PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 580

Marik
Wed, 03-28-2012, 05:50 AM
[Dragon&Fly] Naruto c.580: Online Viewing (http://dragonflyscans.org/manga/naruto/580/)

[MangaZone] Naruto c.580: Online Viewing (http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/580)

MFauli
Wed, 03-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Boring chapter. And I hate the tone ... feels like Kabuto is about to lose, sigh.

Assertn
Wed, 03-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I've always hated kabutoro, personally, so I kinda want him to just die. Seeing Sasuke and Itachi work together, though, is something I never expected to see from the series.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-28-2012, 02:53 PM
why did genjutsu suddenly work on him?

I get the aversion from Kabutoro you have, he's kind of trying too much, and he doesn't have any of the qualities that made Orochimaru or Kabuto interesting.

but fuck it, I want Kabuto to win and make a difference, Kill Itachi for reals, and then let Sasuke exact revenge on Kabuto somewhere in the future, or kill both Uchihas, and show them peace like Sai and his brother.

Y
Wed, 03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
I've always hated kabutoro, personally, so I kinda want him to just die. Seeing Sasuke and Itachi work together, though, is something I never expected to see from the series.

Yeah this is so fucking weird. It'd be one thing if they were grudgingly working together but they are almost fucking quippy, like Spider-man and Human Torch teaming up. Maybe we can write it off as how insane Sasuke is, that as soon as he sees a living Itachi his mind switches gears. Not that I have a problem with this chapter on that account. It's so rare to see anyone in the series actually do something ninjalike, so watching Kabuto desperately try to beat these invincible badasses is entertaining.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Well, their relationship was initially good. When it soured, it only really soured one way, and it was sasuke who was the one holding the grudge. Once Sasuke found out the truth, the hatred disappeared. Since Itachi never really had any hatred, and his lies have been shattered anyway, there's no reason for their relationship to be anything less that what it would've been under normal circumstances. Nevermind that Itachi is a zombie.

Assertn
Wed, 03-28-2012, 04:25 PM
The reason it's so interesting is because this breaks the cliche direction Kishimoto's been driving towards from the very beginning -- that being Sasuke turning irreversibly consumed by hatred until his ultimate demise by Naruto's hands. This is an opportunity for a curve ball in the story that breaks that mold. Unfortunately, it's still far from likely that Sasuke won't return to the dark side sometime soon.

Y
Wed, 03-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Well, their relationship was initially good. When it soured, it only really soured one way, and it was sasuke who was the one holding the grudge. Once Sasuke found out the truth, the hatred disappeared. Since Itachi never really had any hatred, and his lies have been shattered anyway, there's no reason for their relationship to be anything less that what it would've been under normal circumstances. Nevermind that Itachi is a zombie.

Sasuke is currently out to piss on everything Itachi stood for by killing the greatest hope for the future of Konoha. When he "figured out the truth" he lost his fucking mind and started using it as a justification for murder. Sasuke knows the facts right now, but what he got out of them is the exact opposite lesson Itachi wanted to teach him.

The reason it's so interesting is because this breaks the cliche direction Kishimoto's been driving towards from the very beginning -- that being Sasuke turning irreversibly consumed by hatred until his ultimate demise by Naruto's hands.

I disagree, because not only would it make no thematic sense in a Shounen comic for the protagonist's childhood friend who went dark to be unredeemable, but it's actually against Jump's publishing guildelines to murder children, so this story resolution would be impossible.

Assertn
Wed, 03-28-2012, 05:00 PM
I disagree, because not only would it make no thematic sense in a Shounen comic for the protagonist's childhood friend who went dark to be unredeemable, but it's actually against Jump's publishing guildelines to murder children, so this story resolution would be impossible.

But... Tsunade's little brother was murdered.
Anyway, irredeemable in the sense that he has to be subjected to Naruto's friend-power-no-jutsu after a near-death experience by both parties, which subsequently concludes the whole damn story.

Y
Wed, 03-28-2012, 05:17 PM
But... Tsunade's little brother was murdered.

Not on panel. I'm saying there can't be a scene where Naruto Rasengans him to death or something.

kyubisrage
Wed, 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Not on panel. I'm saying there can't be a scene where Naruto Rasengans him to death or something.

What about Haku..

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Sasuke is currently out to piss on everything Itachi stood for by killing the greatest hope for the future of Konoha. When he "figured out the truth" he lost his fucking mind and started using it as a justification for murder. Sasuke knows the facts right now, but what he got out of them is the exact opposite lesson Itachi wanted to teach him.

I'm not saying Sasuke didn't lose his shit. I'm saying that he still has love for his brother and he's not just going to stand there and watch Itachi fight for his "life". Since Itachi's love for Sasuke has been consistent even up to this point, it only makes sense given the situation that they fight together, and that they behave like best buds while doing so. They view each other as misguided and tragic, but there's no hatred between the two, only sadness, confusion (for Sasuke), and disappointment (for Itachi). Love is going to outweigh those things though. Based on these things, I think the way they're behaving right now is spot on.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-28-2012, 05:49 PM
What about Haku..

Yea, didn't Kakahshi plunge his arm through Haku? Also, Obito was crushed by a rock.

Y
Wed, 03-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Since Itachi's love for Sasuke has been consistent even up to this point, it only makes sense given the situation that they fight together, and that they behave like best buds while doing so. They view each other as misguided and tragic, but there's no hatred between the two, only sadness, confusion (for Sasuke), and disappointment (for Itachi). Love is going to outweigh those things though. Based on these things, I think the way they're behaving right now is spot on.

I agree that it's logical for them to team up, I just don't think they'd be making jokes like it was old times considering Sasuke is a mass murderer now and Itachi is a horrifying, undead mockery of life itself.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Yea, didn't Kakahshi plunge his arm through Haku? Also, Obito was crushed by a rock.

And don't forget Nagato's dog.

Carnage
Wed, 03-28-2012, 08:37 PM

Im not so sure its not allowed. in HXH:

*spoiler*
The king kills that 4 year old girl on farm
*/spoiler*

Although Tagashi does have an extra special golden contract with Jump, so maybe thats why he was allowed to show the death of a kid. But at any point, Sasuke is 17 years old, I think he's old enough to die. Not that I think he will, but i wouldnt say it cant happen.

kaigan
Wed, 03-28-2012, 10:16 PM
wth is this Kishi! sasuke's going back to the right path? teaming up with itachi? this ain't right at all. sasuke was suppose to be walking down the wrong path and dies at the end by the hands of Naruto Team.

MFauli
Thu, 03-29-2012, 04:07 AM
wtf is this shit about "children cannot die in JUMP-manga"? Damn, IF that is true, Iīm glad I didnīt know about it back then during the first Sasuke Chase-arc, otherwise the "fate" of Chouji, Neji and Kiba would have been completely boring, because obvious.

Also, Sasuke is more than ready to die, lol.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 03-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Teenage != children?

Also I loved the reappearance of the crows.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-29-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't think the crows were genjutsu; I am guessing that is his replacement jutsu.

Y
Thu, 03-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Regardless of publishing guidelines, the idea of Naruto killing Sasuke for his crimes is patently absurd and goes against everything he stands for.

Also, from the panels on the page before, it looks like Itachi genjutsu's one of Kabuto's snakes so that Kabuto himself will also eat a genjutsu, and disguises himself as one of the crows that he bursts into. Otherwise, the panel of Itachi staring at the snake is entirely pointless.