PDA

View Full Version : Kokoro Connect

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-08-2012, 09:28 AM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9775/554464kokoroconnect.gif

Alternative title:ココロコネクト
Genres: comedy

Plot Summary: The love and teen pentagonal comedy follows the strange phenomena at the Yamahoshi Academy's Culture Club, starting with the five male and female club members switching bodies with each other. -ANN

HorribleSubs - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=329543)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rather easy going and entertaining. I'll give it a go.

Kraco
Sun, 07-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I also think I'll give it at least the second episode. Of course this looks so far to have little but the body switching mystery, I didn't find even the characters particularly striking, but it does have potential as far as the main theme goes. Although I have a low tolerance for really embarrassing stuff, so who knows if I can keep watching this.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Finally got around to watching this. It was entertaining.

But I'll be honest, I dislike the art style for this genre. I'm not really a fan of the Sora no Woto art style for school-life series. It looks really out of place. It worked with cute girls in oversized military uniforms. There's just something...off about it.

What will keep me watching for at least another two episodes is the cast. Toyosaki Aki (Yui from K-ON, Medaka) showed some considerable skill for how naturally she sounded in speaking with a masculine voice. At least some casting directors are starting to recognize that she can do more than just ultra-cutesy voices. Same goes for Mizushima Takahiro (Yahiro from Guilty Crown, Rolo from Geass) playing Taichi with a feminine voice.

Kanemoto Hisako (Sora no Woto, Ika-Musume), Sawashiro Miyuki, and Itou Shizuka playing a lesbian character are icing on the cake.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-14-2012, 11:23 AM
HorribleSubs - Episode 02 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=331652)

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-14-2012, 04:18 PM
I kind of like that they are taking the body swapping as realistic as possible. It's not about freaking out constantly when they switch, or doing perverted things constantly (though they hint at the possibility). These are friends, though not close friends, who are largely considerate of each other given the circumstances they've been thrown in.

They are learning a lot about each other though. (Nagase) Iori's introspective side, which is hidden by her usual happy-go-lucky attitude. The latter seems to largely be a coping mechanism for her unfortunate home circumstances. Everyone sees her as just someone who's happy all the time, but as they swap, and as particularly Taichi is beginning to discover, all that time alone has produced another side to Iori that no one else gets to see.

Also starting to peek out is Yui's fear of men. She's really the only one freaking out when she gets swapped into one of the guys, and she doesn't like any of the guys getting near her, though Aoki is the worst. I can't help but wonder if she got assaulted by some random guy on the streets before, and has been keeping it her deepest secret.

Inaba has issues too, but I imagine they'll get to her later.

The guys seem to be dull in terms of secrets so far. Still, I do like that while he's a little bit of a pervert, Taichi is generally a nice and introspective guy too. He's well-rounded in terms of personality.

All in all, enough to keep me watching. The comedy-relief lesbian is funny, but feels a bit out of place given how contemplative this series has been in overall tone.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-15-2012, 05:36 AM
The guys seem to be dull in terms of secrets so far. Still, I do like that while he's a little bit of a pervert, Taichi is generally a nice and introspective guy too.

You mean Aoiki, right? I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't fully adapted to the personality swaps yet. :D

Regarding your assault theory, it just makes me wonder at how she volunteered to attack Heartseed at the club-room if she fears men. You would expect that she'd rather maintain distance and only use her self defence skills when required for personal safety.

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-15-2012, 06:02 AM
No, I meant what I wrote. Aoki is the supposedly overt pervert. But he's also the one we know the least about.

Taichi regularly watches "Kansai Big Jugs 4" and similar. He also quickly fondled Inori's body, leading to the whole problem with the lesbian class rep. The girls also accuse him of all sorts of other behaviors.

One talks a lot but doesn't do anything, and the other is a known quality of normal perversion.

MasterOfMoogles
Mon, 07-16-2012, 03:12 AM
I like how the explanation for why it is happening is basically, "I'm doing it for the lulz."

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 07-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Yeah me too, I loled like hell at that scene. Ultimately I'm sure there's more to it as I get the impression he's receiving orders from somewhere. That scene also got me a bit excited about this series seeing as it adds an element of danger to the series that can be developed on in any number of ways. I'm not expecting an all out shonen type of series, but I am hoping that this gets REALLY dark.

