PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 563

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-09-2012, 02:42 AM
[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 563 [360p] (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=350458)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That wasn't much of a reveal.

Anyway, Robin is awesome.

I can't tell if that her in the net was a clone she made earlier, or if she can actually teleport HERSELF away now using her powers.

Kraco
Sun, 09-09-2012, 03:54 AM
That wasn't much of a reveal.

No shit. I was expecting him to be somebody of relevance, like the son of someone with a poor fate, but now they are saying they are just some dregs of society that haven't had a place of their own nor any social standing and have thus first turned bitter and radical, then became terrorists. Well, that was what I originally thought about them, but the cliffhanger last week made me think that at least Hody had an actual background. Hah, this is almost like Oda trying to write a social message about the dangers of letting masses of young men fall out of the society...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-09-2012, 03:45 PM
"I figured out the secret behind their identity!!"

"...?..."

"Fishman rednecks!"

UChessmaster
Mon, 09-10-2012, 08:53 AM
I actually like it this way, one of the things i love about OP is that the bad guys aren`t bad guys because their parents/best friend/girlfriend/puppy died in a sad way unlike a certain anime that i wont name, but it`s Naruto. Characters like the Hordy, Enel, Luccy that are evil simply for being evil and makes us root for the good guys as much as the people watching the fight are the ones i enjoy the most. I loved it than even Fukaboshi was expecting some sort of reasoning, some dark past that justifies his BEYOND pathological hate, "Nop, i`m just evil".

Kraco
Mon, 09-10-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't think that's the problem here. The problem is that nobody expected them to be anything but losers who gained the wrong kind of impression from Sun Pirates' legacy and became no good radicals. But then suddenly the previous episode suggested that Hody had some amazing background - when in fact he was just the dolt that everybody had thought him to be. It was like some bad straight man - funny man joke - that failed to be funny.

gos27
Sun, 09-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Fair enough he didn't have some big secret to hating humans, but basing a whole episode with such a big build up to that reasoning is a load of shit imo. This Arc is taking way too long. The new age pirates or whatever they call themselves should have been obliterated by Luffy and his crew much quicker, they weren't meant to be a strong enemy from what I gathered but they're certainly taking their sweet time with the battle.