PDA

View Full Version : Goku vs Superman

Archangel
Fri, 01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

Even using the least amount of assumption possible there's still so much of it that it's funny.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-12-2013, 10:46 AM
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

Even using the least amount of assumption possible there's still so much of it that it's funny.

I knew Superman would win. His over-powered-ness is why I never liked him in the first place.

Animeniax
Sat, 01-12-2013, 11:12 AM
I knew Superman would win. His over-powered-ness is why I never liked him in the first place.

I think they're under-estimating Goku's abilities in this video. He has superior energy weapons while Super-man only has heat vision. He also has the Hulk-like ability to increase his power (Kaio-ken, spirit bomb, super saiyan), which Super-man can only get from exposure to a yellow sun. Writers have also taken a lot of liberties in expanding Super-man's powers over the years. Plus Goku is a martial artist, where Super-man is just a brawler. Super-man has some very specific weaknesses that can be exploited, such as his need for the sun's rays and weakness to kryptonite, weaknesses that Goku doesn't suffer from, though Goku can weaken through power use.

edit: favorite move of the fight starts @21:35.

Archangel
Sat, 01-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Their point however is that Goku would never exploit those weaknesses in the first place.

Animeniax
Sat, 01-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Their point however is that Goku would never exploit those weaknesses in the first place.

True, but they also mention how Goku isn't clever/intelligent enough to realize they are weaknesses to be exploited. Yet he easily discerns the source of Superman's weaknesses in this video, which contradicts this.

David75
Sat, 01-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Goku knows death, does come back from it multiple times.
Superman doesn't know death, with no experience in the matter, he would clearly be at a disadvantage in a deathbattle...

Xelbair
Sat, 01-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Well he would have to fight Goku multiple times due to resurrections, but Superman would win.(i still dislike Superman)

Death BOO Z
Sun, 01-20-2013, 09:31 AM
superman will indeed triumph over goku. won't be a pretty win, just Supes taking tons of beatings and then standing up. superman won't stay down and won't die.

although, if superman isn't superimunne to energy blasts, then Goku will go all episode 164 (or something) on him. that will win him at least a few months while Supes is hanging out in space, soaking up suneregy. he sucks.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-20-2013, 10:43 AM
What if Goku destroyed the sun? That would spell doom for Superman.

David75
Sun, 01-20-2013, 11:18 AM

Or he could teleport superman and himself to a place with no yellow sunlight...
Or worse, find a planetary system with a star similar to kryton's, making superman your average human

Abdula
Sun, 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM

Or he could teleport superman and himself to a place with no yellow sunlight...
Or worse, find a planetary system with a star similar to kryton's, making superman your average human
If he were not Goku. This is Goku, come on.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah they did mention that in the video. Goku wouldn't look for an advantage, he'd want to fight Superman at his strongest as the ultimate test of ability. Maybe if Superman posed a risk to the Earth, then Goku would look to stop him no matter what, including destroying the sun or teleporting them to a system with no yellow sun like DBZ suggested.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Destroying the sun was covered in the video, it'd swallow the Earth. Teleportation was also covered, where a red star reduces Superman's power, but a blue one increases it. Goku didn't seem like someone who knows stars all too well.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm thinking Bulma would probably start up a chat with Batman or star labs to get some information on superman and relay that to Goku. Information he'd promptly file away and ignore, specially since he started the fight for no other reason than to test his strength. Goku's interpretation of what a fair fight is, has always been absurd.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 01-20-2013, 08:52 PM
If we're going to take into account other characters then we can safely say Batman would have found a way to effectively disable the both of them before this fight ever got started.

darkshadow
Sun, 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM
The entire point of death battle is that the characters don't know each other and have no time to prepare/research, and in the end one of them has to die; this entire talk about "yeah but what if" is pointless.

Animeniax
Mon, 01-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Yes but the entire battle is conjecture so "yeah but what if" is as worthy of discussion as anything on this forum. If you don't want to discuss it, then see your way out of this thread.

@Dark Dragon: Goku doesn't really have specific weaknesses the way Superman does, so it would be hard/impossible for Batman to create a technological method to defeat Goku.

