PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of iron and steel defense feats

homaster
Tue, 12-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Well, I supposed there is only so many words to describe a hardness of something. And sometimes, "as hard as iron (and or steel)" is nothing more than but an expression. As I do my ranking on the other threads, I realized some physical feats are rather confusing as hell. So what are your opinions and how you rank these hardness? I supposed they are all kind of different so rank it based on whatever you like.

Upper Mid tier to High Tier
Franky's cyborg body preskipped and post skipped, Blueno's Tekkai, Jabra's Tekkai, Rob Lucci's Tekkai, Pacifista's body, Kuma's body, Boa sisters' haki, Marineford's wall, Jozu's diamond body, Hody's ES body, and Vergo (whatever technique that he is using)

Lower to Mid tier
Pearl's iron plates, Don Krieg's wootz steel armor, Mr. 1's supa supa body, Mr. 3's harden wax (he claimed as strong as steel), Ohm's iron cloud shield/sword/whip, Kalifa's Tekkai, and Absalom's tough skin
:confused:

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Not really sure what there is to discuss.

Obviously, all the powers that actually turn your body into some other substance make you...as hard as that substance.

Something like tekkai is just a martial arts technique that makes your body tougher, and it's effectiveness is dependent upon the skill of the person using the technique. Armament Haki is the same. It's dependent on your skill with Haki.

Kraco
Thu, 12-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Considering hardness, Jozu's diamond body obviously is the hardest, since diamond is pretty much the hardest material and is used in various tests to test the hardness of other substances, for that specific reason. However, as practical personal defense, who knows. It's not like there would have ever been RL examples of diamonds used in that role, as opposed to steel and such, so I wonder if it didn't have some weaknesses as well. So far we have seen Jozu was able to block Mihawk's splitting attack without a scratch. I somehow doubt all haki users would be able to pull that feat off.