PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The Dark Knight Rises

Carnage
Tue, 05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh6SriAjdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

I have been waiting so long for this. I am so excited. Its going to rip Marvel a new asshole.

kyubisrage
Tue, 05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh6SriAjdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

I have been waiting so long for this. I am so excited. Its going to rip Marvel a new asshole.

One movie can't rip marvel a new asshole. DC has ripped themselves new assholes repeatedly with their shitty releases of superman/Green Lantern and lack of other movies.

Collectively Marvel is far superior in producing Quality Movies.

Archangel
Thu, 05-03-2012, 08:25 AM
It probably won't live up to my expectations, i fucking loved the dark knight.

Animeniax
Thu, 05-03-2012, 05:48 PM
It probably won't live up to my expectations, i fucking loved the dark knight.

I liked DK, but didn't love it. It felt like it was constantly building up for the first 2 hours, then the climax was kind of a let down. It didn't help that Rachel was unattractive and unappealing so I didn't care that she died, which ruined the significance of Bruce's decision for me.

Still, if you read the Knightfall arc of the Batman comics from the 1990s, and if this movie is based on those comics, this should be a great movie.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I loved TDK when I saw in in IMAX, but when I tried to rewatch it on bluray later, I honestly got bored.

So I won't get my hopes up, and ultimately enjoy this when I go to see it. I don't think it will disappoint, but I think I've finally got it in my head that these are more thought-provoking takes on Batman, rather than action extravaganzas.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 05-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I loved TDK when I saw in in IMAX, but when I tried to rewatch it on bluray later, I honestly got bored.

So I won't get my hopes up, and ultimately enjoy this when I go to see it. I don't think it will disappoint, but I think I've finally got it in my head that these are more thought-provoking takes on Batman, rather than action extravaganzas.

Yup, exactly. And it's about time that take was done properly in a video format too because Batman is the kind of character in the kind of setting that is just begging to be portrayed in that light. Of the Christopher Nolan movies, the Dark Knight is tied with The Prestige for my favorite spot. So this third movie definitely has some high expectations.

Archangel
Fri, 05-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Still, if you read the Knightfall arc of the Batman comics from the 1990s, and if this movie is based on those comics, this should be a great movie.
If that's true "The Dark Knight Rises" wouldn't be a very accurate title...

Animeniax
Fri, 05-04-2012, 04:16 PM
If that's true "The Dark Knight Rises" wouldn't be a very accurate title...

You'd think that, but obviously the Batman can't die, so even after Knightfall, the Dark Knight Rises.

darkshadow
Fri, 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Rises obviously refers to Batman's recovery after his fight with Bane, and yes this movie is very obviously knightfall.

Y
Sat, 05-05-2012, 04:54 PM
There is absolutely no way this movie is going to, in any way, appropriate the Knightfall story. There isn't going to be an alternate Batman, Bruce isn't going to get his back broken, and it isn't going to be a boring-ass "fight all your previous villains to get to the end boss" thing like Knightfall. The only thing it's appropriated from that story is the idea of the criminal counterpart to Batman embodied in both Catwoman and Bane.

darkshadow
Sat, 05-05-2012, 05:17 PM
You can clearly see Bane releasing all the inmates in the trailer, you can clearly see batman fighting them and getting tired, you can clearly see him fighting bane in less than peak condition; something is going to happen to bats in this movie, whether it's bane breaking his back or just beating the shit out of him doesn't really matter, all that matters is that bats is going to lose his first encounter with Bane.

jorgea
Tue, 06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
I can't wait to see this movie. Thanks for sharing these trailers here at http://www.gotwoot.net

Munsu
Tue, 06-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Maybe the best trailer so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQqjK47c04

Animeniax
Tue, 06-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow, looks pretty awesome. A little too chaotic though. I thought the second movie suffered from too much going on, and the editing got sloppy towards the middle so it cut from scene to scene without flow. Hopefully the story and action in DKR is more cohesive and flows better.

I love Michael Caine as Alfred.

EpyonNext
Thu, 06-21-2012, 01:16 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

My boner is prepared.