I think the biggest travesty of all this is that Goku's character development has been fairly limited over time as far as his abilities. Meanwhile with each new generation of comic writers, Superman has changed and gained new powers and abilities. A new writer for a new DB series could easily grant Goku some new previously unknown abilities that would trump Superman's powers.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 01-21-2013, 04:28 AM
goku does have the tail thing. although he doesn't have a tail anymore, any any saiyan worth his golden hair would have trained to remove the weakness, it might be related to a cluster of nerves that for some reason, take precedence over other feelings.
maybe batman can create a sonic device that targets that cluster and gets the same effect.

other weaknesses? Goku's somewhat human, so he needs to eat (a lot), sleep (plenty) and gets tired during fights. he (and vegeta) could hardly fight five minutes against kid buu at their outmost power, so even with an escalating battle (as shown in the video), I doubt goku could fight more than two to three hours (considering he and vegeta said that the thirty minutes they were to be allowed in the tournament is just going to be warmup).

Goku's only advantage is that he has higher energy output (kamehameha wave), relatively. I mean: superman's' fists are stronger than his eyebeams. Goku's wave is stronger than his fists.

Edort4
Mon, 01-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Goku always breached new barriers of power levels while doing deathmtach battles. His body learns by fighting and gets enhanced. Even during the battles he could lvl up considerably. Anyways even if they want to give Superman the win, Goku would comeback twice stronger after each defeat. I could only see him loosing to Superman 1 or 2 times. After that he would be super sayan lvl 99.

Not being too serious here. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents.

TwisT
Mon, 01-21-2013, 10:54 AM
I haven't watched the movie yet but i don't really see how Superman can win against Goku if he went all in. If Superman let Goku alone for just a few seconds he could do what he did to Cell during the Cell games where he loaded a Kamehameha and used instant transmission to fire it point blank. And i don't think Superman is that much faster then Cell was. Also if i remember correctly in some fights (i think in Goku vs Vegita during Majin Buu saga), blocked punches create shockwaves so big they destroy mountains. And it's also a question of how far into Dragonball we should count Goku's power. During Majin Buu saga he used SS3 and during DBGT he used SS4.

I will watch the video later when i get some time and see if I've learned something new since i'm not to familiar with Superman's full strength from the comics.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 01-21-2013, 11:10 AM
A new writer for a new DB series could easily grant Goku some new previously unknown abilities that would trump Superman's powers.

Lets hope it doesn't get to that point, because superman as he is now is a bit absurd, let alone as he was originally. Besides, the only real power increase that would be necessary for Goku to stand a chance at winning would be for Goku to be less dumb, or less insistent on fighting people at their full power. He did after all figure out that superman's power comes from the sun. Instant transmission is as OP as anything else. I don't even think he'd even have to move the fight away from planet earth. In the scenario they presented, it would've been sufficient to just use instant transmission to intercept superman as he tried move the fight above the cloud cover.

Goku doesn't really have specific weaknesses the way Superman does, so it would be hard/impossible for Batman to create a technological method to defeat Goku.

It's true, so he'd resort to psychological ones like deception or distraction. Goku is notoriously weak against those.

Carnage
Mon, 01-21-2013, 09:33 PM
This entire discussion is ridiculous.

Goku can overcome anything with a training arc.

Anything.

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Goku would absolutelly destroy superman.

Animeniax
Tue, 01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Seeing as Goku can die and return from the dead, and Superman can go into stasis and revive himself with the power of the sun, it would be a perpetual battle that would probably never end. It would just take a long long long time to resolve itself, kind of like the Freeza saga.

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
To win a fight you don`t have to kill the enemy, if goku punches a hole through supes` heart, he won`t come back, regardless, goku can win with one hand, no need to go super saiyan.

Animeniax
Tue, 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
To win a fight you don`t have to kill the enemy, if goku punches a hole through supes` heart, he won`t come back, regardless, goku can win with one hand, no need to go super saiyan.

Have you watched the video? Apparently Goku doesn't have the power to punch a hole through Superman's heart. Superman's dense bio-molecular structure protects him from such an attack.

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM
I haven`t seen it, Superman`s abilities change every year or so because of different writers, most would agree he can`t do such a thing however. The most recent version, (new52 Superman), simply doesn`t has that.

I guess i should explain my point of view then, consider Goku when he fought Vegeta for the first time, Vegeta was angry because Goku`s power level was over 9k (inb4 what!? 9000!?), it`s fair to say that Goku and Vegeta were about even that fight, if I recall correctly, Vegeat tried to destroy earth in a desperate attack, so to destroy planet earth you need a power level of about 9k, now fast foward to Freeza`s saga, it was clearly stated that Freeza`s power level was above 1 million, so it`s safe to assume Goku`s own power level was above 1 million as well, remember, to destroy earth you need about 9k, and Goku has well over a million during Freeza`s saga. Meanwhile, Superman got knocked unconscious by a train in action comics 001... a train, strenghtwise, superman is an ant.

