PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Ep. 170

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-22-2013, 11:40 PM
[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail - 170: 1080p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=406781) | 720p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=406760) | 480p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=406759)

----------------------------------------------------

T..time limit?! I don't remember there being a time limit!! >_>

Oh well, it was a cool fight I suppose.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Eh. Anticlimactic.

The only way there should be a tie is a Double KO.

Anyway, Jellal is fucked now!

Kraco
Sat, 02-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Nah, I liked this conclusion well enough. This allowed those two to become friends. Wendy put up a very good fight considering she's never been a fighting oriented mage.

Anyway, Jellal is fucked now!

Hardly. He has been on the run ever since the jail break. His hands are somewhat tied now because his actions would reflect badly on Fairy Tail (although since it's Fairy Tail with their infamy of outrageous behavior, I guess that's debatable), but as we saw, the council's hands were somewhat tied as well. It's kind of a status quo as long as the event is going on, but he's apparently not planning to stick around any longer anyway, so what's the difference?

Penner
Sat, 02-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Looks like there's another ep full of fanservice coming up!

I'm getting pretty curious about that Zeref-ish person now...

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Hardly. He has been on the run ever since the jail break. His hands are somewhat tied now because his actions would reflect badly on Fairy Tail (although since it's Fairy Tail with their infamy of outrageous behavior, I guess that's debatable), but as we saw, the council's hands were somewhat tied as well. It's kind of a status quo as long as the event is going on, but he's apparently not planning to stick around any longer anyway, so what's the difference?His problems aren't the cops man, it's the vengeful bitches.

Kraco
Sat, 02-23-2013, 07:28 PM
His problems aren't the cops man, it's the vengeful bitches.

He was one of the ten wizard saints. Random vengeful bitches are hardly a concern for him. They can just join the line of people chasing after his shadow. The only one mattering would have been Erza, but now she's again lovey-dovey, so it's no problem anymore.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-23-2013, 08:28 PM
He was one of the ten wizard saints. Random vengeful bitches are hardly a concern for him.

But they're a concern for him because he's all M about wanting to repent.

And then there's the issue of him being locked up for a while and possibly lacking the time and means to train like everybody else (who matters) seems to do in this series.

edit: then again, he's got Ultear backing him up.. and she's pretty hax.

Kraco
Sun, 02-24-2013, 02:54 AM
But they're a concern for him because he's all M about wanting to repent.

And then there's the issue of him being locked up for a while and possibly lacking the time and means to train like everybody else (who matters) seems to do in this series.

If memory serves, Ultear got him out of the prison pretty soon after she returned, with Meredy, from Tenrou Island, which means he has had time to train for most of the skipped time. He wasn't locked up for any significant amount of time in that sense. Although probably enough to know he doesn't want to go back to be tortured by petty frogmen who love to punish him for their own shortcomings.

I suppose Millianna might have some chances to evoke a weakness in Jellal, but I have a feeling he won't be offering his neck to anybody anymore, especially after Erza's speech. Besides, he only needs to escape, which should be a breeze for him. It's not like he would fight anybody but dark guild members.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-24-2013, 05:28 AM
I'm more referring to the katana chick, who's clearly being built up as a badass.

Kraco
Sun, 02-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Sure, but like I said, Jellal should have no reason to fight her. She's not a member of a dark guild or some Zeref's henchman, by the looks of it.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Jellal's sticking around to fix up this Zeref mess. If someone's getting in his way, he needs to deal with her. It's not like his only concern is high-tailing out of there and never to be seen again.

It doesn't seem like many other people can help him out. His guild (or maybe even just him) is the only one to notice Zeref's magic.

Kraco
Sun, 02-24-2013, 09:34 AM
It's a big city. Maybe the biggest, being the capital. So, there's room for two mages. Kagura doesn't look like a sensory type, anyway, proven by the fact she needed to see Jellal without the Mystogan mask to even realise he's in fact her nemesis. As long as they don't end up in the same room, Jellal should have nothing to worry about. And even if they did, he could just leave using Meteor.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Assuming Milliana doesn't bind him that is.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Sure, but like I said, Jellal should have no reason to fight her. She's not a member of a dark guild or some Zeref's henchman, by the looks of it.Riiiight. Except he's going to have to fight her, when she tries to murder his ass. You know, what with it being her entire life's purpose and all.

It's a big city. Maybe the biggest, being the capital. So, there's room for two mages.Er...you do realize there's a competition going on and they're both on teams right?

It's not like "That guy on Fairy Tail B" is going to be that hard to find.

Kraco
Sun, 02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Er...you do realize there's a competition going on and they're both on teams right?

It's not like "That guy on Fairy Tail B" is going to be that hard to find.

Yeah, if she's lucky enough to face him on the arena. However, she has been there once already, same as Jellal, so how likely is it that they would face each other anymore, especially in a duel? There have been different kinds of contests, some not involving fighting at all.

