PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Anime's TV Run to End on March 30

Marik
Sat, 03-02-2013, 11:59 AM
ANN confirmed that Kodansha's TV Magazine announced on Friday that the Fairy Tail anime's television broadcast run will end on March 30. The adaptation of Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail fantasy adventure manga premiered on Japan's TV Tokyo station in October 2009.

The April issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine is revealing on Monday that the Driland anime will begin a new run in Fairy Tail's current Saturday 10:30 a.m. timeslot on April 6.

However, Mashima posted a statement to fans on his official Twitter feed on Saturday:

Until the time comes, I cannot say something I've always wanted to say, even on Twitter. Please be patient and wait until the time comes for me to announce some good news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-02/fairy-tail-anime-tv-run-to-end-on-march-30

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I'll miss it when it's not on anymore but...well...it's better than having seasons of endless filler that just ruin the series.

I wonder if the good news he wants to announce is a movie that will show the end of this arc.

Kraco
Sat, 03-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I wonder if the good news he wants to announce is a movie that will show the end of this arc.

The manga doesn't really yet show any signs of how and where the current arc is going to end (and it's only barely ahead of the anime), but I suppose the mangaka himself knows how it's going to end and approximately how soon. If your guess is correct, then that announcement might happen when the arc finishes or when his plans and the studio's plans are so solid they can set dates in stone.

Penner
Sat, 03-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Wat? They're ending the series this month?? ;_;

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I know. Four episodes left, I'll be surprised if they even finish this day of the tournament.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Well it's been fun. Hope it ends momentarily stalls on a high note, since we won't really know when we'll get that continuation animated.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-03-2013, 03:40 PM
This kind of confuses me the same way as Bleach.

If you knew you were going to be stopping soon, wouldn't it have made more sense to stop AT the time-skip and WITHOUT the huge filler arc?

Ending the series at the end of the Tenrou Island arc would have made a lot more sense.

Just like it would have made a lot more sense to end Bleach at the end of the Aizen arc.

And how it would have made WAY more sense to end the first Naruto series at the end of the Sasuke Retrieval arc instead of having 2 years of filler...

Kraco
Sun, 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
If you knew you were going to be stopping soon, wouldn't it have made more sense to stop AT the time-skip and WITHOUT the huge filler arc?

Artistic sense is oft on the losing side against the business sense. It's always easier to keep animating an existing project than to start a whole new one. Especially if the existing one is financially viable. But perhaps there is some sense left in the studio folks as they now realised this is hopeless.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
It's too bad it's going to end this month. I'm happy that they do it this way, just pick it up later.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I mean, it's certainly better than the alternative, it just annoys me that they're ending it mid-arc.

Marik
Thu, 07-11-2013, 11:36 AM
A relaunch of the Fairy Tail television anime project has been green-lit. Original manga creator Hiro Mashima had indicated that there would be good news for fans on Thursday.

Update: Mashima confirmed that the project is a new television anime series, and a sequel.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-11/fairy-tail-tv-anime-project-relaunched

Penner
Thu, 07-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Wat? Fairy Tail sequel series? Already?

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 07-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Well, so far it's just a new project and nothing has been mentioned about an actual release( as far as I know). Which I'm glad about since otherwise it would be filled with filler.

Penner
Fri, 07-12-2013, 10:03 AM
I honestly thought more people would react to this news, maybe they haven't noticed it yet lol (or they just don't care as much as i do? :P)

Anyway, i think this is awesome news, i was expecting atleast a 1 year wait until we got any new FT stuff.

(ofc, the second i posted this, i notice NeoCybercoin made a post. Thats some magical timing right there.)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-12-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm certainly looking forward to some more FT, but at the same time such a short wait makes me think that we also won't have a very long season ahead.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 07-12-2013, 05:48 PM
That's what I'm worried about as well. At least the current manga arc is over. So I am guessing they could really stretch the fights that happened and afterwards a good long filler arc. But I do hope the story is good. And not some crap with that...Buttgang or whatever they were.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 07-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Great to read this news, but I'd rather wait a bit to have a nice long run that is filler free.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 07-20-2013, 04:23 AM
What do they mean by relaunch?

Is that just a fancy way of saying there's another season coming?

I honestly thought more people would react to this news, maybe they haven't noticed it yetI just noticed it now.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-21-2013, 09:29 PM
I honestly thought more people would react to this news, maybe they haven't noticed it yet lol (or they just don't care as much as i do? :P)

I read the news and was only okay-pumped.

