PDA

View Full Version : Sankarea

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-07-2012, 08:43 AM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2490/sankarea2020012020large.jpg

Categories: Contemporary Fantasy, Fantasy, Horror

Plot: Furuya is obsessed with zombies. He collects any figurines, watches any movie, and plays any game with the living dead, and is even only interested in zombie girls. When his cat dies, Furuya begins trying to raise it from the dead using an ancient book of the occult he bought from a shop. But what will happen when he sees the idol of a nearby all-girls school walking close to where he conducts his experiment, wishing to die and be reborn as a different person? -AniDB

Commie - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=302224)
SFW - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=302229)

----------------------------------

I liked this. The flicking back and forth between the comedic zombie moments (the alarm clock was great, nude photos?), emotional-inducing scenes (screaming, afterthoughts of death) and actual creepiness (how far does a guy go from being a zombie fan to a crazy corpse harvester?) worked in balance. It always felt like the show had a sense of energy and wasn't bogged down in a slow, morbid mood as well as not being off in the clouds of fuwa-fuwa highschool-romance land. The cat was drawn in the cutest way possible so the creepy side of things was still relatively toned down, but it contrasted enough.

Chihiro isn't exactly dense but doesn't go into ero-mode whenever breasts can be found, while Rea herself is rather clueless and clumsy with her words and experiences but also isn't dense/ditz or stupid. If this episode is any indicator, she learns pretty fast.

Inazuma
Sat, 04-07-2012, 08:47 AM
You have to watch this show.

This feels balanced for some reason, the way the two of them synergize is absolutely magnificent. I'm loving this as much as I love Full Metal Panic or Toradora.

MFauli
Sat, 04-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Too many unknown variables yet, but it was very enjoyable, indeed.

My two minor gripes so far:
- The main characterīs hair style is extremely ridiculous. But Iīve watched enough Bakuman to realize that itīs necessary, lol.
- Even more ridiculous is his attraction to zombies in a romantic matter. Though I found it kinda conflicting that someone whoīs certainly knowledgable about zombies actually imagines a true love relationship with one. I mean ... zombies donīt think, donīt love, they only kill.

Other than that, lots of potential, but I wonīt yet call this the highlight of the season. The zombie-stuff *could* become too fantasy-heavy. On the contrary, it could become too typical a romance anime, with the main character having already two girls on his hook (Rea and, well. They quickly established a potential incest-subplot, lol).
If I could choose this seriesī progression, Iīd like see Furuyaīs school life, including his two friends, being fleshed out, then gradually introducing those around him to his zombie-stuff. But I have no idea how delicate or not the producers are going to handle the zombie-theme here.

Anyway, worth watching, definitely.

Kraco
Sat, 04-07-2012, 01:11 PM
I've read a few chapters of the manga, and choosing to watch this show was thus a nobrainer for me. It's quite a novel idea, all in all. A novice necromancer trying to resurrect a cat... Quite a wacky story, all in all.

Like Bill said, Chihiro's personality is also well balanced to allow his morbid interests a more believable background. If he was a typical nosebleeder shounen main character with little brains, I couldn't accept him being able to resurrect anything.

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-07-2012, 05:43 PM
reminds me alot of Bakemonogatari

Lets see what happens to the girl and how things are going from here
I've got to say that she behaved totally weird so far... not what I'd call a "realistic" introduction
can't say the male lead is any better... zombie love, ugh disgusting idea, he must have had a seriously messed up life so far

I can't believe that someone (the author) even managed to come up with such an absurd idea.
it's not really "funny", is it? its just weird and downright ridiculous if you ask me, it doesn't make the story more "interesting" either.

MFauli
Sat, 04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
I can't believe that someone (the author) even managed to come up with such an absurd idea.
it's not really "funny", is it? its just weird and downright ridiculous if you ask me, it doesn't make the story more "interesting" either.

Well, as I said, his whole zombie-love complex creates two "problems":

- so heīs into fucking dead bodies. Thatīs plain sick. Like, totally disgustingly sick and insane.
- he appears to be a zombie-expert, yet he assumes that zombies could be capable of love. doesnīt compute. thatīs what a zombie-noob might imagine, not someone whoīs basically studied them.

