PDA

View Full Version : Uchuu Kyoudai: Space Brothers

Pages : [1] 2

MFauli
Tue, 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM

Uchuu Kyouda - aka - Space Brothers

Once upon a time there were two brothers, Hibito and Mutta. Hibito, the littler brother, had been blessed with good luck since the day he was born. Mutta, the elder, had always had bad luck. One day, looking up at the night sky, the two brothers saw a UFO. This experience made them both promise to become astronauts.

In the year 2025, Hibito has kept his promise and is an astronaut who is part of the first wave of people to live for an extended period of time on the moon. Meanwhile, his older brother Mutta has been fired from his job and is unemployed, but a message from his brother makes him decide to start being an astronaut again.

Unaware of his own talent, elder brother Mutta chases his dreams to get back in front of his younger brother. 32-year-old Mutta will attempt the astronaut candidate examinations to follow his brother Hibito to the moon believing the words "The older brother should always be ahead of the younger one..."

(Source: YTV English)

---------------------------------------

Horrible Subs - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=300920)

Horrible Subs - Episode 02 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=302823)

--------------------------------------

Letīs get this thread started.
Iīm enjoying this more than Moonlight Mile atm, mostly because of the more typical, generic artstyle and overall presentation. Whereas MM felt extremely realistic, both in terms of artstyle and plot progression, Uchuu Kyoudai left me with a more anime-ish impression, if that makes any sense.
While I enjoyed the first two episodes, I cannot quite shake off the fear of this becoming *too* generic. Becoming an astronaut seems to be incredibly easy at this point, and then they kinda spoil you whoīll make the exam, unless theyīre going for a surprise. Itīs not yet The Knight in the Area-levels of generic, but it could dip down to that. However, thatīs really only my biggest fear. Itīs enjoyable to watch and Iīll continue to do so.

MFauli
Sun, 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Horrible Subs - Episode 03 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=305016)

-----------------------------

Good episode. I liked how they reasonably explained Muttaīs high lung capacity. Made sense.

Though, they make it seem so easy to apply as an astronaut. Sure, Mutta studied and was some kind of inventor, so heīs gotta be really intelligent. But they spent the whole first episode making him look like such a loser. A little bit conflicting, but nothing too bad.

Oh, and do I smell a woman with a father-complex? lol

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 04-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Mutta is a weird name to give someone, in swedish it's slang for female genitalia :P Would be difficult for me to watch this anime and hear that all the time ^^

shinta|hikari
Sun, 04-15-2012, 07:02 PM
This show is absolutely awesome. It is definitely one of those anime that you would recommend to a first time watcher, especially if they have an interest in space (travel).

I love Mutta as a character, and also love Serika. It is going to be fun watching how their relationship develops, and how Mutta struggles trying to make such a thing even remotely possible by passing the exam and staying on the program.

MFauli
Sun, 04-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Horrible Subs - Episode 04 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=307301)

--------------------------

Well, another nice episode. Though I thought Mutta would turn down Hibitoīs invitation. After all, it kinda puts him in a situation where heīs really at an advantage, at least from an outsiderīs point of view. Getting to know all those astronauts and seeing the NASA area.

As for Muttaīs "screw up" during the last interview question ... Iīm kinda thinking that itīll turn out that itīs the same answer Hibito gave when he was becoming an astronaut. At least thatīs the only thing I can see that could redeem Mutta.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Redeem him from what? It does not strike me as a question where content matters. If anything, they were testing to see the reaction of the applicant. Learning something new about oneself can be defined in an infinite number of ways depending on the person after all.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-24-2012, 10:08 AM
MFauli, are you referring to Mutta redeeming himself for that question, or redeeming himself for the entire exam to date?

I was never good at self-reflection questions. "Why do you want to be xyz?", "What was something new that you learned about yourself recently?". Observation ones are relatively easier than motivation ones, heh.

I enjoyed this show a lot more after Kenji and Serika joined in. Serika especially since it gives Muta somebody to goof over. His depressing, trashy self wasn't exactly fun to watch.

MFauli
Tue, 04-24-2012, 10:43 AM
MFauli, are you referring to Mutta redeeming himself for that question, or redeeming himself for the entire exam to date?

Well, both, depending on how important the answer to that question was to the commission. If all other exam participants answered something good, something showing their vision, then Muttaīs lame reply might prove bad .... EXCEPT if it turns out that his brother, who then became an astronaut, replied the same nonsense. Which could be taken as a hint that Mutta bears the same potential.

Btw. I found it kinda silly how the anime painted Mutta as such a loser, when heīs actually a highly skilled person (he designed a freaking car for mainstream production).

Also, Son-Gohan is a great character, yeah. I mean, Kenji.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-29-2012, 06:01 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 05 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=309750)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-05-2012, 11:43 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=311834)

--------------------------------

Hah, that's luck for ya. Or would you call that unintentional returns? aka Karma?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-12-2012, 10:29 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 07 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=313785)

MFauli
Sun, 05-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Uwahh, that episode felt incredibly short. So enjoyable to watch.

Iīve gotta say, this is one of the better anime seasons.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-13-2012, 10:07 PM
I like it when Mutta does something well, or at least tries to, but when he's thinking about how hard he sucked all the time it starts wearing down on me a bit. Love the dog, btw.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-19-2012, 11:29 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 08 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=315673)

MFauli
Sun, 05-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Finally!

Mutta lying about the criminal incident left a sour note, though. Sure, they explained it as "making use of your luck", but it really was just a lie.

Also, while Mutta is the hero of this anime, I kinda feel bad for that guy that got removed from the selection, even though he had more votes than Mutta. Come on! Doesnīt make much sense.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Finally!

Mutta lying about the criminal incident left a sour note, though. Sure, they explained it as "making use of your luck", but it really was just a lie.

Also, while Mutta is the hero of this anime, I kinda feel bad for that guy that got removed from the selection, even though he had more votes than Mutta. Come on! Doesnīt make much sense.

Mutta makes people like him (like the Ozzy and Brian).. too bad he's lucky I guess..

His ex-boss made up some stuff about why Mutta got fired too, right? I'll think of it as payback with interest.

I really want to know what happenned to Apo. We didn't get to see him since the criminal incident and while Mutta credits Serika as the reason he pulled through, I credit Apo.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-26-2012, 10:45 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=317636)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-02-2012, 11:49 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 10 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=319746)

MFauli
Sun, 06-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Did the bus really have no toilet? Seems strange, when theyīre on such a long trip, even being served a meal.

My, very obvious, guess about Muttaīs ranking would be: 1. Mutta, 2. Serika, 3. Son-Gohan. I hope we find out about the other applicantsī rankings.

gos27
Sun, 06-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Am loving this series so far.

Had to laugh at the scene when Kenji guessed the old guys age and his little fist pump afterwards when he found out he was right was hilarious.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Did the bus really have no toilet? Seems strange, when theyīre on such a long trip, even being served a meal.

My, very obvious, guess about Muttaīs ranking would be: 1. Mutta, 2. Serika, 3. Son-Gohan. I hope we find out about the other applicantsī rankings.

It did have a toilet. One of the guys came out of it from the back of the bus not too long before the icebreaker started. Pretty sure it was the annoying, complaining guy.

I reckon Serika will get a higher rating than Mutta. She's female and most of the applicants are males - and at least 3 people already don't like Mutta.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-09-2012, 10:11 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 11 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=321740)

MFauli
Sat, 06-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Waaaah, what a cliffhanger ending! Watching this exam is so much fun.

Next episode should be fun. Mutta gets to shine both in the exam and in his quest for love, haha. Though I wonder how he arrives at such a way earlier time. Maybe he figured that the 10 minutes-per-candidate in the bus were fake? Like, it was only really 5 minutes-per-candidate? Hm.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Waaaah, what a cliffhanger ending! Watching this exam is so much fun.

Totally. I wanted to yell when they started zooming out and I realised it was time for a cliff-hanger again.

This long exam reminds me of when I watched HxH years back. Good stuff.

Next episode should be fun. Mutta gets to shine both in the exam and in his quest for love, haha. Though I wonder how he arrives at such a way earlier time. Maybe he figured that the 10 minutes-per-candidate in the bus were fake? Like, it was only really 5 minutes-per-candidate? Hm.

I don't think it would have been for a reason like that, because that would still involve calculations. Mutta sounded like there should be just a few triggers that should have given away the time.

I had my suspicions since they went on the bus that this place is simply at the same facility they departures from.

edit:hmm... did he perhaps notice the time on the dashboard when he gave that bald driver one last look before stepping off the bus? If he didn't notice the time, then at the very least I think he would say that he noticed the driver was asleep. As for how that equates to 3AM and not 1 or 4AM.. we'll need a bit of Mutta-magic I reckon.

MFauli
Sun, 06-10-2012, 09:58 AM
This long exam reminds me of when I watched HxH years back. Good stuff.

I was about to mention HXH. Yes, itīs like a more realistic, "mature" version of HXH at this point.

As for the time puzzle... assuming thereīs no calculation going on, and there wasnīt a hint during the trip/arrival (which, tbh, some of the others should have been able to notice as well), Iīd also guess that weīll see a flashback which explains how Mutta has a very precise inner clock. Maybe he and his brother used to train their inner clock, because they knew astronauts needed that skill or whatever.