David75
Mon, 07-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Darke like:
"What happens if A's body is crushed to death under a truck when they are switched with B. Do both die or is A's mind stuck in B's body?"

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I think it should be the latter.

David75
Mon, 07-16-2012, 01:30 PM
I think it should be the latter.

Then it could become even darker if A choses to kill B when they are in B's body... Obviously doing so made-up as an accident.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 07-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Darke like:
"What happens if A's body is crushed to death under a truck when they are switched with B. Do both die or is A's mind stuck in B's body?"

Darke like:

Yeah. I'm not thinking something necessarily gory, but something like, Character A does something Character B doesn't like, so when they body swap, B does something in A's body that ruins A's social life/reputation. A might be sufficiently feeble to consider suicide upon returning to normal. And they wouldn't be doing it just to do it either. This kind of exposition could be used to great effect to explore the relationship between 'body', 'mind', and 'soul' when it comes to the self as a unique entity in a much deeper fashion than they otherwise could. The anime turned a bit creepy for me when Nagased asked Taichi that question.

...I went ahead and got my hopes up...

David75
Mon, 07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
True that there's also the suicide when A is in B's body...

Then, there's also the deadly diseases, fate. For example heartsee entity tells the 5 that one of their bodies is to be unable to sustain life at some point in time.
Thing is they don't know which... if your personality isn't in said body at the fated time, you're good to live some more years. even if not in your original body.

There's death, but you also mentionned suffering. You refered to social problems, true that it can affect all of your life. Even more when it psychologically harms you. Then there are those accidents that have you suffer in your flesh day and night, leave you incapacitated and so on.

So your "darker" idea can open lots of paths. I just wonder if they'll really go there.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
I think the darkest this will go is for the friends to reveal each other's unpleasant pasts, and for some to desire the lives of another - particularly if things start looking permament.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-21-2012, 11:13 AM
HorribleSubs - Episode 03 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=333962)

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 07-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah...doesn't look like they're taking a dark road. After this episode, if they did, I'd feel mislead whereas after episode 2, it felt like they could go that route naturally. Also, I'm wondering how deeply the issues presented are going to be explored. I'm a little worried because it looks like this is turning out to be a Taichi centered harem.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 07-21-2012, 10:32 PM
I love Inaba. Too bad Taichi already likes Iori, but I like her quite a bit too, so it isn't so bad.

I don't mind the harem route if they achieve it like how they did in this episode. I bet the next episode is going to be much more awesome.

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-22-2012, 06:05 AM
No one else felt that the entire time Inaba was describing how Iori needs to be saved and is the closest one to breaking down, that she was actually talking about herself the whole time?

Iori's got problems sure, and always puts up the happy face to shrug it off, but Inaba's not exactly happy herself either. The ones who look the strongest on the outside, are usually the most fragile on the inside (both in anime, and in real life).

Called it on Yui's fear of men. I do kind of wish that Taichi had refused Yui on the details, but instead suggested to her that she tell Aoki. Pervert that he may be, Aoki does care for her and was able to notice it during a switch while Taichi never did. Rather than the series be centered around Taichi, it would have been nice to see another pair discuss things without his direct involvement. Aoki's reaction after figuring it out and getting confirmation from Yui was enough to show that he wouldn't push her, and would stand at her side while she figured it out for herself.

Like Barles said, instead we get a Taichi harem with him trying to solve everyone's problems, but probably failing here and there.

I did smirk at Yui's line about being in the most pain in her life after being kicked in Taichi's balls. She's forgetting something. Men can't give birth. She's got that one to look forward to.

David75
Sun, 07-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Yup, I felt Inaba was needing help. That's why she kept telling Taichi he's clueless, even at the last moment where you could think she also has feelings for him.

Aoki can feel problems, pinpoint them, but can't solve them.
Taichi is totally clueless but can act and seems to solve some problems.

In the end, Yui warms to him, just like Aoki felt it would happen. Taichi being still as clueless as ever.

Yui was right, she never ever felt something as painful... as of yet. But you're right, life has got a suprise for her. But nowadays, meds have solutions for that pain.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 07-22-2012, 07:22 AM
No one else felt that the entire time Inaba was describing how Iori needs to be saved and is the closest one to breaking down, that she was actually talking about herself the whole time?

