PDA

View Full Version : Game: Guild Wars 2

LaZie
Sun, 07-01-2012, 12:49 AM
Although related to Guild Wars 1 story-wise and set in the same world in the distant future, Guild Wars 2 is a completely different game from its predecessor. The world is not instanced and everyone shares the same open world and town. Done away are the "holy-trinity" of classes and everyone is responsible for themselves. Only a one-time fee to purchase the game and there are no monthly fees.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

Release Date: August 28th, 2012

I currently have it on pre-order and the game absolutely looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRrtwLY7v2w&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9uOXmTM16M&feature=player_detailpage#t=55s

oyabun
Thu, 09-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Anyone playing GW2? I'm currently playing on Sorrow's Furnace server. The game is pretty sweet. I really like the events, meta events and the PVP. It encourage people to join events rather than to grind endlessly. The instance system is cool too, Your world or your local area can get overrun by the enemy. In my case its the centaurs around Beetlerun.

I am rolling a Thief at lvl 20 currently.

Who else is playing here? I'm really having a hard time balancing time now that TL2 came out.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 09-20-2012, 10:48 PM
lol, yeah I'm having that exact same problem. GW2 vs. TL2...it's a damned good problem to have though. And thanks to these two games, I can say goodbye to blizzard, period.

oyabun
Fri, 09-21-2012, 12:08 AM
lol, yeah I'm having that exact same problem. GW2 vs. TL2...it's a damned good problem to have though. And thanks to these two games, I can say goodbye to blizzard, period.

Amen to that! What class are you playing?

LaZie
Fri, 09-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Add me Niquid Litrogen

oyabun
Fri, 09-21-2012, 01:31 AM
I think you should give me your account name, the one with the numbers, not the character name. Mine is oyabun.3196

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 09-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Amen to that! What class are you playing?

I'm playing a mesmer. It's lvl 25 atm. I should do something about hitting lvl 80.

LaZie
Fri, 09-21-2012, 11:08 AM
In that case its NiquidLitrogen.6593

deathnightwc3
Tue, 09-25-2012, 10:53 AM
I haven't played GW2 since BL2 and TL2 came out :<

animus
Tue, 09-25-2012, 12:31 PM
I started GW2 with a bunch of friends but they've kinda stopped playing, while I'm the only that still plays a bit. I sPVP and WvWvW whenever I have some alone time. I'll play Borderlands 2 with this one particular friend if his schedule allows, and then I play Torchlight 2 with my cousin (because he bought a 4 pack and gave me a copy).

I still really really like GW2, but it's kinda disheartening for me at least to see the population in somewhat of a decline.

deathnightwc3
Tue, 09-25-2012, 02:02 PM
I went and got Borderlands 2 for $37 preorder, I'm quite happy with. I kinda wish I didn't pay $60 for deluxe edition of GW2 tho, since it's not worth the extra money for what you get imo. Plus you can eventually get it through ingame currency to Gem currency trading. Edit* You can buy the upgrade to deluxe with Gem(real money) currency.

Oh yeah, forgot something big too. I bought the game exactly one week before Borderlands 2, and in that time, my account already got hacked. Funny enough, I changed my password to the account upon activating GW2, so I'm not sure how they managed to get the PW. Lucky enough tho, if they don't access the account from your general area, they are blocked and you get noticed via email of the intrusion and ask you to change you pw. They even tell you where they were accessing from.

Alhuin
Fri, 10-05-2012, 07:35 PM
For the first few weeks, I played almost nonstop (excluding work of course). Several friends of mine (both real life and that I met through League) started up a guild and were having fun. I had been wanting to get back into the mmo scene, but I didn't want to pay 15$ a month for WoW or SWToR, so I was actually very happy with GW2. I leveled a Necromancer to 80, and I also have a level 40 Guardian and level 21 Thief.

However, I've gotten bored recently. Most of my friends stopped playing, and I don't have the time, or the motivation, to grind the dungeons (which are harder now) in order to get the "cool" exotic gear. I can't WvWvW because my computer lags out, and sPvP just bores me. That's why I started my Guardian two weeks ago. At least leveling hasn't completely lost it's luster.

Anyways, I try to log on quite often, even if I don't have anything I want to do, so if anyone wants to add me, my account is Alhuin.4958.

LaZie
Tue, 10-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Any other GotWooters playing GW2? Please post your account name so we can add you. Just finished dungeoning with Alhuin for some good fun and looking for other Wooters to party with!

Alhuin
Tue, 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM
I finally regained interest in my Necro. Going with a Power build. The damage is insane, for a caster class. Running with the zerg in Straits, I was getting crits upwards of 6k with relative easy on some abilities, and 3k with auto attacks. I know that may not seem like a lot, but when your main focus as a class is either minions or DoT, then you start to realize. Of course, in dungeons it performs slightly less, because of the level drops.

But yes, dungeoning last night was a lot of fun. It definitely went smoother than the TA run I had done earlier, with me, three Mesmers, and a Ranger. Talk about squish city.

KrayZ33
Tue, 10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
KrayZee.5104

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-21-2012, 10:20 PM
What's the easiest story mode dungeon? 2 friends and I are planning on doing one with only three people, so we wanted to try the easiest one first.

The team consists of a thief, a warrior, and a ranger.

KrayZ33
Sun, 10-21-2012, 10:49 PM
difficult to say

I'd try the low level ones because after all, your gear will help you out there

LaZie
Mon, 10-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Consensus says Caudecus's Manor for story mode is easiest.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Thanks. Will do it tomorrow.

Sapphire
Tue, 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Everyone gets to give out 3 free invites for the event from the 15th-18th.

I have 1-2 more invites. Who wants?

animus
Wed, 11-14-2012, 10:26 AM
What the? Wasn't there already another thread for GW2?

KrayZ33
Wed, 11-14-2012, 11:42 AM
I think so too, but maybe it was just the "games you recently played" one

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
There was. Merge?