Carnage
Tue, 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Comparing characters from two different stories is retarded. A character is as strong as the author needs him to be. The people who made the video seemingly suck at understanding limits because even though superman has none, goku's ability to surpass any limit means his powers are limitless as well. Its essentially up to whether each author is willing to write a more ridiculous power for his protagonist.

In which case I would put my money on Toriyama, because he just really doesn't give a shit.

Edit: Uchessmaster, Goku's power level was around 32,000 during the saiyan arc. It was unclear whether Vegeta meant he would damage the planet, or destroy it. Either way, Toriyama revealed that Goku's power level eventually reaches ~32 billion by the Buu saga. But this is irrelevant, as per my argument above.

Archangel
Tue, 01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
I haven`t seen it, Superman`s abilities change every year or so because of different writers, most would agree he can`t do such a thing however. The most recent version, (new52 Superman), simply doesn`t has that.

I guess i should explain my point of view then, consider Goku when he fought Vegeta for the first time, Vegeta was angry because Goku`s power level was over 9k (inb4 what!? 9000!?), it`s fair to say that Goku and Vegeta were about even that fight, if I recall correctly, Vegeat tried to destroy earth in a desperate attack, so to destroy planet earth you need a power level of about 9k, now fast foward to Freeza`s saga, it was clearly stated that Freeza`s power level was above 1 million, so it`s safe to assume Goku`s own power level was above 1 million as well, remember, to destroy earth you need about 9k, and Goku has well over a million during Freeza`s saga. Meanwhile, Superman got knocked unconscious by a train in action comics 001... a train, strenghtwise, superman is an ant.

Jesus Chirst there's so much wrong in that post that i don't even know where to begin.

So i won't.

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Jesus Chirst there's so much wrong in that post that i don't even know where to begin.

Try the beginning.

So i won`t

Ok then, while you keep on thinking of nothing to say, i`ll just post this here.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2qmnqdw.jpg

Edit: Uchessmaster, Goku's power level was around 32,000 during the saiyan arc. It was unclear whether Vegeta meant he would damage the planet, or destroy it. Either way, Toriyama revealed that Goku's power level eventually reaches ~32 billion by the Buu saga. But this is irrelevant, as per my argument above.

My point kinda still stands though, Goku is MORE than capable of destroying planets, meanwhile, trains > supes.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 01-22-2013, 10:18 PM
That was funny to watch. Their powers cannot be measured but they measure them anyway. If you take all their learned powers over the decades, Superman does have the upperhand in any fight. Wasn't Superman only able to jump in the first comic superman appeared in?

Animeniax
Tue, 01-22-2013, 11:14 PM
You can't really say Superman "learned" his powers, the writers just gave him new powers that are a natural consequence of his being in a solar system with a yellow sun. Goku on the other hand had training and instruction from different masters to learn his techniques. As was said, Goku's official story ended with DB GT (as far as I know), meanwhile Superman is continually evolving and gaining new powers as a comic character that gets new writers every few years.

Paper
Wed, 01-23-2013, 12:30 AM
Goku hands down would win the fight against Superman. Superman weakness is magic and krypt... Goku weakness....none. Superman is not a push over since he can move at Godlike speed.reverse time, freeze, shoot lasers, juggle tanks, get revive from death from the sun... That being said Goku can easily destroy the sun... theoretically speaking if piccolo can blow up the moon "understanding it being very small in mass compare to the sun" he did it at a very low level power in the beginning... Goku at his final stage "was that guy" he can destroy anything...superman is only brute strength were Goku have martial arts, dragon flame shit, (forgot the name),kamehame wave, spirit bomb, solar flare,tri technique, kaio ken, super saiyan levels... Goku would win in the long run... question is could Goku breathe in space? not sure if anyone mention it earlier...Couldn't say i recall anything were Goku was in space without a space suit which doesn't matter really cause Goku can teleport anywhere he wants :), he even teleport to save his son while he was dead.... now that is very Gangsta. I apologize for the horrible grammar had some nyquil earlier and some muscles relaxes sprain the shit out of my leg in pain

TwisT
Wed, 01-23-2013, 12:39 AM
I watched the clip and i guess comic Superman is much stronger then the movies or cartoons that i have seen. I still find it funny that Superman gets beaten up by Doomsday if he has this kind of strength. By just rotating his body to face Doomsday he should create a force strong enough to disintegrate Doomsday instantly.

