PDA

View Full Version : TV: The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra

Pages : [1] 2

Munsu
Wed, 07-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Looks like an animated sequel is in the making for Avatar: The Last Airbender.

It'll take place 70 years after Airbender

Pretty excited about this, particularly with all the negative live-action drama pissing on the cartoon.

You can find some rumors here, and with Comic-Con starting soon more details should come forward:
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:_Legend_of_Korra
http://www.cleveland.com/tv/index.ssf/2010/07/the_legend_of_korra_sequel_to.html

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/760/objh954korra1g201007211.jpg

DarthEnderX
Wed, 07-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Super psyched.

Assuming Korra is the Avatar after Aang. Wondering how they're going to get around the lack of Airbenders since the series never resolved that particular plot point.

That city looks industrial as hell.

Munsu
Wed, 07-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Super psyched.

Assuming Korra is the Avatar after Aang. Wondering how they're going to get around the lack of Airbenders since the series never resolved that particular plot point.

That city looks industrial as hell.
Seems like she'll be taught by Aang's son.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-22-2010, 10:49 AM
she might as well be his granddaughter...

not enough information to tell, but still, I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-22-2010, 12:10 PM
not enough information to tell, but still, I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be.I'd probably have been more excited if it was more of Aang's group. But this is the next best thing I think.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-22-2010, 01:12 PM
This looks really badass, looking forward to it.
So Aang has a son? Does this mean he gets it on with Katara? >_>

Carnage
Thu, 07-22-2010, 02:02 PM
This looks really badass, looking forward to it.
So Aang has a son? Does this mean he gets it on with Katara? >_>

Yeah its their son. The series will apparently have flash backs to the characters from the original show, there will apparently be some relationship aside just learning from Aang's son. The setting takes place in Republic city where benders and non-benders of from all 4 nations reside (well I can't really speak for the air-benders). Apparently the plot will revolve around non-benders revolting against benders.

Pandadice
Thu, 07-22-2010, 02:09 PM
holy crap this sounds awesome. thanks for the heads up man!

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-22-2010, 02:57 PM
maybe some of the original cast will still be alive?
Aang, obviously not (maybe if they do a buffy death?). but the rest of the crew can still be alive.

Bummi lived almost 120 years, so Toph being alive (almost 90?) would be reasonable. The non-benders against benders plot... well, not that impressed.

MFauli
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Is the first Avatar-show really that good? I never watched it because the character-design always looked so uber-generic, as well as the theme of fighting with elemental powers. Always came off as totally lame to me. Is there some good anime that youŽd compare Avatar to?

Carnage
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Is the first Avatar-show really that good? I never watched it because the character-design always looked so uber-generic, as well as the theme of fighting with elemental powers. Always came off as totally lame to me. Is there some good anime that youŽd compare Avatar to?

Just give it a shot. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but its worth looking into, certainly.

animus
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Flame of Recca? Even then, it's not that much alike.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I also had a problem with the series,
my first impressions were from the "lets go to the zoo"ish filler episode, and from a lousy DS game (yay! lets hunt for EXP!).

after hearing some very good things about the show, I decided to check it out. I think it's biggest selling point is how colorful the world is.

animes like it? maybe a tad bit of slayer, without the non-stop comedy, and a more down-to-earth story (still saving the world, just not from UBER DEMONS!), with more focus on characters.
that's nothing like slayers, I know. but that's the style.

Pandadice
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:38 PM

Maybe in some ways similar to Moribito? Similar in the way they both seem to great at building elaborate worlds. with thorough, detailed characters and concepts.

I mean, Avatar is still a kids show, and you can tell. But don't let the heavy Nickelodeon-style humor turn you away from the great characters and scenario. I can't think of any anime that covers "fighting with elemental powers" as great as this one does. I wouldn't call it a favorite of mine, but I'd definitely recommend the series to you.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:58 PM
maybe some of the original cast will still be alive?
Aang, obviously not (maybe if they do a buffy death?). but the rest of the crew can still be alive.
Even with Aang dead, he's probably the character you'd see the most. When you consider how much Avatar Roku appeared in A:TLA despite being dead.

