PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 596

Marik
Wed, 08-01-2012, 05:02 AM
[MangaStream] Naruto c.596: Minus (http://min.us/mI3iPKbxI) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/1y2pv4) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/93431930/1)

MangaBurn (http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/89414_a-single-jutsu)

MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/596)

This week's Shonen Jump is a double issue. Next week is Obon Week (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2286.html) in Japan, so no chapter next week.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 08-01-2012, 07:25 AM
let the Obito rambles begin...

how did he survive a rasengan to his arm?

Tofu #2
Wed, 08-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Aight it's obito

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Ok i`ll bite, why would anyone think Tobi = Obito THIS time?

Tofu #2
Wed, 08-01-2012, 08:50 AM
cuz, they got the same justuz!!

just saw this though. 3 more chapters and obito shall rise
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/31-1/naruto-to-reveal-villains-identity-this-month

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM
My hipster prediction: Tobi = Madara`s younger brother.

Assertn
Wed, 08-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Well, I called it on the connection between Kakashi's jutsu and Tobi's phase-shifting. Didn't expect something cool out of it like this, though. Not a bad chapter. Still feels extremely short though.

b1gdawg
Wed, 08-01-2012, 02:26 PM
cuz, they got the same justuz!!

just saw this though. 3 more chapters and obito shall rise
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/31-1/naruto-to-reveal-villains-identity-this-month

Tobi has yet to use a Jutsu. They have similar eye techniques, meaning thats most likely Obito's eye or his ancestors Eye.

toonice714
Wed, 08-01-2012, 09:19 PM
My hipster prediction: Tobi = Madara`s younger brother.
Db hunter already predicted it was uchiha izuna.....
By hipster prediction did u mean steal?

viperwasp
Thu, 08-02-2012, 12:11 AM

I read so many predictions over the past year or two that I don't think anyone can say that a prediction is theres... And anyone who pays attention to who predicted what when it comes to who Tobi is, has issues. lol

Here is a short list of Naruto characters that a lot of people seriously thought Tobi could be! Some of theses are still valid. No I'm not looking up everyones name I will use titles and such if I need to.

The Second Hokage
Madaras brother...
A clone, or something of the sort of Madara.
Obito
Danzo
Yammato
Shisui Uchiha
The Sage of the Six Paths
Various people or someone in the sarutobi family hence the name Tobi.
One of the sons of the Sage of Six Paths
One of the past kages from an other village(Which turned out to be true but we still don't know who he is.)
Some sort of descendant,son or sibling of one of the various people mentioned above in this list.

Many of the above speculations have gone though in depth discussions and at this point I don't care as long as we do eventually find out. I'm beyond speculating myself. However I think we will find out soon enough. My prediction is that we will find out on Chapter 600! (Maybe not...)

I even heard an elaborate speculation that the 10 tailed beast came to exist because of man kinds development in technology. The rain village seems to be the most advanced but that technology is not used. Meaning it's old as if it survived from back when the 10 tailed beast attacked the world. You notice that giant statue almost machine like construction that Pain seemed to be sitting on when he recalled Hidan and Kakuzu after Asumas death? Well each village or various villages and cities used giant machine warriors as sort of guardians and watchers... the rinnigan was constructed from technology, technology that was so advanced that people could steal power from the gods in a sense and or give birth to things like jutsu etc... So on some level the rinnigan is technological and like I said various machine or robots may have been created and or given said rinnigan. Think of some of the rinnigans powers like the shared vision it seems like an automated system so units can share vision or people could use said machine as drones and see what they see. It does not seem like something your exposed to use dead bodies or resurrected bodies with to control them. It was for surveillance or management and or team work. If cities had guardians with rinnigans they could be used to keep a watch and work in a network or relay information to people within the village etc. At some point man kind created something that went out of control and was to powerful. That is the 10 tailed beast... Over the years technology and understanding of technology was lost until the strange unbalanced technology of the current Naruto universe is all that remains. Tobi is some sort of cyborg or construct that managed to survive all theses years.. Blood lines and everything are from water downed abilities and powers that were once created with technology and implanted in people. The reason certain eye types can read certain old text and stuff is because of encryption. A lot of the oldest and most powerful things like the rinnigan in the Naruto universe point toward technology instead of jutsus etc.