The problem here is what Animeniax brings up. DB was around for 10(?) years or so before it was ended. Superman is called the worlds oldest Superhero since he was brought to life in the 30's. Thats 80 years for them to just continue to upgrade his powers. Powers that he doesn't seem to earn in any way. They did mention that he trained that fighting style of his, but his actual powers just grow by them selfs.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-23-2013, 01:14 AM
That being said Goku can easily destroy the sun

question is could Goku breathe in space?

These were addressed in the video. Goku can't destroy the sun without killing himself, and he can't breath in space.

Regarding the teleport point, Goku needs concentration to do that. I'm not sure he could teleport to safety if the earth blew up in the heat of battle. He couldn't teleport when he was being chased one time.

UChessmaster
Wed, 01-23-2013, 05:43 AM
You can't really say Superman "learned" his powers, the writers just gave him new powers that are a natural consequence of his being in a solar system with a yellow sun. Goku on the other hand had training and instruction from different masters to learn his techniques. As was said, Goku's official story ended with DB GT (as far as I know), meanwhile Superman is continually evolving and gaining new powers as a comic character that gets new writers every few years.

New writers doesn`t means he`ll get stronger, they can also make him weaker.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-23-2013, 07:51 AM
you don't need to be super strong to destroy the sun, Rohsi shot the moon down and he has around 100 (whatever powerlevel measures are called), even considering it was Dragon Ball and not Dragon Ball Z. taking out the sun shouldn't take more than 10000 units of whatever.
still, Superman wins.
supes can survive some minutes without the sun present, and can travel to different solar systems. Goku needs a working eco-system to survive in. goku can theoretically destroy every non red sun and start living there, but it doesn't fit him to do so.

about superman going off the rails after being hit by a train...
a. if he took it at full force, the train would evaporate, killing anyone onboard and go through nuclear fusion.
b. two can play at that game. Goku needed to go supersaiyan to lift a bus at one time (episode 110, probably based on the superhero genre conventions).

Superman wins because he can't lose. Goku loses alot, and that's why he sometimes wins.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-23-2013, 08:26 AM
supes can survive some minutes without the sun present

What happens at night? :S

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-23-2013, 08:43 AM
he has some solar power stored, some reflected by the moon, and some generated by plot.
I meant survive at space without any sun around. and by some minutes I means several months, like the time when doomsday "Killed" him.

TwisT
Wed, 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Last time i heard he still charges from the reflected light of the moon and distant star light, paired with his stored capacity. And if he ever got in a fight where he would drain his power to fast he can always just fly out in space to get a clear line of sight to the sun.

EDIT: DBZ was faster

Animeniax
Wed, 01-23-2013, 11:13 AM
New writers doesn`t means he`ll get stronger, they can also make him weaker.

True, but as far as I've seen, they don't tend to make the hero weaker, they just make new enemies stronger, then the hero even stronger to rise to the occasion.

he has some solar power stored, some reflected by the moon, and some generated by plot.
I meant survive at space without any sun around. and by some minutes I means several months, like the time when doomsday "Killed" him.

What if Goku teleported himself and Superman to one of those empty training voids (I think I recall those from DBZ) where there is no sun? Once Superman's reserves drained, he'd be toast.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
that space was one of a kind, and there's no way to physically enter it now.
and while it's possible for goku to shout as hard as SSJ3 Gotenks or Super Buu and create the space rift necessary, Superman could do the same to escape.
also, we don't know if that way is possible for entry, rather than just exit of the subspace.
third, and most importantly: there is natural light there, otherwise it would be impossible even for normal humans (?) such as Tien to survive there, further more, Piccolo. He seems to some subtype of planet or whatever thing, he can consume food, but mostly needs water and sunlight. and he had no trouble staying there for a year. while pushing himself to the utmost ability.

to conclude, goku can't take them there. if he can, then superman can get out, and if he can't superman isn't weakened there,

UChessmaster
Wed, 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM
b. two can play at that game. Goku needed to go supersaiyan to lift a bus at one time (episode 110, probably based on the superhero genre conventions).

Somehow, this doesn`t seems awfully canon to the manga.

Superman wins because he can't lose. Goku loses alot, and that's why he sometimes wins.

Doomsday, Shazam, Darkseid, anyone in the animated series.

True, but as far as I've seen, they don't tend to make the hero weaker, they just make new enemies stronger, then the hero even stronger to rise to the occasion.

For the record, the current Superman (Grant Morrison`s) is one of the weakest i`ve ever seen, so if you go by the most updated version... he`s still no match.

