PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 297

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 01-24-2013, 06:43 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 297: 1080p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=396566) | 720p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=396563) | 480p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=396560)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Cheezy backstory. Next week shows promise though.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Cheezy backstory? You're insane. Gaara's backstory is one of the best in the series.

Granted, it's one we've seen before, but it's retold at a different angle which gives it a completely different context.

This was a great episode. I love Gaara as a character, and this is probably the climax of his entire character arc.

Kraco
Thu, 01-24-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't think the commander of the main army should be crying so readily in front of his troops, but at least he made short work of most of the zombies.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 01-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Cheezy backstory? You're insane. Gaara's backstory is one of the best in the series.

Granted, it's one we've seen before, but it's retold at a different angle which gives it a completely different context.

This was a great episode. I love Gaara as a character, and this is probably the climax of his entire character arc.

Past tense is what I'm looking for here. Gaara was a great character until shurimi-swirl came along and turned him into the carebear he is today. I'll give you the differentiating aspect on the whole backstory but it's shown in a manner it isn't touching or moving. Though what dad had to say seemed legit. The rest was excessive emo imo.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Past tense is what I'm looking for here. Gaara was a great character until shurimi-swirl came along and turned him into the carebear he is today.I guess. Most people call that character development.

at least he made short work of most of the zombies.He only really sealed his father. I'm sure the others will get out of Gaara's sand. We haven't even seen their attacks yet.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-25-2013, 10:43 AM

+1

I'll give you the differentiating aspect on the whole backstory but it's shown in a manner it isn't touching or moving.

I nearly cried (60-70% till threshold). By definition, I can't agree with you.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
I nearly cried (60-70% till threshold).I may have misted up slightly...

I think it had been mentioned once about Gaara's sentient sand actually being his mother's love or something, but I assumed at the time that the character was just being poetic. As it was explained as being Shukaku a lot more than once.

The revelation that it really was his mother really got to me.

David75
Sat, 01-26-2013, 02:27 AM
Most of the scenes had already been shown, at least most of the past ones. It was just a different cut/narration and music.

I know just because I had to marathon all naruto eps last year...

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-26-2013, 03:31 AM
It was just a different cut/narration and music.And context.