Oh, wait, one other guess: Thereīs another "skill" that likely only Mutta possesses. He was working for a car manufacturer, inventing new cars and stuff, so he knows this area well, right? Maybe he simply noticed "ok, I know these kind of bus-models. With a full tank, they can go for this long, and the bus driver never stopped for a refill." Something like that.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh, wait, one other guess: Thereīs another "skill" that likely only Mutta possesses. He was working for a car manufacturer, inventing new cars and stuff, so he knows this area well, right? Maybe he simply noticed "ok, I know these kind of bus-models. With a full tank, they can go for this long, and the bus driver never stopped for a refill." Something like that.

I like that one. Sounds reasonable too, unlike my clock one where you'd have to wonder if JAXA really couldn't be bothered to conceal the clock on the dashboard.

Regarding the internal clock one, I wouldn't buy it so much. In the US Mutta was pretty close to getting the time right for Hibito's laptime on the track, but that was:

1) over a short interval, and
2) Mutta mentally said he "guessed".

Add that to how Mutta slept during the ride, I don't think much of it.

enkoujin
Sun, 06-10-2012, 12:05 PM
As for the time puzzle... assuming thereīs no calculation going on, and there wasnīt a hint during the trip/arrival (which, tbh, some of the others should have been able to notice as well), Iīd also guess that weīll see a flashback which explains how Mutta has a very precise inner clock. Maybe he and his brother used to train their inner clock, because they knew astronauts needed that skill or whatever.

I'd say the inner clock is the most reasonable explanation.

We're all familiar with Newton's second law and its kinematics derivatives. It was hinted in this video they watched where one of the astronauts were calculating the time of impact with the ground. Mutta is a mechanical engineer who designed cars. Therefore, a calculation of that calibre is very easy to do for him if he had rough estimates of the bus' initial velocity and [constant] acceleration. The bus seems to have gone somewhere out of the city for the amount of time they've traveled, so the possibility of the bus fluctuating greatly in acceleration could be negligible. Designing cars' accelerations and movements is the prime work of an engineer, so he should have had lots of experience of being exposed to different times of acceleration.

That's the reason I want to rationalize about to make Mutta a better suited astronaut, but it's like Bill said:

http://i.imgur.com/tMxYY.jpg

2:01 AM.

MFauli
Sun, 06-10-2012, 12:26 PM
LOL

Okay, guess all the other candidates suck, then. rofl, so obvious :D

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Can't wait to see the annoying guy's face when Mutta just shits all over him.

Oh, and Mutta's stupid face when Serika inevitably praises him. xD

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-16-2012, 10:15 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 12 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=323609)

MFauli
Sun, 06-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Hm, Iīm still not sure what to think of Muttaīs lies. "Make yourself luck", alright. But a person that keeps lying isnīt really all that great a person. Basically, I donīt like people who do anything, no matter how dirty, to achieve success. Kinda douchy.

Also, whatīs going on with Muttaīs sudden gain of confidence when it comes to Serika?! After accidentally using her first name, he then whispers to her "I like your name". Then approaches her to help cooking. I mean ... thatīs rather obvious imo, if I were Serika.

But damn, the pacing of this anime is rather slow. Not that I think that anything is filler-ish, but it just takes forever to get forward in the plot.

Guess itīs too early to start speculation who will be chosen, eh? The only save choice imo is Serika. Everybody knows sheīs skilled AND sheīs the "hot girl", so the guys probably feel less competitive about her.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-17-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't really mind what Mutta's doing in this show, but in real practice I don't think it could work well. A normal human would get used to showing off and pretending to be things that they aren't.. and when they want to show off but can't, they may be tempted to "force" that act at someone's expense. In Mutta's case there are no victims so it's easier for me to let him get away with it.. even encouraging it.

I just recently heard a speech about democracy, and it makes sense that it shouldn't work when you're thinking about what's the best choice for the population - unless you say the best choice is the choice they're happy with at the time of choosing.

enkoujin
Sun, 06-17-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm sure that his constant lying will eventually bite him in the ass in the future whether the final day comes to discuss who they choose to be the best candidates or at a later point in time. In the end, I still think JAXA will still probably accept his position as an astronaut. This might be the case because of the foreshadowing where the psychologist asked, "Did you find anything new about yourself recently?" again and the candidates will have to answer the question.

Still, it gives great insight into the mindset of adult psychology and how most adults may lie and are unwilling to apologize for their mistakes or admit to their wrongdoings. This factor will definitely separate Mutta away from the other astronaut candidates (if they're shown to be malicious and stealthily deviant).

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-17-2012, 11:25 AM
I think the hardest part in looking at Mutta's deeds here (at least for me) is that he's still taking credit for his own work (well, except some help from Apo), but is just blowing it out of proportions..

(lol at saying there needn't be calculations... followed by air-abacus)

.. his actions also have no difference on the end outcome (the result of what he did), and only impact on how great people think he is. Given the lack of victims in the entire calculation.. I find that the "luck is what you make of it" saying is pretty viable.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-17-2012, 09:18 PM
People do this all the time, be it consciously or unconsciously. Beautifying one's deeds is normal, though the extent can vary greatly.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-23-2012, 11:12 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 13 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=325348)

MFauli
Sun, 06-24-2012, 03:35 AM
Still going strong. I like how Muttaīs flashback didnīt automatically lead to a solution for his task. Instead, it further pushed him into thinking about it. And it was nice too see him being openly proud about his little brother. That might have been the case all along, but up till now we always saw his "Iīm the older brother, I have to be better"-side of him, so it was a nice change.

Personally, I believe space exploration is necessary because it is in our human DNA. Our whole existence strives for exploration, expansion. Just look back in time. First human beings wandering from Africa to Europe, spreading from there. Then later, during more civilized times, you have Chris Columbus and other discoverer that expanded our reality. Itīs easy to put blame on space explorationīs costs, but tbh, using "we still have problems on earth" is the same as killing any space programme forever. Thereīll always be problems on earth "more worthy" of being tackled than space exploration, which is seemingly done out of curiosity alone.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-24-2012, 05:01 AM
Personally, I believe space exploration is necessary because it is in our human DNA.

I like that they compared us to germs, because we're not any different.

Humans explored because they sought more resources. We're greedy, we consume stuff and we breed like any other animal. Without a new host as a resource (be it material or inspirational) we'd die out unless we somehow mutate into elves (conserving the environment, take what we need, breed very occasionally to maintain a stable population, stay forever young so we don't need a pyramid society of taxpayers to support our increasing health costs etc).

I was afraid of Mutta recycling someone else's speech too, so I'm glad that it turned out otherwise.

It's annoying that every team has one asshole. It's funny at the same time because it's true.

oyabun
Mon, 06-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Mutta is definitely one of my favorite characters. I see him as a very realistic character and someone that you can relate to yourself. I admire his determination and his feeling of responsibility to his younger brother. It is so funny how wierd he can be in front of Serika.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 14 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=327462)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-07-2012, 10:30 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 15 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=329701)

enkoujin
Sun, 07-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Great strategy by Fukada to even out the playing field.

He definitely knows that he's at a physical and mental disadvantage against his younger counterparts. He probably felt even worse off when Furuya broke his glasses and misinterpreted it as malice from him doing so. Thus, Fukada struggled with his daily tasks and by creating chaos, he can shift JAXA's attention from the physical and mental tests to the negativism/reactions of the individuals during a crisis.

In any case, it seems here that culprits have an advantage in crises like these because they won't be susceptible to confusion and the psychological attack of mystery. Again, a very effective psychological warfare tactic. This hypothesis would completely break down if JAXA caught Fukada doing this of course (even with the lights out).

However, it is plausible that JAXA could have previously talked to three individuals before the third exam and told them to sabotage their teams for some reason... I really don't see any reason why Kenji's B group would have some person setting their alarms in the middle of the night, though.

Lastly, it's sad to see that we aren't seeing what kind of conflicts/situations group C is getting into even though there are no protagonists or notable side characters in there. It'd be nice to have some brief updates on them.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-08-2012, 05:11 AM
However, it is plausible that JAXA could have previously talked to three individuals before the third exam and told them to sabotage their teams for some reason... I really don't see any reason why Kenji's B group would have some person setting their alarms in the middle of the night, though.

The entire thing feels like a test, but I find it hard to understand why Jaxa would so this. For one, each test is different when there's no need for them to be since the groups are isolated. Also, having one person performing such a task means that it unfairly disadvantages them because they're not being tested, while if they were caught in the act they could be ostracised unfairly by the group for the remainder of the exam.

I honestly thought Nanba was just going to take it up the ass for Serika the team at first.. but he came up with a nice story to play it off (if only for a little while).

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-15-2012, 12:03 AM
HorribleSubs - Episode 16 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=331871)

enkoujin
Sun, 07-15-2012, 01:01 PM
The episode did hint that the doctor or JAXA was trying to get Furuya (chimpanzee researcher) to turn on the alarms. It's also no coincidence that Kenji's Group B also had a tampered clock as well. There's definitely a relationship here because there's no way these two same groups have had the same chaotic incident (also would explain why they somehow were given alarm remote controls that beeped in all directions instead of regular alarms).