If Korra is the next Avatar, I'm sure we'll have all kinds of conversations with a cool ghost Aang.

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-23-2010, 03:41 AM
I mean, Avatar is still a kids show, and you can tell. But don't let the heavy Nickelodeon-style humor turn you away from the great characters and scenario. I can't think of any anime that covers "fighting with elemental powers" as great as this one does. I wouldn't call it a favorite of mine, but I'd definitely recommend the series to you.The difference was Avatar was probably the first American cartoon in a decade that older children/parents could watch with their younger siblings/kids and not only still enjoy it, but probably get more out of it than the younger ones do.

It had great universal appeal by using a mix of slapstick humor, great action, philosophical and ethical episodes, romance subplots, and strong character development. It was well balanced at that too. For every comedy-centered episode, there was a serious plot twist to balance it out. For the most part, it wasn't even separated like that, the episode worked in the humor without it seeming out of place.

I hope they don't try to go too "edgy" or "dark" with the sequel, but to me it sounds like suppressing the rebellion will only be a few episodes, maybe a two-parter, not the whole season. It should work out pretty nicely.

Archangel
Fri, 07-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Can anyone give me a hand in finding some high quality eps of the first season? I'd like to give it a try.

saman
Fri, 07-23-2010, 03:24 PM
the avatar portal has them all online in decent quality. http://www.theavatarportal.org/Watch-Episodes.php . for downloading, my favourite site for finding torrents is isohunt.

i'm super psyched about korra. i love the original show, but picking up again with the original characters would've been overkill, since their story is done. mike and bryan can do no wrong as far as i'm concerned, and i can't wait to hear more about it

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-26-2010, 01:49 AM
but picking up again with the original characters would've been overkill, since their story is done.Sorta. Aang's people are still extinct. Zuko is still looking for his mother, and Toph never did reconcile with her parents.

Also, Space Sword is missing!

They left a lot of threads hanging.

Can anyone give me a hand in finding some high quality eps of the first season? I'd like to give it a try.I think you can just watch it on Hulu or something.

darkshadow
Mon, 07-26-2010, 01:56 AM
That is...assuming he is an american... >_>

saman
Mon, 07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Sorta. Aang's people are still extinct. Zuko is still looking for his mother, and Toph never did reconcile with her parents.

Also, Space Sword is missing!

They left a lot of threads hanging.

they did, but i didn't mind. it showed that the characters' lives continued after the ending of the show, and everything didn't up neat and packaged with a little bow on top. it added a sense of realism to it. also, from a fandom point of view, it's kept people speculating about it long after the show ended. it would definitely be nice to know what happened to everyone from the original show, but to make a new series just to tie up the end of the series would, again, be overkill. personally, the only resolution i'd like to see would be with zuko's mom. and the return of space sword and boomerang, of course

anyway, turns out korra's going to be a mini-series with about 12 episodes. there's apparently also a character named meelo.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Looking forward to this! hopefully this will wipe out the stain that was M Night's Last Airbender and breath some new life into the series

Archangel
Tue, 07-27-2010, 04:43 PM
I just finished watching the original series

... i want moar >_>

Carnage
Tue, 07-27-2010, 05:53 PM
http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010-legend-of-korra-interview

Provides some interesting info

Archangel
Tue, 07-27-2010, 05:54 PM
What i want is a trailer or some concept images, aren't there any of those around?

Carnage
Tue, 07-27-2010, 08:47 PM
What i want is a trailer or some concept images, aren't there any of those around?

Not really, just a lot of fan art.

Pandadice
Sun, 07-24-2011, 11:38 AM
A trailer for the new series is out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXriwMQBNSQ

Archangel
Sun, 07-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Holy shit, that looks sick!

What are the plans for the release date?

Munsu
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah, the animation looks quite good. Will certainly be watching this.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-24-2011, 01:27 PM
it's look like "AVATAR, now in NEW YORK!"
central park and everything.

