PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 290

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Naruto Shippuuden Episode 290: 480p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=376529) | 720p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=376532) | 1080p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=376535) - HorribleSubs

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some serious mixed feelings about this episode.

On the one hand, the action scenes and animation were amazing. Way better than anything we've gotten in the canon episodes in ages! That first battle with Kabuto is better than anything they've done in the entire 4th Shinobi War!

Which is of course the problem. Why the hell are they expanding all this amazing effort on this ridiculously out of continuity filler arc instead of the core series?!

Honestly, it feels like this was originally a movie, and then the theatrical release of the movie was cancelled and they're just airing it here.

And while seeing Hidan back is great, it's kind of baffling. He's already unkillable. You don't need to Edo Tensei him. Just stick his head on a body.

Also, there's no point in bringing Hidan back if you aren't going to have him talk! The stuff he says is the whole reason he's awesome!

I seriously have no idea what was going on in the second half. It felt like I was watching some other series.

David75
Thu, 11-22-2012, 03:05 PM
It's semi-filler in the sens that it explains part of the edo-tensei Kabuto has been developing?

Kraco
Thu, 11-22-2012, 03:19 PM
I seriously have no idea what was going on in the second half. It felt like I was watching some other series.

It seems to have taken place before Naruto & gang arrived. I'd guess at least the two sound producing wands will play some vital role in this arc, if not the little girl herself. Other than that, this arc seems to be as much if not more about the mysterious lake as Kabuto and the resurrection technique.

But yeah, I'd have rather watched canon eps with these production values. This isn't likely going to be as atrocious as some of the individual filler eps of late, but still it seems like waste of money and effort. I guess I'll keep watching but without celebrations.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-22-2012, 04:00 PM
It's semi-filler in the sens that it explains part of the edo-tensei Kabuto has been developing?What is there to develop? It's the same in the 4th War as it was when Orochimaru used it.

Yet here, it works completely differently? Microscopic snakes in magic water?

Also, nobody was supposed to know Kabuto knew Edo Tensei till it was revealed later. But if this is to be believed, then Yamato knew about it the whole time.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 11-22-2012, 04:02 PM
I hate Naruto. They keep doing stuff like that. Not so much the filler, I'm used to that, but using all this animation on arcs that don't matter as much... Really pisses me off.

unandpw
Thu, 11-22-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't think that Hidan was an Edo Tensei. I think he was just an incubated clone from cells.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-23-2012, 01:05 AM
I don't think that Hidan was an Edo Tensei. I think he was just an incubated clone from cells.Then what's with the black eyes and the kunai in the head?

unandpw
Fri, 11-23-2012, 02:07 AM
The talisman allows Kabuto control over their body/free will. The eye color probably has something to do with that as well. If you watch the 3rd's fight with the 1st and 2nd, neither of them had completely black eyes.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-23-2012, 03:55 AM
If you watch the 3rd's fight with the 1st and 2nd, neither of them had completely black eyes.And yet they totally had kunais in their heads, so clearly the kunai has nothing to do with him having black eyes.

unandpw
Fri, 11-23-2012, 12:48 PM
The Naruto wikia states this:
The summoned all have grey sclerae and retain their original eye colours, however, the entire eye is darkened. When Kabuto takes complete control of them however, they gain black sclerae and white irides.

The control is dependent on the talisman though. And whether they're Edo Tensei or just regenerated cells, they'll all look the same if they're being controlled by Kabuto.

Besides, you need a host to do Edo Tensei. This Hidan was created from snakes.

TwisT
Fri, 11-23-2012, 02:36 PM
You can't use Edo Tensei on Hidan anyways since he isn't dead <_<

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-23-2012, 08:03 PM
The control is dependent on the talisman though. And whether they're Edo Tensei or just regenerated cells, they'll all look the same if they're being controlled by Kabuto.So the conclusion you're drawing here is that the black eyes are specific to Kabuto's mind controlling Kunai?

I don't know if it's the same in the manga, but the first time they showed Kabuto doing it with Deidara on the turtle island, Deidara's eyes were completely black, then Kabuto inserts the Kunai and Deidara's pupils reappear. So, again, this seems to imply that the black eyes have nothing to do with the kunai.

unandpw
Sat, 11-24-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't know if it's the same in the manga, but the first time they showed Kabuto doing it with Deidara on the turtle island, Deidara's eyes were completely black, then Kabuto inserts the Kunai and Deidara's pupils reappear. So, again, this seems to imply that the black eyes have nothing to do with the kunai.

Here's the part in the manga.
Deidara is summoned, but isn't under control. Has white eyes. Link 1 (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v54/c512/15.html)
The first page of the very next chapter shows Kabuto putting the kunai in his head. Link 2 (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v54/c513/)
And the page after that shows Deidara with black eyes. Link 3 (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v54/c513/3.html)

I honestly don't remember how they did it in the anime. I wouldn't take it at face value though.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Alright, I'll just chalk that up to the anime fucking up again.

Like I said, in the anime, his eyes were solid black when he was first summoned.