Iori's got problems sure, and always puts up the happy face to shrug it off, but Inaba's not exactly happy herself either. The ones who look the strongest on the outside, are usually the most fragile on the inside (both in anime, and in real life).

Yeah, for a bit I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't entirely sure. For a second, while they were talking, it looked like she might have a thing for Taichi, but she slipped so quickly and smoothly from being serious to making fun of him I wasn't (and still am not) quite sure what to make of it. I also tried to remember if there were any hints from previous episodes that she might have a thing for him, but nothing came up. Instead, I realized that I know very little about her as compared to the other girls. So even now, I'm not sure if she really meant "Taichi save me!" or "Taichi save Inori!".

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Rather than asking to be saved, I think her weakness just came overflowing while she was seriously concerned about her other friends. It also pissed her off how Taichi was so clueless when everyone else was having a lot more trouble than they were showing, particularly herself.

I love characters like that.

This does not necessarily mean this will become a harem. The other pairing is actually possible now because Taichi somewhat resolved the fear of men issue. Inaba also knows that Taichi likes Iori, so a love triangle is unlikely to form.

David75
Sun, 07-22-2012, 09:20 AM
I guess you can feel there's something wrong with Inaba when she speaks of Irori's troubles, because of her seriousness and tone that let you know she knows what she's talking about. She either endured or is enduring events as or even more painful than her friend.
It's particularly true for teenagers that do not have much life experience to be able to talk so deeply/seriously on those subjects. If they do, something might be wrong with them too.

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I also tried to remember if there were any hints from previous episodes that she might have a thing for him, but nothing came up. Instead, I realized that I know very little about her as compared to the other girls. So even now, I'm not sure if she really meant "Taichi save me!" or "Taichi save Inori!".
Indeed. We know that she comes from a wealthy family, but doesn't talk to them. She comes home and goes straight to her room, and leaves for school without saying much to them either. That's about it. I don't even know if any of the others have switched into Inaba while she's at home. Most of the swaps where she's involved are at school.
This does not necessarily mean this will become a harem. The other pairing is actually possible now because Taichi somewhat resolved the fear of men issue. Inaba also knows that Taichi likes Iori, so a love triangle is unlikely to form.
Depends on whether or not Yui put Taichi into the FriendZone or not. It seems that way, but you never know.

David75
Sat, 07-28-2012, 02:33 PM
[HorribleSubs] Kokoro Connect - 04 [720p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=336077)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little deeper ep.
Regarding masturbation, it is sure something at that age... but so insignificant in the long run.

Even if the show doesn't go that route, they still get in touch with darker subjects.

The preview seems to even include the suicide idea we talked about before. What happens then, when you switch bodies right before dying. It also works with accidents, natural death (hidden disease), but is less likely at that age.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Was Inaba serious?

I could never do that. Never. Ever. (tell anyone, that is.. not the action).

@David: I think it's a big deal no matter what age we're talking about.. >_>

David75
Sun, 07-29-2012, 02:16 AM
Was Inaba serious?

I could never do that. Never. Ever. (tell anyone, that is.. not the action).

@David: I think it's a big deal no matter what age we're talking about.. >_>

It sure isn't something you'd say out of the blue. But it's not like it would kill your social image as much as he implied it would.
In most cases, people just wouldn't react much as they are the same >_>

Regarding Inaba telling Taichi, I do not see her lying about it. It's just that it never was not a big deal. Private matter sure, but not as big of a deal as it is for Taichi. But telling him, she also helps Taichi getting over it, kinda like a thanks for his help.

Funny was how Inaba's fears were totally unfounded. Even Taichi was suprised at how the others came over it as if it was almost nothing and just moved on to other daily life topics :D

Now regarding the story, we do explore the girls' problems, but for now we get nothing about the two boys. I guess they'll probably need a great deal of help. Particularly Taichi, the selfless freak.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-29-2012, 09:08 AM
It sure isn't something you'd say out of the blue. But it's not like it would kill your social image as much as he implied it would.
In most cases, people just wouldn't react much as they are the same >_>

I wouldn't be so sure.. everyone does it (or perhaps they do?), but knowing for sure that someone does it and who their "material" is makes for some embarrassing whisper material as you make your way around the school.