Animeniax
Mon, 07-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I just re-watched most of Batman Begins and it has the same sporadic episodic jumping from scene to scene that I thought was poor editing in the Dark Knight. I had just forgotten that the same style was used in the first movie. Then I realized it might have been intentional on the part of Chris Nolan to mimic the comic-book panel-by-panel feel. If that is true, the man is a genius.

Carnage
Mon, 07-16-2012, 10:16 PM
I just re-watched most of Batman Begins and it has the same sporadic episodic jumping from scene to scene that I thought was poor editing in the Dark Knight. I had just forgotten that the same style was used in the first movie. Then I realized it might have been intentional on the part of Chris Nolan to mimic the comic-book panel-by-panel feel. If that is true, the man is a genius.

Im pretty sure it was intentional; the scenes still didnt leave you feeling like you missed out on anything.

Animeniax
Mon, 07-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Im pretty sure it was intentional; the scenes still didnt leave you feeling like you missed out on anything.

Yeah at first I thought they were just trying to cram too much into the movie, but you're right, you don't miss anything for the short scenes. In some cases if they had drawn the scene out, it would have been bad or pointless. I thought some scenes could be cut out altogether like Rachel saving the little kid before Batman saves her.

Also, I think we can thank Tom fucking Cruise for not letting Katie Holmes play the Rachel Dawes character in the second movie. I think the biggest letdown in an otherwise awesome sequel was the swap of actresses for the Rachel character. Think what more that movie could have been if we had actually cared for the Rachel character.

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Help me out here, there seems to be a contradiction.

Also, I think we can thank Tom fucking Cruise for not letting Katie Holmes play the Rachel Dawes character in the second movie.Read: It's a good thing Katie Holmes wasn't allowed to reprise her role.

I think the biggest letdown in an otherwise awesome sequel was the swap of actresses for the Rachel character.Read: The replacement (Maggie Gyllenhaal), made it worse, they should have stuck with Katie Holmes.

Think what more that movie could have been if we had actually cared for the Rachel character.Read: The movie would have been better if we were able to care about the character because the same actress was used. Katie Holmes should have kept the role.

By the way, Gyllenhaal was vastly more believable as Rachel Dawes, who is supposed to be an Assistant District Attorney. Katie Holmes felt like a Dawson's Creek character pretending to be a law student in a high school play.

Animeniax
Tue, 07-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Help me out here, there seems to be a contradiction.

Read: It's a good thing Katie Holmes wasn't allowed to reprise her role.

Read: The replacement (Maggie Gyllenhaal), made it worse, they should have stuck with Katie Holmes.

Read: The movie would have been better if we were able to care about the character because the same actress was used. Katie Holmes should have kept the role.

By the way, Gyllenhaal was vastly more believable as Rachel Dawes, who is supposed to be an Assistant District Attorney. Katie Holmes felt like a Dawson's Creek character pretending to be a law student in a high school play.
I thought referring to him as "Tom fucking Cruise" was enough to cast my remark in a sarcastic tone, especially considering all the shit in entertainment news about what a freak he is and how controlling and demented he is. So definitely I was being sarcastic and giving him shit for not letting Katie Holmes reprise her role in the 2nd movie.

I didn't watch much (any) Dawson's Creek so I didn't get that feel from her character. I haven't seen much of anything with Katie Holmes in it so her Dawes character was fine. And you could really feel the sincere affection and desire that Bruce Wayne felt for her in the first movie, though that might just have been Christian Bale being a badass actor. I didn't get that feel in the second movie.

Munsu
Tue, 07-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Katie Holme's Rachel > Maggie Gyllenhaal's by a wide margin. Part of the problem is that Katie is quite hot, and Maggie is quite meh. They should've gotten a hotter actress, and the change wouldn't have been as drastic.

Animeniax
Tue, 07-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Katie Holme's Rachel > Maggie Gyllenhaal's by a wide margin. Part of the problem is that Katie is quite hot, and Maggie is quite meh. They should've gotten a hotter actress, and the change wouldn't have been as drastic.

Definitely a large factor in the disparity between the two Dawes was their relative hotness. I didn't feel chemistry between Bruce and Rachel in the second movie, though to be fair there wasn't much time or room for it. But the few scenes where it was necessary, it wasn't there. I can't imagine Bruce choosing to save Harvey over Katie Dawes... but that might just be me projecting.