This also explains why some of the paths of pain seem almost mechanical... one path even has missiles. Thats because at one point in the technological development people were able to use technology to tap into the spirit world and perhaps other words and draw power to be used in various way.

It was worded and thought out much better and stuff... Back when I read it I was like cool... and I still personally think that theirs some truth to this speculation but not so much the Tobi part. But I never really gave into this speculation and I am only sharing it now for fun. And to point out how many speculations there really are!

P.S That world that Tobi seems to be able to teleport to... Were is it?
I have heard the follow speculations and some of theses are mine.

1.The inside of the moon! If the 10 tailed beast's original body was inside the moon Tobi had to be able to get it.
2. Under the rain village in some sort of technological area or vault.
3. Some sort of other dimension.
4. Just some base of Tobis nothing to special.. oro had many bases himself.

Either way it's a stage place unlike any we have seen anywere else in this series... Tobi stores certain types of body parts there.

Hitokiri
Thu, 08-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Ok i`ll bite, why would anyone think Tobi = Obito THIS time?

Stupid guess, Their names look similar?

b1gdawg
Thu, 08-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Stupid guess, Their names look similar?

More like 1/4 human beings are retarded -_-

Y
Thu, 08-02-2012, 03:05 PM
He has a similar name, he has Obito's eye, and he knows Kakashi and Gai personally. There is literally no other option at this point, barring something silly like Izuna possessing Obito's body and gaining his knowledge (which frankly can't be ruled out at this point, as no option makes sense and is coherent for the timeline). Also, the statement "Tobi has yet to use a jutsu" is laughably stupid.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-02-2012, 07:12 PM

Sorry i couldn`t read each and every naruto thread before posting that, my bad.

He has a similar name, he has Obito's eye, and he knows Kakashi and Gai personally. There is literally no other option at this point, barring something silly like Izuna possessing Obito's body and gaining his knowledge (which frankly can't be ruled out at this point, as no option makes sense and is coherent for the timeline). Also, the statement "Tobi has yet to use a jutsu" is laughably stupid.

Wasn`t he like... 15 by the time Tobi attacked Konoha with the hipnotized nine tails? how did he pulled that off?

Tofu #2
Thu, 08-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Wasn`t he like... 15 by the time Tobi attacked Konoha with the hipnotized nine tails? how did he pulled that off?

why not, isn't naruto 16?

Y
Thu, 08-02-2012, 08:35 PM

Remember how childish and aloof Tobi was in his first appearances? Yes, I know the timeline is funky. For all I know literal time travel shenanigans are involved, or Obito trained inside the pocket dimension that Kamui sends things to. That being said, if it's Izuna Uchiha, why does he make comments about Kakashi and Gai's personal habits? Has he been spying on them or something? Why did he initially act so fucking weird as Tobi? Why pretend to be your dead brother instead of just showing up as yourself, or as someone who WASN'T your dead brother so that no one would make the connection as to who you really are? I acknowledge though that no answer really makes sense and there's going to be some clarification needed whoever it is, but "Izuna stole Obito's eye years after his own death and is also such a douchebag that he bothered to make personal cutting comments to Kakashi and Gai" is out there as well.

Yeah Obito being so young means very little if he gained access to an absurd power source like the Nine Tails.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Yes, but unless he got revived/healed, given a MASSIVE power up + reasons to hate Konoha in less than a year i don`t see how it`s possible. Buuuuut i`ll admit it is pointing at this direction.

Y
Thu, 08-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Yes, but unless he got revived/healed, given a MASSIVE power up + reasons to hate Konoha in less than a year i don`t see how it`s possible.

Literally every Uchiha in the cast has either hated Konoha or at least pretended to in Itachi's case. Maybe he did some reading and decided they sucked? I don't know. As for Obito being dead, that's a problem with any guess at Tobi's identity. Izuna is dead too, and according to the wiki we even see his dead, eyeless body going into the casket in a flashback. Keep in mind that during this arc virtually every named dead individual was returned to life, so someone coming back from the dead in the past isn't exactly a stretch. As for the power up, why do you say he needs one? Keep in mind that nothing Tobi has done actually requires a lot of chakra. Assuming his body is an Uchiha, he can use the spacetime jutsu from Obito's eye much easier than Kakashi can. He mindcontrolled the 9 tails, he didn't overpower it, and in fights he never does shit directly, he just phases out a bunch.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-02-2012, 09:23 PM
What i mean is that in order for him to go from Obito > Tobi, he would need a power up, considering Obito was kinda weak in that flashback. Hmmmm i wonder what the time difference is between Obito`s death and the Kyuubi attack, that should clear some things out.