Depends on how "open" everyone is about it I guess, so perhaps it's as you say.

Imagine getting caught in the act due to a body swap... now that would cause some ruckus. :)

David75
Sun, 07-29-2012, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't be so sure.. everyone does it (or perhaps they do?), but knowing for sure that someone does it and who their "material" is makes for some embarrassing whisper material as you make your way around the school.

Depends on how "open" everyone is about it I guess, so perhaps it's as you say.

Imagine getting caught in the act due to a body swap... now that would cause some ruckus. :)

We've had that so many times in Stargate Universe, that it is almost the only thing I remember from this short live show... Not the ruckus but the body swap sex.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-29-2012, 08:10 PM
I am seriously in love with Inaba. Frank, distrustful, and insane.

Shit gets real in the next episode. Can't wait for it.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 08-02-2012, 04:17 AM
I am seriously in love with Inaba. Frank, distrustful, and insane.

Shit gets real in the next episode. Can't wait for it.

Agreed. If all of that stuff you mentioned didn't do it before, that admission to masturbating to Taichi right to his face did it. I knew a girl just like that back in college. Should've went for it.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-02-2012, 06:28 AM
I knew a girl just like that back in college.

A girl who masturbates to you?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 08-02-2012, 07:47 AM
A girl who masturbates to him AND admitted it to his face.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 08-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Lol, sort of. Freshman year, after having met during a summer program, a group of us were walking to a dining hall from class. One of the girls mentioned that the guys in the group would remain virgins forever for being such nerds. I asked "Why would you curse us so? Then please forgive me if I use the lot of you for jerk-off material." The girl I mentioned in the previous post responded with "Oh no problem, I'll be doing the same," palmed and grabbed her tit, while biting her lower lip and glancing sideways at me. That image is forever branded onto my psyche. Granted, she was fucking with me, but her personality really was like Inaba's: no bullshit, take no prisoners, constantly guarded.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-04-2012, 07:44 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 05 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=338425)

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 08-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Oh that episode fucked with me fiercely! When Heartseed showed up and said "Damn, you guys are boring" I started laughing because, well, they were. Then he did what he did and I was shocked and saddened like hell but I couldn't stop laughing. That was a weird place to be in...

Anyway, it's been awhile since I've been so happy at a happy "ending", even though it certainly was a possibility. I just had no faith in it, considering how the story could've developed had Iori actually died. It would've been great. However, there are 7 episodes left, and heartseed seems to be a decent fellow. I can't imagine the series beginning to suck and be pointless, so I'm looking forward to see how they keep up the quality.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Ibana's crazy laugh at the end..

Too bad she's currently either left without a pairing or would be thrown into a love triangle with Iori.

I rather like Iori's character in Ibara's shell too..

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Who the hell is Ibana/Ibara?

I am fine with her being single. Makes it possible to make her my waifu.

It's only just begun.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Who the hell is Ibana/Ibara?

I am fine with her being single. Makes it possible to make her my waifu.

It's only just begun.

Fine.. sorry, I-na-ba. >_>

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-11-2012, 09:20 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=340829)

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 08-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh sure, lets go ahead and intensify the emotions of a bunch of high school juniors. Sounds like a great idea what could go wrong? Heartseed has an awesome sense of humor.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh sure, lets go ahead and intensify the emotions of a bunch of high school juniors. Sounds like a great idea what could go wrong? Heartseed has an awesome sense of humor.

Funnily enough it's Inaba who wants to jump on top of someone and not the Aoki. Heartseed did say last time that he wouldn't do anything to "inconvenience" innocent people, but I wonder how that'd work. Taichi could well have smashed the glasses girl if Inaba wasn't there. Had they both wanted to smash the glasses chick.. she'd be dead or something.

David75
Sun, 08-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Fell in love with Inabang...

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 08-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Fell in love with Inabang...

Welcome to the party xD. Inaba will be seeing admirers in the room on over to our left. Grab some snacks and other refreshments as we head on over to take you to the back of the line.