Carnage
Tue, 07-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Bruce intended on saving Rachel rather than Harvey, the Joker lied to him when he explained which hostage was where.

Animeniax
Tue, 07-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Bruce intended on saving Rachel rather than Harvey, the Joker lied to him when he explained which hostage was where.

Is that right? I thought he decided to save the city (by saving Dent) instead of his love. I'll watch it again to be sure.

Munsu
Tue, 07-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Is that right? I thought he decided to save the city (by saving Dent) instead of his love. I'll watch it again to be sure.

Yep, he went to save Rachel and left the police to go after Dent. But Joker gave him the wrong addresses.

Animeniax
Tue, 07-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Yep, he went to save Rachel and left the police to go after Dent. But Joker gave him the wrong addresses.

Well that sucks. Still, Katie Dawes is much hotter and worth saving than Maggie Dawes.

Archangel
Wed, 07-18-2012, 07:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-GkQihKYvM&feature=youtu.be&t=14s

Munsu
Wed, 07-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Oh man, that's great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btMtwz4P0fc

Animeniax
Wed, 07-18-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-GkQihKYvM&feature=youtu.be&t=14s

Hahah that is awesome. I'm surprised that Christian Bale contractually prohibited Robin in any of his Batman movies, but allows Catwoman in the third movie. Also, a Batman movie based on the "Death of Robin" story arc would be pretty amazing... but would require the introduction of the Robin character.

Archangel
Wed, 07-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Hahah that is awesome. I'm surprised that Christian Bale contractually prohibited Robin in any of his Batman movies, but allows Batgirl in the third movie. Also, a Batman movie based on the "Death of Robin" story arc would be pretty amazing... but would require the introduction of the Robin character.
Probably because there's hardly any way to introduce the character to the setting without it feeling cartoony.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Probably because there's hardly any way to introduce the character to the setting without it feeling cartoony.

Or it could be dark and tragic... like Batman could save an orphan kid from some bloody carnage and adopt him and train him. It wouldn't have to be cartoony like adopting him after seeing his parents die at the circus. It could easily be as dark and moody as the rest of the new Batman movies. It would be tough to fit all that into the movie as well as the boy's death though.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 07-18-2012, 07:54 PM
As much as it pains me to say, I hope they retire the series for at least a decade. Unless by some grace of the gods that bring Nolan and Bale into a 4th installment.

darkshadow
Wed, 07-18-2012, 08:32 PM
batgirl?

Animeniax
Wed, 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM
As much as it pains me to say, I hope they retire the series for at least a decade. Unless by some grace of the gods that bring Nolan and Bale into a 4th installment.
I can't see them topping this iteration. The direction, stories, acting, special effects, everything is top notch. And they already covered the best villains from the Batman universe.

If they do future Batman movies, I think it will be similar to the recent Spiderman reboot... a re-envisioning that changes the core elements of the story as we know and love them, when the previous movies did a great job already (1 and 2).

Animeniax
Wed, 07-18-2012, 09:01 PM
batgirl?
I don't think she'd be reason enough to bring Nolan and Bale back for another movie.

darkshadow
Wed, 07-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Good job editing your post.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

I watched both Nolan/Bale Batman movies this week. Looking forward to the new one.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 07-18-2012, 11:46 PM
batgirl?

yeah I thought I somehow avoided all the spoilers online till I came to the one place I thought was a haven only to be fuckd in the face by animeniax. but he just got catwomans messed up with batgirls i supposed.

and yo 'meniax the spidey movies (1-2 of course) were amazing to me in their day. But they just don't hold up after the allure of actual seeing spiderman in live action fades away. The costumes resemble power rangers, and everythings so brightly lit its as tho the entire world takes place 5 feet from the sun. Sam Raimi's direction wasn't terrible, at times I enjoyed it like when Doc Oc was ominously climbing Harry's building. But overall the directing was too over the top and encroaching on the rest of the elements. Its like he wanted it to be first and foremost a sam raimi film and THEN to be spiderman.

