PDA

View Full Version : Game: SimCity

oyabun
Tue, 03-12-2013, 02:34 AM
Anyone playing this game? It had quite a disastrous launch with the always online feature. I experienced it first hand when I lost a couple of cities when the game crashes. But it is still a lot of fun to play and even more fun if the regional issues are fix.

KrayZ33
Tue, 03-12-2013, 03:35 AM
worst part of the game is that you have no room to build after like 1 hour... thats not the sim city I remember

they need to increase the map size by a factor of 4 to 5

oyabun
Tue, 03-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Totally agree with you. The limited size is a little annoying. You can counter this by specializing on different regions but right now I'm not sure the region linking works properly. I'm planning to setup a commercial, industrial and residential hub separately.

Xrlderek
Tue, 03-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Tempted to pick this up, played mostly simcity 3000 before but it had some awful bugs at times that destroyed an otherwise very fun game for me (loved building many cities and linking them together with neighbors). Limited size sounds awful though.

Animeniax
Tue, 03-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I want to give Simcity a try, but always felt it was pointless compared to a game like Stronghold. In SH, you built your city for a greater purpose than just subsistence or even progress. You had to defend it against attacks, hence stronghold.

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-13-2013, 08:14 AM
same here, games like tropico or sim city run by themselves after a few minutes, which is why I couldn't finish Tropico 3 dlc + tropico 4 up to date.

but games like stronghold don't exist nowadays :(

man, the multiplayer sure was good there.... create your own map, design a freaking awesome castle, peace until 30:00 and then fight

Dark Dragon
Mon, 03-18-2013, 03:11 AM
My problem with this game isn't that it's terrible, but mostly because it could have easily been great.

There are quite a few good design decisions, but they're all completely overshadowed by all of the stupid ones.

EA must have seen Blizzard terrible launch with D3 and went "We need to top that".

EA recently said that it's completely possible to play the game offline, but it didn't fit with their "vision". This is backpedaling after they got caught lying about how it's impossible to run the game offline.

Overall, this is pretty stupid considering that Anno 2070 recently came out. That game is exactly like EA "vision" of players interacting with each other online, but it was playable offline so there is absolutely no reason why EA couldn't have done this.

I'm probably going to stop playing the game until someone release an offline crack that lets you save.

oyabun
Tue, 03-19-2013, 02:22 AM
I stopped playing for now. They need to fix the game, the R only region is just ridiculous. Atleast we get a free game?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-19-2013, 04:33 AM
I stopped playing for now. They need to fix the game, the R only region is just ridiculous. Atleast we get a free game?

R only region?

Is that a red light district or something??