PDA

View Full Version : Waifu 3D interactions!

David75
Thu, 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Technologies, progress, I love them.
Just read that article on Endgadget : http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/23/live2d-drawing-technology-turns-2d-3d/

With that Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLnF7CQ8Ac

I feel like 3D waifu integration into smartphones, tablets and comps will get very interesting in the months/years to come. Touch, voice, camera... these will bring fun interactions with your waifu.

Have fun!

Carnage
Thu, 08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
There goes any shot Japan has ever had at repopulation.

Kraco
Thu, 08-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Rather than some smartphone waifu application, I'd want that technology to allow a group of amateurs to eventually create fan made anime. Although considering the poor financial state of the professional anime industry, I wouldn't mind it lowering production costs over there as well to allow more of the studios to survive.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Rather than some smartphone waifu application, I'd want that technology to allow a group of amateurs to eventually create fan made anime. Although considering the poor financial state of the professional anime industry, I wouldn't mind it lowering production costs over there as well to allow more of the studios to survive.

I can see it being used in VNs first, though there's not exactly a huge push to increase the amount of animation in that format. Maybe it could make it slightly more interactive..

Next step is to make these things holographic with the ability to project them throughout my house. Then they'll truly be virtual waifus. :)

David75
Thu, 08-23-2012, 09:55 AM
There goes any shot Japan has ever had at repopulation.

No problem, they've got iBabies waiting :D

Well, you still need pretty good animators/artits as the guy says. It's not like the tool makes it easy to come up with creative and appealing designs consumers will get attracted to.

Regarding economics, I'm wondering if all of the industry from manga, to franchise, to objects and all is really that bad. Otherwise why bother?
My guess is that parts of the ecosystem are at loss, probably because no one cares, while the rest of the industry is fine...

darkshadow
Thu, 08-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Cool, but these kind of animations have existed for years, kinda surprising it took till now for someone to see a market for it in tablets.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Cool, but these kind of animations have existed for years, kinda surprising it took till now for someone to see a market for it in tablets.

Are you talking about cell-shading, or user-input-changing animations?

darkshadow
Thu, 08-23-2012, 11:00 AM
user inp...what?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-23-2012, 11:18 AM
The way the picture responds "uniquely" to the directions of the user instead of executing pre-set animation patterns?

Kraco
Thu, 08-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Regarding economics, I'm wondering if all of the industry from manga, to franchise, to objects and all is really that bad. Otherwise why bother?

Because that's what they have been doing all their lives and have invested in everything they have? Sure, I reckon individual labourers change frequently enough, for various reasons, but there ought to be a majority of people who stick to the business. Considering the studios, people in commercial business often run their place till they retire (or die), go bankrupt (or are in real danger of), get bought out... It's not like they would suddenly look at the horizon and think: "This is no good, let's change this animation studio into a retirement home for the elderly."

darkshadow
Thu, 08-23-2012, 11:40 AM
there is nothing unique about it, there are just layers that are linked to a number of bones, or links.
Think of it of a skeleton that just moves in the direction of input, whether that is touch, scripted or directionial doesn't really matter.
The art layers are just linked to these skeletons.
Here is an example

http://youtu.be/PIKTHWeW-Vk

Archangel
Tue, 08-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Wasn't david married?

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Exactly.

:p

David75
Wed, 08-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Wife+Waifu
Life's is beautiful isn't it? :D

Animeniax
Wed, 08-29-2012, 01:49 AM
You've been watching too many harem anime.

Kraco
Wed, 08-29-2012, 02:12 AM
You've been watching too many harem anime.

No, he's just a real French man.

Animeniax
Wed, 08-29-2012, 02:25 AM
No, he's just a real French man.

I think you have them confused with MORmans.

David75
Wed, 08-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Wife does not feel Waifu as competition :D