David75
Sun, 08-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Don't worry, she's a minor. I can wait till she's ripe, adult, and knows what she needs/wants ;)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-18-2012, 11:35 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 07 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=342946)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-25-2012, 11:13 AM
HorribleSubs - Episode 08 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=345414)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-01-2012, 11:10 AM
HorribleSubs - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=347709)

--------------------------------

Heartseed.. just go watch some drama shows if you want some love triangles as entertainment. No need to mess with people.

+1 for Inaban's choice of black straps across her chest.

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-03-2012, 05:26 AM
I have to admit, I was rooting for Heartseed during that scene. Inaba thinks she's so smart, but like he said, she's just isolating herself in a way that she made herself believe would keep him from interfering. But he makes the rules, so he can change them whenever he likes. Moreover, like he said, she's hiding herself in a "room" anyway, so he doesn't really have to change any rules. Inaba staying away from the other four isn't going to make things any better. In fact, it's more likely to make the other ones lash out trying to help her. Even Yui was willing to listen to them every once in a while. Inaba just shuts everything out and tries to go into full zen mode.

In the end, she's hurting herself the most, because she's so socially isolated in the first place. No wonder she wants to maintain the status quo, it's all she has.

The only problem I have is why she was so insistent on pushing Iori and Taichi together in the first place, particularly if she wants him so badly. I get that Inaba felt Iori was suffering and would finally have a shot at happiness if Iori had someone as selfless as Taichi after all she's gone through...but Taichi and Iori would have had the, "You are Iori" conversation anyway, so she would have been fine.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I have to admit, I was rooting for Heartseed during that scene. Inaba thinks she's so smart, but like he said, she's just isolating herself in a way that she made herself believe would keep him from interfering. But he makes the rules, so he can change them whenever he likes. Moreover, like he said, she's hiding herself in a "room" anyway, so he doesn't really have to change any rules. Inaba staying away from the other four isn't going to make things any better. In fact, it's more likely to make the other ones lash out trying to help her. Even Yui was willing to listen to them every once in a while. Inaba just shuts everything out and tries to go into full zen mode.

Given the situation, I'm rooting for Heartseed as well because Inaba was pretty much just running away from it. Overall, I'd still say Heartseed's in the wrong for messing with people was what I was trying to say.

The stuff discussed this episode suggested that Inaba was more interested about "keeping" her friends rather than actually caring about the friends per se. That's what I took from the comment that she's trying to preserve the "atmosphere". It probably comes from the fact that this is as close to having friends as she's ever had, and she doesn't want to lose those relationships. Since entering into a love triangle could jeopardise that, Inaba decided to dismiss her own feelings.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-08-2012, 09:09 PM
horriblesubs - Episode 10 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=350240)

David75
Sun, 09-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Bastard Taïchi getting 2 hot girls all for himself... And he's called a selfless freak. He's a downright playboy!

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-09-2012, 08:02 PM
I hope Iori gets dumped because of her "I want to keep our current distance" approach towards Taichi.

I wonder how Inaba's character is going to change in the coming episodes. It is pretty hard to act arrogant and cold when everyone knows you are head over heels about the person.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I had mixed feelings this episode.. mostly negative. The entire episode felt long and drawn out. The lecture droned on, either because it was boring, monotonous or I already knew what would happen. The only redeeming factor for me was seeing Inaba's smile at the end to say that this wasn't all for nothing.

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
The only redeeming factor was Iori chewing out Inaba, and all the while Inaba thought Iori was just having an "episode." From Iori's reaction to Inaba suggesting that, and the lack of reaction when her verbal assault ended, Iori wasn't having an episode.

It started with a look of her steeling herself, not a snap like we've always seen. Iori ended it with a sigh, not a look of shock, as they have done before. Inaba forgot (or perhaps never knew, and only Taichi does) that Iori is better than anyone else at putting on a realistic act in front of others. Several personas and variations.

Inaba might think she's insightful, but in terms of empathy, she pales in comparison to Iori, who has had years of practice judging the feelings of others and choosing the appropriate one. She knew that the only way to get Inaba to admit her own feelings and get past her fears was to force her.

Idealistic
Thu, 09-13-2012, 12:02 AM
WOW. I really like this show. I was just gonna watch an episode or so, but then I thought it was really good so I ended up marathoning all the way to ep 10 last night.

Inaba is awesome.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Why the hell does everyone like Inaba?

Can't you guys stop riding the bandwagon?

