PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Chapter 526

Marik
Wed, 02-13-2013, 02:37 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/526)

yapchagi
Wed, 02-13-2013, 03:34 AM
getting sick of this. What's the point of this? Just tell us already! Give Kenpachi his shikai and bankai and be done with it.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM
So what exactly was her Bankai? Sort of looked like the Espada #2 dude "deathy".

Death BOO Z
Wed, 02-13-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm going to throw something out there... she released her Bankai so that it could break, and then her sword wouldn't have a 'spirit' inside it, after which she is going to implant herself into the sword, so that Kenpachi could use her forever and have a proper sword.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Kinda stupid for your strongest fighter to kill your second strongest fighter as part of training to fight an enemy none of you can handle.

Abdula
Wed, 02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Immensely stupid, but we have come to accept such things by now. I just hope Zaraki does something worthy of all this like actually defeating the enemy leader or at least someone important. It has been said before but SS is incredibly incompetent, I mean what would they have done if Rukia hadn't given Ichigo her powers way back when. Even Byakuya was expecting, even worse he seemed content, that Ichigo would just show up and save the day.

Carnage
Wed, 02-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Kinda stupid for your strongest fighter to kill your second strongest fighter as part of training to fight an enemy none of you can handle.

No you idiot, its called "strategy". You wouldn't get it. Kubo gets it.

Y
Fri, 02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
This was a legitimately great chapter from a comic that never, ever has legitimately great chapters. The whole sexual subtext of their fight plays out explicitly in the text and in some great imagery. Kubo neatly avoids a genre cliche by shockingly having Unohana release her Bankai and avoiding explaining it at all, which I loved. You can infer what it does from what's on the page anyway, and the chapter would not be served at all by an infodump about the specifics of her sword The last page, with Zaraki penetrating her with his sword as he holds her in a lovers' embrace, is particularly striking.

Carnage
Fri, 02-15-2013, 05:13 PM
This was a legitimately great chapter from a comic that never, ever has legitimately great chapters. The whole sexual subtext of their fight plays out explicitly in the text and in some great imagery. Kubo neatly avoids a genre cliche by shockingly having Unohana release her Bankai and avoiding explaining it at all, which I loved. You can infer what it does from what's on the page anyway, and the chapter would not be served at all by an infodump about the specifics of her sword The last page, with Zaraki penetrating her with his sword as he holds her in a lovers' embrace, is particularly striking.

Nah man its Kubo. Its all a coincidence.

Y
Fri, 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Nah man its Kubo. Its all a coincidence.

Who cares?

Carnage
Fri, 02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
In all seriousness, the implied romance doesn't really do anything for me. Unohana has never done anything relevant other than catch Aizen betraying the Gotei 13 for half a chapter and transporting Ichigo from Hueco Mundo to Karakura town. The previous two chapters would have been well done if we had any idea behind Unohana's history and why she might have become a bloodthirsty savage.

The character development really comes out of nowhere, sure its a contrast to who she's been the entire series but there's no explanation behind any of it. Its like going from point D to E before knowing anything about A-C. Kubo doesn't go into any depth for his characters other than Ichigo and his immediate friends, developing character now for these shinigami comes from nowhere and is meaningless. What is even the content of their characters? They love fighting? What the fuck does that even mean? Its lazy writing on Kubo's part, and it always has been. Not that we should have expected much.