PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 573

Marik
Sun, 11-18-2012, 12:34 AM
[CCS-Speed] One Piece 573 [720p] [E4291561].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=375250)

Penner
Sun, 11-18-2012, 08:26 AM
All around good episode.

Robin gets bonus points for her dress ;)

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-21-2012, 03:20 PM
JIMBEI! WHY YOU NO GET ON BOAT!!

I've begun to notice that Robin barely ever seems to speak anymore. She just chuckles at things.

That IS a sweet dress though...

Kraco
Wed, 11-21-2012, 04:48 PM
I've begun to notice that Robin barely ever seems to speak anymore. She just chuckles at things.

And when she does speak, it's usually something morbid like: "Maybe she was eaten by a sea monster."

Assertn
Wed, 11-21-2012, 05:17 PM
has she ever talked much outside of history/knowledge-related stuff?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-21-2012, 06:25 PM
has she ever talked much outside of history/knowledge-related stuff?I'm not sure. But I'm specifically noticing that whenever they do a scene now where each member of the crew has a line in reaction to something, her reaction is always just to laugh. Everyone else gives some kind of in-character one liner, but not her.

Also, Franky and Zoro too cool for Pinky Swears.

Assertn
Wed, 11-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Nah just zoro. Franky did an air-pinky-swear.

Kraco
Thu, 11-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Also, Franky and Zoro too cool for Pinky Swears.

Being a Zoro fan, it pleases me his character has been kept so clean. Aside from wanting to support Luffy's ambition and see noone in the crew die, he still only cares about swordsmanship and cutting things (and drinking). As such he's pretty cruel, in fact, compared to the other Straw-hat members. Almost like a real pirate, though not interested in plundering.

Assertn
Fri, 11-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Being a Zoro fan, it pleases me his character has been kept so clean. Aside from wanting to support Luffy's ambition and see noone in the crew die, he still only cares about swordsmanship and cutting things (and drinking). As such he's pretty cruel, in fact, compared to the other Straw-hat members. Almost like a real pirate, though not interested in plundering.

As prideful as he is, I still find it amazing that he allows Nami to pummel him in her fits of greed-induced rage.

Archangel
Fri, 11-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Miss All Sunday > Robin

Her character used to be a whole lot more interesting

Kraco
Wed, 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Watching these eps again (Yibis subs, though that makes no difference), gives a better picture of Shirley's prediction. With all the components, like Noah & Joyboy, the wish of the fish folks to see the sun and join the other nations equally, the trouble with Big Mom, and finally the promise to take Shirahoshi to see a real forest, really gives the impression Luffy will fulfill all of that by forcing them all to relocate to some real island by destroying the undersea kingdom (or at least being a part of its destruction in some way) under yet to be revealed circumstances.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-30-2012, 01:44 AM
I said that like two months ago!

My serious hope is that Luffy hears them talking and goes "Oh, your mom wanted everyone to leave the island but they're too afraid? Okay." *destroys island*

That kind of thing would be right in line with his encounter with Laboon. Were he does something that makes him seem terrible because they'll be better off for it.

Kraco
Fri, 11-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Indeed. I wasn't trying to present it like a new idea. It's just that a rewatch really seemed to paint a stronger picture behind the motivations and other reasons to do it, since there is more to it than that single wish of a dead person.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM
It's funny though, with the whole Big Mam development I'd actually started to move away from that theory and more towards, "Luffy is going to pick a fight with someone that will destroy the island to spite him."

Kraco
Fri, 11-30-2012, 05:04 PM
It could end up like that, but as a matter of fact I kind of hope it won't. Luffy is interesting in the sense that he always does what he wants and what he considers the right thing to do, the opinions of the rest of the world notwithstanding. So, he would actually be able to pull of the destruction of a country (with relocation, naturally, not a genocide) if he deemed it the right thing to do, totally ignoring what the inhabitants would think about it.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-01-2012, 01:06 AM
It could end up like that, but as a matter of fact I kind of hope it won't. Luffy is interesting in the sense that he always does what he wants and what he considers the right thing to do, the opinions of the rest of the world notwithstanding. So, he would actually be able to pull of the destruction of a country (with relocation, naturally, not a genocide) if he deemed it the right thing to do, totally ignoring what the inhabitants would think about it.I agree, that would definitely be much better.

Though it kind of concerns me with the way the rest of this series is going to go. The kinds of things they are setting up now, such as making Mermaid Island Luffy's territory, seem like they're going to interfere with what was originally just a supposed to be a journey to the end of the Grand Line.

They already had a huge setback at Shabondy that caused us to go backwards for like 3 arcs, now it looks like the Strawhats forward progress is going to be stymied by inter-pirate fighting and politics.

Which is the kind of thing keeping any of the Four Emperors from becoming the Pirate King. I was kind of hoping the Strawhats were going to sidestep most of that and just keep adventuring forward.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy ends up as one of the Four Emperors after kicking Big Mams ass.