David75
Thu, 09-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Why the hell does everyone like Inaba?

Can't you guys stop riding the bandwagon?

She's quite cool with talking about sex. Her kiss reaction was great too, like her behavior when her instincts were first unleashed. Her character is quite compatible with people spending too much of their time on the internet and watching anime about High-School life or the likes...

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Please take a look at my sig and avatar. I obviously wasn't seriously asking.

You're reasons are way different from mine so your reply is interesting anyway.

David75
Thu, 09-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I was not that serious or had such a tone, was I?

There's her character too, after all she should overcome her flaws when she matures. As a fictionnal character she won't though, but a real life grown-up Inaba would be a very interresting woman.

David75
Sat, 09-15-2012, 02:35 PM
[HorribleSubs] Kokoro Connect - 11 [1080p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=352638)

---------------------------------------

Too bad I'll never have children, I'd love being the father of a cute little Inaba.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 09-15-2012, 05:49 PM
I really did not realize that the kids at the beginning of the episode were Iori, Yui and Aoki. When I finally did, my brain exploded from the adorableness. On another note, I don't see how this'll end satisfactorily in one episode. I'm not saying its going to be bad, but I'm prepping myself for feeling like there should've been more.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Doesn't this have 13 episodes?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Doesn't this have 13 episodes?

That's what I've read.

The ED clearly shows Taichi in his younger form, but the fact that he's not written on the board suggests it's not the intentions of Heartseed #1 (assuming he's behind this) to reverse his time, though #2 seems to think it's possible. The ED song seems too "cool" for this show, but that's alright.

David75
Sun, 09-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Well, I guess that Heartseeds can always have Taïchi think he'll not regress and still do it to make fun of him.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Well, I guess that Heartseeds can always have Taïchi think he'll not regress and still do it to make fun of him.

That can happen. I'm guessing either Taichi doesn't have any childhood trauma (unlikely), or he's got one so severe/unique that he'll have to wait his turn and have everybody supervise/"cure" him when he regresses (more likely).

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-16-2012, 11:20 AM
The teenage Iori is pretty frightening, being able to manipulate the current Inaba. She still does not hold a candle to loli Inaba's explosive moe though.

This show ending is going to be extremely heartrending for me.

Idealistic
Sun, 09-16-2012, 11:50 AM
^^ I liked the old sig better. :D

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-22-2012, 01:36 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 12 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=354831)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-29-2012, 11:17 AM
HorribleSubs - Episode 13 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=356884)

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Wait, does the mention of the next arc in the last part mean that there is a second season?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Wait, does the mention of the next arc in the last part mean that there is a second season?

I haven't heard of any confirmation.

I suppose that ending was satisfactory. It didn't feel like we covered enough to have some sort of fulfilling ending fit for a true finale. Maybe if the series ended on one of the first two Heartseed events it would have felt a bit more "complete".

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-09-2012, 04:23 AM
"Four additional episodes will be released in March and April 2013 on DVD and Blu-ray Disc." from Wiki

And here we have the true end, and an amazing ending it will be. I just finished reading the 4th volume of the light novel, and I can't wait to see it animated.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-01-2013, 08:55 AM
14 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=388521)
15 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=388522)
16 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=388564)
17 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=388565)

Couldn't have asked for a better New Year.

Oh wait, there's also Nekomonogatari Kuro...

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 01-01-2013, 11:04 AM
You've been the bearer of good news these past couple of days. Thanks dude.

Well damn, those episodes are better than everything that came before, making for a wonderful end. I nearly choked while laughing when Iori started putting Inaban in her place in that first episode (episode 14). I'm a big fan of the new Iori, which frankly is really the same as the old Iori, minus the self-censoring. I also kind of feel bad that she didn't end up with Taichi, but by the time all of this was done, it just wouldn't have made sense for either of them.

Idealistic
Wed, 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM
I thought we weren't getting these til spring or something? Not complaining though!

That was an awesome ending.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Dereban.

Nuff said.

David75
Wed, 01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
A real life Inaban, 10 years older, would be a major SexNuke :D A weapon of mass seduction

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-02-2013, 08:23 PM
A real life Inaban, 5 years younger, would be...

Great.

