PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 618

Marik
Wed, 01-30-2013, 01:05 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/618)

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 01-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Well how about that. Orochimaru make everyone look so lame. Jeez.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 01-30-2013, 02:30 AM
So I guess the Edo Tensei does override the Shiki Fuujin seal. Someone's going to have to explain to me how Hashirama is here though, because last I checked, Madara is actually a Madara/Hashirama hybrid.

Tofu #2
Wed, 01-30-2013, 03:58 AM
So I guess the Edo Tensei does override the Shiki Fuujin seal. Someone's going to have to explain to me how Hashirama is here though, because last I checked, Madara is actually a Madara/Hashirama hybrid.

Huh? It didn't override it, he broke the seal.

For 1) That's not Hashirama, it's a zetsu with his soul
2) Madara is ALSO a corpse with a soul
3) Hashirama remained alive after the fight with madara so I don't see a problem?
4) All madara did was gain senju cells

O hello Hashirama+Madara & Tobi+Minato reunion

MFauli
Wed, 01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
My bullshit-o-meter just exploded ... but itīs all kinda okay because itīs Orochimaru :>

darkshadow
Wed, 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
What...?

DB_Hunter
Wed, 01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Madara is screwed

Tobi is going to get an ass whooping

Naruto is going to freak

Sasuke will get emo

But most of all, Oro will finally rule all, Jyuubi or no Jyuubi.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM
So confirmation that Orochimaru's arms were sealed that entire time, even after swapping bodies.

Also if he summoned them with his dying body and swapped into one of the Zetsu clones to take it over, does that mean the Hokages are free from his control?

darkshadow
Wed, 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Edo tensei can only be released by someone who knows the jutsu, or by the caster, it doesn't go away on death.

Assertn
Wed, 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM
People resurrected by the edo tensai are never freed even after the death of the summoner. The only reason Madara gained control over himself was because of some crazy jutsu he used.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Sorry why didn't Orochimaru do this to get his arms back in the first place?

Carnage
Wed, 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM

Even with the mask, he probably needed the sharingan to move that stone tablet.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM

It's also possible he didn't know how to do this back then.

viperwasp
Wed, 01-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Can someone help me here? What did the scroll that sugetsu or whatever his name find say? (Back plenty of chapters ago.) I know they never showed it but he immediately assumed it could change the war in Sasukes Favor? Did it also mention the man who knows everything or did oro only mention that?

I am very confused of what the scroll of information could have said that was clear enough to sugetsu that Sasuke would be interested and it would help him. Without being direct enough to mention things like the Uzumaki clan, the death god, oro, and what so ever?

I personally cannot fathom it? Either it would have not made sense to segetsu or it would have explained a lot. It just feels weird that most of it was kept secret from the reader and it almost does not make sense plot or character wise either. What did it say? What did it pertane two?

Was it written in oro's hand writting and oro was like finally I figured out how to reach the man who knows everything! And than Sasuke read it and was like I want to meet this man whoever he is. So than Sasuke revive oro to go forward with the plan? Maybe it was in more details? Maybe Sasuke and or gang know what they were going to do? But they seemed very unknowing of were they had to go and why?

Is there perhaps more to it? Why did they have to go into that room? Is there something else to this whole plan? Or was getting his arms back and resurrecting those 4 the whole plan?

I cannot fathom how Segetsu read it and went OMG this might change everything! With how things went since than.

ALSO
There is no way I can believe that Konoha could be rebuilt that quickly to that degree. And it does not even look new? Maybe I can assume that it could be possible with unrealistic means but some of those buildings looks advanced! Made of stone etc. Carved... 2-3 months time would be about all the time they could have possible had right? That seems unrealistic.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 01-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah but why did Oro need to be in that room to perform his ritual? He just put the mask on and went for it.

Also, if he didn't know about this back in the day why didn't he use this when he learned of this later?

viperwasp
Wed, 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Yeah but why did Oro need to be in that room to perform his ritual? He just put the mask on and went for it.

Also, if he didn't know about this back in the day why didn't he use this when he learned of this later?

I know! If oro found out later it seems all he really needed was one of those masks... and people to sacrifice? Well actually did he not use a White Zetsu to take his sacrifice instead of him. I will admit I kind of don't understand the role the White Zetsu forfilled.

Did he absolutely need a white zetsu? Because getting one of those masks and people to sacrifice would be easy. Getting into that room would have been more difficult but oro could have done it. I noticed that I usually have the last say or comment on most of these threads. That is not intentional I really like it when someone actually tries to have an on going discussion here instead of just submitting one comment with what they thought of the chapter and than moving on.

I did like this Chapter of Naruto in the very least it was totally unpredictable. But it was sort of farfetched even for Naruto. So I guess the White Zetsu could have been why oro could not have done this before???

Tofu #2
Wed, 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM
last 2 posts are ruining this manga with logic

Kensee
Wed, 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Oro got tired of villains in this story mucking everything up and came back to show everyone how its done.

Oh snap, Naruto vs reanimated version of his father! HA snap!

bagandscalpel
Wed, 01-30-2013, 11:59 PM
Anything that Oro can do/knows now that he couldn't/didn't before can probably be summed up with: "He sucked up Kabuto's brainjuice."