But, I mean ... why not? Letīs have a necrophile lead character for once!

Archangel
Sat, 04-07-2012, 06:33 PM
I like this, will be following it.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Well, as I said, his whole zombie-love complex creates two "problems":

- so heīs into fucking dead bodies. Thatīs plain sick. Like, totally disgustingly sick and insane.
- he appears to be a zombie-expert, yet he assumes that zombies could be capable of love. doesnīt compute. thatīs what a zombie-noob might imagine, not someone whoīs basically studied them.

But, I mean ... why not? Letīs have a necrophile lead character for once!

His necrophilia is part of the "creepy" aspects, as is her supposed will to turn into a zombie just to gain his affection. They should not be taken out.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Commie - Episode 02 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=304560)

Kraco
Fri, 04-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Cold, oppressive, and abnormal childhood behind a shiny facade is pulled off quite successfully in this show. There's pretty much no annoying emo, just the creepiness.

Furuya isn't anymore a level 0 necromancer, but level 1!

MFauli
Fri, 04-13-2012, 04:35 PM
WTF did I just watch?!

This seems like the most random sub-plot of an anime ever.
"Yeah, weīre making this anime about a boy whoīs into zombies and whoīs goal is to resurrect his dead cat. Oh, weīre also putting in this girl, whoīs father shoots nude photos of her."
rofl
I mean, surely all of this will be relevant one way or another. But after that first episode, you just arenīt expecting such a seriousy incest-abuse sub-plot. This episode certainly changed my perception of this show and what Iīm expecting in the future.

Kraco
Fri, 04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Oh, weīre also putting in this girl, whoīs father shoots nude photos of her."
rofl
I mean, surely all of this will be relevant one way or another. But after that first episode, you just arenīt expecting such a seriousy incest-abuse sub-plot. This episode certainly changed my perception of this show and what Iīm expecting in the future.

It could have been anything. The details aren't really so excessively important, as long as it's something so fucked up the girl would seriously go forward and try to kill herself, not just emo cut like some angsty teen. This combination of oppression, nude photos, and isolation seems heavy enough. Even though a weird dude trying to resurrect his cat is goofy indeed, I'm pleased the girl's case got due attention.

MFauli
Fri, 04-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Iīm all for "serious", but I think this is one of those rare cases where Iīd have preferred an "emo cut like some angsty teen".

This is only episode 2, so weīre still in setup-mode, which means itīs okay to introduce new elements. Itīs just that it really changed the mood for the whole show imo. Because ... thereīs nothing even remotely goofy/funny about her fatherīs behavior. Itīs plain super-creepy, serious and ... did I mention creepy?

The only similar (though even bigger of a game changer) thing to happen in an anime I watched, was when the girl in Now and Then, Here and There [spoiler]got raped.[/end spoiler]

Archangel
Fri, 04-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Feels like just the right amount of fucked up to me.

I never expected for it to actually work though, i thought we were in for a love comedy/angsty romance sort of deal. Looking forward to the new developments.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Iīm all for "serious", but I think this is one of those rare cases where Iīd have preferred an "emo cut like some angsty teen".

This is only episode 2, so weīre still in setup-mode, which means itīs okay to introduce new elements. Itīs just that it really changed the mood for the whole show imo. Because ... thereīs nothing even remotely goofy/funny about her fatherīs behavior. Itīs plain super-creepy, serious and ... did I mention creepy?

How did the show change direction? We already got the impression that her father was fucked up and took nude photos of her and shit. The "removing friends" action was the only one that was really new, and that's not all too different from all the other rich, asshole fathers with power anyway.

It's "wrong", sure.. but I'm not seeing any mutilation, rape and whatever happen neither. Furuya might have said her father's off the deep end, but as far as anime goes.. this prolly only 1.6m deep.

I thought Babu was going to visit Rea when he dashed off to show her the resurrection worked so she would go ahead and kill herself knowing resurrection was possible (at least in animal trials).

