PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 265

Marik
Thu, 05-31-2012, 06:10 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 265: 1080p (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:DDCD24B2A37D2D08B53A78323E809 CAEB3EAE5FB&dn=[HorribleSubs]%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20265%20[1080p].mkv&tr=http%3a//open.nyaatorrents.info%3a6544/announce) | 720p (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5C3228CE5E160CBB51926B665E193 7997313D8F1&dn=[HorribleSubs]%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20265%20[720p].mkv&tr=http%3a//open.nyaatorrents.info%3a6544/announce) | 480p (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:141FE1B202E19D27B7ABB9B291D27 20527117C22&dn=[HorribleSubs]%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20265%20[480p].mkv&tr=http%3a//open.nyaatorrents.info%3a6544/announce)

Kraco
Thu, 05-31-2012, 08:03 AM
It would seem wise to send a crack team to take out Kabuto, rather than to fight all the zombies one by one.

TNTxTNT
Thu, 05-31-2012, 08:38 AM
It would seem wise to send a crack team to take out Kabuto, rather than to fight all the zombies one by one.

Do they even know he's behind it though?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Or where he is?

Anyway, freaking awesome episode! I thought all four of the zombies were awesome enough, and then BAM! Seven Sword Lords!

I don't understand why Kisame isn't in that group though.

I'm curious as to how tough the Swordmen will be when several of them don't have their swords. We know Bee is using Samehada. And the Mizukage's bodyguard has another one. Not sure how Zabuza seems to have gotten his back from Suigetsu.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-31-2012, 10:57 AM
I don't understand why Kisame isn't in that group though.

No body, no summon. But I know what you mean.

From the preview last time, I thought they'd make Haku even more feminine, but I was wrong. He was a total trannie here with his wider frame and more masculine way of speaking (way more than what I last remember from him) with make-up on his face..

If I wasn't over him before this, I sure am now.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-31-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't remember him wearing lipstick though previously.

No body, no summon.Granted but, if you're going to summon the Seven Sword Lords, and you don't have one of the Lords, why do you still have seven guys?

EDIT: Then I realized that one of the guys was the guy Kisame killed and took Samehada from. So obviously this group is all the previous Seven Sword Lords, and not the most recent ones.

But that just brings us back to the question of "What good are the previous Seven Sword Lords without any of their magic swords?"

David75
Thu, 05-31-2012, 02:35 PM
It was already the same with Sassori.
Though a master, he's clearly at a disadvantage not having his puppets and not being able to use his chackra threads to his best, since having a body means tying most threads to it.

More over, no matter how great a ninja they were at the time of their death, they were still defeated. And in most cases at the peak of their art.
In the time beetween their death and their reanimation, everyone else has grown and got stronger... at least in the show as it is.
So fighting someone who already defeated you after they got even stronger and you at best are still the same or even weaker...

Kraco
Thu, 05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
More over, no matter how great a ninja they were at the time of their death, they were still defeated. And in most cases at the peak of their art.

This time they are undying zombies, though. Defeat them and they just rise again. Unless you can make them reach nirvana...

unandpw
Thu, 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM
We don't know if they were defeated at their peak. Both Itachi and Kimimaro died while afflicted with some incurable disease. There's nothing in the way for them now.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-31-2012, 11:13 PM
That reminds me, that whole "freaking people out by animating their loved ones" works both ways doesn't it?

What's Sasuke going to do when he finds Itachi walking around out there?

Kraco
Fri, 06-01-2012, 03:20 AM
What's Sasuke going to do when he finds Itachi walking around out there?

Go and turn Kabuto into a living torch of black flames? Either that or nothing. For all his fame as a ninja, he really does follow his feelings, not his wits.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-01-2012, 12:06 PM
So Kabuto said that killing the user of the Reanimation Jutsu doesn't end the effect.

Does that mean if they just kill him, all these character are just alive as immortal zombies forever?

Wouldn't that be a GOOD thing? I mean, it seems like he brought back more good guys than bad guys.

unandpw
Fri, 06-01-2012, 12:40 PM
They'd still be under the control of the talisman that he put in their heads.

Kraco
Fri, 06-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Until proven otherwise I'd say that was just bullshit. Or even if it wasn't, the zombies would likely run out of batteries or rot away otherwise in a short enough time. Besides, Kabuto seems to need to exert considerable effort to keep them in check and fighting instead of chatting and reminiscing, so without him, great many of them would be next to useless for the war.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Or even if it wasn't, the zombies would likely run out of batteries or rot away otherwise in a short enough time. How do they rot? They're made of dirt.

Besides, Kabuto seems to need to exert considerable effort to keep them in check and fighting instead of chatting and reminiscing, so without him, great many of them would be next to useless for the war.Yeah but, wouldn't that be a good thing for the good guys?

"Hey! All our loved ones are back! They're just...hangin' out. But that's okay!"