DB_Hunter
Thu, 01-31-2013, 06:10 AM
That's not on. So in the short time (weeks, 3 months manga wise?) that Oro has been away Kabuto not only did a PhD in every single thing that Oro spent his entire life working on but also managed to train up in Senjutsu and exceed Oro?

einbreaker
Thu, 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM
That's not on. So in the short time (weeks, 3 months manga wise?) that Oro has been away Kabuto not only did a PhD in every single thing that Oro spent his entire life working on but also managed to train up in Senjutsu and exceed Oro?

Maybe it hasn't been 3 months? My head cannon thinks it's been maybe a year or so. I mean A lot of things happened since Oro died, both times.

But Yeah I'm still confused about the unbound arms thing. Maybe it was information Kabuto received from Obito during their tenuous partnership. Like the mask and its location. But I guess that opens a bigger can of worms... why wouldn't Obito want to release the souls of the 4 hokage to fight on his side? The only thing I can think of is maybe these souls aren't bound by the edo tensei and are just going to be info dumps for Sasuke/the reader. Or maybe Obito feared the first and second may of unbound themselves from the edo tensei like Madara did. They were of comparable skills. and If I remember correctly the second was a master of edo tensei.

Assertn
Thu, 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
I just figured this was Oro's next plan all along after taking over Sasuke's body and obtaining his sharingan.

MFauli
Thu, 01-31-2013, 03:17 PM
I just figured this was Oro's next plan all along after taking over Sasuke's body and obtaining his sharingan.

No.
His original plan was to get the Sharingan so he could easily copy all ninjutsus. Of course, that was back then when Copy Ninja Kakashi was the hottest thing in the world...

DB_Hunter
Thu, 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM
I call BS on this.

Anyway, if Minato and Naruto meet, Minato should have no memory of talking to his son as that was a chakra based communication due that which he left before he died. I think the mere sight of seeing Naruto controlling the Kyuubi's power will be enough to give him emotional closure and send him on his way.

ForteCross
Thu, 01-31-2013, 06:04 PM
then again this is an edo tensei with sacrifices like the one used in the konoha invasion, where oro took control over the minds of the kages after that they started alerting the thirds about their attacks... i am not sure if kabuto used zetsus to use the mass summon and kabuto didnt took control over the minds of the dead

also edo tensei doesnt override the Shiki Fuujin seal, oro sacrificed his own body to let the 4 spirits out of the shinigami's stomach along with the half spirit of oro that was sealed, then summoned the kages sacrificing 4 zetsus and at the moment that oro's body was about to perish he transferred himself to the 5th zetsu, leaving one last living zetsu, 4 kages and a new body with hashirama's cell(expect a new power up coming) for oro

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-01-2013, 10:18 AM
You know a real twist would be Naruto managing to win over Orochimaru and him becoming Hokage

Kensee
Fri, 02-01-2013, 11:51 PM
You know a real twist would be Naruto managing to win over Orochimaru and him becoming Hokage

My mind just blew.

Too bad Oro did a lot of bad things in a non-so discrete way. Everyone knows what he done (the primary reason behind the third's death being the top of that very long list).

I'm kind of done with the whole Naruto vs Sauske rematch. I want Oro to "ninja" his way into Sauske's body and fight Naruto, thus forcing Naruto to kill Orochiuske (or Sauschimaru ... that sounds better) despite the obvious rattle that Naruto will find a way to save Sauske.

Killing his rival/friend/fallen companion will give him the final growth he needs to be a Hokage.

edit: Believe it!

Keno
Sun, 02-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Well, Naruto so far hasn't killed anyone who isn't a clone or already dead. I doubt Sasuke will be the first and only kill he'll have in this whole series. :(

What I would really like to see (and would also be a good twist) is the 4 previous Hokages just going *sigh*, break free from Edo Tensei and start whooping everyone starting with the ones in front of them. All that from the first page of next chapter. :D

But no. I bet we are in for Konoha History 101 or something. Hopefully it's interesting.

UChessmaster
Sun, 02-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Well, Naruto so far hasn't killed anyone who isn't a clone or already dead. I doubt Sasuke will be the first and only kill he'll have in this whole series. :(

Didn`t he killed the fake Itachi back in rescue gaara arc?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Naruto may not take a life but he destroys every character with his shonen heart. Why kill an enemy when you can turn them in to your ally?

Edit: On another note, I just realised that a massive power up is coming Naruto's way; if the four Hokage and Orochimaru's arms have been released in this ritual, then so should have the Yin half of Kyuubi's chakara. I think after this latest attack the Jyuubi will transform in to its final form and the power upgrade will give Naruto a fighting chance and the ability to keep up with what it does.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 02-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Edit: On another note, I just realised that a massive power up is coming Naruto's way; if the four Hokage and Orochimaru's arms have been released in this ritual, then so should have the Yin half of Kyuubi's chakara. I think after this latest attack the Jyuubi will transform in to its final form and the power upgrade will give Naruto a fighting chance and the ability to keep up with what it does.

Oh good fucking call. I'm not sure that it had to have been released with the summoning of the 4th, but now that we know that things can be wrested from the hands of the death god, there's no way the kyuubi's half-chakra is staying locked in there.

darkshadow
Tue, 02-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Y already called that one, spend more time on irc ;].

Though I kinda disagreed, because the bijuu just reappear somewhere else even if the host is killed and we didn't see anything else leave the death god's belly.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 02-05-2013, 04:43 AM
I think the reason we didn't was because they were shown to be proportional in size; four large souls and a smaller arms piece. If they showed the Yin chakra it would have dwarfed everything.