PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 696

Marik
Wed, 01-23-2013, 03:06 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/696)

Assertn
Wed, 01-23-2013, 04:13 AM
Translation seems a little sketchy. How did Kinemon return to one piece again? And Luffy was the one saying to target Shanks first??

Archangel
Wed, 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/75355832/20

Hmmm... i seem to recall some bitches going on about how Luffy would NEVER go up against Shanks.

Are said bitches still present for further discussion?

Assertn
Wed, 01-23-2013, 02:12 PM

Hmmm... i seem to recall some bitches going on about how Luffy would NEVER go up against Shanks.

On that same note, I also don't seem to recall anybody stepping up and arguing otherwise.
However, Luffy did say something along the lines of "it depends on the target" when Law first proposed the alliance.

Carnage
Wed, 01-23-2013, 02:39 PM

That was so long ago you're going to have to remind us who said that. This arc has taken ages.

Archangel
Wed, 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM
That would make absolutely no sense. I'm pretty sure the main reason Luffy even asked Law which yonkou was because Shanks would've been the dealbreaker.

Im 90% positive that you are trolling.

Sup bitches?

On that same note, I also don't seem to recall anybody stepping up and arguing otherwise.
However, Luffy did say something along the lines of "it depends on the target" when Law first proposed the alliance.
Nope, he never said that. I asked simply because he was curious.

unandpw
Wed, 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Luffy's not going to fight Shanks. Blackbeard will kill him, and Luffy will take revenge.

Carnage
Wed, 01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
From the Chapter 668 thread you were referring to:

The yonkou in question is totally Shanks, why else would Oda create suspense around it?

I love the direction the plot is moving towards, really looking forward to the next couple of chapters.

It turns out Law was in fact referring to Kaidou, and not shanks. It seems you were wrong as well.

Archangel
Wed, 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM
So i can't read the future. I can however read the characters, more so than the two of you at least. You completely misconstrued Luffy's feelings for Shanks.

Assertn
Wed, 01-23-2013, 08:12 PM
So i can't read the future. I can however read the characters, more so than the two of you at least. You completely misconstrued Luffy's feelings for Shanks.

Of course Luffy is going to have a rivalry with Shanks. It's no different than his rivalry with Coby, or Shanks's rivalry with Mihawk. I was just skeptical about Luffy consorting with Law on a plan to sabotage him.

Carnage
Wed, 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM

In chapter 668 Assertn and I were doubtful that Luffy would particularly care to oust shanks out of all the yonkou. This didn't turn out to be the case, whereas he has no preference because he simply wants to become #1. Had you been right, Luffy would explicitly be chasing after Shanks, which isn't the case.

So no, you can't read characters better.

toonice714
Wed, 01-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Whatever....I wonder why they call him one hundred beast kaido. I bet when they return kinemon and momonosuke to their island it will be under control of big mom. They are so up at arms to eat food presented to them. I mean it could mean other entities but there are already plenty of characters in one piece, there no need to add any more

Tofu #2
Thu, 01-24-2013, 03:00 AM
Whatever....I wonder why they call him one hundred beast kaido.

UHH did you already forget things revealed (probably) 1 month ago?