PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 547

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-13-2012, 09:58 AM
[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 547 [360p] (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=313850)

---------------------------------------------------------

So...yeah, it's like herp-a-derp obvious that Hordy killed the queen.

You know, sometimes it's almost annoying how much Oda goes out of his way to make sure Luffy doesn't know what's going on. It's like he actively avoids other people's backstories like the plague.

Cakes
Sun, 05-13-2012, 03:57 PM
I like that aspect of his character. Oda takes these deeply political, adult stories, adds a main villian and let's this charismatic idiot savant beat him to a pulp for naive and sometimes unrelated reasons. Hilarious, and quite likeable. Luffy is the kid who has simple answers to simple problems in a complex world. the other crew members think for him :)

CSS 720p, torrent: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=314005
no karaoke!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-13-2012, 09:52 PM
I was kind of hoping to have another Laboon moment where, after hearing the backstory, Luffy immediately knows the perfect crazy-awesome solution.

Like, "In order to make the Fishpeople nut up and relocate, I need to destroy this island!"

Cakes
Tue, 05-15-2012, 05:42 AM
But this setting is a bit more complex than a whale who headbutts a wall because he misses his friends.
Is there even a crazy awesome solution like that in this case? Decken is villianous, but also an incompetent hilarious weirdo, while Hody is a highly competent agressive quasi-good extremist. Who to beat up here? Will destroying the island even help with anything?

I think there are still some twists and prophecy-tweaks ahead.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-15-2012, 09:48 PM
But this setting is a bit more complex than a whale who headbutts a wall because he misses his friends.
Is there even a crazy awesome solution like that in this case? Decken is villianous, but also an incompetent hilarious weirdo, while Hody is a highly competent agressive quasi-good extremist. Who to beat up here?Both of them.

Will destroying the island even help with anything?Yep. They'd be forced to relocate to the surface(since they've established that Fishman Island is the only place under the sea that doesn't blow). Queen's dream fulfilled!

Assertn
Wed, 05-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Yep. They'd be forced to relocate to the surface(since they've established that Fishman Island is the only place under the sea that doesn't blow). Queen's dream fulfilled!

That would only be slightly less disturbing than raping someone to convince them to marry you.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM
That would only be slightly less disturbing than raping someone to convince them to marry you.It's not much different from impaling a whale with a ship mast to get him to stop ramming into a cliff.