PDA

View Full Version : Episode 60 discussion thread

SirCharlesIII
Mon, 12-01-2003, 03:59 AM
basicly i noticed five things:

1. well! i must say some action is very refreshing to see finally. those filler episodes were killing me.

2. Neji is a complete badass, as far as i can tell http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif im not so sure naruto is gonna do quite as hot as some people seemed to think http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif course, its only just begun, as naruto said...

3. this episode pissed me off to no end. i remember watching dbz on good ole toonami, and basicly being turned off by the infamous "sinister brooding music accompaining supposedly suspenseful shots of trees" scenes, i sincerily hope i wont remember being turned off naruto due to infamous scenes of "sinister brooding music accompaining supposedly suspenseful shots of drops of sweat". seriously, after so much filler material, to include that ridiculous showdown section was awful. i dont want to have to put up with that crap anymore. no more pointless scenes!

4. animation was pretty good i thought, the grass at the end was amazing.

5. i want to see 61 already.

TheAwesomeChow
Mon, 12-01-2003, 04:14 AM
I have to agree, that staring down bit was a bit painful for me to watch. I really felt it was pointless, we already understand the tension between neji and naruto and did not need any further emphasis with a 5 minute stare-down. But that grass at the end kicked ass, I wish they paid as much attention to the actual animation of the characters sometimes as they did to this grass. I'm getting a bit tired of watching the forbidden jutsu "kage-bunshin" get its ass beat with such regularity, the characters sometimes to seem to have more trouble fighting one naruto than fighting 4 of them.

SeGee
Mon, 12-01-2003, 04:52 AM
Well, then lets hope he'll use his summon frog tecnique. However I likeds narutos fighting in the beginning. The stunts were great, and he isnt clumsy anymore

RaZzy
Mon, 12-01-2003, 05:02 AM
stop comparing it with dbz.. like i already said somewhere, you can compare any anime with something if you look at it your way.. hey if you know dbz that well..you probably watched it and liked it.
Anyways i think the episode was ok after all.. i saw the subbed yesterday and it was ok
the animation was good but i dont get why you liked the grass that much, it didn't look great in 3d..
Too bad about the slow motion parts, a bit is allowed but not alot :/
overall rating: 6/10

StAn|SeRv
Mon, 12-01-2003, 05:06 AM
i hope naruto will save the summon technique to the last match...that will be more interesting...
i fell that naruto 60 is a little bit dragging... loads of histories but the fighting moves are awesome http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif

Kakashi-Senpai
Mon, 12-01-2003, 05:34 AM
I can't believe you guys are complaining that the episode is not so good. Its one of the best. The building up of suspends and the fighting style. Just be patient and don't rush it. My favourite scene is the ending where the episode ended with kage-bunshin and millions if naruto clones appeared.

Xollence
Mon, 12-01-2003, 05:42 AM
It's kind of like DBZ, too much talk, not enough fight.

SeGee
Mon, 12-01-2003, 05:54 AM
I agree it was a very good episode... I actualyl dont see either what was wrong with it..

Luchio
Mon, 12-01-2003, 05:56 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkPotHead @ Dec 1 2003, 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I havent read the manga but from the way i saw the preview, i think that this fight id gonna drag out for 3 episodes because i didnt see the frog in the previews and neji seems impervious to kage bunshin&#39;s attack... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Personnally I think Naruto will save his frog jutsu for his next fight, because he doesn&#39;t want to show all his moves in his first combat. Plus, he would benefit from the surprise factor.

How could he impress the crowd in his (presumed) next fight if he has no moves left?

PuppetMaster Kankuro
Mon, 12-01-2003, 06:12 AM
I don&#39;t think Naruto will use the frog. He&#39;ll save one of his best moves for his fight against either Sasuke or Gaara. Beating Neji will be tough for him by just using Kage Bunshin, i don&#39;t see how he&#39;s gonna pull it off. I think this fight may take a little longer than some other&#39;s because they will show Neji flashbacks sometime, it&#39;s a near guarentee. We&#39;ll find out what&#39;s made him such an asshole. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Legendary Nin
Mon, 12-01-2003, 06:29 AM
I wanna see the Nine Tails,show the kyuubi.This episode was dragged out,and the next one will be too.The real action will be 62,from the previews of 61,it looks almost as bad as 60.

