PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 291-295

frog hermit
Thu, 11-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Naruto Shippuuden Episode 291: 480p (www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=378804) | 720p (www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=378806) | 1080p (www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=378811) - HorribleSubs

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-30-2012, 12:25 AM
The only thing worth watching in this is anything with Kabuto.

You could tell immediately from Kabuto's expression that Naruto had swallowed a bunch of microscopic snakes.

But yeah, this shit with the kids is super boring.

Kraco
Fri, 11-30-2012, 02:42 AM
If Kyuubi is affected against its will by Kabuto's random snakes in a lake (like the dream might suggest), I will drop this filler. Naruto himself is inconsequential, having the wits of a rubber boot. But Kyuubi shouldn't be something a newbie like Kabuto ought to be able to play with.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM
If Kyuubi is affected against its will by Kabuto's random snakes in a lake (like the dream might suggest), I will drop this filler. Naruto himself is inconsequential, having the wits of a rubber boot. But Kyuubi shouldn't be something a newbie like Kabuto ought to be able to play with.Newbie? Kabuto is, like, one of the 3 most powerful ninjas in the world right now.

And every ninja village on the planet seems to know how to manipulate the fuck out of tailed beasts, so it's not like they're towers of willpower or something,

Kraco
Fri, 11-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Newbie? Kabuto is, like, one of the 3 most powerful ninjas in the world right now.

I guess he is near the top, but for me he won't ever be anything else than a fine traditional medical ninja but a mediocre ninja otherwise. He's nothing but an Oro copycat.

And every ninja village on the planet seems to know how to manipulate the fuck out of tailed beasts, so it's not like they're towers of willpower or something,

From what I can see, Kyuubi is more wicked than the rest combined. And since when did Kabuto have experience with the tailed beasts anyway? Because he seems to be a villain who can pull off anything without an explanation? Oro was one of the sannin and spent every waking hour from his very youth doing dubious research. Madara is an ancient fucker who somehow lingered alive. The rest of the villains mostly can do their own specific stuff very well. Why should Kabuto make any difference? He seems to have been able to perfect the haxor resurrection technique, but you'd think that especially meant he had time for nothing else.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-01-2012, 01:18 AM
I guess he is near the top, but for me he won't ever be anything else than a fine traditional medical ninja but a mediocre ninja otherwise. He's nothing but an Oro copycat.He's a copycat of one of the most powerful characters in the series that has already far surpassed the original in terms of power though.

He's got more zombies. His Snake summons are more powerful than Oro's. His arms work.

I don't see how Kabuto is any more of a copycat than any other character that learned their techniques from someone of the previous generation.

From what I can see, Kyuubi is more wicked than the rest combined. And since when did Kabuto have experience with the tailed beasts anyway? Because he seems to be a villain who can pull off anything without an explanation? Oro was one of the sannin and spent every waking hour from his very youth doing dubious research. Madara is an ancient fucker who somehow lingered alive. The rest of the villains mostly can do their own specific stuff very well. Why should Kabuto make any difference? He seems to have been able to perfect the haxor resurrection technique, but you'd think that especially meant he had time for nothing else.Well he's a genius obviously with access to Oro's lifetime of research.

You don't have to spend your life inventing the light bulb when you can just read instructions from Thomas Edison.

Kraco
Wed, 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM
294:

Fortunately enough Kabuto could claim no control over Kyuubi so I didn't need to drop this. Although maybe I'd have been better off dropping this since it's not like this arc would do anything else than praise Kabuto's out of nowhere skills and summon a doomsday machine from the same nowhere. Where on earth does that machine even draw it's power from?

I'm glad the next ep will be the final one.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Hey look, it's number two filler arc cliche after crying little kids, completely anachronistic tron technology!

Kraco
Thu, 01-10-2013, 07:50 AM
What a sucky ending, but of course it was heading that way from the beginning. Too bad they can't fire the people monkeys writing these things.

It's back to the real thing, finally, next week.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 01-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Words cannot express all the frustation I suffered watching this. What a huge load of barf material. I kept following it for the animation but even that was a big letdown troughout, especially the ending. Yuck. And of course next weeks canon eps will be animated poorly like before. I really don't get these guys monkeys.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm curious as to what fat nerd on the writing staff got to make the guard character out of his self-insert Naruto fanfic.

But yeah, it's SUPER obvious now that the was originally intended to be a theatrical release.

Yukimura
Sat, 01-12-2013, 12:15 AM
It seems I'm not in heavy company but I thought this whole little arc was overall a better product and experience than the last several dozen 'canonical' episodes. The animation quality/complexity/variety alone was enough to make the show infinitely more watchable than the typical week to week stuff but I think what really sold me was the fact that there was reasonable pacing between episodes after the months of stall hell we've had in the canon. Sure the Chikara story was a giant pile of predictable clichés but then again so is Naruto, however even a crappy story can be well executed and in that regard I think Chikara delivered quite well, at least in Naruto terms.

The whiney kids were annoying, the love story was the height of sappiness, and the villain was a cardboard cutout in every way possible, but for some reason I can't really fathom myself all the silly cliche elements came together in a way that just 'worked'. And in a way that the giant ninja war arc frankly hasn't with the way it's been paced in the anime. I at least am going to miss the animation upgrade and feeling like the plot isn't being dragged along thorugh a mud pit by an army of diseased snails next week.

NOTE: The anime is still in the same arc that is currently ongoing in the manga so I expect no sparing of the stall tactics for the next several months.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-12-2013, 12:51 AM
NOTE: The anime is still in the same arc that is currently ongoing in the manga so I expect no sparing of the stall tactics for the next several months.

How many chapters are we talking about?

UChessmaster
Sat, 01-12-2013, 08:22 AM
70 or so.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Jesus Christ that's a long arc.