PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Spring 2012

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-01-2012, 07:57 AM
RandomC posted their typical exhaustive list of upcoming anime.

http://randomc.net/2012/03/29/spring-2012-preview/

Lots of promising looking series this season, but of course I say that nearly every season. Some interesting ones, some surprise (for me anyway) manga adaptations.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 04-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Another crap season. Why has the quality of recent anime been so bad? What happened to the days of Cowboy Bebop, or Monster? Anime really has gone into a downward spiral ever since these moe-blob shows like K-ON got popular.

First!!!

EDIT (after actually reading the article):

I will definitely watch the following shows (in descending order of anticipation):
Fate/Zero 2 - Obvious top choice.
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean - I loved the first Eureka.
Sakamachi no Apollon - Interesting premise that evolves around music is always a must watch for me.
Uchuu Kyodai - If this is anything similar to Moonlight Mile, this is going to be awesome.
Saki Achiga-hen - Lolis + mahjong makes this irresistable.
Hyouka - Since Kyoani is making this, it will probably look good, and mystery is always welcome.
Natsuiro Kiseki - Obligatory all female slice of life show for the season.
Kore was Zombie desu ka OF THE DEAD - Sequel so I will watch it.

Shows that I know are worth watching because I have read or am reading the source material (in descending order of my assessment of the original):
Accel World - Boy meets girl then is opened up to a new world isn't new, but I really like this due to the slightly more intelligent take on the genre.
Zetman - Awesome fights are expected, and the characters are pretty well done.
Tasogare Orome x Amnesia - Yuuko = Hotness. I just hope they are able to convey that.
Mysterious Girlfriend X - Interesting female protagonist, but not much else.
Kuroko no Basuke - Good for the first few parts, then it becomes shounen crap
Sankarea - Zombie romance with weak comedy
Jormungand - I have not read enough to assess this properly.

Medaka Box - This I will definitely not watch. This is the typical good idea degenerates into nonsensical fighting manga for survival.

MFauli
Sun, 04-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Another crap season. Why has the quality of recent anime been so bad? What happened to the days of Cowboy Bebop, or Monster? Anime really has gone into a downward spiral ever since these moe-blob shows like K-ON got popular.

I feel like being ridicules :/ And Cowboy Bebop is overrated anyway.

@new season:

Letīs see, will give the following shows a chance:

- Uchuu Kyoudai (the dog in space suit looks silly, but other than that it looks similar to Moonlight Mile or Planetes, so thatīs intriguing)
- Shiba Inuko-San (will watch at least episode 1. Too hilarious of a concept to ignore)
- Recorder to Randoseru Re (wooho, missed season 1. Will catch up. Sounds fun)
- Sankarea (hope this really has a more serious approach. Also, Iīm a pervert and I wanna witness the relationship between a boy and zombie girl :>)
- Ginga e Kickoff!! (soccer anime, nuff said)
- Nazo no Kanojo X (lol wut)
- Eureka Seven Astral Ocean (loved the first series)
- Hyouka (looks potentially interesting. could go wrong, though)

Thatīs actually quite something this season. And I left out some new ones, because I cannot yet decide if Iīll watch them. Depends on the feedback here on the board.

Btw. I didnīt see Hunter X Hunter listed. Is it not going to be continued? :/

EDIT:

I just watched the first season of Recorder to Randoseru. WHY is this 3 minute-episodes only?! Fucking great, funny concept, quality animation, too. What a pitty. This could have been something great had they fleshed it out more.

EpyonNext
Mon, 04-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Dear Bones,

In regards to Eureka Seven Astral Ocean:

Don't fuck up.

With love,
Everyone

Xelbair
Mon, 04-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Hyouka - i've read what is translated of the novel - it is interesting and got me hooked.
Ouzma - i'm watching it already.
Zetman - if it will be dark enough i'm in.
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD - I'm in, i need retarded/stupid/funny/all at once/ shows too.
Medaka Box - I manga is weird, but it could be great(i always read it as Medeka not Medaka :<)
Accel World - based on novel of the author of Sword Art Online? i'm in(i hope that they won't mess up SAO anime)
Upotte - only if it will be funny, not 'please let me bash my head against wall, it is more pleasurable'(so i hope that it isn't Kill Me Baby)
Fate/Zero - obvious reason is obvious.
Phi brain - i'll check out 1st series first and see if it is worth it.
asogare Otome x Amnesia - It seems interesting - i'll wait and see few eps.
Jormungand - it seems interesting if executed well. It is made by same studio as Steins so i'll give it a bit more time(as Steins first 2 eps were AWFUL)
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean - Bones, Eureka seven, enough said.
seitokai Yakuindomo OAD - i loved that ridiculous show.
Another OAD - It is Another, must watch for me.

I'll check the romance shows when they air and give them at least 2 eps.

animus
Mon, 04-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Fate/Zero 2 - Obvious.

Jormungand - Definitely watching this. Been reading the manga, whenever the rare volume releases show up. It's like a mix of Black Lagoon and Dogs: Bullets and Carnage.

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean - Liked the original.

Hyouka - KyoAni. Should be enough to at least warrant a try.

Queen’s Blade: Rebellion - Because boobs.

Kimi to Boku. 2 - I liked the first season a lot. It was like a much more mellow guy version of K-ON!

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Hmm... so I was hoping to cut down this season to leave time for other stuff.

It seems 12 shows or so from last season will be finishing up, and at first count the number of potentially interesting anime this season accounts to 16. That's not including sequels that I'll be obliged to watch.

New shows include:

Jormungond
Apollon
Amnesia
Shing Hearts
Hyouka
Sankarea
Accel World
Shinokuma Cafe
Basuke
Natsuino
Nazo no Kanojo

Somewhat interested:

Gakkatusa
Medaka box
Upotte
Sengoku something
Kuromajo

Archangel
Thu, 04-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Medaka Box - This I will definitely not watch. This is the typical good idea degenerates into nonsensical fighting manga for survival.
It was never a good idea.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Indeed. If anything, the degeneration saved it from complete humdrum mediocrity. The worse it got, the crazier it got. The crazier it got, the better it got.

The "good idea" parts as shinta puts it is the worst part of the series.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-09-2012, 06:23 PM
TTGL was good crazy.

This is just crazy.