PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 620

Marik
Wed, 02-13-2013, 01:33 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/620)

viperwasp
Wed, 02-13-2013, 01:51 AM
That was an awesome chapter. Even if the combat elements of it were just as confusing as they usually are. I think that's what I dislike in Naruto if anything. I need to read chapters with combat like 2-3 times to know whats going on. That was a mess. But no I really like the direction this is taking.

But I do have a rather LARGE issue brewing with one thing that was said or hinted on. One of my favorite aspects of oro and I am sure many people agree is his character does things based on a whim or just because. Fueled also by his desire to master every jutsu and live forever. Hence oros famous line a motionless windmill is sometimes nice but usually it's boring or pointless etc. I forget the wording but that statement kind of summed up oros character and his thoughts about life in general.

They hinted that oro has some other reason I hope this reason does not completely crush his character. But as much as I like oro I feel like his point in the series is long gone and I have lost interest in him. So I don't want oro to be any of the final villains in the series. But I still want his character to remain undamaged.

MFauli
Wed, 02-13-2013, 05:57 AM
That was a terrible chapter. Even trying to imagine how anybody could have enjoyed it, gives me an aneurysm.

Anyway. Im soooo sick of those Uchiha/Senju-flashbacks. They sucked when Madara told Sasuke shit, and they suck now.

Also, now there´s a chance a revived person could break free from Edo Tensei? Bullshit!

Oh, and I guess Naruto just randomly turned into Bleach. "What a presence" and the walls start crumbling. lol.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Well Madara broke the Edo Tensei, there is no way that the man who defeated him won't be able to do it as well. I'm actually surprised Tobirama hasn't been able to do it.

I also get the feeling this might be the rehabilitation of not just Sasuke but Orochimaru too. They are both essentially the same type of character but from different generations; geniuses who went crazy due to the loss of family. Hashirama might be the father/grandfather figure both have needed to calm them down. Plus there is no way these guys won't be joining the battle now that they have sensed what is going on, which would require the agreement of Orochimaru.

darkshadow
Wed, 02-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Lower your fingers; badass brothers.
So this confirms/retcons that the 3rd only bitchedslapped them the first time cause they weren't revived at full power. Also the flashback fight has already been animated, I hope it brings some new shit to the table next week instead of showing it again.

UChessmaster
Wed, 02-13-2013, 11:12 AM
It was animated already? what episode?

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-13-2013, 11:23 AM
I think he is talking about this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJKMI6TE9AU)

toonice714
Wed, 02-13-2013, 11:37 AM
It wasn't their "presence" that broke the walls they were physically pushing with their bodies. And only the ground under the first was all broken. It doesn't matter anyways. They brought them back and made the 4th look weak by comparison after saying he was the strongest shinobi ever produced.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM
I don't think we can say the 4th is weak. You are comparing him with the strongest ninja of all time probably apart from the Sage of Six Paths and his brother. You can see that the only reason Orochimaru has managed to hold Tobirama is because he is using Hashirama's cells, something he can only keep up for a max of 3 years until he needs to change bodies again. Unless of course he goes to another Zetsu clone.

The real weak one out of all this looks like Sandaime.

MFauli
Wed, 02-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Well, what is "weak"?

Afaik, Sandaime is "the professor", because he knows of so many jutsu. So, while the first and second (and fourth?) might be stronger per se, Sarutobi might still be able to keep up with them thanks to the higher number of options he´s got.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 02-13-2013, 12:53 PM
In the end, those that are the strongest seem to be the most laid back and joke the most. First, Fourth, Naruto, Bee, etc.

UChessmaster
Wed, 02-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Sasuke, Itachi, Gaara, Neji, most of the bad guys.

Sidnne
Wed, 02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Pretty great chapter. I'm really looking forward to next week's.

I don't think Minato appears weak. He has never been a flashy, show-off type. He is quiet and does what needs to be done when it needs to be done. I'm sure once they begin combat, the other hokage will be impressed by his abilities, beginning when he teleports them all to the battlefield.

deadlydreamx
Wed, 02-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Pretty great chapter. I'm really looking forward to next week's.

I don't think Minato appears weak. He has never been a flashy, show-off type. He is quiet and does what needs to be done when it needs to be done. I'm sure once they begin combat, the other hokage will be impressed by his abilities, beginning when he teleports them all to the battlefield.