I really love how this show manages to make sappy drama scenes interesting, funny, and even touching. The way it is weaved into the supernatural phenomenon is done well, and even if the ideas aren't exactly original they properly executed.

It is also good how the previous arcs actually changed the characters. Taichi probably changed the least, but even then, he has become a lot less stubborn and finally managed to admit to his feelings for Inaba. The old him would never do that just out of a false sense of loyalty towards his old love.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
I realize that's probably a troll, but even so...it's chilling.

I think the thing about Iori is that his feelings were actually real, but for an Iori that didn't really exist as he knew her. I don't think it was a sense of loyalty. What did make it seem that way though was the fact that Iori was doing a lot of pulling away from him while Inaba was doing everything she could to get closer to him. It would've been interesting to see how things developed if Iori had sought to improve her relationship with Taichi in a similar way. It would be an unhealthy prospect to say the least though, considering the deception she was perpetrating.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-02-2013, 11:57 PM
What I meant was Taichi was the type that does not go out with the friends of former lovers, at least not so soon. He was stubborn about such things. Now he has changed and is able to do just that.

I believe their feelings for each other were real too. They said as much in that white space.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't quite get the fascination with Kokoro Connect. After the first arc, it has been extremely repetitive. New supernatural scheme, one character gets a minor bit of character development. First Yui, then Inaba, then Iori, then Aoki, and finally more Iori and Inaba. Tachi either got a smattering throughout, or none at all, depending on your point of view.

Only Iori has been an interesting as a character at all. Inaba hasn't really panned out to be much of anything. She has no personality to speak of. She's not tsundere, she's all over the board. The last four episodes were even worse in terms of a consistent characterization for her. Taichi is generic male lead #1254, and Aoki was generic male supporting character #45326. Yui makes next to no impression at all.

Throughout the series, I found myself wondering when each episode was ever going to end. I can't remember many other series where I've paused episodes for hours multiple times per episode.

It's a 6/10 series at best. I will forget I ever watched it in under a year. Hell, I forgot that I had never watched episode 13.

It has been Kaibutsu-kun, yet stunningly somehow blander, the supernatural element being the driver of any character development, rather than any kind of actual story.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-03-2013, 08:31 PM
I like Kokoro Connect because of the characters, particularly Inaba and Iori (who I used to hate until these 4 episodes). I can really relate to those two characters, so there is definitely bias there, but even putting that aside Kokoro Connect is much better than most other school comedy/drama shows.

Inaba is actually more realistic as a character because she doesn't fall into a single archetype. Taichi is probably the most generic and unrealistic of all of them.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-07-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't see the connection between Kokoro Connect and Kaibutsu-kun, but I enjoyed the former more because I feel that it actually did somewhere (even if the answer is "It's okay to be myself" most of the time).

I like Kokoro Connect because of the characters, particularly Inaba and Iori (who I used to hate until these 4 episodes). I can really relate to those two characters, so there is definitely bias there

Me too. If Kokoro Connect happened in real life, I would imagine I'd run into much the same problems as Iori here. I don't feel confident in saying that I could have reached a resolution.

As for my impressions on the last 4 episodes, it's pretty much as Barles says:

Well damn, those episodes are better than everything that came before, making for a wonderful end. I nearly choked while laughing when Iori started putting Inaban in her place in that first episode (episode 14). I'm a big fan of the new Iori, which frankly is really the same as the old Iori, minus the self-censoring. I also kind of feel bad that she didn't end up with Taichi, but by the time all of this was done, it just wouldn't have made sense for either of them.

I have some mixed feelings about how it finally ended up. It's entirely expected that Taichi/Iori's relationship would end the way it did. From a realistic point of view, I have no problems with it at all.(On a personal scale, I felt bad for Iori..) The main thing was that Taichi's words prior to the white-space talk gave me the impression that he not only still loved Iori, but he loved her to the same degree even now. "Betrayed" would be the best word to describe how I felt about the sudden "I loved you. Loved"

The "reset" also didn't end up rebuilding a love-triangle, which further supports the point that Taichi doesn't love the new Iori in the same manner he did with the old one.