Y
Thu, 08-02-2012, 11:55 PM
What i mean is that in order for him to go from Obito > Tobi, he would need a power up, considering Obito was kinda weak in that flashback. Hmmmm i wonder what the time difference is between Obito`s death and the Kyuubi attack, that should clear some things out.

What I'm saying is Tobi never directly does anything that would require a massive amount of power. He doesn't shoot huge lasers or create 10,000 copies of himself. All the power in the Gedo Mada statue that he's wielding is stolen. When he attacked the 4th, he killed two random ANBU goons and harassed a pregnant woman, used the Kyuubi to do all the dirty work, and kinda got his ass kicked by Minato. The only thing he ever does is phase in and out of reality, which is an ability that presumably taxes him far less than it does Kakashi. He also summoned a big flame tower that blocked the 8 tails attack but still.

EDIT:

Oh yeah and since one of his arms is made of sludge somehow a Tobi theory has to account for why he is partially not human/a Zetsu/etc.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-03-2012, 04:55 AM
The thing I still have not figured out is how does Tobi's comment about giving the Rinnegan to Nagato fit in to all this, plus his comment about having Nagato use the resurrection path for him.

Y
Fri, 08-03-2012, 12:49 PM
The comment about giving Nagato the Rinnengan was when he was still pretending to be Uchiha Madara. At least part of the timeline we know about Madara/Izuna is a lie. Probably Tobi is a white Zetsu clone of Madara with Izuna and Obito's sharingans traveling through time or something. Who the fuck knows.

EDIT:

If it's Sasuke from the future, I'm instantly, completely done with this manga.

b1gdawg
Fri, 08-03-2012, 02:13 PM

So based on those 3 facts you're convinced that its Obito (who we barely know anything about). A similar name, TOBIrama has a similar name, so does SaruTOBI, it means SHIT. He has Obito's eye, (first of all we don't even know that to be true yet) HE HAS A WALL FULL OF EYES OF DEAD UCHIHA! And he knows Kakashi and Gai Personally, he was 12 when he knew kakashi, so how does he know about "A life full of regret" when he was 12 years old. Tobi's encountered Kakashi several times. Apart from summoning the Gedo Mazo, what justsu's has Tobi used? Everything hes done were eye techniques. His entire fight with Konan, he used Izanagi and stabbed Konan with a rod. How is that "Laughably" stupid.

Y
Fri, 08-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Apart from summoning the Gedo Mazo, what justsu's has Tobi used? Everything hes done were eye techniques. His entire fight with Konan, he used Izanagi and stabbed Konan with a rod. How is that "Laughably" stupid.

Absolutely anything he does is a jutsu, including the eye abilities. He also just summoned a giant pillar of flame in this very chapter, if you were looking for something more traditional.

EDIT:

Like what did you imagine his phasing ability was if not a jutsu. His natural intangibility due to being a ghost?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 08-03-2012, 05:33 PM
So Kakashi is able to hit Tobi by sending the attacks to the "other dimension" that Tobi phases in and out of?

And if Tobi is Obito, then why does the Kyuubi fault Madara for taking control of him 16 years ago?

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-03-2012, 05:46 PM
That said... i don`t think kakashi can do many more techniques, he used Kamui 3 times?

Sidnne
Fri, 08-03-2012, 05:58 PM
So Kakashi is able to hit Tobi by sending the attacks to the "other dimension" that Tobi phases in and out of?

And if Tobi is Obito, then why does the Kyuubi fault Madara for taking control of him 16 years ago?

Kyuubi can't see behind the mask. He only knows that Tobi claimed to be Madara at the time.

Y
Fri, 08-03-2012, 06:05 PM

Yes. Kakashi is hitting him because objects phased out by Kamui end up in the same space Tobi is attempting to occupy when he phases out. This means that Tobi must be really fucking pissed at Kakashi because for months/years he has been dumping random bullshit into his personal dimension.