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Commie - Episode 03 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=306663)

MFauli
Fri, 04-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Iīm still wondering if thereīs going to be a good explanation for her fatherīs behavior, or if heīs just a random overprotective dad.

But I like that the story is making progress rather quickly. Didnīt expect neither Babu nor her to become zombies that quickly. Next episode should be rather interesting.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Iīm still wondering if thereīs going to be a good explanation for her fatherīs behavior, or if heīs just a random overprotective dad.

But I like that the story is making progress rather quickly. Didnīt expect neither Babu nor her to become zombies that quickly. Next episode should be rather interesting.

I expected Babu to wake up and find her, but I didn't imagine she'd reanimate in front of her dad. I'd have thought she'd be able to hide from him for a while. I wonder what the red eyes signify in the preview. Babu was pretty out of wack when he first came to, so we could expect the same from Rea as well (although her current actions suggest otherwise). Those poisonous leaves seem to have some pretty non-lethal properties.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-21-2012, 05:50 AM
If zombie-Babu seeks out leaves to eat (presumably to maintain the zombieness), and Furuya's senile grandfather occasionally chows down on the leaves outside their temple, does that mean that Furuya's grandfather...?

Archangel
Sun, 04-22-2012, 04:46 PM
This show is... surprisingly dark. I may drop it eventually on account of it being just too damn depressing.

Kraco
Sun, 04-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Those poisonous leaves seem to have some pretty non-lethal properties.

As you know, it's all about the dose with drugs. The dosage.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Commie - Episode 04 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=308898)

-----------------------------

So the leaves do seem to be the zombie-fuel after all. Now that we (pretty much) know it, I hope they don't spend too long in trying to find this cure since it won't be very suspenseful. For Babu's sake, I hope zombies instinctively seek it out (or at least get attracted to it when they're near it) since he doesn't look like he's too attached to Furuya's household at the moment, thereby lessening the chance of being fed.

I did think that his "survival instincts" automatically led him to seeking the flowers near Rea's house, but logic states that he would have gone for the flowers right outside Chihiro's house instead since they would be the closest when it jumped out of his cooler box.

Perhaps animals and humans are different. Babu's sanity seemed to be affected as opposed to Rea's physiology.

MFauli
Fri, 04-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Alll I can say after watching this episode is that I start to agree with Furuya: zombie-girls are kinda hot, lol.

Oh, and Reaīs father opened another layer of creepyness: Taking a bath while being covered with pictures of your daughter? Kinda expecting now that the anime casually revelas that the father used to have a sexual relationship with Rea, rofl.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Alll I can say after watching this episode is that I start to agree with Furuya: zombie-girls are kinda hot, lol.

Oh, and Reaīs father opened another layer of creepyness: Taking a bath while being covered with pictures of your daughter? Kinda expecting now that the anime casually revelas that the father used to have a sexual relationship with Rea, rofl.

I wouldn't think he did that normally. Just this time because Rea kinda left him.

I wonder what he's got in store for Furuya. I don't even know what they do for a living.

She won't be very warm, and if you do it like that your member will get trapped as she squeezes, then hardens. Just saying.

MFauli
Fri, 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't think he did that normally. Just this time because Rea kinda left him.

Possibly. Btw. am I interpreting that scene wrong or was the fatherīs wife rather happy seeing her naked husband?

She won't be very warm, and if you do it like that your member will get trapped as she squeezes, then hardens. Just saying.

Wow, Buff, "dat detail". Iīm sure as long as she keeps eating leaves, things will work out. Then again I wonder: Why doesnīt Furuya turn himself into a zombie? Youīd think heīd like that. And he and Rea could live together happily for all of eternity...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Possibly. Btw. am I interpreting that scene wrong or was the fatherīs wife rather happy seeing her naked husband?

I thought she was happy that Rea was finally free. I didn't go back to check as I'm writing this, but I remember seeing her spirits fall when the father decided to go after Furuya in response to all this.