Assassin
Mon, 12-01-2003, 06:32 AM
the ep was good no doubt, but i think alot of ppl feel cheated out of thier weekly dose of naruto http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif.....after suffering thru the prelims and filler eps, most of us wanna c some kickass fights, not drops of sweat.

also, i agree about the kagebunshin bieng defeated so easily. everyone seems surprised that naruto can use it since its a &quot;jounin&quot; level move, but every god damn ninja in the village can defeat it. and its not like naruto&#39;s the weakling he used to be, so it shouldn&#39;t suck that much. anyway, thats just what i think.

i dont remember what grass u guys are talking about, but then i saw the ep last thursday, and it was 4 in the morning......well only a few more days till the next one comes out. hopefully it wont disappoint (as much)......im almost tempted to start reading the manga

Phainein Terra
Mon, 12-01-2003, 06:46 AM
Funny you should bring up DBZ. I used to belong to a DBZ hub on the DC++ Network... Me and mah hubby were watching it and suddenly he bust out with, &quot;ON THE NEXT, DRAG&#39;N BALLL ZZZZZZZZ&quot;. We both laughed and pointed out the comparison in the middle of the episode...

Anyway, Naruto&#39;s not nearly as bad as DBZ, but sometimes they&#39;re allowed slightly overly long dramatism.

We feel cheated out of our Naruto because the show seems to build Naruto up alot while letting us down in actual confrontations. The writer is to blame for that.

Just remember that Naruto is half a comedy, and a story about the growing pains of ninja-in-training, not about Naruto&#39;s ability to kick everyone&#39;s ass. That&#39;s why some episodes center so much on other ninja. Naruto is the main character, but there are many other important characters with important stories to tell.

Oh yes, and one more point. About Naruto&#39;s Kage No Bunshin seeming to be beaten by everyone; I seem to remember it being truly beaten by Zabuza, the Closet Pervert, and Neji (who is considered the previous year&#39;s strongest Gennin and a Genius Ninja himself). Correct me if I&#39;m wrong -- it&#39;s very late right now. But I&#39;d also like to point out that a sword in the hand of a child is not nearly as dangerous as a sword in the hand of a trained fighter. Naruto doesn&#39;t have the experience it takes to use his Kage No Bunshin to its maximum potential. Every Master has pointed out to Naruto that his Chakra control lacks compared to Sakura, who is basically the weakest ninja of Kakashi&#39;s team, (maybe even out of all the Gennins). No doubt, even if he creates a hundred replicas, he wouldn&#39;t be very good at regulating them.

Krbadass
Mon, 12-01-2003, 07:05 AM
Naruto will definatly use the frog, oh and Villin, have fun on your 5 day vacation, thats the 3rd time you&#39;ve talked about the manga when warned not to, not to mention 2 spoilers.

Anyways.Kage bunshin doesn&#39;t take that much chakra i dont think because he does it easily, its just molding the chakra and being able to perform the jutsu thats hard, but it might take a lot, but we&#39;ve seen that can he can do many times without getting tired..

Serpico
Mon, 12-01-2003, 07:09 AM
the first time I watched this episode, the staring down, and music that went on for like 3 minutes really pissed me off. But the second time I watched it I was able to enjoy it more since I wasnt wondering when the hell they were going to start fighting already.

Naruto&#39;s move&#39;s were kind of cool as well, his Taijutsu is kind of sloppy but very cool in its own way. I think as a whole the fight will be good but just as a single episode this was slightly an annoying one.

Green-slime
Mon, 12-01-2003, 07:58 AM
The reason every one can beat naruto&#39;s clones so easy,is simply becase each one is 1/10 of naurto and as we have seen naurto has poor to average fighting skills.

Another thing havent most of the people to recognize kage bunshin, all Jonin level and or the best in the ninja academy(neji- Sasuke)

Krbadass
Mon, 12-01-2003, 08:09 AM
No your thinking of water clones, shadow clones are equal to the strength, or really close.

Green-slime
Mon, 12-01-2003, 08:18 AM
Hmmmm In that ep vs Zabuza dint they Imply that shadow clones and water clones were about the same with what kakashi said ? When he was thinking about helping naurto and sauske did he not say that if he shadow clones that zabuza would water clone, therefor implying that they were the same strength.

High Wind
Mon, 12-01-2003, 08:19 AM
I&#39;m going with Krbadass with the clone theory Zabuza even says its water clone thats 1/10 strength of the user

Kage Bunshin on the other hand distributes the strength evenly amoung the clones (I think Neji said something along those lines in Eps 60)

So with Kage Bunshin more clones = Less power each clone has

Sorta like getting a wad of gum and stretching it. The more you stretch the thinner it gets

I know i know bad analogy but i&#39;m not a very creative person so... meh http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

littlecooldude
Mon, 12-01-2003, 08:38 AM
Well to start off, yes the stare down was annoying, lets just hope it doesn&#39;t happen again and that the creators can read english and read our forums for advice http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif.