Animeniax
Wed, 01-23-2013, 02:59 PM
For the record, the current Superman (Grant Morrison`s) is one of the weakest i`ve ever seen, so if you go by the most updated version... he`s still no match.

Leave it to a capable writer like Morrison to rein in Superman's powers. If he's all-powerful and unbeatable, then really what's the point of writing about him? Glad to see there are still legit writers/artists working in comics. Death to the Kuberts.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Freiza was able to destroy Planet Vegeta whilst in his powered down form, way before the reached the power that Goku was matching before he went Super Saiyan. He should be able to destroy stars, hence solar systems, at Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan 2 should have no problem defeating Superman if one doubts SS1. SS3 you could argue should be able to keep up with a solar powered Superman, but not being able to defeat Superman at SS4? Come on that's just nuts.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
We already have a host of non-godlike superheroes led by Spider-Man and Batman already. I just wish they could find a way to balance Superman's powers with the ability to continuously put out compelling stories, while avoiding having him infringe on an already overflowing niche.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Freiza was able to destroy Planet Vegeta whilst in his powered down form, way before the reached the power that Goku was matching before he went Super Saiyan. He should be able to destroy stars, hence solar systems, at Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan 2 should have no problem defeating Superman if one doubts SS1. SS3 you could argue should be able to keep up with a solar powered Superman, but not being able to defeat Superman at SS4? Come on that's just nuts.

Once again, the video covered that they weren't going to base things on power level (because it doesn't measure true strength in the end), and they don't use power scaling (If character X can do this at episode 12, character Y should be able to do this so much better because he's stronger) because abilities are unique.

Whether or not you think that's a valid way to go is up to you though.

But still.. I don't know if you guys watched the video or not since this popped up multiple times.. Destroying the sun would create a supernova that would engulf anything from the Sun up to Mars. That means destroying the Sun destroys Earth

We already have a host of non-godlike superheroes led by Spider-Man and Batman already.

Funny that you mentioned that. I watched the Batman vs Spiderman (http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.screwattack.com%2Fshows%2Fori ginals%2Fdeath-battle%2Fdeath-battle-batman-vs-spider-man&ei=bY0AUbaDNIidiAedkIHABg&usg=AFQjCNFfcHRpCvYqZX68Q9Ynf53YXEw1uA&bvm=bv.41248874,d.aGc) death battle yesterday.

Carnage
Wed, 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Goku can teleport to the afterlife (land of the supreme kais) just like kid buu. There is no sun there as far as I can recall.

Endgame.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
And we're back to the problem of whether Goku would fight an energy-less Superman.

Animeniax
Wed, 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM
But still.. I don't know if you guys watched the video or not since this popped up multiple times.. Destroying the sun would create a supernova that would engulf anything from the Sun up to Mars. That means destroying the Sun destroys Earth Yeah I forgot they mentioned that. Plus destroying the sun would mean the end of life on Earth due to cold even if the supernova didn't destroy it.

Funny that you mentioned that. I watched the Batman vs Spiderman (http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.screwattack.com%2Fshows%2Fori ginals%2Fdeath-battle%2Fdeath-battle-batman-vs-spider-man&ei=bY0AUbaDNIidiAedkIHABg&usg=AFQjCNFfcHRpCvYqZX68Q9Ynf53YXEw1uA&bvm=bv.41248874,d.aGc) death battle yesterday.

These guys' knowledge and bias are questionable with statements like, "Wayne has no exploitable weaknesses."

Another thing I notice is that they tend to take the strongest abilities/characteristics from all the different media (comics, cartoons, and movies) in estimating the hero's abilities. So because the Dark Knight trilogy Batman has a nomex suit that repels gunfire and knife attacks, they ignore that the cartoon and comic Batman didn't wear such a suit.

In cases of contradictions, like Spider-man's production of webbing, they have no rhyme or reason for listing which ability applies.

darkshadow
Thu, 01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/8667/aaaqr.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/704/aaaqr.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/104197/2065589-blocks_machine_gun_fire.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27414/1048546-batarmor_chestshot2_super.jpg

Fucking idiot.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Yeah that looks like canon material. No way were these made after the DK movies. You come skulking back into the thread and that's the best you can offer? Batman wore bullet-resistant suits, but nothing that could take direct shots and just bounce off. And he certainly couldn't just walk through a direct shot to the chest. Kevlar wasn't invented until the 1960s, meanwhile Batman has been around since 1939.