Wow, Buff, "dat detail". Iīm sure as long as she keeps eating leaves, things will work out. Then again I wonder: Why doesnīt Furuya turn himself into a zombie? Youīd think heīd like that. And he and Rea could live together happily for all of eternity...

I don't know.. the fascination might not be there anymore after you become one yourself. I didn't think about living together for all eternity until you mentioned it.. but now that Rea's zombie-fied, she'll be forever young. :)

I only assumed you got turned on by her helpless, "struggling" rigor mortis state because that was the most "zombie" moment this episode. She was otherwise pretty much her usual hot self.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Turning yourself into a zombie makes you not a necromancer anymore...

Archangel
Fri, 04-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Turning yourself into a zombie makes you not a necromancer anymore...
And these days necromancers even get to use heavy armor!

I got the strangest feeling she wasn't going for his lips in that one scene, but for his throat instead...

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Same, but Rea is so introverted and sheltered that she could be equally shocked about going in for a kiss as she would be craving blood.

Archangel
Fri, 04-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Oh and btw, Rea's father totally had a boner after leaving the bath.

MFauli
Fri, 04-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, itīs pretty obvious that Rea was going for his throat, or at least for a bite, and not a kiss. Though I wonder: Was it already established of her and Babu are infectious zombies? Daaaaamn, would suck for Furuya if he couldnīt even touch her :P

Oh and btw, Rea's father totally had a boner after leaving the bath.

Would explain why his wife gave me the impression of being so happily surprised in that scene.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah, itīs pretty obvious that Rea was going for his throat, or at least for a bite, and not a kiss.
What the heck gave you that impression? She was on target for his lips up until the moment Wanko yelled for him. The bite/kiss is up in the air, but she was going for his face, not his neck.

Oh, and by the way, lips are not the exclusive target for kisses. Otherwise hickeys wouldn't exist.

MFauli
Fri, 04-27-2012, 05:44 PM
What the heck gave you that impression?.

Look up Archīs posting above.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-27-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't think they're "infectious" zombies in that you'll die soon after and turn into one of them.

I'm not excluding the possibility that it'll transfer immortality across, however.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-29-2012, 07:27 AM
[ASL]_nano.RIPE_-_Sankarea_OP_-_Esoragoto_[FLAC]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=309591)
[ASL]_nano.RIPE_-_Sankarea_OP_-_Esoragoto_[MP3]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=309592)

Kraco
Tue, 05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
So the leaves do seem to be the zombie-fuel after all. Now that we (pretty much) know it, I hope they don't spend too long in trying to find this cure since it won't be very suspenseful. For Babu's sake, I hope zombies instinctively seek it out (or at least get attracted to it when they're near it) since he doesn't look like he's too attached to Furuya's household at the moment, thereby lessening the chance of being fed.

When Rea brought the hydrangea parts to Furuya, he didn't think them poisonous as the geezer was munching on them all the time. Didn't they speculate some cultivars might be more toxic than others? Furuya's place's flowers might be of less poisonous variety and thus of less use to zombies. Who knows. I personally think that's why Baby sought out the place where Rea originally found them.

If Furuya has half a brain, he should already know to bring them to Rea.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
When Rea brought the hydrangea parts to Furuya, he didn't think them poisonous as the geezer was munching on them all the time. Didn't they speculate some cultivars might be more toxic than others? Furuya's place's flowers might be of less poisonous variety and thus of less use to zombies. Who knows. I personally think that's why Baby sought out the place where Rea originally found them.

If Furuya has half a brain, he should already know to bring them to Rea.

Hmm, good point. I didn't take Rea seriously when she said that, and just palmed it off as being a polite compromise of sorts.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Commie - Episode 05 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=311247)

------------------

Sexual hunger = Ero-Zombie.

We can't have her eating the main character now, can we?

MFauli
Fri, 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Iīm in team Wanko now. Sorry, Rea.

:/

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 05-04-2012, 04:42 PM
No she was going to eat the tongue first.

Archangel
Sat, 05-05-2012, 03:29 PM
They rapin everybody out here.

