PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 299

Marik
Thu, 02-07-2013, 06:15 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 299: 1080p (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0F1C84F73004B80082A15E935072A 4138D475A76&dn=[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 299 [1080p].mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.nyaatorrents.info%3a6544%2fann ounce) | 720p (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:71744199917AFE3A55DBE3F37BBBF 42B202B8FBF&dn=[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 299 [720p].mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.nyaatorrents.info%3a6544%2fann ounce) | 480p (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:EE2EAE36AA889E8463DA5CACDABCF 1D9386CC6A1&dn=[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 299 [480p].mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.nyaatorrents.info%3a6544%2fann ounce)

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Cool ep, except after 17m in. Not so much the footage but the soundtrack, could it be more corny?

Wow. Naruto acknowledging his own stupidity for once. And again, after the Planetary Devastation jutsu.

Itachi, my ni-nja.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Noooooo! Why did you do that Itachi! That eye was for curing Kakashi's blindness!!

Phooey....

Fantastic battle btw. The Totsuke blade makes Itachi pretty much the perfect anti-zombie ninja.

I really thought Itachi was going to have to sacrifice himself in order to beat Nagato in some way, the fact that he's just going to be going around, doing stuff now is freaking amazing. He really is the coolest.

I have to say, out of all of Nagato's weird powers, the whole growing robot parts thing is probably the weirdest. It just doesn't make any sense in context of what we know about ninjutus. It's really hard to imagine the SotSP in ancient times just shooting missiles and lasers.

Cool ep, except after 17m in. Not so much the footage but the soundtrack, could it be more corny?Agreed. That whole montage was cheesy as hell.

Kraco
Thu, 02-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Noooooo! Why did you do that Itachi! That eye was for curing Kakashi's blindness!!

Never mind about Kakashi's eyesight. If I was Naruto, I would have loved to have a raven with a sharingan eye sitting on my shoulder. It would multiply even a regular jounin's cool factor. Naruto has ever been cool only in the eyes of snot nosed kids, so he could have really used it.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Never mind about Kakashi's eyesight. If I was Naruto, I would have loved to have a raven with a sharingan eye sitting on my shoulder. It would multiply even a regular jounin's cool factor. Naruto has ever been cool only in the eyes of snot nosed kids, so he could have really used it.Bah. That's wasteful. Without the Mangekyou, a Sharingan isn't good for anything unless you are looking through it. A sharingan in a bird on your shoulder doesn't do anyone any good.

Besides, Naruto has enough of a conflicting animal motif as it is with frogs and foxes without adding a third animal to the mix. You're just going to confuse the ladies.

antiravage
Thu, 02-07-2013, 05:55 PM
It's really hard to imagine the SotSP in ancient times just shooting missiles and lasers.

Asura's powers are a body manipulation jutsu. You can turn your body into anything you want - even saws (see Pain vs Kakashi again). Lasers and missiles is more Nagato's thing.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Are you sure about that? I mean, I don't remember them ever explaining it.

And even if that's the case, how is Nagato turning his body into weapons that haven't been invented yet?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Are you sure about that? I mean, I don't remember them ever explaining it.

And even if that's the case, how is Nagato turning his body into weapons that haven't been invented yet?

He's inventing them... or some other BS to make it true.

Carrying on the debate from the last ep, Itachi recognises he made mistakes. Surely a sign of wisdom if you can accept you did wrong, learn from it and teach others against it using this experience?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Carrying on the debate from the last ep, Itachi recognises he made mistakes. Surely a sign of wisdom if you can accept you did wrong, learn from it and teach others against it using this experience?True enough. This is also the first time we've ever really heard him make a speech when he wasn't in his fake supervillain persona.

Although it's probably fairly easy to gain perspective on your life once you are able to look at the results of it from beyond the grave. The fact that he can recognize how foolish his choices were now just proves how unwise he was when he made those choices in the first place.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes it could be viewed as easy to say such things when you are beyond the grave, but he now knows of knowledge which he didn't posses before i.e. Sasuke going ultra emo. Also, should the buck just stop with him and not go to the leadership commanding him? Just because he was an elite ninja in terms of battle prowess and analytical ability does not necessarily mean he was exposed to the required intellectual or philosophical discussion which would fully develop his sense of right and wrong. His role models in this regards were either the Uchiha clan, who ready to commit on the surface an act of treason, or the village leadership who were ordering a massacre.

Should a young man, no doubt immensely talented, have been promoted so quickly through the ranks of ninja and be exploited as an elite soldier for his battle capabilities without having had the chance to train his mind as well? Its all good talking about the will of fire but that's just some patriotic crap that doesn't deal with moral dilemmas such as the one Itachi faced.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-10-2013, 02:58 AM
Just because he was an elite ninja in terms of battle prowess and analytical ability does not necessarily mean he was exposed to the required intellectual or philosophical discussion which would fully develop his sense of right and wrong.Yeah, but that's two different things. I never argued that Itachi wasn't intelligent or a tactical genius. I just said he didn't seem particularly wise.

And that he seems wiser now that he has seen the negative consequences of the choices he made in life.

warok
Sun, 02-10-2013, 08:08 AM
well u know what they say , "hindsight is 20/20"

jk

itachi has dealt with complex situations.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Yeah, but that's two different things. I never argued that Itachi wasn't intelligent or a tactical genius. I just said he didn't seem particularly wise.

And that he seems wiser now that he has seen the negative consequences of the choices he made in life.

I agree, I was stating that as a discussion point rather than a rebuttal of what you were saying. I don't think we have enough information as to the event itself and Itachi's own circumstances to say either way if Itachi comes out of this a war criminal, a manipulated pawn or a victim himself.