Pandadice
Sun, 07-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Unfortunately as far as I can find it's not airing until mid-2012

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/03/08/the-last-airbender-legend-of-korra-the-creators-speak/?KEY

Y
Sun, 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Avatar is probably the best TV show I've watched in 10 years. If this sequel is half as good it will be brilliant.

animus
Sun, 07-24-2011, 07:34 PM
She rides a fucking polar bear. Hell yeah.

Edit: Actually on closer inspection, it's a bear/dog/horse hybrid thing.

Anyways I would've liked the main character to have been male. Not because I'm a chauvinist or a sexist, but because Waterbending is the main element of the protagonist and 99% of the time water is associated with a female. Would've liked to seen a male protagonist control water for once.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 07-24-2011, 09:01 PM
I can't tell you how psyched I am that they have changed this from a miniseries to a full season.

but because Waterbending is the main element of the protagonist and 99% of the time water is associated with a female.Except of course for the entire Southern Water Tribe where all the combat waterbenders were male...

Pandadice
Mon, 07-25-2011, 01:06 AM
it's look like "AVATAR, now in NEW YORK!"
central park and everything.

With the technology and development that the fire nation had it's not really that surprising that they could be in a 19th century-esque industrial revolution after 3/4ths of a century. Especially when the world is united and not at war. (But yeah, central park is a bit much)

I am concerned about the flying bison in the trailer. I dunno if we ever got an estimated lifespan for those things, but unless that's Appa living for 70+ years, then where the heck did it come from? Appa was the last, he had no one to mate with.

Anyways I would've liked the main character to have been male. Not because I'm a chauvinist or a sexist, but because Waterbending is the main element of the protagonist and 99% of the time water is associated with a female. Would've liked to seen a male protagonist control water for once.
Yeah, I agree that the second lead waterbender being female is kinda more of the same, but don't forget the Northern Watertribe, all their soldiers who fought the fire nation, the master who taught Aang and Kitara somethings, etc. Also the swamp waterbenders might've been hillbillies, but they were largely male-populated iirc. In fact, I think the only prominent female waterbenders were Kitara and the old woman who teachers her how to blood-bend.

I can't tell you how psyched I am that they have changed this from a miniseries to a full season
Yeah really. Unfortunately though, the Nick execs are calling for season contained arcs. That is, no more 3 season long epics. I know it's not like they're calling for it to be episodic/formulaic monster-of-the-week or anything like that, but it's still disappointing to see TV executives impose on the creators and potentially stunt the scope of the show.

stella01
Mon, 07-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Avatar is mind blowing tv series.. i watched it from my school days and its movie that was amazing..

Munsu
Mon, 07-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Avatar is mind blowing tv series.. i watched it from my school days and its movie that was amazing..

The movie sucks. Thanks.

Archangel
Mon, 07-25-2011, 03:32 PM
The movie sucks. Thanks.
I sort of want to watch it so i can see how bad it is for myself

Carnage
Mon, 07-25-2011, 04:38 PM

So did everyone else, and then they regretted it. Trust me its that bad. So bad its actually not even funny.

Asakura50
Wed, 07-27-2011, 07:07 PM
NOOOO!!!! DONT DO IT!!! Like I would not wish anyone to watch the movie... Like watching the bad dub Karate films is 100x better than watching the live action version of this movie!

KrayZ33
Wed, 08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I am concerned about the flying bison in the trailer. I dunno if we ever got an estimated lifespan for those things, but unless that's Appa living for 70+ years, then where the heck did it come from? Appa was the last, he had no one to mate with.

if you want info about the setting and characters we are about to see in that series you should follow this link here.
lots of things explained, and the bad guys look extremely cool

don't watch it if you are scared of (minor) spoilers,

spoilers!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azJBb9RHVZI&NR=1
spoilers!?

Pandadice
Thu, 08-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Oh so Aang just found some new bison. I guess that makes sense. And if there's still bison then that means new people can learn to air bend from them, and air benders can potentially come back in full force.

koppayana
Sun, 03-18-2012, 01:03 PM
http://vimeo.com/38705962

first episode leaked.