I'm definitely sure that JAXA somehow convinced these individuals to sabotage the team. I think JAXA already started narrowing down the members of each crew or are nearing to and are blackmailing the culprits into agitating the team for extra points or because there's already a zero chance of Fukada or Ya-san becoming astronauts... Fukada is simply too old and useless without his glasses, Ya-san has a tendency to be really annoying and hard to deal with and that Tomii (rubix cube dude) is too introverted to be a good candidate.

As for Yamato (dude who hates Kenji), that guy's an asshole. Surely, the point system has failed group B in this situation with all this paranoia. I can't wait to see him break under pressure and lose his candidacy, though, but it's also possible that Kenji might resign under his own fears of leaving his daughter alone.

Lastly, anyone thinking that Serika may have hurt her chances with the food? I thought it was pretty careless to misuse food like that by giving everyone above average portions... I'm not too sure about how much food astronauts are allowed to bring up there, but I don't think they would ever send people up there with monstrous appetites/metabolisms.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-15-2012, 07:32 PM
The doctor's definitely giving out orders, but I wonder if it really is blackmailing or if it's just instructions for the test. You'd think that accepting the blackmail would be instant fail since you lack integrity.. but maybe you're right, and that their envy of those who are better candidates lead to them being called the "green" ones by JAXA.

Serika... yeah, not being able to ration properly against your urges is a pretty big flaw. Imagine if it was with oxygen.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Serika is too excellent a candidate to fail because of that. She is even skipping meals to make up for it, so that means she has learned her lesson at this point. Failing her would not benefit JAXA any.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Oh, she's not going to fail, but this incident just won't reflect positively on her I think.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-21-2012, 10:32 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 17 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=334122)

enkoujin
Sun, 07-22-2012, 02:23 AM
I think Mutta's ability to notice these small things is really giving him an edge over his competition. Detection and prevention of catastrophes is an excellent ability to have for any prospective astronaut. Small things that go unnoticed or ignored really do snowball into avalanches.

I wonder if Mutta's beats per minute levels will affect, if at all, JAXA's evaluation of his candidacy...

Lastly, any speculation on what Mutta's green card is? There's a possibility that it might have something to do with doing something to each women on each team. However, it's more plausible if he had to break all the lights to simulate cases where all electric power will have to be diverted to mechanical maneuvering during landings, start a fire/hazardous incident inside the ship to simulate a crash or hardware malfcuntioning or possibly dump all the water to simulate a bacterial contamination of their water.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-22-2012, 02:42 AM
I wonder if Mutta's beats per minute levels will affect, if at all, JAXA's evaluation of his candidacy...

Not at all. I think that as long as it's a healthy reaction it's fine. At least JAXA's top leaders are as perceptive as Mutta is.

As for Mutta's green card, I don't think he'll get one. The subs said that Team A had survived the green cards as if they were over already. Plus, their effectiveness diminishes the more you use them since everyone starts learning of their existence.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Serika is so moe. I generally hate airheads, but she is the exception.

enkoujin
Sat, 07-28-2012, 10:45 PM
[HorribleSubs] Space Brothers - 18 [1080p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=336295)
[HorribleSubs] Space Brothers - 18 [720p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=336297)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Ka-pe!

I'm very glad Makabe could get back on his feet. I can totally understand how he just didn't care if everything fell apart to shits after all the effort he put in. The very fact that "Kape!" helped him back up means that the asshole can't use the family card against Makabe now neither since Makabe knows his family is cheering for him to succeed here.

Describing my feelings in one word: heartwarming.

Hilariously, the final green card assigned to Mutta was more of a test for him than it was for the rest of the team.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-29-2012, 08:42 PM
I just hope the monkey and the jerk in Makabe's team fail, permanently. While ability is important, team work is also key. Those two fail immensely in that aspect.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 19 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=338647)

----------------------------

lol.. Serika...

I don't like the idea of Asshole being nice for once after the past 2 weeks of picking on Makabe so that it'll end on a nice note. I'd rather he be an asshole all the way through which is followed up with the deserving results (be it failing to be nominated/shunned by the group or whatever).

Even if he understands that all the stuff-ups were due to green cards, he's been bitter about Makabe "getting ahead" of him since the very beginning - and that feeling shouldn't be erased simply by knowing about the green cards. That's unless he now feels tired or sees that his actions are futile because Makabe has pretty much won the group over.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-11-2012, 10:36 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 20 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=340970)

-----------------------------------

Huh? So you play that with everybody at once until you had a match with clear losers and winners?

I would have thought to play it tournament style, but this sounds more fun.

enkoujin
Tue, 08-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Director(s) did a pretty good job with the preview; there aren't any clues as to who won or lost the rock-paper-scissors game. Then again, like the sports medicine dude said, JAXA's not necessarily picking the candidates chosen by the team.

I don't know why, but the last three episodes have been pretty dull; it's a good thing this exam ends next episode.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 08-15-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't even know how you play rock paper scissors with more than two people at a time, though I guess the goal was to randomize who wins or loses. A lottery system would've been simpler.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-15-2012, 06:14 PM
You play repeatedly until you have something that shows clear winners/losers.

For example:
1 rock, 4 sciccors
3 sciccors, 2 paper

The losers sit out while the winners play for the top and 2nd spots. In the case of the first example, the winner already secured 1st and the rest play for 2nd.

That's what I ended up with.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Correct.

enkoujin
Sat, 08-18-2012, 10:48 PM
[HorribleSubs] Space Brothers - 21 [720p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=343246)
[HorribleSubs] Space Brothers - 21 [480p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=343245)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-20-2012, 07:51 AM
WTF? They dragged the cliff-hanger on for a full episode?!

I think Serika and Mutto got it if I had to simply pick the two that won. They also both looked at each other when they were given contragulations, but that could have just been a "lovy dovy" thing.

HorribleSubs did label Mutto saying "The director says we still have a chance", implying that Mutto's in the same situation as Kenji.. but I failed to hear anything that resembled "we" in that sentence. It sounded more like "The director says there's still one last chance".

But if that was true, then I'd change my vote to Serika and Niita.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-20-2012, 08:05 AM
I'd check but I have already deleted the file and I don't have CR access anymore. I do vaguely remember thinking that Mutta is in the same boat as Kenji.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-20-2012, 08:40 AM
I'd check but I have already deleted the file and I don't have CR access anymore. I do vaguely remember thinking that Mutta is in the same boat as Kenji.

I just looked a bit further, and Mutta did indeed confirm he's in the same boat right before he drank the Acorn Coffee.

MFauli
Wed, 08-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Finished watching the last 7 episodes. Have to say, the flashbacks became kinda annoying and the progression in the present slowed down too much. Other than that, itīs still a highly enjoyable series.

What I wondered, at times, though, is if the author of this show did proper research on the topic of astronaut recruiting, or if all of these tests are made-up bullshit. Moreso, all of the JAXA-staff seem waaaaay too nice. Itīs nice to imagine such a family-like atmosphere, but I heavily doubt that itīs anything like that in reality.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-01-2012, 11:11 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 22 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=347911)

-------------------------------------

@7m07s into the episode: SHUT DOWN!!

No way Kenji's going to miss out. I'm putting money on that he mistyped (or Mutta misread/miscounted) the number of females to join the Houston squad.

enkoujin
Sun, 09-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Looking at next episode's preview, it looks like Kenji did lose... which is why his daughter was crying and his wife looked pretty disappointed.

MFauli
Sun, 09-02-2012, 01:57 PM
damn, poor Son-Gohan.

But I agree with Buffalo, no way is Kenji gonna lose here at this point. If the current result is right, no mistake made, then my guess is that one of the candidates will be disqualified/has an accident/gets ill, so Kenji gets to fill the then-empty spot.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 09-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I didn't actually watch the preview. Originally I thought that he'd be alright with losing since it meant that he got to stay with his daughter, but if no one seems alright with it...then yeah, Kenji's in. I hope that douche that was "competing" with Kenji for leadership of team B ends up dropping out one way or another.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-02-2012, 06:16 PM
That's what I am hoping would happen too. It would justify all the hate that was built around that character.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 09-03-2012, 12:48 AM
lol...your sig...it's perfect xD

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-09-2012, 03:49 AM
HorribleSubs - Episode 23 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=350459)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-15-2012, 11:20 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 24 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=352814)

MFauli
Sun, 09-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Ugh, i expected the interview to take place this week. Dat slow pace.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah, we're back to the same pacing as when Mutta was waiting for his JAXA exam..

The saving grace once again is Apo.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-16-2012, 10:25 AM
So Hibito has some issues with a senpai, and Mutta is wasting his time as usual.

And people call other anime slow paced.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-23-2012, 12:53 AM
HorribleSubs - Episode 25 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=354994)

MFauli
Sun, 09-23-2012, 04:12 AM
"start the ending music!"

lol wat

Enjoyable episode. At the pace things are going, Iīd say the interview will happen in about two episodes from now. Next week should be about the gathering before the start and then Hibitoīs start itself.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-27-2012, 10:16 PM
I wonder how I would feel if I was one of the two girls in the group who did not get any praise like Serika did. Maybe it wouldn't have been as bad IRL because you weren't in Team A and the lack of exposure meant you didn't care as much.

I knew Mutta wouldn't stop until he included Hibito in his list. I just didn't realise he was going to make sure everyone in front of him also got mentioned. Props to Mutta indeed.