His character is being projected as one who is truly dedicated to the mission and would carry it out even at huge personal cost, with only his one flaw being his feelings getting in the way when it came to his brother. He is shown as otherwise kind, humble and content with being one of the crowd.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't think we have enough information as to the event itself and Itachi's own circumstances to say either way if Itachi comes out of this a war criminal, a manipulated pawn or a victim himself.I'm not even referring to the whole "assassinating your clan" thing.

I'm just purely referring to how he chose to handle Sasuke. For what his stated goals were for Sasuke, the choices he made to try and get him there all completely counter to what makes actual sense.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-10-2013, 05:45 PM
His goal was to make Sasuke strong and proud of his clan, without having any idea the village was to blame for anything. This was successful throughout and only backfired because Itachi didn't realise that Tobi knew about the whole thing and would be able to tell Sasuke, as Itachi comments to that effect in the last couple of episodes. Despite this, he still tried to mitigate this possibility by implanting Amaterasu in Sasuke's Sharingan which would activate upon seeing Tobi, just in case he ever did. This too was a pretty good plan, only undone by Tobi having kept some secrets from Itachi about himself, which Tobi remarked about when he managed to evade Amaterasu.

Point being, if Tobi never managed to tell Sasuke what happened Itachi's plan would have worked; after killing Itachi Sasuke would have been done with the whole revenge thing. He just miscalculated as to the extent of Tobi's abilities and knowledge.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-11-2013, 12:49 AM
His goal was to make Sasuke strong and proud of his clan, without having any idea the village was to blame for anything. This was successful throughout and only backfired because Itachi didn't realise that Tobi knew about the whole thing and would be able to tell Sasuke, as Itachi comments to that effect in the last couple of episodes. It also wouldn't have backfired if the entire plan didn't revolve around turning his brother into a revenge-obsessed hate-filled piece-of-shit and then just crossing his fingers and hoping that mess would end up pointed in the right direction.

Worst. Plan. Ever.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM
It also wouldn't have backfired if the entire plan didn't revolve around turning his brother into a revenge-obsessed hate-filled piece-of-shit and then just crossing his fingers and hoping that mess would end up pointed in the right direction.

Worst. Plan. Ever.

You make it sound like there was a another story he could have told Sasuke in 2 minutes before he disappeared from the village for 10 years.

deadlydreamx
Mon, 02-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Why couldn't Itachi just kill everyone except for saskue and then disappeared. If saskue ran into him later in the future itachi could've just said it wasn't him and nobody knows who it was.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-11-2013, 11:20 AM
You make it sound like there was a another story he could have told Sasuke in 2 minutes before he disappeared from the village for 10 years.I can think of about a dozen. Especially since there was no "2 minute" time limit on what he had to tell him.

It's not as if the cops were on the way. Itachi literally murdered everyone then just hung out till Sasuke got home from school.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-11-2013, 06:56 PM
I can think of about a dozen. Especially since there was no "2 minute" time limit on what he had to tell him.

It's not as if the cops were on the way. Itachi literally murdered everyone then just hung out till Sasuke got home from school.

Itachi killed everyone, and Sasuke walked in on him.

Cops were not on the way (Uchihas were the cops after all), but he's not staying around till someone comes around.

Why couldn't Itachi just kill everyone except for saskue and then disappeared. If saskue ran into him later in the future itachi could've just said it wasn't him and nobody knows who it was.

Hokage would have spread the word already. Itachi's corpse would have been missing, and the village would have needed to find the one responsible. If no one from the village did it, then they would have needed to direct their suspicions at other villages, which defies the point of killing the Uchihas to maintain village stability and well-being.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Itachi killed everyone, and Sasuke walked in on him.I'm pretty sure they show Itachi sitting on top of a telephone pole watching Sasuke come home first, obviously waiting for him to show up.

EDIT: Yes. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v25/c224/16.html

Hokage would have spread the word already. Itachi's corpse would have been missing, and the village would have needed to find the one responsible. If no one from the village did it, then they would have needed to direct their suspicions at other villages, which defies the point of killing the Uchihas to maintain village stability and well-being.Still, having the village blame Itachi leaves Sasuke room for doubt, and possible paths besides mindless revenge.

Confronting him and telling him you totally did it and also that the reason you did it is because you're super evil and the only way you can make it right is to become evil too is...again...the stupidest fucking plan ever.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 02-13-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm pretty sure they show Itachi sitting on top of a telephone pole watching Sasuke come home first, obviously waiting for him to show up.

EDIT: Yes. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v25/c224/16.html

While that frame shows that Itachi was on a pole when Sasuke came home, it doesn't actually mean he was done killing and felt like waiting for his younger brother.

However, what it does indicate is that Itachi knew Sasuke was coming home.. and should he have tried hard enough to avoid running into him.. he could have.

So ultimately.. I'll agree with you here that his meeting with Sasuke was most likely intentional. Perhaps if he intended to leave Sasuke alive all along, then it was only convenient that Sasuke also served as a witness to reinforce the idea to the village that Itachi really did kill the clan to test his strength.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Okay so, something else confuses me. If Shisui disappeared without leaving a body behind, how come everything thinks he drown? In order for them to know how he died wouldn't they have to have found his body?

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Didn't he leave a suicide note?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-13-2013, 06:33 PM
I don't remember.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-13-2013, 06:35 PM
I think he did, which is why the clan suspected Itachi as if it had been murder then someone with a Sharingan activated and a close enough relationship to Shisui would be able to mimick his handwriting to produce the note.