Something racist so you can cry about it.

darkshadow
Thu, 01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Batman started using armour plating around 1993, after bane broke his fucking back; he has also survived being shot in the chest in DKR..1986.

Kill yourself.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Can the flaming. This ain't the pit.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
The point remains, the authors of these mega battles pick and choose facts from different source material without any justification. If it's supposedly a walk-on battle and they have no time to prepare, how would they fare in a fight with their typical loadouts. Yet they gave Batman's armor the specific attributes as they are described in the DK movies, minus the bat target on his chest. Cherry-picking at its finest.

Live in the pain that is your life.

darkshadow
Thu, 01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Cherry-picking at its finest.

Batman started using armour plating around 1993
You said it; maybe I should've elaborated it for your tiny intellect in saying armour plating [to defend against bullets/knifes which later (before batman begins) turned into full fledged kevlar+bulletproof sections], I just assumed you knew, being the batman afficianado that you proofed to be, reading such amazingly written classics as The Cult.

Live in the pain that is your life.

Yes, it's incredibly painful to live a life where your favourite hobby is your job; your insanity has reached the point where your idea of happiness is having your hopes and dreams shot down after brilliantly trying drugs.

Seriously, you are better of killing yourself.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM
You said it; maybe I should've elaborated it for your tiny intellect in saying armour plating [to defend against bullets/knifes which later (before batman begins) turned into full fledged kevlar+bulletproof sections], I just assumed you knew, being the batman afficianado that you proofed to be, reading such amazingly written classics as The Cult.

Yes, it's incredibly painful to live a life where your favourite hobby is your job; your insanity has reached the point where your idea of happiness is having your hopes and dreams shot down after brilliantly trying drugs.

Seriously, you are better of killing yourself.
The point was how the authors selectively decide which powers a hero possesses. Sorry you're hung up on trifles.

Yes, falling into the one thing you do in life is everyone's dream. What will you do in a few years when you're sick of the game industry and have no other skills beyond playing video games? And if you were so happy with life, why are you such a dick all the time and to everyone? Case closed.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 01-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Uhh didn't anyone see the filler episode where Goku did a Kamehamehax20 in to a star? It went through and out the other side. I am sure same thing would happen again in Super Saiyan 4 stage.

darkshadow
Thu, 01-24-2013, 06:27 PM
The point was how the authors selectively decide which powers a hero possesses. Sorry you're hung up on trifles.

Yes, falling into the one thing you do in life is everyone's dream. What will you do in a few years when you're sick of the game industry and have no other skills beyond playing video games? And if you were so happy with life, why are you such a dick all the time and to everyone? Case closed.

The point was you yet again randomly pulling shit out your ass and treating it as fact, everything beyond that has been you, as Ryll has put it so nicely so many times, you just trying (and failing) to save face. Or in other words, I corrected your bs information and you didn't like it ;[.

And I'm a dick to you cause you are a racist waste of life for whom I'd shed no tears if you died in a ditch tomorrow.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM
The point was you yet again randomly pulling shit out your ass and treating it as fact, everything beyond that has been you, as Ryll has put it so nicely so many times, you just trying (and failing) to save face. Or in other words, I corrected your bs information and you didn't like it ;[.

And I'm a dick to you cause you are a racist waste of life for whom I'd shed no tears if you died in a ditch tomorrow.

Saving face? That's racist anti-Asian bs right there. I made my point, you decide to rebut one of the meaningless details even though the main point stands. Plus you do it in the most dickheaded way possible, so who's going to take you seriously or care what you have to say?

You're a dick to pretty much everyone, you've even admitted to this. I'd prefer you keep living in misery so I can frustrate you some more.

Uhh didn't anyone see the filler episode where Goku did a Kamehamehax20 in to a star? It went through and out the other side. I am sure same thing would happen again in Super Saiyan 4 stage.
Can we treat filler as canon? I'm no quantum physicist, but I don't think shooting a beam of light energy through a solid mass would just let the energy pass through.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Ani, you make statements about comics blatantly riddled with falsehoods all the time (because clearly all of your "knowledge" is based off of 90s American cartoon versions of the various franchises) then quibble over minutiae in a pathetic attempt to save face once you are definitively proven wrong. Frequently by a comic page (the actual canon), or several. Most of my Marvel/DC basic knowledge comes from those same 90s versions, but the key difference is that I don't pretend that I know all about comics and present them as facts and proof.

Just stop.

