PDA

View Full Version : ZETMAN

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-05-2012, 08:42 AM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1883/79729.jpg

Genres: action, psychological, science fiction

Plot: Jin is a strange kid with an angel mark on his hand. He lives a poor but peaceful life with his grandfather, along with the other destitute and abandoned vagabonds near the river. One day, his peaceful life changes when a strange monster, a so-called Player appears, chopping off heads and killing everyone in sight. -AniDB

SFW - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=301649)

-----------------------------

Yay, sexy chick lives! Too bad we'll have to skip over her prime though, but I pick her coming out alive and aged any day. Kouga's sister looks to be your regular cheerful hero's-love-tag-along type from the ED.. but we can wait and see. Kouga himself's so obviously Hero-Complex-Gone-Wrong that he's just annoying to look at.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 04-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Oh god yes finally!

Kraco
Thu, 04-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Yay, sexy chick lives! Too bad we'll have to skip over her prime though, but I pick her coming out alive and aged any day.

I was fully expecting her to die when the lizard man appeared, but when she got up after the first attack, I realised she won't. It wouldn't have worked dramaturgically anymore after that, the least of all if the kid had been simply told at the hospital she's dead. Nevertheless, I'm also happy she survived. Having a soapland lady caretaker for the main character isn't everyday fare. I hope she didn't get scarred so bad she couldn't continue to work anymore.

Kouga's sister looks to be your regular cheerful hero's-love-tag-along type from the ED.. but we can wait and see. Kouga himself's so obviously Hero-Complex-Gone-Wrong that he's just annoying to look at.

The sister looks that way, for sure. I wonder what the brother is going to do, though. Did he get corrupted by his arrogant old man?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-05-2012, 10:14 AM
The sister looks that way, for sure. I wonder what the brother is going to do, though. Did he get corrupted by his arrogant old man?

I don't know what happened to him as such, but he seems to be somewhat of a deontologist, focusing his actions on fulfilling his own sense of justice or appearance of justice, while Jin will seem more like the carefree character who'll do what's necessary to get a just result.

Akemi won't be working. The preview (if you looked) has her aged as well as a marked scar across her face. It didn't disfigure it completely, but I'd gather it's enough for customers to look at other profile pics instead.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Too bad they changed a few things from the manga. They didn't change anything drastic though so its ok.

Inazuma
Fri, 04-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm loving this - but will the rest keep up the high hopes I'm putting in this show.

Dark_n1ghtmar3
Sun, 04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
i downloaded this but its all corrupted i downloaded it twice im using media player classic 64bit with latest klite codec pack 64bit any ideas?

Kraco
Mon, 04-09-2012, 04:50 AM
i downloaded this but its all corrupted i downloaded it twice im using media player classic 64bit with latest klite codec pack 64bit any ideas?

It's likely the 10-bit issue. You could google it. It requires some minor tweaking on your part. It has been discussed in the past over here as well, but I can't remember the threads straight out of my head. In any case bloated code packs might not help you. I'm postin from my cell phone, somewhat limiting the scope of my assistance...

TwisT
Mon, 04-09-2012, 03:43 PM
The way i fixed it was by downloading the newest CCCP codec pack ( http://www.cccp-project.net/ ). Mine was from 2009 so it had some problems with the 10-bit and the new mp4 h246 standard the scene started using (got a 3.2sec audio delay that i had to manually adjust to sync up). Anyways all i did was uninstall my old codec pack and installed the newer one. In the CCCP-settings window that appear there is a small squared out space saying "Alternative H.264 Decoders". All i did was check the "LAV Video (CCCP)" option and everything was working fine. Might wanna try that out if you don't have the patients to search for another solution.

Dark_n1ghtmar3
Mon, 04-09-2012, 04:02 PM
i used cccp and it worked fine had to reboot after uninstalling old one due to wierd colors didnt have to check lav option though

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-10-2012, 01:37 AM
SFW - Episode 02 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=303610)

Kraco
Tue, 04-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Hah. It should have been obvious they only let the auntie live to have her available for killing in the second episode. A gruesome show.