Tobey was good for what he was told to do.... which was a fly on the wall shy dorky personality. Which wasn't terrible, but it isnt what you think of when you think spiderman. AND they spent way too much time on fucking mary jane watson. I love the way they put Gwen Stacey into the actual plot instead of just "get kidnapped, get saved, get kissed, fucking hell, really?"

oh and alex garfield is now the definitive spiderman.

Carnage
Wed, 07-18-2012, 11:52 PM
The latest Spiderman movie was shit. But thats for another thread. There will be no 4th installment, Nolan said this is the last and he meant it. Although, he is producer of Superman: Man of Steel, and there are rumors that he will be (a) producer of the next reboot of Batman. DC probably will make a movie if they ever hope to tie in a Justice League movie, although I think they should see how Superman pans out, and if successful then reboot Batman and Green Lantern.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Different eras man. Maguire's Peter Parker is more like the original Parker, nerdy and awkward. His portrayal in the first half of the second movie where he gets walked all over is perfect and very much the Parker from the original comics. Andy Garfield's Peter is how they changed the character to be more hipster/contemporary in the 2000s.

I thought the first 2 movies really captured the comic book feel with the bright colors and over-the-top action sequences.

Haha my bad. It was a typo, not a spoiler. I think Batgirl would be as bad as Robin in this movie Batman universe.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-20-2012, 05:36 AM
Just saw it a few hours ago.

Munsu
Fri, 07-20-2012, 05:40 AM
Some people are just nuts:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18921492

darkshadow
Fri, 07-20-2012, 06:45 AM
Mini Review (spoiler-free ofcourse):

Just saw The Dark Knight Rises IMAX,

What can I say really..absolutely stunning conclusion to an epic trilogy; yeah that sounds about right.
I went to a very early showing which turned out to be a blessing because the room was filled with fans, true believers; complete and utter dead silence and no annoying phone screens as IT SHOULD BE >:[..

Right away the movie started of very strong with an opening that left me wondering how they actually pulled that off; Bane immediately establishes his entire character much more powerfully than Joker did in TDK prologue.
Heck I'd say Bane's entire portrayal was much more engrossing than heath ledger's character ever could hope to be.

Where Joker was kinda "playfully deranged", Bane's tour de force is just terryfing; bordering on ominous at times even; Tom hardy was great in inception, but he is master and commander in DKR.
I'd say for the entirety of the Nolan Trilogy, Bane got the biggest emotional response out of me and even though I have a few gripes about his "origin" story, he was overall too excellent for me downplay the character on.

Now selena kyle, I had serious doubts about hathaway as catwoman. Honestly I thought she would just fail miserably and would be pretty much be the movie's only shortcoming; oh how wrong I was.
Hathaway is easily the best catwoman to date, she actually managed to steal the spotlight in select scenes.
Her costume was also very clever, with her goggles "unintentionally" becoming her cat ears when she flips them up; also not being refered to as catwoman, or anything related to cats in general was a great way to keep her character believable. She was just a sexy skilled thief.

Now there isn't much to say about bats aside from it being his most powerful potrayal yet.
The rest of the cast was great as always; JGL, cain, freeman and Oldman are all at the top of their game.

The overall pacing of the movie was staggeringly good; clocking in at an epic 164 minutes I didn't get lost or bored ever.
Time flew by so fast I actually hoped it was a bit longer.

Another excellent thing was the cinematography, much more of this movie was shot in the actual IMAX format than TDK was and it paid of big time.
All the scenes that were in said format, like the opening, were just a feast to the eyes.

Music wise I'd be incredibly surprised if the score didn't get an oscar nod/win. So powerful infact I believe it completely carried some of the scenes by itself, almost as if the music was it's own actor in the movie.

Now Avengers vs DKR?
I already made out Avengers as not only the greatest action movie of all time, but also the greatest superhero movie ever.
This is still true, but aside from being an equally good superhero movie, DKR is a better movie overall.
So making it impossible for me to pick one over the other, I just have them both sitting comfortably at the top.

The Dark Knight Rises was an epic and at many times emotional thrillride that kept me fully engrossed during its entire epic 2 hour and 44 minute runtime with great pacing, action, characters, music and conclusion I'm very satisfied with.

