PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 690

Marik
Wed, 11-28-2012, 04:09 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/690)

Archangel
Wed, 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Did he just cut open the whole godamn mountain? If Zoro sees that there will definitely be a battle, that's some Milhawk level shit right there.

Assertn
Wed, 11-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Oh damn, didnt even notice that. I don't think Law ever cuts anything so much as he merely "separates" them. That would be way too violent of a way for Vergo to die. MangaPanda translations seem shitty as usual, though. Lot's of redundant text.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM
So pretty much all the big shots are confident in their power that they have no where to grow, while everyone else, the new wave, have been training the past 2 years. Maybe Law just was able to expand his zone more or use the wave of the blade to amplify his powers.

rockmanj
Wed, 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM
That was pretty ruthless. I wonder how large his "operating" radius is.

Archangel
Wed, 11-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh damn, didnt even notice that. I don't think Law ever cuts anything so much as he merely "separates" them. That would be way too violent of a way for Vergo to die. MangaPanda translations seem shitty as usual, though. Lot's of redundant text.
He definitely cuts, except he's less of a swordsman and more of a surgeon.

What's interesting here is that Haki didn't do a godamn thing to help Virgo, seems like dodging Law's attacks would be the only way to fight him but from what we've seen he's almost omnipotent within his "zone".

Carnage
Wed, 11-28-2012, 07:02 PM
If Im not mistaken, I think one's "will" (powerlevel) has to be stronger for their haki to overcome a df user's ability. I think we saw a semblance of this in Tashigi's battle? This way haki isn't a totally broken concept and df users still have a chance.

Kensee
Wed, 11-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Because screw your haki, vats, factory... well your mountain too. Next chapter should be funny seeing how the factory is now split into two. I'm thinking there will be a Doflamingo vs Law fight down the line to settle it (similar abilities/hax powers).

Side note: doesn't that mean all the gas that was outside can now flow in?

Go team supernovas, new world or bust.

Tofu #2
Thu, 11-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Side note: doesn't that mean all the gas that was outside can now flow in?

fuck your logic

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Nah, its only separated for an instant for effect and will soon be put back together, sans Vergo of course.

Kensee
Thu, 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Nah, its only separated for an instant for effect and will soon be put back together, sans Vergo of course.

But the SAD chemicals were leaking out and I don't think its just going to fall right back into place... then again

fuck your logic

rockmanj
Thu, 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Maybe he separated the molecules of the gas as well? I know it is a stretch, but he is a scientist after all.

Assertn
Thu, 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Im just going to assume it was for dramatic effect, and the building is going to seal back up in the next chapter.

Though on that note, how come he doesn't just manipulate the hatch doors to reseal them instead of letting the gas seep into the chambers in the first place?

toonice714
Fri, 11-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Forest law wi.....I mean go law! Coolest supernova so far! Even though I think don flamingo is cool, it was great shutting him up in that last panel.....and Caesar. Caesar is annoying as hell. He reminds me of spandam from the cp9 arc

poopdeville
Tue, 12-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Law is so obviously Zoro's opponent eventually.

Assertn
Tue, 12-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Law is so obviously Zoro's opponent eventually.

There's no way anyone but Luffy will directly fight any of the supernova captains. If Zoro is going to fight anyone, it would be Killer.

poopdeville
Tue, 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
That depends on whether or not Law becomes somebody else's subordinate.

As it stands, Zoro wants to be the greatest swordsman in the world, and Law is competition.