Then I listened to some FT OST - and now I'm really pumped. :D

Marik
Sat, 12-28-2013, 07:13 AM
I was looking at chapter 365 from MangaPanda and it said that the anime will restart in April. So, I went and found a news story...

---

Fairy Tail Anime Returns in April

Director Ishihira assures fans that though some staff members have changed, quality of the anime has increased

The sixth issue of 2014 of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing on January 8 that the anime adaptation of Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail manga will return in April on Tokyo TV and its related channels.

Director Shinji Ishihira expressed his joy at being able to bring the anime to fans in the spring. He mentioned that while there will be a change in staff for the restart of the anime, they are working to increase the quality of the show as a whole.

The magazine lists the cast and staff:

Cast
Natsu - Tetsuya Kakihara
Lucy – Aya Hirano
Happy – Rie Kugimiya
Gray – Yūichi Nakamura
Erza – Sayaka Ohara

Staff
Director: Shinji Ishihira
Series Composition: Masashi Sogo
Character Design: Shinji Takeuchi
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures, Bridge

Takeuchi is replacing Aoi Yamamoto as character designer, while Bridge is replacing Satelight as one of the studios animating the series.

Mashima had asked fans earlier this year to wait until he could announce some "good news" since the first television anime adaptation of Fairy Tail ended. Mashima added on Twitter at the time, "It's actually not over yet. I can't say more than this, but I hope you watch the rerun starting in April and wait for the day I can announce some good news. […] Anime is not the end. Don't stop believing." The series concluded with a "To Be Continued" title card. Mashima later announced that the television anime project had relaunched.

Fairy Tail Anime Restarts in April (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-28/fairy-tail-anime-restarts-in-april)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Weekly Erza is not far off?

/cries manly tears.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-18-2014, 09:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HQJ34jAQKrI

Looks like a continuation rather than a reboot.

Fuck yeah!

Art style looks a little "cleaner" and elegant. I'll watch that for a few weeks before I decide whether I like it or not.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Mmmmm, dat celtic rock.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-06-2014, 07:37 PM
I don't want to start a thread for this:

So since its not a re-run but a continuation I decided to pick this show up, because if I'm not doing it now, I never will.
I wanted to ask whether there is a subbing-group that is similiar to what Taka is for Naruto? Or should I just go with HS? I see a group called "tsuki" which sounds promising but I can only find their stuff from 39 onwards

Thanks for the help.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-06-2014, 08:53 PM
I can't think of any good reason not to just use HS. But then, I don't know fansubbing.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2014, 06:58 AM
the first episodes are rather pixelated, I guess thats because of how old the show is? or am I doing it wrong? it doesn't really bother that much, but if there's something better, I'd rather get that

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-07-2014, 08:23 AM
the first episodes are rather pixelated, I guess thats because of how old the show is? or am I doing it wrong? it doesn't really bother that much, but if there's something better, I'd rather get that

I don't remember them being pixelated. That sounded like a problem encountered when older MPC clients tried playing 10-bit releases...

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2014, 11:51 AM
the old ones (all of them?) arn't 10bit so its not that for sure, I checked the HS ones too, they are just as bad, even a bit worse
seems like the source material is just like that, compared to todays standards - I'm not really having any "banding" issues, its just that not a sharp picture as if its zoomed in

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-07-2014, 10:18 PM
You shouldn't be having quality issues. The series was in HD from the very beginning.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Have you got timestamps? I just flicked through the first 3 episodes of HS-Fairy Tail on my HDD, and I don't see any quality issues at all. Come to think of it, HS releases still are 8bit (that's great, since it means my phone can hw-decode them :) )

KrayZ33
Tue, 04-08-2014, 08:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lQWoxe7.jpg

the mouth area for example, though its more obvious if its on full screen

http://i.imgur.com/lgahZPl.jpg

*click (http://imgur.com/lgahZPl)* <--------------

^------------------ !!!!

I'm already used to it after ~20 episodes, but at the beginning it really catched my eye especially since its has so many close ups in which characters move and talk

http://imgur.com/W0GYAkD

I could put the whole picture in red circles but well, that would be pointless :D
However, just in case I updated my CCCP and its still the same, so whatever

Alhuin
Fri, 04-11-2014, 01:19 AM
I'm not sure if this would be a viable option for you, but the first ~50 episodes are on Netflix and (should) stream perfectly fine. I only watched up to episode 5 before I lost interest though. Not because it was boring, but just because it isn't the full series. I'd rather find a Bluray batch anyways.