Apo's reaction shots.. <3 as usual.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-29-2012, 10:23 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 26 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=357110)

MFauli
Sun, 09-30-2012, 03:11 AM
DAT CLIFFHANGER!

Ahhhh!

Next episode cant come soon enough!

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Haha, I like how the asshole guy was pretty much instant-fail. It's a default, polite (even true) answer.. but it doesn't sound like his assessor was impressed with it.

The glasses guy rocks.

enkoujin
Sun, 09-30-2012, 09:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oC67Z.jpg

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-30-2012, 10:58 PM
What the hell is a smork?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-01-2012, 01:23 AM
What the hell is a smork?

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7738/smork.jpg

It's not new, that's for sure.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-01-2012, 01:43 AM
It would be absolutely hilarious if that was intentional.

It is funny in any case.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-01-2012, 02:17 AM
Hmm, I never considered that it could be intentional...

Just noticed that they spelt waiting with two "T"s instead of one.

I didn't pick either of those up on my first watch though.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-06-2012, 10:31 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 27 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=359615)

------------------------------

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5809/horriblesubsspacebrothe.jpg

just... lol.....

MFauli
Sun, 10-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Is there no break in-between seasons? Not that I want to complain, but thatīs usually for big shounen-anime only, isnīt it (like Naruto or One Piece).

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Is there no break in-between seasons? Not that I want to complain, but thatīs usually for big shounen-anime only, isnīt it (like Naruto or One Piece).

You're saying that "not having a break in between seasons is something that only big shows tend to do", right?

If so: Traditionally though, shows were produced and aired continuously for as long as they were planned for.

The whole "we'll make 24 episodes, but split them into blocks of 12 with a break in the middle" only picked up recently. (past 2 years or so?).

The older shows had "true" sequels that were usually produced years apart, and were in response to demand. I would argue that the current trend of "split shows" are more of a continuation - the distinction being that the first run wouldn't always be a self-contained series.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-13-2012, 10:30 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 28 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=362196)

MFauli
Sun, 10-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Slow pace is killing me. :/

enkoujin
Sun, 10-21-2012, 12:32 AM
[HorribleSubs] Space Brothers - 29 [720p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=364829)

http://i.imgur.com/TDgjm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v8Xhl.jpg

enkoujin
Sun, 11-04-2012, 12:14 AM
[HorribleSubs] Space Brothers - 31 [720p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=370196)

Inazuma
Sun, 11-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Slow pace is killing me. :/

Aaannnd~ we are all dead now.

MFauli
Sun, 11-04-2012, 10:11 AM
This anime needs some negativity. All those positive, happy people are starting to get boring. I was kinda hoping for Hibitoīs rocket start to go wrong and explode and all that crap. Would have been a nice drama-twist. Guess Uchuu Kyoudai isnīt the show for such drama.

But I wonder what the incoming plot will consist of. Mutta basically made it. All thatīs left now is to undergo proper astronaut training, then wait for a mission he can join to come up. The story has kinda met its end.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-11-2012, 12:37 AM
This anime needs some negativity. All those positive, happy people are starting to get boring. I was kinda hoping for Hibitoīs rocket start to go wrong and explode and all that crap. Would have been a nice drama-twist. Guess Uchuu Kyoudai isnīt the show for such drama.

But I wonder what the incoming plot will consist of. Mutta basically made it. All thatīs left now is to undergo proper astronaut training, then wait for a mission he can join to come up. The story has kinda met its end.

Yeah.. I was wondering the same thing after watching episode 30. Mutta going through elimination rounds and stuff was the entire story. Unless there's some major stuff-up I can't really see anything to get me excited, and for that stuff-up to feel tense, Mutta would have to be in some sort of life/death situation (in a rocket/plane).

Marathonning the last 4 episodes (until31) have been somewhat painful.

HS - Episode 32 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=372662)

Inazuma
Sun, 11-11-2012, 10:51 AM
This show is deep in the sewers to me : now it's just drama and character developpement sprinkled with some space on top of it.
Space is the number one hero and should always be ! Fuck off Azuma, Fuck off Apo, Fuck off happy families and insensitive reporters !
Give me back thrusters failures, air leaks Apollo 13 style already.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-12-2012, 06:16 AM
This show is deep in the sewers to me : now it's just drama and character developpement sprinkled with some space on top of it.
Space is the number one hero and should always be ! Fuck off Azuma, Fuck off Apo, Fuck off happy families and insensitive reporters !
Give me back thrusters failures, air leaks Apollo 13 style already.

Hmm, I actually liked this episode a lot better than the previous few. The biggest reason is that they actually touched on something interesting (The "cold" Azuma's backstory/motives) instead of playing 20 minutes of unremarkable launch footage and parties.

More space would be good, but I'll take character development over bland space/launch segments.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-18-2012, 12:42 AM
HS - Episode 33 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=375251)

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
I was laughing ridiculously at the epic music playing in the background while the lander was touching down. The utter lack of tension combined with the music was absurd. At least they didn't spend a whole episode on it and left us off with a clifhanger consisting of Hibito's foot landing on the moon: "Will his foot touch the surface of the moon? Will a single shit be given? Tune in to next week's episode to find out!"

Inazuma
Sun, 11-18-2012, 02:38 PM
The amount of puke in this show is too damn high.

It became one of these shows where you just browse through the timeline for me.
I'm sorry I'm saying this - but Space Brother should just get cancelled and leave it's funding and timeslot to something else.

MFauli
Sun, 12-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Awsome, hopefully we got an episode like that for EVERY candidate.

</sarcasm>

fake-edit: omg, wrote the above without seeing the preview. this cant be real :/

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 12-02-2012, 06:54 AM
We're probably going to get one for Serika next week. See, objectively speaking I didn't mind the back story. In fact, I kind of liked it. It's just that to tell it right when the results of the selection process are to be told makes the anime seem to come to a screeching halt in terms of progression.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-18-2012, 01:43 AM
HS - Episode 34 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=377477), 35 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=379644), 36 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=381793), 37 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=383815)

--------------------------------------

The past few episodes of backstories have been much better than the slow "Look at how I waste time while results come out" episodes.

Makabe's family rocks!

Inazuma
Tue, 12-18-2012, 01:50 AM
This thread is barely surviving thanks to Buff.
This show really went wrong at some point.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-23-2012, 08:24 AM
HS - Episode 38 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=385962)

-------------------------------

Nice easy pacing with meaningful reflections.. but hurry up and get that AllSpark!

MFauli
Sun, 01-06-2013, 03:56 AM
ep 39 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=390002) is out!

-------------

Houston, we have a plot!

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 01-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Wow...I was wondering how I'd be made to care about the space events...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
It's like the year 2025 or something and they still haven't figured out something to help these guys out? You'd think that before landing on the moon they'd orbit the place and map it out or something..

Still, good to feel some sort of tension.. and I bet you Nitta really was asleep.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-12-2013, 11:58 PM
HS - Episode 40 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=392434)

-------------------------------------

This show really went wrong at some point.

And right now with the mission going wrong, the show is doing everything right!

Damn I'm looking forward to the next episode.

I don't suppose anybody here can tell me if you really hear hums in space?

Inazuma
Sun, 01-13-2013, 05:46 PM
It is getting better.
Also I guess you can't hear anything in space.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 01-13-2013, 06:05 PM
The moon's atmosphere is next to non-existent so I don't think it can transmit the pressure waves required to carry sound from a human voice across a distance.

MFauli
Sun, 01-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Dunno which it was, but in some other scifi-series, astronauts could talk to each other by pressing their helmet visors against each otherīs. Is that possible at all?

Anyway, while the last 2 eps were better, theyīre only short-term interesting. Unless Hibito and Co. find an alien base on the dark side of the moon, things will be resolved rather quickly. So, I still need a proper plot plan for Mutta.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-21-2013, 02:10 AM
HS - Episode 41 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=394889)

--------------------------

What's that, like the shortest episode ever?!

Damn NASA..

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 01-21-2013, 03:18 AM
Azuma's going to reroute the unmanned rovers to the site Mutta suggested and all will be well. I'm beginning to forget that I was well on my way to not liking this show anymore. I am a bit worried about what's left to cover after this situation is resolved, assuming they live. If they die, it'll be easier to draw out some interesting stories for awhile longer.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-27-2013, 05:10 AM
HS - Episode 42 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=397565)

------------------------------

Azuma's going to reroute the unmanned rovers to the site Mutta suggested and all will be well.

Didn't happen!

Hibitoooo!

MFauli
Sun, 01-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Well, itīs too obvious: Thereīs oxygen left in Brianīs old astronaut suit, which Hibitoīs going to use for survival. Then weīll get some "thanks, Brian" feel-good scene and thatīs that.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Well, itīs too obvious: Thereīs oxygen left in Brianīs old astronaut suit, which Hibitoīs going to use for survival. Then weīll get some "thanks, Brian" feel-good scene and thatīs that.

Old astronaut suit? His suit is underneath that little mound?

I don't know why it isn't possible, but the smartest thing to do would be to tap into another astronaut's oxygen tank. Damian can use his backup while Hibito uses his main.

But that question is the same as why they didn't map out the moon before - to create tension.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 01-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Didn't happen!