From the preview i guess Rea just went for the leaves herself.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 05-05-2012, 06:24 PM
That or the cat lead her there.

Kraco
Sun, 05-06-2012, 04:59 AM
They rapin everybody out here.

From the preview i guess Rea just went for the leaves herself.

Furuya doesn't really seem to be one to count on, so she might as well go for the leaves herself.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Commie - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=313267)

-------------------------------

-You need to sterilise it.. with zombie saliva?!

-If the poison slows down decay, then it explains it. Grampa's green skin and senile mind must be the latter stages of zombie decay. I wonder if he's still researching how to fix it all, or if he's no longer interested in it. If your body eventually dies and your mind also eventually wastes away, then that's no different from normal humans.

-Furuya's documentation on Rea's.. hmm, stats. Perhaps it was Rea who breaks the males around her into "recording" her body and not the other way around. xD

-Wanko's still awesome. I'm pro-Rea, but I still like you.

-I have no idea who Sada is, but Rea really looks like the picture of Chihiro's dead mother, while her (supposed) own drunken mother doesn't look like her at all. I was wondering where they'd be going after successfully resurrected Rea, but it seems we've got some mysteries to solve for the time being anyway.

-So Rea salivates, but doesn't (or so far hasn't) sweat, defecate or urinate. Can she get wet or have children then?

MFauli
Fri, 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Hm, I kinda find the whole Wanko-business to be unnecessary. Are we to believe that thereīs a real chance for her and Furuya to become a couple? I mean, Iīm all for incest-fantasies, but I donīt think Iīve ever seen something like that turn out successfully in a genre other than full-on romance anime. Which Sankarea isnīt. So, unless Furuya forsakes Rea or lets her die for good, I donīt feel like thereīs any chance for Wanko, at all. Which makes these scenes of her being jealous redundant, unneeded.

Not that I hate her, Iīm still in team Wanko.

-Furuya's documentation on Rea's.. hmm, stats. Perhaps it was Rea who breaks the males around her into "recording" her body and not the other way around. xD

lol, hadnīt even thought about that. Oh the irony.

-So Rea salivates, but doesn't (or so far hasn't) sweat, defecate or urinate. Can she get wet or have children then?

I ... like the way you think. On a less perverted note, I wonder if she can digest food?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Commie - Episode 07 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=315104)

MFauli
Fri, 05-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Nice, Wanko-centric episode.

But Iīm conflicted about the whole meaning of this ep. Are we led to believe that sheīs a real possibility as a love interest for Chihiro? Besides the fact that I donīt know many anime, where a cousin-cousin relationship ever succeeds (though thereīs a fuck-ton of anime that tease such relationships), I really only see two possible outcomes:

- Something completely, 100%ly invalidates Rea as a love interest (she dies, she is fully revived and goes back to whatever old life, she starts hating Chihiro for good, she friendzones him, etc.) => Chihiro + Wanko
- ANYTHING else -> Chihiro + Rea

Realistically, thereīs no going back for Rea. Sheīs now 100% depending on Chihiro for her well-being, and even if she managed the plant-eating, what life could she really lead without a zombie-fanatic like him? Basically, her and Chihiro HAVE TO get together, because otherwise Rea is damaged goods (haha) for good (haha #2).
Which is kinda frustrating, seeing how there is a legitimate backstory between Wanko and Chihiro. If he wasnīt so dumbfunded about anything thatīs not zombies, the two of them might have become a couple long ago.

Lastly, I like Wanko even more thanks to this episode. She did what Kaoru did in Sakamichi no Apollon: Not hush around the bush and go for the kill, straight forward. Love love love her. Actually, Iīm extremely surprised by the pacing of this series. No slowdowns so far. Of course, the attempted kiss is too late now. Chihiro already found his beloved zombie girl.

Kraco
Fri, 05-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah, the whole Wanko romance aspect feels like waste of time, at least in any other way but giving her a solid background and personality. Rea and Chihiro are bound together in far too many ways. Rea's personality is still somewhat unknown, so would she let Chihiro live the rest of his life with a zombie if there's a living girl waiting? An undead creature can't very well give birth, so while she can experience what a normal girl could, she won't be able to experience everything a normal woman could.