Konoha is made quite a miserable character. She couldn't even keep the one secret. I'm still not sure Kouga won't be corrupted. He seems so naive and idealistic that it shouldn't be too hard for the geezer to twist his mind. He's already willing to sacrifice some for the benefit of others as it is.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Hah. It should have been obvious they only let the auntie live to have her available for killing in the second episode. A gruesome show.

Yeah... it pissed me off quite a bit.

Konoha is made quite a miserable character. She couldn't even keep the one secret. I'm still not sure Kouga won't be corrupted. He seems so naive and idealistic that it shouldn't be too hard for the geezer to twist his mind. He's already willing to sacrifice some for the benefit of others as it is.

I actually got a better impression of Kouga this time round. At first he seemed superficial with his thing for catching perpetrators and leaving the rescue to others, but he knew his limits and decided that he couldn't save everybody. That contrasts to Jin's reckless move of pushing everyone into a bed and throwing them off a floor. They really shouldn't have survived like they did. Jin seems to be the unreasonably idealistic one here.

If we're to assume that this is the first time they talked since they were kids, Jin was pretty rude right off the bat too. Phone-crushing-misunderstanding had something to do with it perhaps.. but still.

What I didn't expect this episode was that Jin would be aware of his own powers. I had expected an awakening of sorts since he didn't use it right off the bat against other Players.

PS: talking about pissing me off, I think the mullet is a big key. I seem to hate whoever has it, lol.

Kraco
Tue, 04-10-2012, 03:04 PM
That contrasts to Jin's reckless move of pushing everyone into a bed and throwing them off a floor. They really shouldn't have survived like they did. Jin seems to be the unreasonably idealistic one here.

I hope you were joking about unreasonably idealistic... Just like his half-joke told, he thought their chances of survival were reasonable, which is true if they didn't drop any more than scant two floors (since the rubble would reduce the distance). There isn't actually that much moral difference between their stances. Kouga was willing to ensure the survival of the kids even if it meant the demise of the mother while Jin set out to rescue all with uncertain chances, possibly killing them all.

If we're to assume that this is the first time they talked since they were kids, Jin was pretty rude right off the bat too. Phone-crushing-misunderstanding had something to do with it perhaps.. but still.

Well, he is a monster. You can't blame a monster for being rude. He's a street thug anyway.

What I didn't expect this episode was that Jin would be aware of his own powers. I had expected an awakening of sorts since he didn't use it right off the bat against other Players.

Thanks god it turned out this way. There are thirteen in a dozen of shounen shows with slow awakenings.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Whynot - Episode 03 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=305879)

Kraco
Wed, 04-18-2012, 03:01 PM
As disturbing as I found the auntie getting killed right after she survived against my expectations, I find even more disturbing the lousy plot device of the corporation making a clone of her overnight to fool Jin. If you kill somebody, then her her rest in peace. Bringing back someone dead successfully is an exceedingly delicate process story writing wise and the method employed here didn't reach 10% of the required level. If the Amagi geezer wanted to develop and employ Zet, I'm sure there would have been more clever, and believable, ways than this.

Kouga is bloody annoying. I hope he grows up. If even the useless sister pities him, it should be a strong enough message for anybody that some change is direly needed.

Idealistic
Wed, 04-18-2012, 03:02 PM
I must say, I was pretty happy to see that it was all a dream or whatever and that the Auntie was still alive. However, it then struck me hard knowing that Jin has to avoid her now. Just can't win!

So it looks like we'll be seeing that pink hair girl in the OP next episode finally. I forgot if they said that there were 2 people with the angel ring or not. Is she the other one?

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Only one with the angel ring is Jin.

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 04-18-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm confused about the necklace...

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-18-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm confused about the necklace...

It's just something Jin's gramps left him I think. It didn't hold any suppressive powers or anything.