I strongly recommend watching this, and in IMAX ofcourse; avoid all regular showings, the IMAX scenes should be enjoyed in full glory.
It's the least this epic movie deserves ;D (also buy the blu-ray when it releases ofcourse...).

Psyke
Fri, 07-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Was in the theaters when this happened: http://www.svherald.com/content/breaking-news/2012/07/20/276463

Needless to say it was a pretty exciting day..... And I've yet to finish the movie :(

mariocarner
Fri, 07-27-2012, 08:22 AM
The Dark Knight Rise is amazing movie of 2012 it is also
great action and adventure movie.Christian Bale done great
Job in it.

Assassin
Sat, 08-04-2012, 10:15 PM
<<Spoilers>>

So i was in the arctic for the entirety of July and i just got back a 2 days ago....first thing i did (After sleeping) was to watch this movie. And man oh man, what a great fucking flick. With all the hype around it, i still walked out of that theater thoroughly impressed, and that in itself says it all.

I didn't think any villain could measure up to the joker, but bane is right up there with him. I loved the fact that he's a different enough character to be the main antagonist and not be compared to the joker. He had the screen presence and the aura which made him seem like the crazy anarchist he was. Supremely acted and incredibly well written. And yes, Knightly as Catwoman was incredible as well. To pull it off without being tacky, it really shows nolan's brilliance. As darkshadow mentions in his review, i loved that they never called her "catwoman". I think that went a long way towards making her a believable character.

Also, the various twists in the story. Maybe it was just me, but i never for a moment considered Cotillards character to be Talia. The whole time i was convinced the child that escaped the prison was bane, so when it was revealed i was totally taken by surprise. The same with batmans death. I though "ok, so he dies and levitt becomes the new batman" and i was kinda bummed, cuz its fucking batman...batman doesn't die. So when they had that scene with alfred at the end, it was brilliant.

An all around fantastic movie, with a great ending and a sense of closure. I walked out of the theater utterly satisfied, knowing that if they never made another batman movie again, i would be just fine with the way the series ended. Kudos Mr. Nolan, kudos.

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 08-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Seen it yesterday, pretty kewl movie. It didn't seem to flow as nicely as TDK but the acting was very good. I didn't like the plot involving a nuclear bomb but the Gotham takeover was genius! I also liked that Bane wasn't necessarily the big mastermind behind everything as I always remembered him being somewhat of a big brute with simple ambitions. Before watching this movie I was also wondering if Liam Neeson would make an appearance. Made me happy.

Oh and Hathaway was called a "Cat Burglar" by Bale in some scene.

UChessmaster
Mon, 08-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Am i the only one that`s NOT a fan of this trilogy? :/

darkshadow
Mon, 08-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Seen it yesterday, pretty kewl movie. It didn't seem to flow as nicely as TDK but the acting was very good. I didn't like the plot involving a nuclear bomb but the Gotham takeover was genius! I also liked that Bane wasn't necessarily the big mastermind behind everything as I always remembered him being somewhat of a big brute with simple ambitions. Before watching this movie I was also wondering if Liam Neeson would make an appearance. Made me happy.

What you remember of bane is wrong, he's a really smart guy and is strong; he was pretty much the first villain that outsmarted and defeated batman.

And yeah he did say cat burglar, but that doesn't relate her to cats in any way; a cat burgler is just a very skilled, sneaky thief. If anyhing her cat ear goggles where the only reference to her "catwomenness".

Assassin
Mon, 08-06-2012, 09:00 PM

the bomb was just a plot device....it can be replaced with just about anything threatening gotham city....ya its a little tacky, but the movie itself revolves more around the fall and rise of batman, the evolution of the character and the person.

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 08-06-2012, 09:35 PM
What you remember of bane is wrong, he's a really smart guy and is strong; he was pretty much the first villain that outsmarted and defeated batman.

And yeah he did say cat burglar, but that doesn't relate her to cats in any way; a cat burgler is just a very skilled, sneaky thief. If anyhing her cat ear goggles where the only reference to her "catwomenness".