Also, no "racism" involved, though you are certainly attempting to drag this entire discussion down to your usual level of sniping attacks consisting largely of thinly-veiled racist comments.
Since when is a statement that you're trying (and failing) to save face a racist comment? Everyone does that, race isn't relevant. Claiming that it is "anti-Asian" is stereotyping and actually racist.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah I've admitted it's been a while since I've read comics, so some details are fuzzy. I've also admitted to typing off the cuff, and not taking anything too seriously when I post. But again, my main point is about the super fights and how the authors choose which abilities and attributes to provide the combatants. Some errors in the details don't disprove this. You try to make it sound like I purposefully lie or state false info, which is ridiculous. I could fact-check but really who gives a shit, this isn't national politics.

It's not about "saving face" as I could care less about how you people see me, particularly since this is an online forum and we're all anonymous. If that isn't evident, I'll try harder to make that clear. I take criticism just fine, but I don't like assholes like you or ds who nitpick and correct, then add in digs or smartass comments.

Let's get back on topic, this thread rules.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM
It's not about "saving face" as I could care less about how you people see me, particularly since this is an online forum and we're all anonymous. If that isn't evident, I'll try harder to make that clear. I take criticism just fine, but I don't like assholes like you or ds who nitpick and correct, then add in digs or smartass comments.
If this were true, you'd admit you were wrong after the first post you were called out as being wrong. Except you never do.

And you definitely don't.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-24-2013, 08:30 PM
I've admitted I'm wrong plenty of times. Like I said, it's not about saving face, it's about addressing whatever snarky comment or smartass remark you include with your correction.

Archangel
Thu, 01-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Seeing as this apparently my thread, do i have the right to delete it? This shit's awful.

Y
Thu, 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Goku completely chumps Superman.

EDIT:

Yeesh this thread is atrocious.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-24-2013, 11:42 PM
Seeing as this apparently my thread, do i have the right to delete it? This shit's awful.

It was a good thread until ds made his appearance. Then the place went to shit.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 01-25-2013, 01:15 AM
Aside from what you believe if a Pulsar shot a beam of energy at our Sun, our Sun would not explode. That's gotta be on the scale of Goku's Kamehameha or more. Even if he did shoot at a star, I honestly don't think he would destroy a star simply for the fact the fusion process is out putting Trillions of Tons of massive energy every second due to the nuclear fusion taking place inside our sun. So... Ya... Sun wins. :P

Animeniax
Fri, 01-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Aside from what you believe if a Pulsar shot a beam of energy at our Sun, our Sun would not explode. That's gotta be on the scale of Goku's Kamehameha or more. Even if he did shoot at a star, I honestly don't think he would destroy a star simply for the fact the fusion process is out putting Trillions of Tons of massive energy every second due to the nuclear fusion taking place inside our sun. So... Ya... Sun wins. :P

I don't know how the sun would react to such an influx of energy, but I wouldn't guess that it would simply let the energy pass through it. Like you said, the sun produces a massive amount of energy so maybe it would repel the blast or absorb it. A pulsar beam probably doesn't produce the same type of energy as that found in a kamehameha wave or even a gallett gun shot. Regardless, as has been discussed, destroying the sun would not be an option as it would mean the destruction of the earth as well.

Another question would be, minus the sun, would Superman's reserve of stored energy last as long as Goku's energy reserves? If Goku used up a lot of energy fighting Superman before deciding to remove the sun (or transport them to a place with no yellow sun), Superman would still probably have the energy to defeat a depleted Goku.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Another question would be, minus the sun, would Superman's reserve of stored energy last as long as Goku's energy reserves? If Goku used up a lot of energy fighting Superman before deciding to remove the sun (or transport them to a place with no yellow sun), Superman would still probably have the energy to defeat a depleted Goku.

Depends on his sensu-beans and spirit bomb gathering.

Planets without a sun are pretty damn cold. I'm not sure Goku would be able to fight or function in a place like that.

Carnage
Fri, 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM

Planets without a sun are pretty damn cold. I'm not sure Goku would be able to fight or function in a place like that.

Youre forgetting the afterlife/underworld possibility. Goku can easily teleport to an area with no sun. And if Goku isn't willing to fight a defenseless Superman, then I doubt Superman wouldn't at least allow Goku a training arc.

Animeniax
Fri, 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM

I think Superman would laser vision the bag of sensu beans as soon as he realized what they were for. And no way does he let Goku get enough time to gather energy for a spirit bomb.