I didn't expect things to happen this way, but that's refreshing enough too. The old Amagi's full of lies, but what exactly does he want Zet for I wonder. It's not like he can actually control him, and those supposed Players who would go after the Auntie will die off sooner or later with Zet on their trail.

Kraco
Thu, 04-19-2012, 01:16 AM
I didn't expect things to happen this way, but that's refreshing enough too. The old Amagi's full of lies, but what exactly does he want Zet for I wonder. It's not like he can actually control him, and those supposed Players who would go after the Auntie will die off sooner or later with Zet on their trail.

His interest in Zet seeemed to go beyond the official reason he gave Jin, but on the other hand it's very believable he wants to get rid of any evidence, that is, the players roaming free out there. They were originally meant to be kept captive and serve as depraved entertainment. At this point it would be bad if someone connected them to the corporation, especially after all the murders. However, what he intends after that or during it in the background, is another question.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM
It's just something Jin's gramps left him I think. It didn't hold any suppressive powers or anything.

Nah, I meant with Kouga's sister holding the necklace and at the end Auntie giving it to her. It confused me who gave who the thing in the first place. But I get it now.

His interest in Zet seeemed to go beyond the official reason he gave Jin, but on the other hand it's very believable he wants to get rid of any evidence, that is, the players roaming free out there. They were originally meant to be kept captive and serve as depraved entertainment. At this point it would be bad if someone connected them to the corporation, especially after all the murders. However, what he intends after that or during it in the background, is another question.

Sinister indeed.

I thought the tux-guy was working for the old Amagi. And who's the white-caped blue-fire-sword-wielding dude that accompanies him?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Nah, I meant with Kouga's sister holding the necklace and at the end Auntie giving it to her. It confused me who gave who the thing in the first place. But I get it now.

Sinister indeed.

I thought the tux-guy was working for the old Amagi. And who's the white-caped blue-fire-sword-wielding dude that accompanies him?

The white sword wielder seems to be the sweeper who takes care of any "rule breakers" who reveal their Player identities and go around causing trouble. I see him and the tux-guy as the enforcer's of their ideology/group (if not the leaders/founders), but the tux-fellow seems to like making disobedient Players run into their own doom (eg Zet) while the white one just eliminates them.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Whynot - episode 04 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=308247)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Hadena - Episode 05 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=310255) Definitely watchable quality.
Whynot - Episode 05 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=310475)

Kraco
Wed, 05-02-2012, 02:27 AM
It'd be better for Jin if he could transform without the chewing gum. Perhaps he needs to put some will to it, which could be a problem right now with the hostages. Although I'd much more prefer it if he didn't let such details tarry him. Anybody should realise that when you deal with monster, they aren't exactly expected to keep their promises. From a practical point of view whether he slays this first guy or not, the fate of the girls is likely the same. Well, with the exception that he gets himself beaten, the killers would go free. In theory, since I wouldn't expect the sly guy who talked them into this to let them go in any case.

The girl Jin saved is obnoxious. She got her life saved for a paultry sum (that I doubt she has even paid), yet now she's behaving like Jin belongs to her. Even Kouga's sister is better than her.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-02-2012, 02:59 AM
In theory, since I wouldn't expect the sly guy who talked them into this to let them go in any case.

I'm pretty confused by that guy. He has an interest in cultivating Jin, but does he also have an interest in making the other Players regress (at least the ones who want to) and wrecking havoc?

Besides stimulating Jin, I'm not sure whether he really wants to:

1) cause trouble
2) provide entertainment for himself (part of 1 I guess)
3) catalyse any potential regressers into doing it sooner rather than later and have the Sweeper get them.

The girl Jin saved is indeed annoying, but she still pales in comparison to Kouga. He'll never outgrow the "kid playing hero" aura of his, ever.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Hadena - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=312448)

Kraco
Tue, 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM
That suit and the weaponry are no jokes. Even if the man wearing the suit is.