Hibitoooo!

lol, seriously! As he was trekking his way across along the chasm and took the misstep that had him dragging and possibly swinging from the rover, I thought to myself "geez, everything's going wrong for this guy :(". Then Azuma didn't come through like I thought he would and that just made things even worse. Hibitooooooooooo!

Right now, I don't trust these writers at all. They want to kill Hibito :(. Though really, why is Brian's suit there? Did he have a spare or something?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-30-2013, 12:26 AM
lol, seriously! As he was trekking his way across along the chasm and took the misstep that had him dragging and possibly swinging from the rover, I thought to myself "geez, everything's going wrong for this guy :(". Then Azuma didn't come through like I thought he would and that just made things even worse. Hibitooooooooooo!

Right now, I don't trust these writers at all. They want to kill Hibito :(. Though really, why is Brian's suit there? Did he have a spare or something?

That doll has Brian's name on it. Brian's brother (Andrew? Edward? Tim?) has a matching one and is on the spacecraft that is orbiting the moon right now. As for whether there's anything underneath the mound... no idea.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-03-2013, 01:05 AM
HS - Episode 43 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=400092)

-----------------

Even with all the foreshadowing of Brian saving the day, this episode still felt tense.

MFauli
Sun, 02-03-2013, 03:51 AM
oh for fucks sake. With how close this was, I actually thought heīd die. When he fell into these oxygen cable strings at the end I though theyīd make it extra tragic.

Well, this cements the fact that this anime wonīt ever have any real drama involving the main characters.
And next episodes seems to be wholly wasted on the welcoming of Hibitoīs survival, sigh. Wonder how theyīre intending to make Muttaīs plot more interesting.

Inazuma
Sun, 02-03-2013, 02:46 PM
An asteroid hit the database convention a couple episode before this one, everyone got exited, people like me and you found hope into this drama action survival bit only to see that in the end, NO ONE DIES EVER.
Appo is Jar Jar Binks and this whole fucking is like him, in serious need of getting dead and erased from our minds.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
I had this weird dichotomic feelings this episode. As soon as I saw the asphyxiation kick in, and his thrashing about, I knew he couldn't die because that scene to end in death would have been brutality I simply don't expect from the show. However, it was still hard to watch and it felt like watching a death scene. Heh...how shounen of you Hibito xD.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-03-2013, 08:43 PM
From a realistic perspective, I didn't like that he had difficulty breathing before the counter hit zero, since they were saying that that's the point where O2 saturation drops below the normal 20% (and by logic, until then your breathing is completely fine).

On the other hand, I was pretty amused that Brian Jay turned out to be such a goofball.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 02-04-2013, 11:40 PM
From a realistic perspective, I didn't like that he had difficulty breathing before the counter hit zero, since they were saying that that's the point where O2 saturation drops below the normal 20% (and by logic, until then your breathing is completely fine).

On the other hand, I was pretty amused that Brian Jay turned out to be such a goofball.

They definitely did mess that up. I got the feeling that it would've been reasonable for him to have difficulty breathing if the extra exertion he made during his run out of the ravine had been taken into account. The heavy breathing made it seem like it was but that his O2 meter might've been malfunctioning. But his sudden reaction to the drop when time was up kind of threw that out the window.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-05-2013, 02:58 AM
They definitely did mess that up. I got the feeling that it would've been reasonable for him to have difficulty breathing if the extra exertion he made during his run out of the ravine had been taken into account. The heavy breathing made it seem like it was but that his O2 meter might've been malfunctioning. But his sudden reaction to the drop when time was up kind of threw that out the window.

Yeah.

I think they should have kept him fine up until Zero and just have him carefreely thinking about stuff.

When the counter hits zero, the curve should drop off slowly, while Hibito gradually loses his breath in a corresponding manner.

The alternative would have been to drop it rapidly and have him die really quickly but that's not good for drama.

And there's also the premature depletion as you mentioned.

David75
Wed, 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I've been catching up with this show... and just finished the oxygen drama, that would never happen that way.

First of all, you do not decide to go out repairing an autonomous probe on a whim in that setting. Everything is carefully planned ahead. Also, they should have know far better the last point where they lost track of that probe.
Then, they should have detailed maps and a lunar GPS with detailed terrain and multiple best routes proposed so that you do not encounter a ravine... twice!
You'd never be suprised by the fact there are 2 levers instead of one.
All of the intro to the setting is severely flawed. So it's hard to believe in anything after that.

Regarding the choice not to follow Mutta's idea for the meeting point is ok, but they had to have Azuma make the calling to send the oxygen tank there.
My guess is that there's a little speed/time/math problem involved. Hard to tell.

For the setting, there are numerous incidents that can happen with the rover, a meteorite or whatever, producing similar situations and tension, but with a much more realistic background giving even more weight to what you're watching.

Regarding O2 levels, well yeah, trained people can climb pretty high in low O2 levels altitudes. I just don't know how quickly the levels go down in a very small volume spacesuit... At least, I think that when you pass out, you never make it back/walk ten meters and have enough willpower and brains to connect yourself to the O2 tank...

Regarding the 20 kilometers treck, I guess Hibito should have thought of a way to preserve his O2. After all, the time target depends on your O2 consumption that varies with effort. Since he's very light on the moon, is young and sporty, he could have found a way to stand on the rover and use the pole so that he uses minimum efforts to get to the ravine's exit.

The script was severely flawed, but I watched with tension regardless. After all, I wouldn't call Brian's death soft or anything... Of course Hibito would not die after 43 eps, but Brian was there to remind everyone shit can happen.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-09-2013, 11:36 PM
HS - Episode 44 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=402508)

MFauli
Sun, 02-10-2013, 04:24 AM
sloooooooooooooooooooooow pace back again. yay

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-10-2013, 06:21 AM
I don't mind it at the moment since we're in the recovery phase after the hellish incident. They've managed to keep things slow yet eventful in the past, so that's the best I can hope for.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
HS - Episode 45 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=404902)

----------------------------------------

More training arcs! Time to meet new assholes to overcome and backstories to flesh out.

Inazuma
Sun, 02-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Havent seen this episode just yet, but this better not be a Naruto training arc, because I will add this show's name to my adblock list

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Havent seen this episode just yet, but this better not be a Naruto training arc, because I will add this show's name to my adblock list

Well, this episode is the build-up episode to the next training arc. ;)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
HS - Episode 46 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=407152)

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Well, with last week's preview I was expecting an episode with more substance, and spending more time dealing with drill seargent astronaut teacher. I'll forgive that it wasn't though, because the episode made me laugh twice. Muraski's prank, and the portrayal of the american sitcom when Mutta and Kenji were watching television were comedic gold. I almost shed a tear laughing.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-24-2013, 07:22 PM
I sure wasn't expecting a drill-searg character, but I'll be eager to see how the two (Mutta and him) interact. Azuma was sort of a hard-ass, but he just silently rejected people most of the time. This new guy'll actually do some whipping. :)

(PS: it would be hilarious if despite all this, Vincent Bold falls for Serika as well)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-02-2013, 11:41 PM
HS - Episode 47 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=409456)

MFauli
Sun, 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
slow pace is slow.

Damn, I want to see what Wesker is up to :>

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-03-2013, 11:06 AM
slow pace is slow.

Damn, I want to see what Wesker is up to :>

Who is Wesker?

Inazuma
Mon, 03-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Who is Wesker?

It's what jumped to mind
http://cdn11.ne.be/ckContents/images//Mai%202012/albert-wesker.jpg

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-10-2013, 02:36 AM
HS - Episode 48 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=411884)

------------------------------------------

Doesn't Vincent know? If you talk while others are talking on the radio, they can't hear you. Then they'll ask you to repeat what you just said, so you end up wasting your time!!!

Inazuma
Sun, 03-10-2013, 12:07 PM
NASA using Renault trucks for the desert.
WAIT WAT ?

David75
Sun, 03-10-2013, 12:16 PM
NASA using Renault trucks for the desert.
WAIT WAT ?

Had the same reaction, didn't want to post about it though...
Durandal bombs are used by the airforce too, or at least they did.

Bob"s car had a logo very similar to the new citroën one too... and somehow the rear of that car reminds of the late70 early 80 citroën cars like the CX or others.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-17-2013, 04:43 AM
HS - Episode 49 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=414063)

----------------------------------

Forced drama again, if I must say. It might have worked better in the manga without the running lunge taking 2 seconds, but otherwise it would have been more intuitive to warn Nitta vocally at that distance.

The red herring made it fun though, so it's forgiven. After that moon-crater incident, this is nothing.

MFauli
Sun, 03-17-2013, 06:41 AM
yay, personal drama next episode. :/

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-17-2013, 07:58 AM
yay, personal drama next episode. :/

I wouldn't mind that though. Nitta's a cool guy. Perhaps too cool, and I don't know anything about him except that he's an overachiever compared to Mutta. It'll be interesting to get a bit more of his story, particularly since out of Group A (that's their astronaut group I think), he's the only one left without a backstory about motivation.

Besides, the only interesting thing to come out of these last 2 days of desert marching is a rattlesnake (all 10 seconds of it). Drama is most welcome.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-23-2013, 11:13 PM
HS - Episode 50 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=416252)

Inazuma
Sun, 03-24-2013, 06:47 AM
Hey guys !
Let's troll the entire planet.
Say we make a show about space, with space in the title, and it's nothing but training arcs, drama, bullshit, filler, training, drama, unlikeable dogs, old people ... And we keep the rockets, shuttles, explosions, Apollo 11 accidents, to a minimum.