Youre forgetting the afterlife/underworld possibility. Goku can easily teleport to an area with no sun. And if Goku isn't willing to fight a defenseless Superman, then I doubt Superman wouldn't at least allow Goku a training arc.
Goku would have to flee or die before he could get that training arc. Superman doesn't share Goku's weakness for wanting a fair fight or a true test of ability. He'd just want to save the world from a potential alien threat.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I wonder why they have to factor in the personality of those involved. Can't it be a mere test of potential without all that drama?

Carnage
Fri, 01-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Goku would have to flee or die before he could get that training arc. Superman doesn't share Goku's weakness for wanting a fair fight or a true test of ability. He'd just want to save the world from a potential alien threat.

By the same token, it would be out of Superman's character to treat him like a villain.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
spirit bomb goes out the window, as it's unable to hurt superman (being pure of heart and everything else). I don't consider the possibility of taking inside the energy of the spirit bomb, I don't consider it canon to dragon ball.

Animeniax
Fri, 01-25-2013, 08:07 PM
By the same token, it would be out of Superman's character to treat him like a villain.

Maybe if (pre-non-American citizen) Superman was commanded by the US President to deal with what the leadership considered a potential alien threat in Goku, then Superman would have to fight him. Or we could remove all those variables and just say this is a tournament style fight.

I wonder why they have to factor in the personality of those involved. Can't it be a mere test of potential without all that drama?
Their personality plays a big part in their fighting ability. You can have all the power in the universe, but without the right mindset to use it (and all the ways to use it to your advantage), it's meaningless. I watch a lot of pro fighting, and the lack of killer instinct and heart is what separates the pretenders from the champions.

spirit bomb goes out the window, as it's unable to hurt superman (being pure of heart and everything else). I don't consider the possibility of taking inside the energy of the spirit bomb, I don't consider it canon to dragon ball.That's one of those details I forgot about. The spirit bomb only works against evil (I'm reading up on this to be sure).

edit: the Dragonball wiki is slightly contradictory about the spirit bomb:

one must have a pure heart so they can manipulate and gather energy, otherwise the move can backfire and possibly hurt or kill the user. Likewise, once a Spirit Bomb has been fired, it is possible for one with a pure heart to deflect the technique, as Goku clarifies to Gohan and Krillin. However, it should be noted that although a person can be pure good or pure evil of heart, a Spirit Bomb created by a pure good person can not be deflected by a pure evil person, as the two opposite energies cancel each other out and one engulfs the other. This is shown when Frieza (a being of pure evil) is not able to deflect the Spirit Bomb, although being able to survive it through brute endurance. However, the Spirit Bomb is capable of harming anyone, regardless of morality.

rockmanj
Fri, 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
I doutb Goku would have the time to make a spirit bomb, but I think he could take Superman out at SSJ full power, maybe level 2. I feel Goku would be more skilled and is known as a fighting genius. Also, goku seems to have as many limits as he needs.

I wonder how mystic Gohan would fare.

Carnage
Fri, 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Actually, a better question would be Buu. He's made of magic, so its likely his candy/absorption techniques would work on superman. And it seems like physical attacks dont work on him, it takes a requisite amount of Chi.

rockmanj
Fri, 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Actually, a better question would be Buu. He's made of magic, so its likely his candy/absorption techniques would work on superman. And it seems like physical attacks dont work on him, it takes a requisite amount of Chi.

Which Buu? I think Super and Kid would probably mop the floor with Superman (now that I think about it, fat Buu as well, since he would probably piss Superman off and thrown him off balance). The thing is, if Buu absorbs Superman (no sunlight in his body!), would he be able to pull a Vegetto and get out of Buu's body, or would Buu just beat him to death?

Carnage
Fri, 01-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Which Buu? I think Super and Kid would probably mop the floor with Superman (now that I think about it, fat Buu as well, since he would probably piss Superman off and thrown him off balance). The thing is, if Buu absorbs Superman (no sunlight in his body!), would he be able to pull a Vegetto and get out of Buu's body, or would Buu just beat him to death?

Magic is a weakness of superman (unless they retconned that), and Vegetto used a Chi forcefield which I doubt is one of his abilities. So Im going to guess that he would straight up become absorbed.

rockmanj
Fri, 01-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Magic is a weakness of superman (unless they retconned that), and Vegetto used a Chi forcefield which I doubt is one of his abilities. So Im going to guess that he would straight up become absorbed.

Yea, that is a weakness, and I am not sure if the bio-electric forcefield that Supes had would function in the same way.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM
It's up to the persons imagination on who can win. Lets leave it at that. :P