I hope the events in this episode don't overly humanize Jin. The preview pic of Zet and Alphas fighting back to back is foreboding in that sense. Even though the geezer tried to teach him otherwise, but I prefer Jin violent and somewhat antisocial.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 05-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think Jin is arrogant enough to think he can take them all on by himself without risking anyone. I mean there are still bound to be some homeless people crawling around.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I seriously thought all those homeless bums were going to die when they tried to take on the bugs. For once I'm glad Alphas did something (saving them) since they were nice people. I don't mind Alphas getting his ass kicked in their stead - and should he beat the bug guys without much harm, then good for him.

I'm not sure how I like about Jin getting an external power-up so soon. It kind of cheapens him, almost to the extent like how Kouga is only where he is now because someone gave him a suit and an aircraft. He seems to be an expert marksman though... but that laser prolly has no recoil anyway.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 05-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah Jin's red form happens later in the manga.So they did rush that bit. Then again I don't think this will run for many episodes.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-15-2012, 05:14 AM
Hadena - Episode 07 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=314381)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Whynot - Episode 08 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=316365)

Kraco
Wed, 05-23-2012, 05:53 AM
The Amagis don't look too good at guarding their home base, despite all their impossible resources. You'd think they would have high security indeed around the mansion considering all the players roaming free out there would likely enjoy spilling Amagi blood, should somebody tip them off. But then again, only the next episode will reveal the whole truth.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-23-2012, 08:17 AM
The Amagis don't look too good at guarding their home base, despite all their impossible resources. You'd think they would have high security indeed around the mansion considering all the players roaming free out there would likely enjoy spilling Amagi blood, should somebody tip them off. But then again, only the next episode will reveal the whole truth.

All EVOL seems to do is sit in a bar and talk about their former glory, so I have no idea how they got such an invisibility suit that even Alphas probably doesn't have. A shape-shifting Player would be more like it.

I agree that their security is quite poor indeed - I got that message not when the mansion was about to be infiltrated, but when the guard drew his gun in case Jin went berserk. As if that pea shooter would stop him.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 05-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Only now did I notice that Evol is Love reversed.....Fitting as they never got any love from humans.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-29-2012, 03:14 AM
WhyNot - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=318359)

---------------------

Jin actually likes red-head? I didn't see that coming..

Kraco
Tue, 05-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Jin actually likes red-head? I didn't see that coming..

Is she the sand player? She seems to suffer from sudden headaches and afterwards humans or other living things turned into sand are found. Of course the plot could be suggesting such on purpose, leading to false conclusions, so who knows. In any case, if she's a player, Jin could be sensing it subconsciously and is thus drawn to her, without realising the real reason. He's a player hunter, after all. I suppose Hanako herself would be amnesiac at this point and have no memory of her actions.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-29-2012, 06:43 AM
I have no idea, but can't be bothered to check all the instances during which she's had a headache, so I'll believe you. It could be that either she's becoming the Sand Monster, or she's sensing it somehow. Zet didn't seem to be able to smell out the Master or the Sweeper before they appeared, so perhaps he's not as good as we thought he was.

Kraco
Tue, 05-29-2012, 08:21 AM
The strangest of the instances is when Zet and Mr. Hero were fighting elsewhere and the bugs were swarming around Hanako, but were turned to sand/dust by the time Jin and Kouga arrived. It's kind of dodgy that somebody else would have simple wandered in to save her from them. Although, once again, that could be simply a purposefully misleading scene with the bugs destroyed when their master was destroyed.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-29-2012, 08:25 AM
The strangest of the instances is when Zet and Mr. Hero were fighting elsewhere and the bugs were swarming around Hanako, but were turned to sand/dust by the time Jin and Kouga arrived. It's kind of dodgy that somebody else would have simple wandered in to save her from them. Although, once again, that could be simply a purposefully misleading scene with the bugs destroyed when their master was destroyed.

Hoh.. when you put it that way, Hanako is very suspicious then.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Whynot - Episode 10 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=320333)

Kraco
Tue, 06-05-2012, 03:21 PM
That scene felt like the final parting between Jin and Hanako...

I wonder how many tests it will take to rid Kouga of his overanalysing ways that still produce bad results.