I want the guy behind this to go to prison.
It's like making a MMO with nothing but grinding quests allowing you to grind more without contact with other players

MFauli
Sun, 03-24-2013, 08:06 AM
The most random hikikomori sidestory Iīve ever witnessed. AND itīs spanning two episodes. Wow. Just wow.

I canīt even be bothered to complain about Nittaīs idiocy to not just simply call his brother back. HE WAS CALLING A SECOND AGO! Just say you pressed the wrong button or whatever. So dumb.

David75
Sun, 03-24-2013, 10:28 AM
The most random hikikomori sidestory Iīve ever witnessed. AND itīs spanning two episodes. Wow. Just wow.

I canīt even be bothered to complain about Nittaīs idiocy to not just simply call his brother back. HE WAS CALLING A SECOND AGO! Just say you pressed the wrong button or whatever. So dumb.

Yup, Nitta should be disqualified for that.
Also because he's not even able to be careful of his phone enough, when it's apparently so important for him...

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
It's not the most exciting show out right now, but I didn't hate this episode for some reason. Couldn't tell you why. If nothing else, the show manages to stay off my nerves more often than Magi.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-25-2013, 09:26 PM
It's not the most exciting show out right now, but I didn't hate this episode for some reason. Couldn't tell you why.

Because it's a good bro-bonding episode between Mutta and Nitta, even if Nitta's problems are kinda lolwuthitthatbitch.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-30-2013, 11:49 PM
HS - Episode 51 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=418494)

MFauli
Sun, 03-31-2013, 06:52 AM
worst episode of this anime series so far. skipped the first half entirely. make me care pls

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-31-2013, 10:53 AM
It was that bad huh? Maybe it's because I'm also an older brother, or I was in the mood for some smooth sailing, but I rather liked it. It's your insightful/experience episode - the ones where nothing happens, but you move forward.

The next episode looks to be the opposite - stuff happens, but nothing actually happens.

Inazuma
Sun, 03-31-2013, 11:15 AM
21 mins of show, watching 90sec, then pulled very hard on the eject seat handles.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-06-2013, 11:52 AM
HS - Episode 52 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=420822)

MFauli
Sat, 04-06-2013, 12:02 PM
whats with the early release?

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 04-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Recap episode? tl;dw

And I the previous intro better. If nothing else, the part I saw before I started skipping through reminded me that this series could still possibly go into the realm of science-fiction. Like, actual science fiction and not just bad physics.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-13-2013, 10:14 AM
whats with the early release?

I'm guessing it's a schedule change.

HS - Episode 53 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=423200)

David75
Sat, 04-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Schedule change for recap crap.
So we had that moon drama, crap, then recap for the crap and now recap for the moon drama.
Great.

Next, should we get recap for recaps?

MFauli
Sat, 04-13-2013, 11:08 AM
this episode felt like a troll. a recap episode right after a recap episode? WTF?!

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Space Brothers is a slow show. Even recaps take 2 episodes to cover.

Spent 10 seconds flicking through the ep before archiving it. At least I caught a glimpse at Serika. That's always refreshing, even if the blue jumpsuit doesn't do her justice.

David75
Sat, 04-20-2013, 10:15 AM
And another recap...
I hope it is the last one... or do we have info on when this recrap thing stops?
[HorribleSubs] Space Brothers - 54 [1080p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=425477)
[HorribleSubs] Space Brothers - 54 [720p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=425475)

MFauli
Sat, 04-20-2013, 11:03 AM
ANOTHER RECAP!

What in the nine godsī name?!

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-27-2013, 08:53 AM
HS - Episode 55 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=427859)

Inazuma
Sat, 04-27-2013, 10:45 AM
This show is the Canada of the anime world. It still exits even though no one cares anymore.

MFauli
Sat, 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Finally, a new episode!

Seems like we have a gay couple now.

Anyway, they already damaged Muttaīs chance to shine. Engineering should be his expertise, but since we actually got to hear Muttaīs thoughts about this task, and confidently so, itīs clear that it wonīt be going so smooth. Still, I hope Mutte can show off here.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Seems like we have a gay couple now.

Hey, Vince ~

I would actually say Amanti was hesitant when she agreed with Mutta. Perhaps her real shock was that Pico would get it on with Mutta.

MFauli
Sat, 04-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah, Amantiīs vision seems to be in the future as of now. Muttaīs cold wasnīt what she saw.

oh god, why is fortune telling a real thing in this anime >_<

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-04-2013, 09:41 AM
HS - Episode 56 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=430231)

MFauli
Sat, 05-04-2013, 09:43 AM
havent seen it yet, but: i like that this has become a saturday release. with shingeki, hxh and oreimo on sunday, itīs better this way.

Edit:

Oh god, whats wrong with me?! I teared up a bit when that one guy told Mutta and Kenji that it wasnīt Picoīs fault that Brian crashed, and that Brian would be alive, had they used Picoīs system. Damn.

Rather good episode, Mutta also had a moment of seriousness and competence.

David75
Sat, 05-04-2013, 10:48 AM
I just love how fiction and reality can overlap sometimes.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/04/nasas-orion-spacecraft-takes-another-parachute-test-intentiona/#continued

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Oh god, whats wrong with me?! I teared up a bit when that one guy told Mutta and Kenji that it wasnīt Picoīs fault that Brian crashed, and that Brian would be alive, had they used Picoīs system. Damn.

See MFauli? That's emotional! >_>

It was a great moment.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-11-2013, 09:10 AM
HS - Episode 57 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=432495)

David75
Sat, 05-11-2013, 10:34 AM
At least something nice happens.
I just hope this is hydrophobic sponge... because lucky as he is, his rover will eventually meet some water, even in a semi-desertic area...

MFauli
Sat, 05-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Another good episode. Letīs hope this keeps up.

Loved the bro-coming between Mutta and Pico. And heīs getting closer to Wesker, too.

Dumbest moment of the episode: Women should fold the parachute ... because itīs a traditional thing. Lol. The only way this scene and the lack of a reaction from the girls is that two of them are Japanese (where girls are supposed to cry during sex) and one of them is Indian, which also is a rather male-centric country ... even though the indian woman didnīt make such a subservient impression on me.
In the real world, such reasoning would cause a huge ruckus.

David75
Sat, 05-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Well, Serika was also responsible for the cooking and food management before...

Although I agree with your comments, even more if we think "American society 10 years from now", I just decided to forget that part and focus on what was nice for once.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-12-2013, 12:46 AM
I just hope this is hydrophobic sponge... because lucky as he is, his rover will eventually meet some water, even in a semi-desertic area...

Yeah. We haven't seen the "dreadful" vision Amanti saw yet either. I wonder if/when that second backup rover will come in, since the current one isn't destroyed. I doubt chancing tires and programming counted. Maybe it'll rain 2 days before and Mutta will have to build an extension-type wheel in 2 days?

The look on Vince's face after Mutta says he'll crash his date was pretty funny.

MFauli
Sat, 05-18-2013, 09:27 AM
new ep is out.

wow, worst teacher EVER

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-18-2013, 10:36 AM
HS - Episode 58 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=434662)

-------------------------------------------

Rick's dead, and given how he wanted to be a flight director it shouldn't be training related. Probably some random accident. It must really suck for Vince and Pico though.. one of them hasn't been in space and the other one doesn't build spaceships. Does anyone living in a small town have anything to say about the adults' mentality there? Being pragmatic is good, but wait till you've got responsibilities man. Or.. you know, highschool graduation grades. On screen, the three kids look like they're 12-14, but if they're deciding on universities/colleges next episode am I supposed to think of them as 16 year olds?

MFauli
Sat, 05-18-2013, 10:40 AM
They looked 14-16 to me. Donīt h-doujins fool you, Buff, real girls arenīt that busty.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-25-2013, 08:51 AM
HS - Episode 59 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=436797)

MFauli
Sat, 05-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Ever since these terribad flashbacks ended, Uchuu Kyoudai got really good again. This episode especially worked so well, because of how Vince and Pico were introduced to us. Intense stuff, damn.

About the sponge tires: Canīt you just a) use spongle material that doesnīt absorb water, or b) apply some sort of spray that makes the sponge hydrophobe? Just because itīs sponge doesnīt mean it sucks in all water.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Ever since these terribad flashbacks ended, Uchuu Kyoudai got really good again. This episode especially worked so well, because of how Vince and Pico were introduced to us. Intense stuff, damn.

About the sponge tires: Canīt you just a) use spongle material that doesnīt absorb water, or b) apply some sort of spray that makes the sponge hydrophobe? Just because itīs sponge doesnīt mean it sucks in all water.

Agreed that this episode was good.

Even if you make it hydrophobic though, would wet mud bog it down? How about the grip factor?

David75
Sat, 05-25-2013, 04:18 PM

And it really had to happen...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-01-2013, 08:51 AM
HS - Episode 60 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=438951)

-----------------------------------------

Quite a satisfying ending there. I was under the impression that silicon flexes, but doesn't contract much like that, but whatever.