Kraco
Sat, 06-02-2012, 03:05 AM
How do they rot? They're made of dirt.

They seem to be powered by human sacrifices. That is, a corpse inside that dirt is giving them energy. It's one of the benefits of this ultimate ninja technique that the user doesn't need to spend his own chakra to run multiple high level level ninja zombies - only a jinchuuriki could afford to do something like that for any significant amount of time. If nothing else, the corpse will rot away. Being covered by dirt full of bacteria and other life forms existing for the very purpose of breaking down cadavers only makes it that much faster. Once the body inside is rotten enough, I'd expect the resurrection to run out of juice and crumble away.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-02-2012, 06:57 AM
They seem to be powered by human sacrifices. That is, a corpse inside that dirt is giving them energy.Yes, but when they can get completely obliterated by an attack and still reform from nothing, it's obvious that the state of the corpse inside is no longer relevant once the jutsu has been cast.

It also seems unlikely that the sacrifices chakra is being used to power the jutsu, since the sacrifices are usually total schmucks, but the zombies still have the chakra to perform kage-level techniques.

Kraco
Sat, 06-02-2012, 08:26 AM
It also seems unlikely that the sacrifices chakra is being used to power the jutsu, since the sacrifices are usually total schmucks, but the zombies still have the chakra to perform kage-level techniques.

One more reason why they should run out of batteries soon: A nobody is being used to draw kage levels of chakra. Kind of like using flashlight batteries to run an electric chainsaw. It may run, but not for long.

As far as I can see, techniques in Naruto use chakra or are summoned living creatures using their own life force. These zombies are corpses with nothing inherent going for them and it was especially mentioned the necromancer doesn't need to spend his own chakra, so the only choice left is the sacrifice's life. Well, the very last choice would be a perpetual motion machine, but come on...

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-02-2012, 07:05 PM
One more reason why they should run out of batteries soon: A nobody is being used to draw kage levels of chakra. Kind of like using flashlight batteries to run an electric chainsaw. It may run, but not for long..Which is exactly why I think their chakra and their lives in general have nothing to do with the sacrifices.

There's no way someone like Zaku possessed enough chakra to use the techniques the 1st Hokage was using against the 3rd.

As far as I can see, techniques in Naruto use chakra or are summoned living creatures using their own life force. These zombies are corpses with nothing inherent going for them and it was especially mentioned the necromancer doesn't need to spend his own chakra, so the only choice left is the sacrifice's life.Unless the spirits being reanimated are themselves providing the chakra.

As far as I can see, chakra IS spirit energy in Naruto. After all, Minato and Kushina were able to leave their spirits inside Naruto just by implanting their chakra in him.

Hell, Kushina's ghost was even still able to use jutsu against the Kyuubi, despite her being, you know...dead.

Kraco
Sun, 06-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Hell, Kushina's ghost was even still able to use jutsu against the Kyuubi, despite her being, you know...dead.

Yeah, she did it for a short while, and then vanished due to using all of what was left of the chakra she had managed to leave behind. That hardly suggests some ghost who never intended to leave chakra behind could power a corporeal body again.

If you reckon the sacrifice has got nothing to do with powering the zombies, then why have the sacrifices in the first place? Just take the piece of tissue containing the DNA and be done with the summoning. No need to secure a human to consume in the technique. The very fact it does require somebody to sacrifice tells me that's where the power is drawn.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-03-2012, 12:25 AM
If you reckon the sacrifice has got nothing to do with powering the zombies, then why have the sacrifices in the first place?To make them, you know, not dead? To let them do things a corpse normally can't do regardless of their chakra. Like...move...or talk.

The very fact it does require somebody to sacrifice tells me that's where the power is drawn.I don't think the mere existence of sacrifices is sufficient to draw that conclusion. As it still doesn't explain how the zombies have the chakra to use techniques their sacrifices shouldn't even have the chakra to cast even once.

David75
Sun, 06-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Pure guess:
The technique uses the sacrifice chakra, all of it. Hence the sacrifice.
Chakra is needed for the body to function, all organs need it.
Sassori rid himself of all organs and body parts just to keep a core, in order to free chakra lines to be able to control more puppets.
So the guess is that everyone -excep jinchuriki- has more or less the same chakra potential. The difference is in how much is free to use techniques and how training enables you to free a little more chakra.
Endo tensei probably accesses all of the chakra in the scarifices body, stopping all body functions at some point.

Kraco
Sun, 06-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Yeah, that's my point as well. If it was possible to use ten years worth of chakra in ten days (even though the last traces of life would be extinguished after those ten days), anybody could perform ninjutsu miracles. I think that's the whole point of human sacrifices in magic in general, as long as they aren't merely meant to be eaten by some demon...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I guess that would also be in keeping with the explanation of the 8 Chakra gates. Where by opening all 8, you become as strong as a Kage, but then die afterwards.