PDA

View Full Version : Game: Smite

Dark Dragon
Sat, 08-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Smite is a new MOBA similar to League of Legends and DOTA.

The unique thing about the game is that you control your Gods (Hero) in a 3rd person combat style view rather than the standard RTS style.

I recently got into the closed Beta and the game is pretty fun so far. I find that it's easy to pick up and play, but there's also a degree of depth with the item upgrade system.

Here's the main website with some videos of game play. (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/642)

Anyone who's interested in trying the game please post in this thread or PM me your email so i can send you a key. There doesn't seem to be a limit on the amount i can give out so far, but that might change.

edit: Sent one to Twist, i still need your E-mail Xelbair before i can send you one.

TwisT
Mon, 08-27-2012, 04:06 AM
Yea it's been awesome. Play Heroes of Newerth regularly so I'm no stranger to the basics. Love the idea with third person in a MOBA. I guess people just don't know the game very well yet because unless people leave i can't lose when playing Kali. get boots as first item then frost hammer. Once that is maxed out no one can get away. Then i get the life steal gauntlet that have a stacking buff that makes it more powerful. Now i can farm without ever needing to go back unless i want to myself or done a big gank. After that just stack damage and crit like crazy.

animus
Mon, 08-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Played 3 or so games. Found it too similar to LoL. I found it fun for a bit, then just went back to Dota 2.

TwisT
Mon, 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Yea the skill and item system is very similar to LoL. Probably the weakest aspect of the game. That is one of the reasons why i find LoL to be far inferior to HoN and DotA.

I played against someone playing Zeus earlier today. Damn he was powerful. Whopped my ass several times.