Well he wont be able to teleport to the battlefield because he doesn't have one of his special daggers/kunai over there.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
I think the daggers are special because of he imbued them with his chackra. so why shouldn't he be able to teleport to naruto?
aren't they both using the same kind of chackra?

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-13-2013, 05:43 PM
I think it is more likely that Tobirama would do the teleporting, as he supposedly had advanced space-time ninjutsu.

Abdula
Wed, 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM
It wasn't their "presence" that broke the walls they were physically pushing with their bodies. And only the ground under the first was all broken. It doesn't matter anyways. They brought them back and made the 4th look weak by comparison after saying he was the strongest shinobi ever produced.
Yes it was their presence. They talked about this before, the first time Orochimaru brought Hashirama back and Oonoki mentioned it again when Kabuto brought Madara back. Madara and Hashirama aren't in the same league as other ninjas. Secondly the whole presence thing has been covered too like almost every time Naruto ever used the kyuubi's chakra beginning with his fight with Haku, or when Orochimaru was first introduced. Thirdly, after all the jinchuriki you've seen in action by now you would think you would be used to people destroying stuff with just pure chakra, Naruto has done it before. The rasengan is just chakra, the bijuu-dama is just chakra, the bijuu themselves are just concentrations of chakra. At this point you should just accept that chakra is magic and can do anything. Finally. the 4th was said to be the strongest ninja the leaf village had ever produced, at that time anyway, and there is nothing to dispute that. Madara, Hashirama and Tobirama don't count because the village didn't produce them. They created the village.

In the end, those that are the strongest seem to be the most laid back and joke the most. First, Fourth, Naruto, Bee, etc.
It makes sense for the strongest characters to be the most laid back, in addition those 4 have a great deal of confidence in themselves and their strength so that contributes too.

Sasuke, Itachi, Gaara, Neji, most of the bad guys.
I'm assuming you are trying to contradict what Chaos said but there are a few things you are missing. Firstly, Sasuke and Itachi are Uchiha, they have emo genes as someone phrased it in the last chapter's thread so they don't count. Secondly, Gaara and Neji were two extremely traumatized kids from 2 epicly dysfuctional famalies, seriously only the Uchiha top them. Lastly, most of the bad guys were power hungry which is the reason they were bad guys in the first place, power hungry people aren't known for being laid back.

UChessmaster
Wed, 02-13-2013, 06:45 PM
I`m sure there`s a reason as to why they`re not laid back, doesn`t changes the fact that they`re not laid back.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM
We got to have an undead rematch of Madara vs Hashirama now, with Madara controlling the Jyuubi instead of Kyuubi this time round.

Abdula
Wed, 02-13-2013, 09:04 PM
I`m sure there`s a reason as to why they`re not laid back, doesn`t changes the fact that they`re not laid back.
-_- Wait wait. Are you just dismissing the reason those characters are not laid back, because of the fact that they are not laid back when Chaos's post as well as my own was about the reason those characters are laid back in the first place. "Those that are the strongest seem to be the most laid back and joke the most." That is what he posted so I don't know what it is you're disputing particularly by giving examples of weaker characters, relative to Hashirama anyway, that aren't laid back. My point was that those characters are so laid back not necessarily or solely because of their strength but because of their confidence in their abilities. A perfect example of that that would be shikamaru. If you had used him as an example of a weak character who is laid back then you would have had a counter to what Chaos said but that is not what you did. I am confused.:confused:

Sidnne
Thu, 02-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Well he wont be able to teleport to the battlefield because he doesn't have one of his special daggers/kunai over there.

He doesn't have "special daggers." He uses the Flying Thunder God by teleporting to places where he has a seal marked. The daggers are marked with the seal so he can throw them and teleport to where ever they land. We've seen him put the seal on other objects, such as trees, and even on people's bodies (Tobi and Bee). We already know he has put several seals on/inside of Naruto, so it wouldn't be far fetched for him to have marked Naruto with a Flying Thunder God seal, just in case.

UChessmaster
Thu, 02-14-2013, 05:31 AM
-_- Wait wait. Are you just dismissing the reason those characters are not laid back, because of the fact that they are not laid back when Chaos's post as well as my own was about the reason those characters are laid back in the first place. "Those that are the strongest seem to be the most laid back and joke the most." That is what he posted so I don't know what it is you're disputing particularly by giving examples of weaker characters, relative to Hashirama anyway, that aren't laid back. My point was that those characters are so laid back not necessarily or solely because of their strength but because of their confidence in their abilities. A perfect example of that that would be shikamaru. If you had used him as an example of a weak character who is laid back then you would have had a counter to what Chaos said but that is not what you did. I am confused.