That said... i don`t think kakashi can do many more techniques, he used Kamui 3 times?

The only reason it hasn't knocked Kakashi out already is so he can identify who Tobi is when the mask comes off.

The only thing we know for an absolute fact is that Tobi is not Uchiha Madara, so you tell me. It's possible we're looking at a Dread Pirate Tobi scenario where multiple people have worn the mask though.

Sidnne
Fri, 08-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Yes. Kakashi is hitting him because objects phased out by Kamui end up in the same space Tobi is attempting to occupy when he phases out. This means that Tobi must be really fucking pissed at Kakashi because for months/years he has been dumping random bullshit into his personal dimension.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing when reading this chapter. I was wondering if Tobi ended up with Deidara's arm and the nail Pein flicked, and whatever other objects Kakashi warped away.

Y
Fri, 08-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Haha, I was thinking the same thing when reading this chapter. I was wondering if Tobi ended up with Deidara's arm

We actually saw Tobi recover Deidara's arm. That's where he got his Akatsuki ring. So this has been foreshadowed for quite some time.

Tofu #2
Fri, 08-03-2012, 06:57 PM
We actually saw Tobi recover Deidara's arm. That's where he got his Akatsuki ring. So this has been foreshadowed for quite some time.

aw i forgot about that and was gonna say that would explain how tobi got a new arm after cutting it off.
but deidaras arm was just on the ground wasnt it?

edit: wait no he got his ring from sasori

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Didn`t Tobi got his ring from Sasori? when did he picked Deidara`s?

Y
Fri, 08-03-2012, 07:00 PM
You're right. Nonetheless, he did recover Deidara's arm.

b1gdawg
Sat, 08-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Absolutely anything he does is a jutsu, including the eye abilities. He also just summoned a giant pillar of flame in this very chapter, if you were looking for something more traditional.

EDIT:

Like what did you imagine his phasing ability was if not a jutsu. His natural intangibility due to being a ghost?

Sorry, he hadn't used any hand sign techniques to that point. Does that help? No Ninjutsu or Genjutsu either. And also, WHY hasn't he used any techniques other than his Dimension travel and that thing in the past chapter is probably something similar to Susanoo but who knows

UChessmaster
Sat, 08-04-2012, 06:53 AM
You don`t have to do hand signs to do a jutsu...

Sidnne
Sat, 08-04-2012, 12:38 PM
And also, WHY hasn't he used any techniques other than his Dimension travel

Because his body was crushed under a rock and Kakashi has one of his eyes.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 08-04-2012, 12:53 PM
If that were the case then how would he go about casting an infinite version of Tsukuyomi with the power of the 10-tails?

toonice714
Sat, 08-04-2012, 03:34 PM

Its no big deal. I actually feel like a jerk now....that could have been presented less sarcastically

UChessmaster
Sat, 08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
No harm done :P

EpyonNext
Sun, 08-05-2012, 06:15 AM
I'm sticking with my Tobi = Obama theory. It's still plausible at this point.

poopdeville
Sun, 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM
We've seen that chakra can get split off and still retain its "character" (like how the stupid Brothers and Tobi got Kyuubi chakra). So what if Tobi is a piece of Madara's chakra he left behind in case he was killed? Maybe it even "possessed" an Uchiha, like an untamed bijuu would.

In this case, the resurrected Madara might have known who Tobi is, but it would have been pointless for him to say. Tobi has been "alive" and knows more about current events than the resurrected Madara, has a plan, etc.

This case would explain why the Kyuubi said he was under Madara's control, why Tobi has called himself Madara, why Tobi hates the Uchiha, how he awakened a Rinnegan, how he is still alive -- switching bodies by possessing people, kind of like Orochimaru, etc.

UChessmaster
Sun, 08-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I`m sure it`ll be a character we know or heard of before, not a piece of chakra.

b1gdawg
Tue, 08-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Because his body was crushed under a rock and Kakashi has one of his eyes.

o yah that 100% explains why he can't use any other jutsu. its not obito. Name Calling Removed.

darkshadow
Tue, 08-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Please refrain from openly insulting other members until you have at least 1000+ posts.