I know Bane's smart but to take over Gotham? I dunno. If it wasn't for Miranda he'd be a nobody. And that's what I meant with "a brute with simple ambitions". I prolly should've used the word "simpler". Orchestrating such nefarious schemes seems more Lex Luthor-ish.

I was merely pointing out how close they were to calling her Catwoman by the usage of the word Cat in her reference. It was also a newspaper headline in the movie. And I'm convinced her being Catwoman and a cat burglar simultaneously not only in the movie but the comics as well isn't a coincidence. So I can't dismiss it being a hint as goes for the goggles.

I'm done explaining myself though, it's just my opinion. Thank you.

Edit:

the bomb was just a plot device....it can be replaced with just about anything threatening gotham city....ya its a little tacky, but the movie itself revolves more around the fall and rise of batman, the evolution of the character and the person.

I know, but it's those details that turn something great into even greater.

darkshadow
Tue, 08-07-2012, 04:17 AM
I know Bane's smart but to take over Gotham? I dunno. If it wasn't for Miranda he'd be a nobody. And that's what I meant with "a brute with simple ambitions". I prolly should've used the word "simpler". Orchestrating such nefarious schemes seems more Lex Luthor-ish.

I was merely pointing out how close they were to calling her Catwoman by the usage of the word Cat in her reference. It was also a newspaper headline in the movie. And I'm convinced her being Catwoman and a cat burglar simultaneously not only in the movie but the comics as well isn't a coincidence. So I can't dismiss it being a hint as goes for the goggles.

I'm done explaining myself though, it's just my opinion. Thank you.

That's what I'm saying, Bane did take over gotham by himself and defeated batman by himself in the comics; he was the mastermind and executioner.
So yeah bane could've easily been the sole villain in the movie.

And I didn't mean that cat burgler wasn't a reference to her being catwoman, since it was, but cat burgler doesn't relate her to actual cats in the same way "catwoman" does.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM
So yeah bane could've easily been the sole villain in the movie.

This. Could've. Not would've. And you can show me anytime where Bane solely takes over the entire city of Gotham in the comics.

And I didn't mean that cat burgler wasn't a reference to her being catwoman, since it was, but cat burgler doesn't relate her to actual cats in the same way "catwoman" does.

Agreed.

darkshadow
Tue, 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Read knightfall and prelude to knightfall? Bane's plan is his own and is nearly the same setup they used for the movie, cept in the comic arc he does it solo.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 08-07-2012, 11:02 AM
The plan is his, the execution however is not without the help of other villains. In the comic, fighting Batman head-on would be foolish. So he let's loose all inmates of the asylum to weaken Batman over the coming 6 months so he could defeat him at his weakest. Only to rule the city's underground scene as "The King", not taking it over like he did in the movie with the sole purpose of "cleansing" the city's corruptness (Talia's motive).

So yeah, different ambitions (or motives, better word). You can say it's "loosely based" on this comic series but to say it's nearly the same? Key elements happen but they differ too much to be the same for me.

I admit not ever having read the comic series but this is what I've found out about it. Ergo claiming my recollection is wrong does not make yours right. I never said Bane's simple, just that his motives were. And he is a big brute.

darkshadow
Tue, 08-07-2012, 01:05 PM
How is that not his execution though? All those inmates were just pawns or tools for him to use, not different from a gun for a street mugger; he planned it and he executed it.
And bane explicitely takes control of the underworld and he defeats batman; that's pretty much taking over gotham whatever way you look at it.

Saying he's just a big brute really is an oxymoron though, since a brute is someone crude and unintelligent; Bane is a genius and far from crude.

So whatever way you look at it, Bane disposed of batman and took control of gotham's underworld, which is why I said he easily could've been the sole villain in the movie cause he essentially does the same thing in it; they could've left out talia completely and nothing would've been lost.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 08-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Saying he's just a big brute really is an oxymoron though, since a brute is someone crude and unintelligent; Bane is a genius and far from crude.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=brute&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=p1shUJrFEaah0QXDvYHwDg&ved=0CG8QkQ4&biw=1920&bih=962

All I'm saying is, his purpose in the movie does not fit his comicbook character. That's why I said I was happy it wasn't all Bane.

darkshadow
Tue, 08-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Dictionary.com:
2. a brutal, insensitive, or crude person.
-crude:
--1. in a raw or unprepared state; unrefined or natural: crude sugar.
--2. lacking in intellectual subtlety, perceptivity, etc.; rudimentary; undeveloped.
5. not characterized by intelligence or reason; irrational.

