PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Spoilers

Munsu
Sun, 05-06-2012, 11:59 AM
It has come to our attention that we have been a bit lax in our moderating of spoilers. We like to remind you that we have very little tolerance to spoilers as mentioned in this Spoiler Rules thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/13928-Gotwoot-Policy-on-Spoilers).

That said, I need to remind you guys that there's a report button in all the posts that will indicate to us mods when a rule might have been broken. If you stumble upon something that you seem to think is a spoiler or are sure that it's a spoiler, please report it, else it makes our job that much harder. Not all of us watch all the animes or read all the mangas. Not all of us read every single post in this forum. In fact, none of us do. If we don't know if something is a spoiler, we can't act on it.

So please use the report function when applicable. Since March 13 we haven't had any reported posts, so it's amusing when someone complains about us not cleaning up the spoilers. We're only as good as the community allow us to be, so once again, if you stumble upon a spoiler that needs to be cleaned up, let us know.

Thanks

Archangel
Sun, 05-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Not all of us read every single post in this forum. In fact, none of us do.
Bill totally does.

And i don't use the report button anymore because all the mods and admins who actually do shit are always on irc anyway.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Bill totally does.

I'm not in 99% of manga/bleach/OP/Naruto-manga sections.

In fact, I don't think any mods are in the naturo-manga section, to answer on of the previous comments about why we never pick up flaming and such down there when they start.

Just so you guys know, pressing the report function sends an email to all the mods/admins regarding the post. It's usually the most reliable and documented method of reporting, unless as you say we're active on IRC.

David75
Thu, 08-30-2012, 05:07 AM
Bill totally does.

And i don't use the report button anymore because all the mods and admins who actually do shit are always on irc anyway.

Almost never on IRC and I kick lots of spambots asses out...

Regarding spoilers, you need to know the show and have read the manga/novel/VN or other material.
Which isn't possible for all we have.
So yes, the report button is useful.

Y
Sun, 09-09-2012, 02:26 PM
In fact, I don't think any mods are in the naturo-manga section, to answer on of the previous comments about why we never pick up flaming and such down there when they start.

I eagerly await the 2nd generation of my mod powers to bring order and respectability to the Naruto manga section.