UChessmaster
Tue, 08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
o yah that 100% explains why he can't use any other jutsu. its not obito u fucking moron.

Why do you keep saying he can`t use jutsus? Teleportation is a jutsu, intangibility is a jutsu, summoning ANYTHING (statue include) is a jutsu, summoning a huge fire ring is a jutsu.

And why do you keep saying is not Obito? the possibility is out there.

Sidnne
Tue, 08-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Why do you keep saying he can`t use jutsus? Teleportation is a jutsu, intangibility is a jutsu, summoning ANYTHING (statue include) is a jutsu, summoning a huge fire ring is a jutsu.

And why do you keep saying is not Obito? the possibility is out there.

Because he is 18 years old. He knows everything, and everyone else is stupid.

Y
Tue, 08-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Duh, it makes perfect sense. Tobi-Sasuke can't use any jutsu, because if he does it will create a time paradox when his chakra interacts with his past self. Only the doujutsus work because the Mangekyou Sharingan actually exists outside of spacetime.

UChessmaster
Tue, 08-07-2012, 10:01 PM
What if tobi is Sasuke with Itachi`s eye, possesed by Orochimaru... from the future!?

Sidnne
Tue, 08-07-2012, 11:29 PM
What if tobi is Sasuke with Itachi`s eye, possesed by Orochimaru... from the future!?

No, no, no. Tobi is Sasuke, possessed by Kabuto, who is possessed by Orochimaru, from the future, who went back in time and got Obito's eye, then traveled further back in time to get the Rinnegan from the Sage of 6, then traveled back to the future a little bit to meet Madara, who sent him to the present time to resurrect him in what would be his future, then traveled back in time to become the Mizukage just for shits and giggles, then back in time some more to try to stop Naruto from gaining the Ninetails so as to prevent this whole time traveling thing from becoming necessary... but then got so confused about which time he was from and what his name was, that he decided "screw it, I'm just putting everyone to sleep forever."

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Please refrain from openly insulting other members

What DS said. Don't do it.

This counts as a verbal warning (b1gdawg).

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-08-2012, 07:28 AM
No, no, no. Tobi is Sasuke, possessed by Kabuto, who is possessed by Orochimaru, from the future, who went back in time and got Obito's eye, then traveled further back in time to get the Rinnegan from the Sage of 6, then traveled back to the future a little bit to meet Madara, who sent him to the present time to resurrect him in what would be his future, then traveled back in time to become the Mizukage just for shits and giggles, then back in time some more to try to stop Naruto from gaining the Ninetails so as to prevent this whole time traveling thing from becoming necessary... but then got so confused about which time he was from and what his name was, that he decided "screw it, I'm just putting everyone to sleep forever."

BUT THAT DOESN`T EXPLAINS WHY HE CAN`T USE JUTSUS!!!!! LOL

redcat
Wed, 08-08-2012, 02:50 PM
tobi is ur mom

ForteCross
Wed, 08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
he can still be anyone who we know and wasnt reborned during this war, has a huge collection of sharingans with different eye jutsus and needs all his chacka to use the one he implanted himself at any specific moment

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-08-2012, 03:50 PM
He needs all of his chakra for the sharingan? who`s powering the rinnengan, the summoning statue and that fire pillar and how can he use izanagi?

Confused_Yamato
Fri, 08-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm getting philosophical about this whole Tobi thing... I wonder what we'll talk about after we find out for sure who he is in a few weeks?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-10-2012, 11:50 AM
How awesome/plot hole Naruto is for taking him down?

Sidnne
Fri, 08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm getting philosophical about this whole Tobi thing... I wonder what we'll talk about after we find out for sure who he is in a few weeks?

That discussion will be filled with a lot of haha-I-told-you-so's and omg-Kishi-sucks-at-writing-that's-so-stupid-to-have-him-be-Tobi's

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-10-2012, 05:31 PM
speculations about the nature of Narutos' & Kurama's relationship... that part really didn't get enough focus in the manga.

Kensee
Sat, 08-11-2012, 01:47 AM
speculations about the nature of Narutos' & Kurama's relationship... that part really didn't get enough focus in the manga.

As long as Kurama isn't somehow sucked out of him via some random plot twist ... I hope they are like Killer B and his tailed beast. Word.