Sooooooo you agree with me.

I`m not trying to rationalize why someone is laid back or not, Chaos said that the strongest characters are laid back, i just pointed out that`s not quite the case and gave some examples.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 02-14-2013, 12:46 PM
I was just making an observation. And I would say that even Itachi was laid back jokingly when he fought Sasuke. He always joked with him and poked him in the head. Heck even Jiyara was very laid back and joked all the time and still managed to counter Pain to an extent.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM
At the levels of strength we're speaking of, the commonalities between every strong character we've seen are talent/genetics, focus, and drive. The reasons they have these things vary, but that they have these things does not. Everything else is moot as far as their strength is concerned. It's possible that being laidback is a result of some of them having acquired strengh (all zen and whatnot) but its not a necessary result.

poopdeville
Thu, 02-14-2013, 01:55 PM

Exactly. We don't know if Minato has epic techniques like the other Kage, but he's fast enough to Rasengan everybody except the Raikage (and presumably Sasuke and Naruto and maybe Bee, Madara, and the first and second Hokage) in the face. It's a sign of his strength that we've seen him get by on the Flash/Rasengan combo.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 02-14-2013, 09:48 PM
The fourth seems to have command over a number of sealing techniques, including the one that teleported the bijuu bomb away from the village. He also created the barrier that contained Kushina, Naruto, the kyubi and himself, followed by summoning the death god. All of those techniques seem high powered to me.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-15-2013, 07:17 AM
A whole lot of time could be saved and issues of doubt avoided if Orochimaru just used Edo Tensei on Sasuke's dad.

UChessmaster
Fri, 02-15-2013, 04:12 PM
I don`t think he had Sasuke`s dad DNA at hand at the moment.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-15-2013, 05:50 PM
There is no way he or Kabuto would not have dug up his DNA if they went digging around to the extent they did. Would have been handy to have the entire Uchiha clan at your disposal if you wanted to say, I dunno, crush Konoha.

UChessmaster
Fri, 02-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Would`ve made sense for Kabuto, a lot of sense actually, he could`ve bringed back complete clans. Oro probably doesn`t has all his tools, he came back to life and went straight to the shrine.

viperwasp
Sat, 02-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Here is a simple but perhaps interesting question.

Does Sasuke know who Naruto's father is? We can easily assume oro told him or he somehow found out otherwise? He could have used common sense but most anime characters are void of common sense even more so many of the Naruto characters. I am just curious what reactions if any Sasuke will have if and or when he learns that the 4th is Naruto's father. Assume he does not already know.

In either case what do you expect the relationship to be between Sasuke and Minato? Do you think they will even talk much at all? Will the conversation of Naruto come up between them? Even if it's brief.

MFauli
Sat, 02-16-2013, 12:35 PM
I think it won´t be revealed to Sasuke that Yondaime is Naruto´s father. Would bring too many implications with it, have too much of an impact.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
It could have a significant impact, in that Sasuke may realise that Naruto has a powerful lineage and he also lost his family in the same spirit of sacrifice that he lost Itachi but Naruto didn't turn out to be emo.

poopdeville
Tue, 02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
From how Sasuke is acting, I don't expect him and Naruto to fight. Sasuke seems to be seriously considering Itachi's wishes, and is open to forgiving Konoha, under the right circumstances. I think Sasuke is going to conclude his conversation with the Hokages, and go ask Naruto if Naruto would kill him to protect the village. Sasuke will realize that the whole cycle of revenge was caused by people with the emo gene, and that he can overcome the emo gene by forgiving Konoha and moving on.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Yeah but if they emo gene is ignored wouldn't the Sharingan end?

Abdula
Wed, 02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
No no, undoubtedly it would unlock a new ability.

From how Sasuke is acting, I don't expect him and Naruto to fight. Sasuke seems to be seriously considering Itachi's wishes, and is open to forgiving Konoha, under the right circumstances. I think Sasuke is going to conclude his conversation with the Hokages, and go ask Naruto if Naruto would kill him to protect the village. Sasuke will realize that the whole cycle of revenge was caused by people with the emo gene, and that he can overcome the emo gene by forgiving Konoha and moving on.
Just too damned reasonable to be in Naruto if you ask me