Archangel
Sat, 05-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah, the whole Wanko romance aspect feels like waste of time, at least in any other way but giving her a solid background and personality. Rea and Chihiro are bound together in far too many ways. Rea's personality is still somewhat unknown, so would she let Chihiro live the rest of his life with a zombie if there's a living girl waiting? An undead creature can't very well give birth, so while she can experience what a normal girl could, she won't be able to experience everything a normal woman could.
Who knows, we might get a Elfen Lied ending assuming he never manages to stop the decay completely.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Commie - Episode 08 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=317041)

MFauli
Fri, 05-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Seemed impossible, but the father somehow got even crazier. Wow, itīs like heīs living in the world of Code Geass or something, dat theatralism.

The kidnapping in broad light was stupid. Seriously, does Reaīs father own the police or how can he think he could get away with it? (well, luckily, nobody tried to help Rea or Chihiro ...).

Also, I have to wonder what all this focus on Wanko is supposed to bring to the table. It certainly doesnīt feel like her and Chihiro becoming a couple can be ruled out already. My two guesses: Either Rea really dies, by not finding a way to stop her body from decomposing. Or weīll get a dramatic "I realize that you love Rea more than anything, and Iīm happy for you"-scene with Wanko. But in all honesty: If Chihiro chooses Rea over Wanko, heīs gay. :/

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-25-2012, 08:40 AM
I liked the direction of this show a little bit better when Rea was the one intrigued with all the weird stuff Chihiro does as part of his zombie fetish. Now it's Chihiro who is intrigued with Rea being a zombie, while she's more or less a "normal" shy girl who didn't get to play much.

Kraco
Fri, 05-25-2012, 06:26 PM
I liked the direction of this show a little bit better when Rea was the one intrigued with all the weird stuff Chihiro does as part of his zombie fetish. Now it's Chihiro who is intrigued with Rea being a zombie, while she's more or less a "normal" shy girl who didn't get to play much.

There's not really any abnormality there. Rea didn't interact with any guys her age, so anything Chihiro did would have intrigued her, all the more so because he was so weird and thus so novel. Rea is the first real (humanoid) zombie for Chihiro, so naturally he's now interested only in her. Rea, however, got over the initial "wow, I'm talking with a boy" phase and now tries to do everything she couldn't do before.

If there's one mistake here, it's Chihiro being so concentrated on Rea. He can't very well carelessly experiment with her, so he should either tamper with Babu more or preferably make a larger batch of zombie animals for pure experimentation. Occasionally he displays behavior fitting for a necromancer, like his disinterest in spending an hour waiting for Rea to shop as opposed to making his observations. But then he reverts quickly to a normal dude by blushing and getting embarrassed in Rea's company. I'd like him to stay in the role of a cool scientist more. I'm sure it wouldn't fulfill any shounen romanticist's expectations, but it would also allow a rather cold romance conclusion of Rea accepting her role as a necromancer's fetish and experiment, but little more, whereas Wanko would get a human relationship with Chihiro, though lacking any passion returned.

Rea's old man practicing European fencing instead of Japanese sword arts does indeed make him look even crazier in his dignified and orderly manner. More detached from normality.

Archangel
Sat, 05-26-2012, 09:59 AM
If there's one mistake here, it's Chihiro being so concentrated on Rea.

Can't blame him, zombie moe is a force to be reckoned with.

MFauli
Sat, 05-26-2012, 12:35 PM
"Mhm, your lips are so smooth. And they taste like ... rotting meat <3"

:|

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-26-2012, 08:56 PM
"Mhm, your lips are so smooth. And they taste like ... rotting meat <3"

:|

Well they do have their perks.

Like if you feel like nibbling on her lips, you won't have to sorry about tearing a chunk off because... you can!

