PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 565

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-23-2012, 01:27 AM
[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 565 [360p] (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=354982)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GODDAMN that was wall to wall badassitude!

Brook was super cool in this episode. But still totally hilarious. Chopper can control his monster form.

And also,

Luffy...Fire....WTF?!

Penner
Sun, 09-23-2012, 05:04 AM
That was all kinds of awesome!

Also, more pills Hordy? really? >_>

Assertn
Sun, 09-23-2012, 01:31 PM
It's interesting that Brook got anything of value from the longarm tribe. I wonder if it's one of the legendary grade swords. Considering that Zoro has used 4 different grade swords, and none of them had any sort of elemental affix, it would be disappointing if this one didn't.

Edit: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Solid
Ok, so apparently it's Brook's spirit powers that allows him to imbue it with ice.

Kraco
Sun, 09-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Edit: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Solid
Ok, so apparently it's Brook's spirit powers that allows him to imbue it with ice.

That's what the episode itself said, after all. Maybe the maintenance done by the longarm tribe was more of a psychological thing, a placebo effect.

A jolly good episode, all in all, even if I can't help but feel any grand new techniques are totally wasted, that is, used unnecessarily, against these opponents who are much weaker than the tougher enemies they faced before the time jump. The Luffy vs Hody fight is no different, even if Hody gets up after every beating, to pop more pills. The only real danger is the ship falling and that's it.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-23-2012, 08:36 PM
My big question is whether Red Hawk is Luffy manifesting Ace's powers somehow, like the scene seems to imply, or if it's just some mundane method like Sanji uses.

Or if it's Luffy using Haki in another way that doesn't make sense with how it was originally described.

against these opponents who are much weaker than the tougher enemies they faced before the time jump.I don't believe that's the case at all.

After all, Pacifistas, which devastated the group pre-timeskip, were being one-shotted afterwards.

The New Fishman Pirates, while not a truly credible threat, are still doing better than that. I'd say these guys are all tougher than CP9 or the Thriller Bark pirates, it's just the Strawhats have gotten so much stronger in two years that they're making it look easy.

It's interesting that Brook got anything of value from the longarm tribe. I wonder if it's one of the legendary grade swords. Considering that Zoro has used 4 different grade swords, and none of them had any sort of elemental affix, it would be disappointing if this one didn't.I understood it as it's the same sword he had before, the Longarm Tribe just sharpened it with some high level of skill.

Assertn
Mon, 09-24-2012, 03:07 PM
New Fishman Pirates are definitely weaker than CP9 without the pills. With the pills, I would doubt they are better than the pacifistas. Especially considering the pacifistas should ideally be close to the level of Kuma, and Jimbei is already proving now that he's more than a match for any of the other fishman individually.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I have to say, Hyouzou has been a huge disappointment so far.

They started out painting him as this badass samurai that was working for Hordy for the money and not the racism, but he's become the second most drugged up character, who I think has actually done the LEAST so far.

He's obviously going to try and poison Zoro now that all his swords are broken.

Just a huge letdown for what I thought was going to be a cool badguy.

New Fishman Pirates are definitely weaker than CP9 without the pills.Well obviously.

With the pills, I would doubt they are better than the pacifistas.I would definitely argue that.

Post timeskip, Luffy one-shotted a Pacifista, and Zoro and Sanji two-shotted one.

None of the New Fishman Pirates have been two-shotted. They certainly seem stronger than the Pacifistas to me.

Assertn
Thu, 09-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I would definitely argue that.

Post timeskip, Luffy one-shotted a Pacifista, and Zoro and Sanji two-shotted one.

Any remote difficulty Luffy has had to this point is due to him fighting in water. On land, Hody would get punched and then he'd be out for the next 3 episodes. I suppose he's stronger in that he didn't explode into 20 pieces upon contact, but running on pure adrenaline isn't much to speak of a person's competency.

None of the New Fishman Pirates have been two-shotted. They certainly seem stronger than the Pacifistas to me.
The only reason none of them have been two-shotted yet is because none of them have been shot at twice yet. Zoro disarmed Hyouzou in one move once he got bored. Sanji and Jimbei are just fucking with the puffer fish guy. Everyone else has so far just been dodging attacks or taking out waves of nobodies.

Kraco
Thu, 09-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I have to say, Hyouzou has been a huge disappointment so far.

They started out painting him as this badass samurai that was working for Hordy for the money and not the racism, but he's become the second most drugged up character, who I think has actually done the LEAST so far.

He's obviously going to try and poison Zoro now that all his swords are broken.

Just a huge letdown for what I thought was going to be a cool badguy.

I think realistically speaking you can't anymore have such a drunken character put a believable (honest) fight against Zoro. As long as we have seen Zoro, he has been obsessed with training (including sleeping, since it's an integral part of building your body). So, as soon as I saw Hyouzou has an alcohol problem, I knew he would be nowhere near Zoro. A natural attribute such as poison would be his only chance. Or fighting in water, of course.

UChessmaster
Thu, 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM
I think realistically speaking you can't anymore have such a drunken character put a believable (honest) fight against Zoro.

In anime-land? sure you can.

Kraco
Thu, 09-27-2012, 04:04 PM
In anime-land? sure you can.

Sure you can, but what would that make Zoro? A real loser: A man who spends all his time training, even begging his enemy to train him, yet still would lose to some drunkard. So, certainly you could make a drunkard stronger than him, but it would render all his training meaningless by making him totally untalented.

UChessmaster
Thu, 09-27-2012, 04:49 PM
How about that fat guy in Shank`s crew? all he does is eat and he`s probably pretty strong.

Assertn
Thu, 09-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I think realistically speaking you can't anymore have such a drunken character put a believable (honest) fight against Zoro. As long as we have seen Zoro, he has been obsessed with training (including sleeping, since it's an integral part of building your body). So, as soon as I saw Hyouzou has an alcohol problem, I knew he would be nowhere near Zoro. A natural attribute such as poison would be his only chance. Or fighting in water, of course.

My impression was the alcohol made Hyouzou an even bigger threat, as he became wildly unpredictable and violent, yet still just as skilled as before... sort of like Rock Lee and his drunken fist.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Any remote difficulty Luffy has had to this point is due to him fighting in water. On land, Hody would get punched and then he'd be out for the next 3 episodes.Except Luffy already hit him while they were both on land, with pretty much the same attack he used on the Pacifista.

Hordy got right back up. The Pacifista exploded.

I think realistically speaking you can't anymore have such a drunken character put a believable (honest) fight against Zoro.When they first introduced him, he wasn't nearly so drunk. That's when I thought he might still be cool.

They had him super smashed after that, but before the battle, but I thought that was just for comic relief because he was bored.

My hope was that one the showdown came, he'd have sobered up, and gone back to being cool. Instead, he went the other way.