Talking about old/new, what confuses me (and to a degree, pisses me off) is how similar New Iori is compared to Old Iori. If the "real" one was so similar to the ideal one, there wouldn't have been such clashes of dark thoughts in the first place. New Iori should have been someone more .. different.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I think Iori isn't really any newer than before. She just managed to recharge her acting gauge.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
I think Iori isn't really any newer than before. She just managed to recharge her acting gauge.

I'm tempted to interpret it that way too, but then that would mean this was all for nothing (except breaking up Iori/Taichi).

One would also think that Heartseed would have had to be satisfied with some sort of resolution within Iori for him to feel like drawing the curtains..

The arc visibly changed the bully-girl more than it did Iori. :s

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Talking about old/new, what confuses me (and to a degree, pisses me off) is how similar New Iori is compared to Old Iori. If the "real" one was so similar to the ideal one, there wouldn't have been such clashes of dark thoughts in the first place. New Iori should have been someone more .. different.

Iori is only "new Iori" to everyone who is not Iori. I initially missed the point of what her problem was. I thought she had identity issues in trying to figure out who she really was. Going back to those episodes with the information from the last 4 we just got, it wasn't quite that. The whole time she was really worried about was how she was perceived by others. She was always crystal clear on who she really was. So in essence, she was lying about who she was.

This is why Taichi couldn't have possibly been in love with her anymore. Not because the "real Iori" is someone Taichi could not love, but because she's essentially a stranger. He doesn't don't know her, none of them do. I'm with you though, I felt a pang when Taichi said "loved". Such an unfortunate cost for the choices she's made. For what it's worth, she's awesome enough to not have to worry about finding an excellent mate.

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I just can't understand why any of you thought the last four episodes were good.

I still can't get past the fact that they used a great deal of the plot points right out of the Paint by Numbers Guide to Shoujo Manga, and it was even in order.

Some random bitch character appears, offended that her chosen random character loves one of the currently depressed or quiet female leads (here played by Iori), and proceeds to bully her to excess. Female lead shrugs it off, convinced they'll eventually get over it. The bullies even going so far as to destroy [club project] everyone has been working on, and they're devastated by it. Right on cue, the bullied female appears, gets all fired up about the injustice, and runs off in angry vengeance. Then the same tired, cliché role switches to Inaba, who, angry and fired up, finds the people responsible, who are of course delinquents...and promptly gets kidnapped and taken to a nearby abandoned warehouse/school building! At some point the delinquents threaten her with humiliation and/or rape. The whole group of friends goes to the rescue, bullying girl finds herself in over her head, and due to a creative bit of acting by the female lead (once again played by Iori), they're all saved and the bad guys defeated. Following this, thinking everything is over, one of the male leads gets attacked in revenge in a brutal manner, protecting one of the girls. The next segment of the series shows the repentant bullying girl now the female lead's closest ally.

Seriously...this garbage storyline is everywhere.

Even the most tame and fluffy shoujo manga series are better written than this. This last arc had quite possibly the most unoriginal plot I've seen in an anime created after 2003.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 01-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I just can't understand why any of you thought the last four episodes were good.

I don't know if I can objectively call them good, but they were personally enjoyable to watch - and I had a much better connection with these 4 episodes than I had with the earlier episodes.

Iori is a character I seem to empathise with (that doesn't happen often), and I found myself sharing her dilemma and frustration. Every time someone asks her where her "normal self" was, I was internally shouting at them to observe properly instead of using their definition of "normal". If I was Iori, I'd really feel like saying it all in their face, but I'd ultimately keep my lips shut like she did because I would perceive the explanation as futile and a waste of effort anyway.

I was also eagerly waiting for the resolution she'd reach, which is why I'm disappointed that the solution wasn't a solution at all.

O yeah, in short I liked the Iori angst, with Inaban Dereban filling some gaps here and there to balance things out a bit.

I'm also on the opposite side to you Ryll, on the Shoujo exposure scale.

MFauli
Fri, 01-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Iīd give it a 5/10, tbh. Itīs entirely generic, forgettable.

I kinda watched 2/3 of this anime while browsing the web or chatting with people, yet I donīt feel like I missed anything of importance. None of the characters made me care much for him/her. Nagaseīs resolution was completely random, nothing that happened triggered anything that hadnīt been told to her before, yet suddenly she changed back from her emo-self. whatever.

I donīt regret watching it, but itīs not a must-see either.