PDA

View Full Version : Visual Novel and Light Novel sub-forum

Xelbair
Sun, 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM
I've thought that i would be nice to have this kind of sub-forum.
Some of us play VNs and read light novels - but discussing former in general discussion/anime might spoil the story for people who don't read/play them(in case they get animated), and we can cram in light novels into it so more people would visit the sub-forum.

Plus it might get some of you hooked up to VNs :>

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I agree 100%. It should make it easier to post stuff too because it does not get covered up by the other general discussion threads that get updated frequently.

Munsu
Sun, 07-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Why not use the Books and Manga section? Or do you think it warrants a sub-forum inside the Books and Manga forum?

Going on vacation now, so think on it. I think there's a chance to accommodate.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-09-2012, 03:56 AM
I agree 100%. It should make it easier to post stuff too because it does not get covered up by the other general discussion threads that get updated frequently.

Would that be your main reason for wanting a separate forum instead of putting it in the books/manga section?

I'm happy to do it either way (providing I have the rights), but am also looking for some arguments for/against changing the way things are at the moment.

Munsu
Mon, 07-09-2012, 04:14 AM
(providing I have the rights)

You don't :P

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-09-2012, 05:29 AM
You don't :P

And there you have it. Bud's the man to bash if you don't like how this works out.

/steps back and enjoys

Munsu
Mon, 07-09-2012, 06:14 AM
And there you have it. Bud's the man to bash if you don't like how this works out.

/steps back and enjoys

Why step back, keep discussing. I won't be around this week.

Xelbair
Mon, 07-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Visual novels are more like a games nowadays(VN + other genre mixed up up), so they don't fit into books and manga section(F/SN VN thread is in general anime for example). Light novels could go to the into books and manga - but most of them are 'light' - they should have either been tagged as Light Novels in there(i wouldn't compare light novels to normal novels(except maybe rare few)) or go to the other section.

Plus i think it would be a good place for ppl to look for new series - in Books and Manga a lot of novels could fall into latter pages of the section due to lack of updates. Plus people might not know that Light novels even exist in books and manga section.

There are few smaller sections out there (fairy tail for example - i'm waiting for fillers to end for now but i enjoyed that sub-forum), and why not try it first? like with series en fuego(or what it was called) - it was tested, and then closed down when it turned out to be not so good idea.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-09-2012, 06:46 AM
I guess we could make a poll too.

1) Should Light Novels and Visual Novels get discussion sections? If so, should they be grouped together or separately?

2) Where should these categories reside? Own subforum, childform of Anime section, or Books section, or Manga.. General etc etc.

Any objections?

Xelbair
Mon, 07-09-2012, 07:45 AM
No objections to the polls from me.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-09-2012, 08:22 AM
No objections to the polls from me.

What about any particular considerations that I haven't thought of yet regarding poll options?

Kraco
Mon, 07-09-2012, 09:12 AM
We could have a separate Visual Novel forum between "Books and Manga" and "Naruto". It's not like having one more would wear out anybody's scroll wheel. It could be added whenever Bud or Complich gets around to doing something to the Bleach forum - once we have decided what to do about it. I doubt it will ever grow huge with our dwindling user base, but that's the reality we are living so it can't be helped.

David75
Mon, 07-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm for it 100%

VNs might be the last of the newfoundlands of the subbing comunity ;)
Anime is now too mainstream. So we need a new vast sea, instead of being makeshift pirates. (How's that it sounds like a Morestu pirates pick-up line hehehe :D )

Xelbair
Wed, 07-11-2012, 09:42 AM
for poll #1 i propose
1) Light novels and Visual novels sub-forum FTW!
2) Great idea, but keep them separate
3) bad idea, kill it with fire.

for poll #2
1) they should be a sub-forum of Books and Manga section
2) They should get their own section
3) They should be a sub-forum of Anime section.
if option 2) in poll #1 gets most votes light novels should be a sub section of books and manga, and this poll #2 will apply only to visual novels.

Let the polling begin.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
first poll is posted now.