Now to move on. Man, I don&#39;t think he&#39;s going to pull out the frog yet. Thats like his savior move. I bet he beats Neji just with Kage no Bunshin and trickery. After all he is the number one surprise Ninja.

Assertn
Mon, 12-01-2003, 08:51 AM
i wouldnt say the clones are weaker.....i think the only real problem of kage bunshin is it distributes the CHAKRA, not the actual strength, but its not so much of a problem for naruto, since he can afford to distribute his large amount of chakra. You guys also point out how kage bunshin shouldnt be defeated so easily, well the power behind kage bunshin isnt in the jutsu itself, but potential that it has. Naruto&#39;s not that great at taijutsu, so therefore even if there are 5 of him, both neji and kiba shouldnt have a hard time, cause they are both skilled at taijutsu. Now if someone like rock lee could use kage bunshin....then imagine the damage that would inflict on the gaara match&#33; Another potential use for kage bunshin that would make it really powerful is for ninjutsus......if sasuke was to use kage bunshin, he could have fireballs flying ALL OVER the place (if he had the kinda crazy chakra stamina that naruto has, at least). Since naruto doesnt really have much else in taijutsu or ninjutsu, he has to resort to more creative ways to using the technique.

Its just a shame that he usually attacks blindly until he&#39;s lucky enough to discover a weakness in the enemy

shinobi kakashi
Mon, 12-01-2003, 09:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Assassin &#064; Dec 1 2003, 06:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>also, i agree about the kagebunshin bieng defeated so easily. everyone seems surprised that naruto can use it since its a &quot;jounin&quot; level move, but every god damn ninja in the village can defeat it. and its not like naruto&#39;s the weakling he used to be, so it shouldn&#39;t suck that much. anyway, thats just what i think.

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
my question is this, why the hell does everyone in the village instantly recognize the forbiden jitsu when they see it?
everyone and their damn dog knows of it,

&quot;oh that kagebushin a jounin level techique that is forbiden&quot;

you think more people could to it if they already knew what it was.
other than that one little thing i enjoy every aspect of the show, even the long dramatic stare downs,
that just means that the fighting that follows is going to kick more ass than the last time.
i just thought that i should bitch like everyone else seems to be doing in this thread,
well time to follow the herd like a good little sheep would.

Brel
Mon, 12-01-2003, 09:45 AM
i liked the eps. i don&#39;t have any complaints about the stand-off or the fight. certainly don&#39;t see the comparision to DBZ, and i have wasted my share of time watching it.
the only thing that really pisses me off is that i know i wont get a Naruto 2004 Calendar because i don&#39;t live in Japan. i just think that&#39;ld be cool to have hanging up in the room.

Kn1ves
Mon, 12-01-2003, 10:29 AM
I personally loved the episode, but I had friends over that day and I put myself in their position. Them not seeing any other previous episodes, and them not understanding anything about the Naruto world.... that episode sucked&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 12-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Talking about fillers, that is one of the parts that makes Naruto so nice to watch. I mean, without fillers it would just go down to the things where fighting and stuff happens. That would leave out humour, deep plot and the feelings. Without fillers, Naruto would be a plain and simple action anime, and i wouldn&#39;t like Naruto half as much if that was the case.

Personally i like the fillers, the question for me is just what kinds of fillers there should be in Naruto.

That, and the fact that watching 60 only makes me watch 61 even more makes 60 one hell of an ep.

boomorman
Mon, 12-01-2003, 10:55 AM
60 was still a little to much fluff not really noteworthy enough to discuss, but I&#39;m glad they got to the finals. Oh yeah I thought it was funny as hell when everyone was like &quot;wow, kagebunshin.... I didn&#39;t know he could do that&#33;&quot; Naruto has used it every ep, 10 times an ep for the last 58 eps&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; wtf everyone knows he can do it.

makkura
Mon, 12-01-2003, 11:42 AM
neji said that the CHAKRA was evenly distributed not POWER

huge difference.

SuntUrioN
Mon, 12-01-2003, 12:37 PM
I liked the episode, hell, I like all the episodes but the 5 minute starring down wanted me strangle Masashi Kishimoto.

The thing i really noticed was, that Naruto&#39;s fighting technique is kinda, how should i put this.

WEAK

I dunno man, the way he attacks looks so sloppy compared to the fluid and beautiful movements of the other characters.

El Duende
Mon, 12-01-2003, 01:13 PM
i really like the chapter, does kiba cut his hair???

Kagari
Mon, 12-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Ok, check it out.

Some of you may bitch about the &quot;filler&quot; or the standoffs, but if you sit down and watch the episodes all the way through, one after the other....the suspense is incredible.