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-30-2012, 10:15 AM
[ASL]_Annabel_-_Sankarea_ED_-_Above_your_hand_[MP3]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=318744)
[ASL]_Annabel_-_Sankarea_ED_-_Above_your_hand_[FLAC]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=318743)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Commie - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=319182)

Kraco
Fri, 06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Mero is a such a sweet kuudere. At first I was annoyed we got a totally unrelated episode right after Chihiro got kidnapped, but Mero quickly won over my heart of stone. The ending especially sealed it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Mero is a such a sweet kuudere. At first I was annoyed we got a totally unrelated episode right after Chihiro got kidnapped, but Mero quickly won over my heart of stone. The ending especially sealed it.

I was initially thinking (last episode) that the family could be somewhat bitter about Chihiro getting kidnapped since none of this would have happened if Rea wasn't living with them, but it seems like everyone's on good terms with her so that's nice.

I had forgotten that the family (or at least everyone else other than the dad) knows Rea's a zombie.

Archangel
Sun, 06-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I can't even bring myself to finish this episode, there's no word for how much i don't give a fuck about generic kuudere #177734

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I can't even bring myself to finish this episode, there's no word for how much i don't give a fuck about generic kuudere #177734

You never wondered how Mero saw Rea and if she'd ever crack and take the opportunity to dispose exorcise her like the Buddhist follower she is?

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-03-2012, 09:28 PM
She seems more like a dandere than a kuudere.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Commie - Episode 10 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=321199)

-------------------------------------

Broken through and through. I can see why Dan'ichirou does what he does... but damn. Did he really give up his inheritance? >_>

Archangel
Fri, 06-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Holy shit i hate that fucking pedophile bastard with a burning passion!

MFauli
Fri, 06-08-2012, 08:04 PM
LOL, this episode actually made me like Danichiro. Heīs such pure classy anime/jrpg villain-material, I havenīt seen it done this well in a long time. And this episode explained a lot, even if Danichiro surely made some highly dubious, unusual choices in his life. But ... again, I like how non-compromising his crazyness is, the whole staffīs crazyness, including his second wife. Now I kinda want to see some kind of alien-invasion on earth, where Danichiro decides to fight for his zombie-daughterīs sake, teaming up with Furuya - yeah, the crazyness is getting to me, too, lol.

PS: @Archangel, being attracted to a 15-year old girl doesnīt make you a pedophile. Taking nude photos of your way younger daughter, because youīre lusting after your dead wife ... yeah, thatīs more like it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-08-2012, 08:17 PM
That's the other surprising thing this episode.. even Aria's cool with having a zombie daughter-in-law...

.. amongst playboy mansion and everything else.

LOL, this episode actually made me like Danichiro.

Same. He's still weird and everything, but like you said his uncompromising nature comes through.

Archangel
Fri, 06-08-2012, 09:01 PM
How did she even know Rea was a zombie anyway?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-08-2012, 09:54 PM
How did she even know Rea was a zombie anyway?

The butler and Dan'ichirou would have told them that Rea fell off the cliff, died, then got back up. Zombie.

Archangel
Fri, 06-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Yeah, that's the logical conclusion... >_>

There's a plot hole in here somewhere.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Hadena - Episode 00 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=321835)

MFauli
Sun, 06-10-2012, 10:35 AM
episode 00?

Archangel
Sun, 06-10-2012, 10:48 AM
>Hadena .

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-10-2012, 10:54 AM
episode 00?

Story happens several months (think it was 7) before the mains story.

MFauli
Sun, 06-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Hm, pretty much a normal episode. Guess itīs "cooler" to call it 00. Anyway, lotīs of constructed coincidences. The blinking photo of his mother, the wind blowing the photo into the small hole in the floor. And why is Rea out there? Guess Danichiro has several residences.

Though, the way Chihiroīs father is all mysterious about his mother makes me wonder if thereīs some deeper connection to Rea. We know that the mother looked identical to Rea.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-11-2012, 03:19 AM
And why is Rea out there? Guess Danichiro has several residences.

IT'S PHOTO TIME!!!

Guess he wanted real scenery for once.

