PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls Online

Penner
Thu, 05-03-2012, 11:54 AM
This was just revealed...

My reaction...

(Source article here (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/03/june-cover-revealed-the-elder-scrolls-online.aspx))

Animeniax
Thu, 05-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Holy moly... too bad this won't be out in time for summer vacation.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Well if there was one game I'm gonna look forward to...

Let's just hope it's the SP experience brought online and not a TES-esque generic MMORPG.

oyabun
Fri, 05-04-2012, 03:32 AM
Will it have a "Free to play " business framework?

Animeniax
Fri, 05-04-2012, 01:58 PM
I've heard the fighting system will be MMO style instead of real time like we're used to in the singleplayer games. That will be a big downside for me, as the hack and slash real time battling is what I enjoyed so much about the game.

Penner
Fri, 05-04-2012, 02:49 PM
A short teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyqUpS9zZAk

Penner
Fri, 05-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Also, here's a forum thread with ton of info. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749)

Here's some of the more relevant things (selected by Gametrailers):

• Releasing in 2013 for PC/Mac.

• ZeniMax Online's 250 Person Team began development on the game in 2007.

• Takes place 1,000 years in the past.

• Fully voice acted & features a third-person perspective.

• The game uses a hotbar to activate skills like other traditional MMOs.

• Crafting, alchemy, and soul gems will be included.

• There will be Daedric Princes like Molag Bal, who acts as the game's primary antagonist.

• There are three player factions:
Ebonheart Pact: The Nords, Dunmer, and Argonians
Aldmeri Dominion: Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajit
Daggerfall Covenant: Bretons, Redguard, and Orcs.

• Hitting the level cap takes roughly 120 hours.

• The game features three-faction PvP, which has players fighting to take over keeps and using siege weapons.

• 100 v 100 battles will be possible.

• The most accomplished PvP player on your faction becomes Emperor upon taking control of Cyrodil's Imperial City.

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Bunch of concept art (http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/the-elder-scrolls-online-concept-art/#/0)

I have to say, I'm not really thrilled about this.

Zenimax Online Studios is founded by Matt Firor who was the lead on Dark Age of Camelot, and TES Online is really starting to look more and more like Mythic's subsequent MMO, Warhammer Online. I don't know if I'm just seeing things, but a lot of that concept art looks an awful lot like the elven campaign areas of Warhammer Online.

I know the guy wasn't involved in WAR, but it looks just like it, and even a lot of the features are identical. There's just an additional faction.

Penner
Fri, 05-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Yeah... i was pretty damn excited at first, thinking it was going to be more like a 'Skyrim Online' type thing and less like other MMOs, but the excitement is fading quite rapidly.

Granted, we have barely seen any actual gameplay videos or something to give an accurate depiction of how it will actually look/feel and play.

Anyway, here's a screenshot:

Kraco
Fri, 05-04-2012, 03:33 PM
That Ebonheart Pact is the most ridiculous thing ever. Dunmer and Argonians are the two people who hate each other the most, and that hatred goes back a long time.

Not that it would matter to me since I won't be touching this game. Those details surely killed what temptation I might have otherwise felt.

Animeniax
Fri, 05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
So this will basically be WoW but in the Elder Scrolls universe. That sux to hear. I was like Penner thinking this would be Skyrim Online, which would own. But Wow II doesn't interest me anymore than WoW or Space WoW.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 05-06-2012, 02:43 AM
This game is really unnecessary in the already over-saturated MMO market.

It's standard fantasy too, so it's not even hitting a different player base like SWTOR.

Archangel
Sun, 05-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah... i was pretty damn excited at first, thinking it was going to be more like a 'Skyrim Online' type thing and less like other MMOs, but the excitement is fading quite rapidly.

Granted, we have barely seen any actual gameplay videos or something to give an accurate depiction of how it will actually look/feel and play.

Anyway, here's a screenshot:

Lol, that looks bland as fuck.

KrayZ33
Mon, 05-07-2012, 06:00 AM
*cough* Hero engine *cough*

teh shit