Whenever I get a weekly episode, I watch the previous week&#39;s one right before I check out the new one. All of the filler and intensity is what makes Naruto a helluva lot better than those other &quot;all fight&quot; series...

When it&#39;s done right, it&#39;s great. Just as long as it doesn&#39;t become &quot;cardcaptors&quot; or &quot;DBZ&quot;, I&#39;ll be just fine. and trust me, Naruto is SO much better.

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu&#33; SO MANY narutos&#33; Cant wait till ep. 61&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Chi Chi
Mon, 12-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Kage Bunshin: Don&#39;t forget something. Kage Bunshin takes a lot of Chakra. The rest of it is used for the power of the clones. It is easier to kill 10 weak persons not working together than 1 strong one.

Baka-chan
Mon, 12-01-2003, 01:37 PM
also remember that Naruto used kage bunshin repeatedly for a long period of time during that battle in the forest before they reached the tower. the kids got some stamina

DrunkPotHead
Mon, 12-01-2003, 01:45 PM
I havent read the manga but from the way i saw the preview, i think that this fight id gonna drag out for 3 episodes because i didnt see the frog in the previews and neji seems impervious to kage bunshin&#39;s attack...

villin
Mon, 12-01-2003, 01:55 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkPotHead &#064; Dec 1 2003, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I havent read the manga but from the way i saw the preview, i think that this fight id gonna drag out for 3 episodes because i didnt see the frog in the previews and neji seems impervious to kage bunshin&#39;s attack... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Don&#39;t talk about the manga baka, have a nice vacation.

TheAwesomeChow
Tue, 12-02-2003, 06:51 AM
perhaps word of mouth, maybe I&#39;m being a little presumptuous, but I would the think the people who have seen it would tell the others. Iruka has seen it, the closet pervert has seen it, Jiraiya and Kakashi have seen it. I know it didn&#39;t happen in the series, obviously, but wouldn&#39;t that be a likely way for high ranking shinobi to have heard that this Naruto kid can do Kage Bunshin.

Karasu
Tue, 12-02-2003, 07:41 AM
Yea Neji is a little quick to judge both Hinata and Naruto. Naruto needs some guidance and when he gets it he improves alot all the time, if hinata would come over her fear of her self and all that and train she could probably be as good as Neji. But her father just thinks she&#39;s worthless cause she didnt learn as fast as he would hope, maby he isnt a good teacher or whatever. Naruto&#39;s Destiny is alot bigger than Neji could ever imagine http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif. Naruto just comes from a &quot;looser&quot; past and not born talentless. Too bad Naruto would go easy on Neji the one who should fight Neji is Gaara http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif He should also be a looser in Nejis eye&#39;s. No friends not popular, ppl dont wanna be arround him and so on.

kyuubi
Tue, 12-02-2003, 09:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xeo @ Dec 2 2003, 12:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Stare down was alright, we almost expect that from a Naruto episode nowadays. I mean, I was surprised at how much all those episodes between the prelims and 3rd Exam had. But now, we&#39;re back at prelim pace: long, slow, gruelling but still good.
What I found interesting was how Neji &quot;missed&quot; the tenketsu... I mean, he&#39;s so talented at everything that it&#39;s hard to believe he missed. I just wonder if there&#39;s more to it that simply missing.
Another point is that Neji keeps saying ninja&#39;s are born with their fate of being strong or weak. I can&#39;t help but keep thinking of the sarcasism of that statement. In the 3rd Exam, only Naruto and Gaara seem to be born strong. Neji isn&#39;t even close :-) On to 61&#33; Can&#39;t wait. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Neji didnt miss, but before he hit, Naruto remembered what Neji&#39;s fighting style was, and he managed to dodge just in time. I think that&#39;s what happened....It all happened so fast...I gotta watch it again&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

Xeo
Tue, 12-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Stare down was alright, we almost expect that from a Naruto episode nowadays. I mean, I was surprised at how much all those episodes between the prelims and 3rd Exam had. But now, we&#39;re back at prelim pace: long, slow, gruelling but still good.
What I found interesting was how Neji &quot;missed&quot; the tenketsu... I mean, he&#39;s so talented at everything that it&#39;s hard to believe he missed. I just wonder if there&#39;s more to it that simply missing.
Another point is that Neji keeps saying ninja&#39;s are born with their fate of being strong or weak. I can&#39;t help but keep thinking of the sarcasism of that statement. In the 3rd Exam, only Naruto and Gaara seem to be born strong. Neji isn&#39;t even close :-) On to 61&#33; Can&#39;t wait. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

Krbadass
Tue, 12-02-2003, 01:01 PM
How would the other high shinobi know he could use kage bunshin? they dont.