Outside of the contests she can't openly attack Jellal anyway without risking hurting her guild. And that's also where she would have hard time tracking down and catching him.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Outside of the contests she can't openly attack Jellal anyway without risking hurting her guild. And that's also where she would have hard time tracking down and catching him.She could just engage him coming to or from the arena.

Since she will only draw her sword to kill Jellal, that means if she was fighting someone stronger than her in the games, she'd lose rather than use her full power. That gives the impression that vengeance on Jellal is more important to her than her guild winning the contest.

Kraco
Sun, 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM
That gives the impression that vengeance on Jellal is more important to her than her guild winning the contest.

No, it doesn't. She even stopped Millianna when Jellal was standing ten meters from them. It could still be the case, yes, but at the moment nothing suggests she's ready to condemn the rest of her guild just to seek personal vengeance. I suppose it depends on her character: Whether she's willing to become what she hates or if she wants to retain her righteousness. After all, if she's willing to sacrifice her guild to serve her own purposes, she's basically the same as the man she's hunting.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-24-2013, 07:41 PM
The point about Jellal sticking around FT-B is hypothetical because he's already said he's going to leave. The old guy saved his ass once, but the council's still onto him.

I'll still predict them to fight, but rather than because of their "team fights", it'll be because the tournament is interrupted by whatever menace is behind it.. and everybody will be fighting for whatever their objective is (Jellal to stop Zeref, Kagura to kill Jellal, FT for whatever).

When that's done and dusted, I reckon the teams (or what's left of them) will return in the spirit of the tournament for a a final round (between Sabertooth and FT) in order to determine Fiore's strongest guild.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-26-2013, 12:02 AM
No, it doesn't. She even stopped Millianna when Jellal was standing ten meters from them. It could still be the case, yes, but at the moment nothing suggests she's ready to condemn the rest of her guild just to seek personal vengeance.I don't think her stopping had anything to do with her guild and everything to do with the entire squadron of anti-magic knights that were standing right there.

The point about Jellal sticking around FT-B is hypothetical because he's already said he's going to leave. The old guy saved his ass once, but the council's still onto him.I assumed that he eventually gets uncovered as not a member of FT which gets FT-B disqualified, which is how we end up with the team shown in the intro.

Kraco
Tue, 02-26-2013, 03:19 AM
I don't think her stopping had anything to do with her guild and everything to do with the entire squadron of anti-magic knights that were standing right there.

Those dregs are only good for arresting people, who have already been badly beaten by real guild mages. Splendidly demonstrated by the Nirvana incident: They waited in the shadows until the alliance had beaten the dark guilds, and then they suddenly deigned to appear to take away Jellal. They are total losers whose only weight is to work for the council. If Kagura isn't strong enough to ignore those fools, she doesn't have the slightest chance to cut even a hair from Jellal's head.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-26-2013, 05:00 AM
I assumed that he eventually gets uncovered as not a member of FT which gets FT-B disqualified, which is how we end up with the team shown in the intro.

I'd thought of that too, but I have Jellal the benefit of doubt that he's smart enough to call it quits when he should. FT is still pretty low on the rungs at the moment, and I have a funny feeling that they'll merge into the "True" FT team in order to combine their points.

Those dregs are only good for arresting people, who have already been badly beaten by real guild mages. Splendidly demonstrated by the Nirvana incident: They waited in the shadows until the alliance had beaten the dark guilds, and then they suddenly deigned to appear to take away Jellal. They are total losers whose only weight is to work for the council. If Kagura isn't strong enough to ignore those fools, she doesn't have the slightest chance to cut even a hair from Jellal's head.

1) The knights there concluded that Mystogan is not Jellal. Kagura killing Mystogan there means she's a murdering criminal.

2) Jellal is to be put into prison, not killed. Killing a prisoner is still a criminal offence I would imagine.

Kraco
Tue, 02-26-2013, 05:47 AM
1) The knights there concluded that Mystogan is not Jellal. Kagura killing Mystogan there means she's a murdering criminal.

2) Jellal is to be put into prison, not killed. Killing a prisoner is still a criminal offence I would imagine.

Somehow I don't get the feeling from Kagura that she simply wants to put Jellal back into a prison, regardless of if she knows the council scumbags were going to execute him to hide the evidence of their own incompetence for good. So, if her intention is to slay him fair and square, she's fully prepared to face the consequences. However, I have a feeling she doesn't want to endanger her guild in the process, and that's the reason why she stopped Millianna and instead chose to bide her time, possibly until this whole contest business is over.

But of course I could be judging her wrong, especially if she expects Jellal to be quickly executed once caught.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Somehow I don't get the feeling from Kagura that she simply wants to put Jellal back into a prison, regardless of if she knows the council scumbags were going to execute him to hide the evidence of their own incompetence for good. So, if her intention is to slay him fair and square, she's fully prepared to face the consequences.I agree that she probably wants to kill him in a duel to the death type thing.

But, that's the thing. If the Knights are weak(and there's really no evidence one way or the other yet that they are), they'd still interfere if she attacked him, which is why she's not doing it now.