Yukimura
Sun, 03-18-2012, 11:23 PM
That streaming link got taken down not an hour after I'd finished watching it. Someone on reddit posted these links though, I'm not sure how long they'll last so get while the getting's good if you want them.

Rar Part 1 of 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ezfqheow142aape
Rar Part 2 of 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?v91ublhh3zq4zvv

I liked what I saw in the first ep but there wasn't enough to judge the show on its own without the nostalgia factor of getting to glimpse the future of the Avatar world. Korra seems like she's got plenty of rough edges to smooth out just like first season Aang and there seemed to be several undercurrents of conflict brewing that should provide plenty of opportunities for Korra to whip up on people and grow as a character.

animus
Mon, 03-19-2012, 09:00 AM
This polar bear dog is pretty cool.

Archangel
Mon, 03-19-2012, 03:57 PM
This polar bear dog is pretty cool.
And it's a girl :3

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Book One: Air

*orgasm*

oyabun
Wed, 03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
I am impressed with the animation and Korra is pretty damn cool. It's great to see she uses the elements at will.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 03-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Yes, very interesting and all but all this talk about ye olden days make me crave for Aang, Sokka, Toph and Iroh action even more!

I don't like time jumps.

koppayana
Sat, 03-24-2012, 12:14 AM
http://korra.blob.core.windows.net/content/video/content_2_episode.mp4

episode one and two.(unless its all the first episode and i just missed the 2nd part)

darkshadow
Sat, 03-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Ahh shiiet awesome link, is indeed 2 episodes in good quality even.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 03-24-2012, 01:42 AM
http://www.korranation.com/

Both the 1st and 2nd episode are together there in one clip and the quality is pretty good.

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-24-2012, 06:17 AM
I really like the 1920s Shanghai style of the city and its culture. It's a nice direction to take the world of Avatar.

The Pro/Modern bending styles seem much weaker than the ones we're used to, but you can certainly see they're more energy efficient. The two brothers use the least movement possible, and time their strikes, so they don't get exhausted doing something grand and spectacular.

I do wonder if they are capable of doing things like Korra does, or if weaker benders now have some additional options with precision strikes. Why use a claymore when a dagger works just as well?

Dark Dragon
Sat, 03-24-2012, 06:02 PM
It makes sense for modern benders to be weaker, so they can set up for the benders vs non-benders conflict that is brewing in the background.

The creators are taking a completely new approach with this series and i really appreciate that. It would've been really easy for them to create a series that is exactly like the first, but with new characters. There is certainly a lot of room for more mature topics with this new setting.

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-24-2012, 06:44 PM
It makes sense for modern benders to be weaker, so they can set up for the benders vs non-benders conflict that is brewing in the background.
I'm not so sure they are weaker. The three hoodlums Korra took out weren't exactly weak, but the brothers just haven't had a reason to show off yet. They both abide by the rules of Pro Bending, while make sure they don't tire out from the constant attacks the players have to do. Their style is very reminiscent of boxing.

Also, don't forget that 70 or however many years it was ago, there were plenty of non-benders that could thwart benders. Despite being comedy-relief, Sokka was a competent fighter, as were Suki, Jet, June the bounty hunter, Ty Lee, and Mai. The latter two espeically. They defeated the benders of the show just as often as the other way around. Even Zuko was arguably a better fighter than he was a bender.

The conflict seems to be more about benders abusing their powers for their own corrupt personal gain, which helps the evil society gain recruits from the regular citizenry.

koppayana
Sat, 03-24-2012, 08:13 PM
just a thought i had, what if Amon is the son of Sokka and Suki? Oh the possibilities!

Archangel
Sun, 03-25-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm sure that the way they'll set the bender vs non bender conflict is by adding some of those chi blockers to the mix.

I'm also guessing we'll have a love triangle somewhere down the line as well.

Assassin
Sun, 03-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Yes, its true....ANOTHER AVATAR SERIES!!!!! :D

I think this is suppsed to air in april, but the first 2 eps (http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2732358-The-Last-Airbender-The-Legend-of-Korra) seem to be out.