Collins English Dictionary:
4. without reason or intelligence.

Yeah...he's not a brute.

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 08-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Seems you really like this movie. Me too man, me too.

darkshadow
Wed, 08-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Yep, yep.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 08-14-2012, 06:38 PM
post some of your favorite batman comics so I can go read them.... or any comic really.
do it
do it.

Ones I'm reading or bout to:

Arkham Asylum
Year One
Dark Knight Returns
Knightfall
Long Halloween

And for anyone interested in trying something new the new Spiderman-Avengers books are really well done. Love the penciling its very crisp and clean and spidey-eske

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-15-2012, 06:33 PM
MUST read
Batman: Hush, Dark knight returns, No mans land, year one, the killing joke, serious house on a serious earth, long halloween, batman and son, battle of the cowl, under the hood, pain and prejudice (<--------- better than sex), monster men, tower of babel, . Avoid all-stars batman and robin like the plague.

Spider-man: The night gwen stacy died, Kraven`s last hunt, Spider-island.

X-men: Age of apocalypse, house of M, Meesiah complex, avengers vs xmen.

Avengers: The ultimates 1 and 2, civil war.

Superman: Red son, all stars superman

Justice league: Identity crisis, flashpoint

Alan moore: Watchmen (<--- the holy grail of comics), v for vendetta, from hell, lost girl (<--- VERY graphic, not sure if i should recommen but here it is).

Others: Hit-girl, the walking dead.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 08-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Watchmen was an unbelievably good comic. Definitely gonna check out most if not all of these tho thanks a lot UChess. Much appreciated.

Are there any really good ones with Nightwing?? I suddenly really like his character from the brief stint he had in the Batman: Black Mirror book I just read and from seeing his picture all around. I want more than anything for Joseph Gordon-Levitt to do a Nightwing movie instead of Batman. Buttttt that would never happen.

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-15-2012, 11:54 PM
There is an ongoing nightwing book, 12 issues so far, it`s pretty good, not groundbreaking but very good, worth a shot definitelly.

Y
Thu, 08-16-2012, 03:22 PM
http://simongros.com/text/articles/slavoj-zizek/slavoj-zizek-dictatorship-of-the-proletariat-in-gotham-city/

Animeniax
Tue, 11-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Finally saw this movie. Pretty good, had me tense with expectation at times, not knowing how the heroes would prevail. Lots of action and story (maybe a little too much story).

- I think they could have used just one villain, same as with TDK. Two made things a little too chaotic and convoluted.
- Not sure I like how Bain went out, getting shot down by Selina.
- Also don't like how much screen time Blake/Robin got. I wouldn't be surprised if the studio forced Nolan to add in the part at the end to lead into a Robin movie, even if Nolan won't be involved.

Penner
Wed, 11-28-2012, 09:19 AM
I was almost constantly annoyed by Bane's voice, sounded too much like someone trying to do the voice of Deckard Cain from the Diablo games, to the point of it being seriously distracting. (Deckard Bane trollolROFLmao derp)

Animeniax
Wed, 11-28-2012, 01:01 PM
I could hardly understand Bane most of the time. I can see the similarity to Deckard Cain, but it wasn't enough to bother me.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 11-28-2012, 02:35 PM
I was almost constantly annoyed by Bane's voice, sounded too much like someone trying to do the voice of Deckard Cain from the Diablo games, to the point of it being seriously distracting. (Deckard Bane trollolROFLmao derp)

Sudden urge to punch Deadpool in the face after reading that post.
How dare you sir, how dare you make me want to punch my beloved Deadpool??

Penner
Thu, 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Sudden urge to punch Deadpool in the face after reading that post.
How dare you sir, how dare you make me want to punch my beloved Deadpool??

Because you now cannot unhear the Cain-Bane voice similarity? or because his voice didn't bother you at all and you just disagree with my opinion? :P

Archangel
Tue, 01-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Just watched it, what a brilliant movie.