PDA

View Full Version : The Break down of Doflamingo

oorainbow247oo
Fri, 12-14-2012, 06:48 AM
like all writers Oda(may he live forever) gets influence from other story's , lore, and history, and one of the most telling things about a fictional character is their name .so using his name i will help breakdown the dons inspiration so you may infer what you can from it. all links i use will be at the end of the page

The dons first name is of Spanish origin and the word Don is a Spanish title or male forename, in the past it referred to some one of noble birth. Don Quixote is also the name of the main protagonist of a classic Spanish novel titled "The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha" published in 1605 it is considered the greatest literary work of the Spanish golden-age the short summary of the book is as follows a hidalgo or Spanish nobility, reads so many books on chivalry as a child he becomes disillusioned to the point of believing he is a chivalrous knight and goes off seeking adventure only to be humiliated.
This could easily speak to the mind of DD and be a peek into his childhood horrors and also tells us he may be the son of a noble or even celestial dragon which of course would explain why the marine commander feared him as he would be able to do whatever he wanted. It also makes me ask if maybe DD decided to become a pirate and due to his status as a WN the WG created the warlords to hide his past and protect the reputation of the WG.

Now we will look at his last name Doflamingo or just flamingo which comes from the Latin word Flame. Flamingos in Egypt were worshiped as the living embodiment of the sun god Ra. Ra was seen as the First god and can be translated as sun or creator.Ra was also the originator of the Ennead a group of 9 deities in Egyptian mythology.
the Ennead created by Ra are the same ennead created by Atum another egyptian god who was said to have been merged with Ra. Nut the 5th member of the Ennead had her husband killed by Ra,
First there are 9 SH's and there are 9 Ennead allowing a perfect match up as luffy would fight DD and kinemon or law could filling the last spot or allowing one of them to be defeated prior to that Ra was said to be the first Egyptian god and i think Don might be the first ever warlord as stated previously. Also i believe i have identified Baby 5's name sake as Nut you can read more about her at the ennead link, i tried finding buffalo within the nine however i dont know enough about him to be conclusively sure i suspect it might be shu or geb.

next is to look at his alter ego's name joker a pretty easy guess is that joker is in fact reference to the villain from the batman series.(kinda funny how he almost killed moria who is a bat like man) a maniac villian whos crimes are senseless. DD's smile is the jokers trademark smile his hair, facial structure and even the sunglasses are inspired by the joker,who uses eye paint instead.

using his subordinates names we can in fact discover some very interesting facts as well such as vergos "ruling planet" is mercury. mercury is the god of trade and messenger to the higher gods, and the base word for mercurial meaning someone who is volatile or unstable. caeser clown is in fact named after operation caesar a WWII operation in which germany was attempting to send advanced technology to japan to fuel their war, It was a complete failure.though the caeser incident only gives insight in to the fact that caeser probably fails at most his experiments,and vergos reference dont tell us anything new either i still thought they were neat factoids

all in all i hope you enjoy this it took a couple hours of work so please comment my tush is killing me. o and PS based on the fact that many of the reference materials have sections discussing eyes such as the eye of Ra or plotnius failing vision and even quixotas disillusioned eyes. im getting the idea that DD maybe near blind, or has eye damage from a fire of sorts another recurring theme that has'nt been touched on in op.

unandpw
Sat, 12-15-2012, 12:43 PM
I think you and your other accounts on this forum need to stop posting garbage from other sites. A simple Google search of your posts will show the actual author. You are not them.

oorainbow247oo
homaster