Here's a summary:

The Last Airbender The Legend of Korra: Taking place 70 years after the events of "Avatar: The Last Airbender," this story follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang - a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenage girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City - a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

Really looking forward to this, as the original Avatar was a classic and a favorite of mine. And the series is reminiscent of the the original so it promises to be just as good.

Marik
Sun, 03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/18622-Avatar-The-Legend-of-Korra

Assassin
Sun, 03-25-2012, 09:58 PM
i hate you for ruining my moment >.>

animus
Sun, 03-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Uh, why did this get moved out of the anime section?

Assassin
Sun, 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM
i merged the threads and moved it here since it is an american tv show

Archangel
Mon, 03-26-2012, 06:17 AM
Uh, why did this get moved out of the anime section?
Assassin was butthurt he had just found out about Korra and got told by Marik.

animus
Mon, 03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
i merged the threads and moved it here since it is an american tv show

Well is there a guideline that says it should be in this section (since it is American) as opposed to General Anime (since it is an animation) especially considering the original Avatar: The Last Airbender thread was in the General Anime section?

Y
Mon, 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
This isn't an anime. Stop spergin' out over it.

Archangel
Mon, 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
If you're gonna be anal about it then the thread's title should also be "TV: The Legend of Korra".

Assassin
Mon, 03-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Actually no. the full name is infact "The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra". Also, it doesn't matter?

Well is there a guideline that says it should be in this section (since it is American) as opposed to General Anime (since it is an animation) especially considering the original Avatar: The Last Airbender thread was in the General Anime section?

I dunno about the original series, but it's not anime so it belongs here. The guideline being logic.

On a more productive note, i've decided to rewatch the original series in anticipation of the new one. The world they created really is so detailed.....makes me wanna ride elephant coy.

Y
Tue, 03-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Actually no. the full name is infact "The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra".

This is pretty fucking ominous, if you think about it.

Archangel
Tue, 03-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Not sure if legit

http://i.imgur.com/3iO78.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IgIMd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KuLxE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jqASh.jpg

Y
Tue, 03-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I talked about this in IRC, but pro-bending is probably the most well thought out and believable fake sport. That shit puts Quidditch to shame.

Archangel
Tue, 03-27-2012, 06:10 PM
That no hitting the roof law is totally gonna come into play in one of Korra's games.

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-27-2012, 07:10 PM
More like the foul of, "Intentionally hitting the referee stand, or a referee, with an element." This is Korra we're talking about.

I am impressed at all the safety and fairness rules involving specific bending. I was wondering why Korra never used ice. It would make sense to do so (either on an opponent or on oneself), but obviously open up the potential for one's opponent/self getting seriously harmed by subsequent earthbending.

Assassin
Wed, 03-28-2012, 06:42 PM
pretty kool. looks like they thought this out

Death BOO Z
Sun, 04-15-2012, 03:36 AM
was anyone else reminiscent of HxH battle tower in the moments before Korra learned to dance?

also, the polar bear dog has bigger, stronger front legs than the back legs. it seems like a bad natural design.

Of course, I'm still impressed, going to watch the two episodes again later tonight.

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 04-23-2012, 03:20 AM
Chapter 3: The Revelation (http://www.demonoid.me/files/download/2912984/)

Edit: I'm starting to like this series. And it seems someone (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20495-TV-The-Last-Airbender-The-Legend-of-Korra?p=510221&viewfull=1#post510221) was spot on.

Archangel
Mon, 04-23-2012, 06:53 AM
Muahahaha, praise me more!

So it seems lightning and metal bending are fairly common knowledge these days. As such, i expect even greater things of today's top benders.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 04-23-2012, 08:56 AM
I assume that these skills are common because they require some familiartiy with other bending styles (water for lightning, and maybe fire for metal).
I wasn't too sold on this episode, I think it was too rushed.

My theory is that the energy-bending and anti-bender movement is a ruse, a distraction to the raise of an additional avatar - another person who can bend all elements, (considering that Mako and Bolin are blood brothers and bend different elements, I don't think it's impossible). I suspect the anti-avatar is trying to diffuse the opposition - other benders who have the potential to multi-bend.

also, I only understood now that "triad"s isn't just because of the hong-kong setting, but also because they have people from the three bending styles.