The best parts of Space Brothers is the teamwork and competition type of episodes, which means next week is back to snail-pace wait-for-event-to-unfold again.

MFauli
Sat, 06-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Ha, so they did what I proposed. Yay. Though I feared that sealing stuff would somehow act like glue and become so hard that the sponge canīt expand any longer. Guess not.

Donīt know how to feel about that LEGO-figure. Itīs cute, but letīs be real here: This is important stuff, and even if the chance is miniscule ... IF that figure somehow caused the whole thing to fail, damn.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
HS - Episode 61 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=441108)

---------------------------------------------

The best parts of Space Brothers is the teamwork and competition type of episodes, which means next week is back to snail-pace wait-for-event-to-unfold again.

Well, I was wrong. That was a pretty impressive re-entry. I've only ever seen them depicted as a module going red and heating up, but it was pretty visually intensive here. Nicely done. It also didn't take 2.5 episodes. :D (maybe next week.)

Amanti's news though... suggests someone's going to die.. someone like Sharron.

MFauli
Sat, 06-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Back to slow pace hell -_-

I wonder if itīs legal to give away some moon stone just like that, lol.

And yeah, Sharronīs dead fish. Byebye.

David75
Sat, 06-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I was a little surprised they seemed to have telemetry during the high temperature entry phase.
Maybe my knowledge is old, but I thought that during that phase there's so much interference that no signal can pass the firewall and the stations have to wait for the module to get to slower speeds before they get a signal again.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-15-2013, 09:08 AM
HS - Episode 62 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=443173)

MFauli
Sat, 06-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Pacing hell indeed.
Damn, itīs bad enough that they werenīt subtle at all who "ano hito" would be, but now theyīre spanning it over at least 2 episodes. ugh

Also, Amanti is just some true freak bitch. Who in their right mind would tell a friend "someone you know is gonna become really ill", because he/she is THAT serious about premonitions? Feels like Im watching a full-on fantasy-anime.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-15-2013, 10:22 AM
I think the stress is building up on her, such that she thought it would be better for someone to know about it as if they could prevent it. Also, they're people of science so hopefully they're not of the "I can't be wrong" mentality. There's also the possibility that Mutta would get angry at Amanti for not telling him, which may have prevented this (not really, but still). Then there's the "right to know" argument.

In short, I don't blame Amanti even if it's counter-intuitive. Perhaps she should have asked Mutta if he wants to know what she saw, but that's about it.

As for the pacing, I didn't mind it. The scenes were emotionally charged (be it Sharon's vision, Amanti's reveal) so I felt like watching (as opposed to fast-forwarding). I didn't realise astronats would feel so tired after coming down, just the osteoporosis part. Hibito shouldn't have been able to throw the rock like he did then. Fatigue + strength/trajectory judgement would have been so off. That's not to mention that a rock would be super-sharp without an atmosphere to buffer it with. I thought they mentioned that one time when they talked about the moondust.

David75
Sat, 06-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Regarding Sharon being the one to have a severe illness, I'm a little surprised Amanti didn't include Serika in the pained people.
Of course, she's not as close has the Nambas to Sharon, but the way she idolizes Sharon should at least have her bear some sadness.
It even seems to me like the symptoms she shows leads to the same illness Serika's father died from (but my memory could be wrong).
Now, it's quite possible the pain Hibito and Mutta is so vastly superior to Serika's, that Amanti can't see it.

On another note, when they were running, I thought Amanti was seeing Mutta's and Serika's wedding :D

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Now, it's quite possible the pain Hibito and Mutta is so vastly superior to Serika's, that Amanti can't see it.

I didn't like that she mentioned Hibito. It makes it sound like she reads people from a distance, which would pose the question of asking who she chooses to read on passing - including the Serika question you asked. I dare say she sees significant life events (as you suggested) as opposed to what their next meal is.

Did Serika's dad have Huntington's or something?

David75
Sat, 06-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I remember Serika's dad dying from a muscular disease, he eventually lost all muscle movement, even muscles for his lungs...
It was her reason for being a doctor and willing to fly the international space station around earth to conduct medical experiments that might help searching cures for such illnesses.

Now, Sharon not being able to securely hold her phone might not be for the same reason.

MFauli
Sat, 06-15-2013, 12:44 PM
I think the stress is building up on her, such that she thought it would be better for someone to know about it as if they could prevent it. Also, they're people of science so hopefully they're not of the "I can't be wrong" mentality. There's also the possibility that Mutta would get angry at Amanti for not telling him, which may have prevented this (not really, but still). Then there's the "right to know" argument.

In short, I don't blame Amanti even if it's counter-intuitive. Perhaps she should have asked Mutta if he wants to know what she saw, but that's about it.

Um ... no.
The problem is not if she tells Mutta or not. The problem is that Amanti CAN see the future, and is CONVINCED herself that she is capable of doing that. What the fuck is this, Harry Potter? Lord of the Rings?
This part of the show is so, so, so dumb.

"Hey, letīs make an anime about pseudo-realistic space flight."
"Cool idea. But we should have premonitions, too."
"Premoni- wait, wat."
"Well, you see ... because!"
"Canīt argue with that. Letīs put it in!"

Or something like that.
Seriously, one of the dumbest decisions in anime in years.

David75
Sat, 06-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Um ... no.
The problem is not if she tells Mutta or not. The problem is that Amanti CAN see the future, and is CONVINCED herself that she is capable of doing that. What the fuck is this, Harry Potter? Lord of the Rings?
This part of the show is so, so, so dumb.

"Hey, letīs make an anime about pseudo-realistic space flight."
"Cool idea. But we should have premonitions, too."
"Premoni- wait, wat."
"Well, you see ... because!"
"Canīt argue with that. Letīs put it in!"

Or something like that.
Seriously, one of the dumbest decisions in anime in years.

You're forgetting the (to be confirmed?) alien contact Hibito and Mutta had.

MFauli
Sat, 06-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Aliens probably do exist, considering the vastness of space. Magic doesnīt (outside of a super progressive civilisation, where technology has advanced to a level thatīs like-magic - but Amanti is not an alien ...)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Magic doesn't, but superstition does. Japan, amongst other cultures, is quite known for embracing superstition without rejecting science. It's amazingly bizarre.

David75
Sat, 06-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Aliens probably do exist, considering the vastness of space. Magic doesnīt (outside of a super progressive civilisation, where technology has advanced to a level thatīs like-magic - but Amanti is not an alien ...)

Well, the guy is in his 30s, having people with cancer (for example) in their families or relations is highly probable. Even deaths start to occur (grand parents). So without much details, Amanti's "prediction" isn't that magical, at least you can always pretend to interpret it like that, rather than some real prediction or magical power.

MFauli
Sat, 06-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Well, the guy is in his 30s, having people with cancer (for example) in their families or relations is highly probable. Even deaths start to occur (grand parents). So without much details, Amanti's "prediction" isn't that magical, at least you can always pretend to interpret it like that, rather than some real prediction or magical power.

That still doesnīt change the real problem here: That Amanti is bitch enough to take her superstition/premonition/magic bs for so serious that she decides to bother another person with it. Makes her a complete religious nut.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-15-2013, 07:33 PM
That still doesnīt change the real problem here: That Amanti is bitch enough to take her superstition/premonition/magic bs for so serious that she decides to bother another person with it. Makes her a complete religious nut.

Hey, it's not like she's the only one who believes her visions are accurate.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-22-2013, 09:40 AM
HS - Episode 63 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=445159)

MFauli
Sat, 06-22-2013, 10:34 AM
OH FUCK THE PACE!!1

Cant wait for next episode. Didnt expect Sharon to suffer from the same disease as Serikaīs dad, which makes it all the more dramatic. Damn.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Looks like David was on the money.

My reaction to the first Dr's briefing though... "WTF? You ordered blood tests and even an MRI, but you didn't do a musculoskeletal nor a neurological exam? WHY?!?!?!"

MSK and Neuro are the lengthiest exams to learn though. (watching this just got me motivated to learn them properly now)

David75
Sat, 06-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Well, somehow it's a bit sad they had to use the same illness. But it helps creating a bond between important characters in the show.
I'm still a little surprised Amanti didn't see it in Serika, after all, she of all people know best what Sharon's illness means. Or maybe with her past experience she can deal part of the emotional shock better, even more since she's not very close to her?
Or Amanti didn't see it, because it makes her "power" less magical...

MFauli
Sat, 06-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Amanti had most of her chakra exhausted, I think ...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-29-2013, 09:36 AM
HS - Episode 64 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=447465)

---------------------------

I liked this episode. It seemed.. poetic.

MFauli
Sat, 06-29-2013, 10:23 AM
HEY, ANIME! STOP MAKING ME SAD!

:(

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-30-2013, 11:03 AM
I feel that the entire story about Sharon's disease is a mere plot device to get Mutta and Serika closer together.

Just kidding.

MFauli
Sun, 07-07-2013, 10:49 AM
no episode this week?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-07-2013, 10:58 AM
no episode this week?

No idea. I'm just camping out for it as per usual.

David75
Sun, 07-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Next ep will be aired on July 13, read that on wikipedia I think.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-13-2013, 11:03 AM
HS - Episode 65 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=452126)

MFauli
Sat, 07-13-2013, 04:53 PM
i hate slow pacing.

