PDA

View Full Version : TV: Arrow

Munsu
Wed, 10-10-2012, 10:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaq6S_Hcwn4

Arrow premiered tonight, anyone seen it yet? Any good?

Penner
Thu, 10-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Been looking forward to this for some time, gonna watch it soon.

From what I've read it's pretty good, and even tho it only has 350 votes so far, it has a pretty impressive 9.1 imdb rating.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Just watched it, loved it, definitely going to follow this.

It also made want to work out :P

Munsu
Thu, 10-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Other than a few things, I really enjoyed this first episode, looking forward to the rest.

And really like Katie Cassidy as Black Canary, hope we see her as such sooner rather than later.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Is the Arrow character owned by DC comics? If not, I see a lawsuit in their future.

I'll check out this show if there's enough eye candy. Judging from the preview, there isn't in the early going.

UChessmaster
Thu, 10-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes, it`s green arrow, but colored coded heroes are uncool, so they named the series arrow instead.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-11-2012, 06:00 PM
I was speaking in terms of the obvious parallels between this character and Bruce Wayne/Batman. But since DC owns both I guess it's going to be ok.

If wikipedia is to be believed, "Arrow will also feature appearances by other DC Comics characters." That could be something cool for the series.

UChessmaster
Thu, 10-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Outside of being rich they`re not really that similar, but having a possitive attitude is also uncool so, yeah.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Are you talking about my attitude towards a new show and its potential? If so, I guess it's because I'm from a previous generation that still produced shows with originality and good stories. Most of what is produced these days is fluff or updates that crib off originals from my time.

UChessmaster
Fri, 10-12-2012, 05:46 AM
No, i mean about the general population, most people these days would consider Oliver lame, so they took out the green and changed his personallity more akin to Bruce Wayne, that`s why he looks like a rip off.

Animeniax
Fri, 10-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Ic, so his character in the comics was more upbeat and optimistic, but they changed him in the show to be more dark and haunted to appeal to newer fans.

UChessmaster
Fri, 10-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Exactly.

Munsu
Sat, 10-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Second episode promo... Kelly Hu as China White, instant boner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P13tq4ZJx7c

Penner
Fri, 10-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Man, i am loving this show so far.

Kelly Hu getting so little screen-time was a tad disappointing, but we'll probably see more of her in some other episode(s).

Munsu
Fri, 10-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah, that fight was a bit lame. But enjoying the series so far.

Penner
Mon, 02-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Awww yeah, Arrow renewed for another season!

Munsu
Tue, 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Awww yeah, Arrow renewed for another season!

No brainer for them, one of their highest rated shows. Hopefully they cancel or the female marketed shows, and keep bringing shows that have a supernatural or superpowers or action side to them. Those have been the ones that have consistently shown to have enduring audience in that network.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 04-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Just heard Manu Bennett is in this show. Apparently I'm going to start watching it now.

Animeniax
Sat, 04-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Did a quick search hoping it was a hot chick. Do you like dudes?

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 04-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Did a quick search hoping it was a hot chick. Do you like dudes?

Hah! I wasn't even trying but it looks like my troll powers can no longer be contained *pats self on back*. Manu Bennett plays the mighty Crixus on Starz' Spartacus series. After seeing the latest episode I was compelled to look up Crixus tribute videos and ran into one where he mentioned he was doing Arrow.

Penner
Thu, 02-06-2014, 04:30 AM
I gotta say, i fucking love this show, easily one of my favorites right now.

But one thing that has been bothering me throughout season 2: What the shit is going on with Katie Cassidy? (she plays Laurel Lance)

In season 1 she was fucking gorgeous, and now in season 2 she seems to have lost way too much weight, she looks straight up sick... almost anorexic :/

I made the below picture for comparison: (I mean, just look at her face :()

That second pic is a screenshot i just took 5 minutes ago from the latest episode.

Munsu
Thu, 02-06-2014, 10:02 AM
I gotta say, i fucking love this show, easily one of my favorites right now.

But one thing that has been bothering me throughout season 2: What the shit is going on with Katie Cassidy? (she plays Laurel Lance)

In season 1 she was fucking gorgeous, and now in season she seems to have lost way too much weight, she looks straight up sick... almost anorexic :/

I made the below picture for comparison: (I mean, just look at her face :()

That second pic is a screenshot i just took 5 minutes ago from the latest episode.

I'll just rationalize it as an effect of her drug use.

Animeniax
Thu, 02-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Maybe she transformed herself for the role, but more likely the fame and stress of Hollywood took its toll on her. I saw something like that before when Carey Lowell (ADA Jamie Ross on Law & Order) went through a similar transformation from hot to not.

1630 1629

Munsu
Thu, 02-06-2014, 03:23 PM
I've always have had my doubts if Katie Cassidy has had some work done on herself. She looked vastly more different on Supernatural even before Arrow began, so not sure what is going on with her. Maybe it's normal change from growing up, but I don't think that's the case.

Penner
Fri, 02-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Not exactly surprising, but Arrow was just renewed for another season (http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/13/the-cw-renews-five/).

Good news for me because this is easily one of my favourite shows right now.