Augury
Wed, 06-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Downloaded and watched up to 10 in the past couple days. I haven't watched any anime in several years, and the animation seems a lot better than what I remember. I can only recall a few awkward recycled sequences throughout the ten episodes.

I like the tone they chose for Jin's voice, but the VA seems to be a bit one-dimensional. Even when Jin goes through several different emotions the sound is pretty similar. Also, I'm not finding Kouga or Konoha annoying like some of you. Konoha is a pretty normal character... not altruistic and flawless, but not bitchy or any more "useless" than a regular person would be. Kouga's hero complex is more funny than irritating. He's young, has poor decision making skills, and when he says those lame justice action lines full of belief and conviction I want to laugh more than anything.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM
lol, Jin after sex: "Fuck yeah, let's start a family!" xD

I don't find anything wrong with Konoha. On the other hand I can't seem to get into the story too much because everything's happening too fast (timeline-wise).

Who's the host of that party? Just pick some girls off the street and give them food?

Xelbair
Thu, 06-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Tell them that it is a surprise party for Kouga - fangirls will come by themselves. no need to waste resources picking them up.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-12-2012, 02:55 AM
Whynot - Episode 11 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=322391)

Kraco
Fri, 06-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Looks like Kouga can pull through when he's pushed enough. It was surprisingly cool of someone like Kouga how he first used the girl to lower the enemies' guard by letting them think he was subdued, but then quickly seized back the gun using the voice command and without mercy shot the villains. The geezer dude with his insect son might have done him quite a service, no matter how psychologically cruel it was. He was the kind of guy who had to experience a tragedy to force his eyes open. Apart from the last girl, those ingrateful ex-fangirls were better off dead anyway.

Haitani quite tough to fight like that in his human form.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Kouga still needed the gun to be pointed away from him in order to use Sword mode, otherwise it would have stabbed his back.

Kraco
Sat, 06-16-2012, 01:49 AM
Kouga still needed the gun to be pointed away from him in order to use Sword mode, otherwise it would have stabbed his back.

Not really. There's a huge reaction time gap involved when someone is being remote controlled. He was never in any serious danger as long as the insect dude didn't take the initiative to suddenly kill him - which he pretty much was guaranteed not to do as long as the geezer wanted to mouth off and preach his revenge.

Archangel
Mon, 06-18-2012, 12:06 PM
A shame how we only got 12 episodes of this, the plot feels very rushed. Especially the romantic segments.

I'm also not happy with how generic the animation became, the first few episodes were much better.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Hadena - Episode 12 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=324221)

Archangel
Mon, 06-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Ewww... Hadena...

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Ewww... Hadena...

They had a rocky start. Most people probably did.

I've been watching their stuff for the past week without any thoughts of them being a big compromise on quality of any sort.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Hadena - Episode 13 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=326018)

----------------------------------------

All in all, a rather "shallow" adaptation that glossed over the story in such a way that I do not have any attachment to it at all. The way time flies in this show doesn't help. A decent watch I guess, but that's about it.

Archangel
Tue, 06-26-2012, 10:00 AM
What a fucking mess of a show, tons of wasted potential.

Kraco
Fri, 06-29-2012, 04:41 AM
Indeed. Despite all the hero and justice talk throughout the show, it didn't really manage to make any moralistic points. I don't feel like Kouga learned anything at all, and he even got a sycophant wife doing nothing but enforcing his might makes right point of view.

The biggest flaw of the ending, though, might have been the fact the players should have run out a long time ago unless they are actually breeding. What we saw of the underground, hidden facilities of the Amagi corp didn't suggest they could host hundreds of players. So, both Jin and Kouga making a living out of hunting and exterminating them for any significant period of time doesn't seem likely. Even the robes and sword dude has been depleting the same limited stock all the time.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-29-2012, 07:35 PM
The last few episodes were horrible. The last episode in particular made me wonder what kind of drugs the script writer was taking.

The last narration about Zetman being a hero of the shadows made me LOL though.