But i hate the week-wait after having seen a good episode, too.

:(

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-19-2013, 09:54 PM
I want to know what score Mutta gets now. I bet you he shits all over the other guys who made fun of him. Too bad they probably won't announce it in public.

I had to present a little problem-solving case this week where the patient had ALS/MND. The diagnosis turned out to be "easy" for me because this was the only motor neuron disease I knew thanks to Space Brothers. :p

David75
Sat, 07-20-2013, 01:04 AM
I want to know what score Mutta gets now. I bet you he shits all over the other guys who made fun of him. Too bad they probably won't announce it in public.

I had to present a little problem-solving case this week where the patient had ALS/MND. The diagnosis turned out to be "easy" for me because this was the only motor neuron disease I knew thanks to Space Brothers. :p

I fear the days when all physicians are only anime trained... :eek:

MFauli
Sat, 07-20-2013, 06:40 AM

i said wow

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-20-2013, 10:14 AM
HS - Episode 66 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=454490)

-------------------------------------------

Is it okay for the people on the ground to not wear hearing protection? I was thinking about that during the previous episode as well. And damn that was a random bird.

David75
Sat, 07-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Of course it feels random.
Even if he was at a subsonic speed, let's say just below 300m/s , that's still incredibly fast to have any kind of reaction.
At 300 meters, one second before impact, that bird is like a little dot.
From memory, a man can distinguish a nude woman picture from anything else in under 200ms. Let's say our pilot can recognize a bird/object as quickly. That time is only possible when you are already watching the right place with full concentration.
Let's then say you need another 200ms to watch the right place with full concentration.
400ms, you know that there's an object with the wrong size, probably a bird. Will I really collide?
Should I move, which direction. What if I collide because I reacted?
I'm pretty sure that would last at least 400ms.
The remaining 200ms are barely enough to start moving your hand, and then there's some inertia from the plane.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do anything in that case.
Even more so if the speed is even higher.

So yes, it feels totally random, but happens.
That's why planes are tested against chicken gun, yup chicken gun seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_gun

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-20-2013, 01:26 PM
By random, I'm talking about the randomness of a single bird above the clouds. It's just... there.

MFauli
Sat, 07-20-2013, 06:00 PM
oh god, mutta and kenji flying together in formation was such a "dreamteam"-moment :>

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 07-22-2013, 08:13 PM
oh god, mutta and kenji flying together in formation was such a "dreamteam"-moment :>

Lol.

I kept wondering what Mutta's second test score is. I'll bet the highest of them all. And about a pilot being able to multitask while flying, it has Mutta written all over that.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-27-2013, 08:42 AM
HS - Episode 67 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=456860)

----------------------------------------------

All that multi-tasking. @.@

I don't think I could ever become a pilot. My spacial awareness isn't that great either.

MFauli
Sat, 07-27-2013, 11:36 AM
very nice episode. but next weeks looks boring. i want to see how mutta compares to the other ascans :>

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-03-2013, 09:35 AM
HS - Episode 68 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=459381)

MFauli
Sat, 08-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I really enjoy watching these episodes, but with that sort of pacing, we should get 40 minute-episodes each week.

David75
Sun, 08-04-2013, 11:33 AM
I already miss Serika...

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-05-2013, 09:19 AM
I really enjoy watching these episodes, but with that sort of pacing, we should get 40 minute-episodes each week.

Yeah, it's a funny thing. The episodes are indeed slow and I sometimes tune out and watch them resting my face on my palm, but Space Brothers makes some of the better slow-paced eps. I was about to suggest that only some dedicated slice-of-life shows beat it, but Space Brothers is kind of one in itself at times.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-10-2013, 09:19 AM
HS - Episode 69 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=461689)
There's a little segment after the ED/preview for your entertainment (or annoyance, if it grates you that way).

------------------------------------------------

"I can fantasize about her later" - thumbs up to Mutta.
I'd like to see something romantic come out of this. It'd be a little unsatisfying if Mutta didn't marry Serika by the end of it all.

Deneil Young was a fun chap, I'll miss him.. but slave-driving Vincent would keep things edgy.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-17-2013, 08:57 AM
HS - Episode 70 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=463953)

MFauli
Sat, 08-17-2013, 12:57 PM
mutta took the paragon choice, now all things seem to align with his wishes for the future, good. damn, heīs gonna score so hard once serika finds out how made it possible.

mr. hibbit might be the worst stuff ever, though.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-17-2013, 08:08 PM
mutta took the paragon choice, now all things seem to align with his wishes for the future, good. damn, heīs gonna score so hard once serika finds out how made it possible.

It amazes me that NASA wouldn't hire professionals regarding automobiles though. What's up with that (I think it's just to drive the story since it seems highly unrealistic). You don't design shuttles without consulting Boeing and Lockheed Martin. >_>

If your budget is tight, you need to get that fixed.

mr. hibbit might be the worst stuff ever, though.

I like watching it for the lulz. It's so like Japan to take an idea and spin it into something like.... that.

MFauli
Sat, 08-24-2013, 04:05 PM
no ep this week? :(

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-24-2013, 09:44 PM
no ep this week? :(

No releases as far as I can tell.

--------------

Nope.

Availability Notes

Due to a TV special airing this week in Japan, episode 71 of Space Brothers will air next Saturday, 8/31, at its normal time.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-31-2013, 08:50 AM
HS - Episode 71 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=468394)

---------------------

Damn that's harsh, one disorder after another. I suppose that unlike Sharon, there's still the possibility for Hibito to be cured of his panic attacks.

David75
Sat, 08-31-2013, 12:51 PM
HS - Episode 71 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=468394)

---------------------

Damn that's harsh, one disorder after another. I suppose that unlike Sharon, there's still the possibility for Hibito to be cured of his panic attacks.

Mutta is the head, Hibito the rest of the body.
When Hibito starts thinking, he panicks.

I'm pretty sure a mission with both brothers would be perfect.
After all, Hibito would know that with his brother on the Moon, he'd never had had to face a dangerous situation like he had.

MFauli
Sat, 08-31-2013, 01:24 PM
meh, i didnt need any problems for hibito. just focus on mutta :/

surely, hibito will overcome his anxiety. if i had to take a guess, itīll happen when mutta finalizes a fail-save buggy, that restores hibitoīs faith.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-31-2013, 08:23 PM
So how do you improve on a buggy like that? My first idea was to give it automatic weight transmission.

The next idea was emergency grappling hooks. :P

David75
Sun, 09-01-2013, 02:36 AM
So how do you improve on a buggy like that? My first idea was to give it automatic weight transmission.

The next idea was emergency grappling hooks. :P

This is after year 2025. I'm a little surprised they can't:
-Map the area they want to study
-Carefully plan safe routes, multiple ones, even with low speed zones for improved safety
-Have some kind of GPS, the second astronaut working as a true copilot, instead of deadweight

that can not prevent everything, because any positioning system can fail, but it would help a great deal.

MFauli
Sun, 09-01-2013, 03:01 AM
welll, why not simply:

1.) instlall some sort of sonar that permanently scans the ground in a 50-100 meter radius and automatically slows down speed when getting to close to a "hole"/edge

or

2.) as this is the future: some emergeny-hover device, like a bunch of air dischargers on the lower side of the buggy? Once you drive over an edge, air is being discharged (like they use for any maneuvers in space) and lets the buggy fly for a very limited amount of time, enough to have it reach safer grounds again.

since this is muttaīs only chance to get back to an astronautīs life, it has to be something flashier/more awesome than just instructions of behavior ;)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-01-2013, 03:26 AM
welll, why not simply:

1.) instlall some sort of sonar that permanently scans the ground in a 50-100 meter radius and automatically slows down speed when getting to close to a "hole"/edge

or

2.) as this is the future: some emergeny-hover device, like a bunch of air dischargers on the lower side of the buggy? Once you drive over an edge, air is being discharged (like they use for any maneuvers in space) and lets the buggy fly for a very limited amount of time, enough to have it reach safer grounds again.

since this is muttaīs only chance to get back to an astronautīs life, it has to be something flashier/more awesome than just instructions of behavior ;)

I would have thought to give it propulsions to travel in the opposite direction, such that if it detects you flew off an edge by driving forwards, you activate the reverse/up thrusters to push you back onto the ledge.

That wouldn't work out so well if you were trying to run away from aliens though.

As for the mapping thing, it really makes you wonder why it seems like such a hard task that no one even considers it.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-07-2013, 09:30 AM
HS - Episode 72 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=470677)

MFauli
Sat, 09-07-2013, 10:33 AM
ep felt super-short. :(

the "at a cheap price" sounded like it might come back to Mutta biting him in the ass.

And I agree with the other japanese astronaut, seeing Mutta train for lunar mission will only motivate Hibito even more.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-08-2013, 12:28 PM
ep felt super-short. :(

the "at a cheap price" sounded like it might come back to Mutta biting him in the ass.

And I agree with the other japanese astronaut, seeing Mutta train for lunar mission will only motivate Hibito even more.

I wonder if motivation would make things any better in practice, but it certainly sounds good. I'm sure it's the correct way to go about it in Hibito's case anyway since Asuma said so.

Do you watch the Hibbit Specials? They're pretty funny in a dumb way. I watch to find out what different animals all the various crew become.