Though, the way Chihiroīs father is all mysterious about his mother makes me wonder if thereīs some deeper connection to Rea. We know that the mother looked identical to Rea.

Not sure if there's a connection or of it's a mere coincidence there. What's pretty clear is that Chihiro's mum was a zombie who was revived, but slowly decomposed and lost her sanity along the way.

I don't think she was the same person as Rea's mother though, since there doesn't seem to be an age-gap between Chihiro and Rea, but Chihiro's mother looks significantly older in the shots.

There's also the question of whether Chihiro's mother was revived using the same potion as Gramp's current one, or whether he only learned about the continual need of the green leaves afterwards from experimenting with himself (assuming he's a zombie at the moment as well).

Kraco
Mon, 06-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Chihiro seemed to recall the old, blocked bridge, so did he run there as a kid, got himself into danger, the mom saved him but got killed in the process, was revived by the geezer, yet eventually rotted away? I'm not really expecting anything overly dramatic, but I suppose it's a nice enough little mystery. But then again, maybe there is something more sinister involved. The Sanka family certainly has shown time after time this show doesn't particularly skirt around darker topics despite being so goofy otherwise.

Seriously, though, Chihiro should train a bit. He's shamefully weak. He's sadly and dangerously mistaken if he thinks mages, especially necromancers, can afford to skip taking care of their health and physique.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Commie - Episode 11 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=324857)

Archangel
Fri, 06-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Zombie cosplay...

I remember when my fetishes were simple and modest, big titties or asians... shit like that. Fucking anime messed me up.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Zombie had nothing to do with it. Rea is just "cute girl cosplaying".

If she had blood dripping from her mouth and had a hungry look on her face, that could have been something different...

MFauli
Sat, 06-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Did Chihiro want to die? Or WHAT in the seven heavens made him talk like that to Reaīs father?!

That whole scene was completely stupid. Chihiro had no prior knowledge to him being half-Zombie, so itīs pure coincidence that heīs still alive. Also, Iīm wondering how exactly this half-Zombie status works. He was stabbed through the abdomen. Did they establish that being a Zombie gets you regeneration powers?

At last I feel more confident now that Wanko might end up as part of the final pairing. I mean, since Chihiro mustnīt deflower Rea ...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-23-2012, 09:56 PM
I guess it was just anti-pain or something.. the whole half-zombie thing...

Kraco
Mon, 06-25-2012, 02:19 AM
I guess it was just anti-pain or something.. the whole half-zombie thing...

That's what he said himself: That his pain receptors were offline. The blade must have hit somewhat nonvital regions, although the bleeding got worse towards the end.

Did Chihiro want to die? Or WHAT in the seven heavens made him talk like that to Reaīs father?!

What else could he have done but make such a speech? He's a zombie otaku, so refined rhetorics are probably out of his range, yet he had to try to get through to the old man somehow. And he succeeded, so I don't see the point of wondering why he did it. The only thing he failed to realise is that the man would actually be willing to become a murderer. Considering how carefree Chihiro is by nature, that hardly surprises me either.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Commie - Episode 12 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=326939)

Archangel
Fri, 06-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Bit of a strange way to end things... but i guess it works.

I enjoyed watching this though, it was weird and creepy but also felt real. Felt somehow meaningful to me.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-29-2012, 10:44 AM
I would like a second season of this if they keep a moderately strong focus on the whole zombie issue. Things could go downhill really fast for Rea.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-29-2012, 07:36 PM
They ended it in such a way that allows, even requires a sequel.

Kraco
Sun, 07-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Quite an open end, but I wasn't expecting anything else. This wasn't a bad series, even if it concluded very little. The characters at least were mostly interesting.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 07-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Just finished this. And for all the comic relief and creepiness, there was air of depression hovering over the whole show, which basically said "this cannot last forever." However, the ending was more of a "positive" and gave "hope" that this could actually last a lot longer than expected. It seemed to me like her heart beat, and then she went in for that bloody kiss...I'm gonna go ahead and say that she can prolong her existence by actually drinking blood and eating flesh.