Carnage
Mon, 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Does this kind of make anyone think of the rise of communism? Kind of how the Fire Nation was Fascist in ATLAB?

Y
Mon, 04-23-2012, 09:27 PM
I appreciate things like Amon's revolution not being "let's kill all the benders because they're so bad" or the fact that Korra is indeed using her privilege to oppress the street preacher guy, and I hope Amon's backstory isn't something comically evil (his stated backstory is almost certainly fake). He is already a more fleshed out villain than Firelord Ozai though, who was just a crazy genocidal monster.

Anyone notice Korra's ridiculous strength? Not only can she lift a guy off the ground with one hand but she tosses the goon at the Equalist meeting around like it's nothing, despite him weighing probably twice as much as her. Girl is boss as fuck.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-24-2012, 02:59 AM
The other thing she's got going for her is that she's not stupid (most of the time). One thing I really appreciated was that when she was responsible for providing the diversion, she deliberately did not use bending in front of the big dude. She was just twisting the handwheels to get it out, and then she used regular martial arts with her sash to knock him out. Only after there were no potential witnesses did she use waterbending to move the steam.

Didn't help hide anything in the end, but it's nice to know that for ever door she belligerently kicks in, she also knows when to use a little discretion.

Also, Lance Henriksen voicing Amon's second in command. So awesome.

Carnage
Tue, 04-24-2012, 01:45 PM
The other thing she's got going for her is that she's not stupid (most of the time). One thing I really appreciated was that when she was responsible for providing the diversion, she deliberately did not use bending in front of the big dude. She was just twisting the handwheels to get it out, and then she used regular martial arts with her sash to knock him out. Only after there were no potential witnesses did she use waterbending to move the steam.

Didn't help hide anything in the end, but it's nice to know that for ever door she belligerently kicks in, she also knows when to use a little discretion.

Also, Lance Henriksen voicing Amon's second in command. So awesome.

That actually didnt make sense to me. There was noone around while she was struggling, if she had used waterbending she probably would have created the distraction before the guard arrived. It seemed quite stupid to me.

anime nomad
Tue, 04-24-2012, 03:06 PM
being a big fan of the first series, I keep looking for the descendants of the old main characters.
I have a suspicion that this Amon is related in some way to fire lord ozai and is seeking revenge on the avatar personally. after all, fire lord ozai is one of only two people in the world to have experienced the technique to remove a persons bending.

it seems that Korra would be at a distinct disadvantage to the chi blockers if she doesn't master air bending. she seems to be so slow compared to Aangs fluid movements and dodging, she's a sitting duck really.

also anyone else think the water bender Avatars got the short straw with their animal companions? I mean the fire avatars get a dragon, and the air gets a flying bison. as interesting as a polar bear dog may be, its kinda inadequate if it can't fly.

Y
Tue, 04-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Amon's technique is probably not the same thing Aang did to Firelord Ozai. For one, it doesn't have any of the same special effects, and it was said that without perfect balance, the power of another person's bending would annihilate the user, which it almost did it Aang. Yet Amon can dish out his sealing moves several times in a row with no apparently effort.

Also, when the turtle demonstrated the bending sealing power to Aang, and when he did it to Ozai, he touched the forehead and chest. When Amon did it, he only touched the forehead, so it's almost certainly not the same thing. If I had to guess, I'd say Amon is chi blocking people in a "permanent" way. I like someone's theory that what he is doing is disrupting the Crown chakra so it's impossible to achieve the inner balance necessary to bend at all.

Carnage
Tue, 04-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah my money is on Amon permanently "blocking" Korra's bending at the end of the season, and her spending the next one removing those blocks.

Y
Thu, 04-26-2012, 11:46 PM
I spread a leak of episode 4. Guess what? It owned really hard.

Carnage
Fri, 04-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Link for any bros who want it:

http://jumbofiles.com/99e5b725h41l

anime nomad
Fri, 04-27-2012, 09:50 PM
thanks for the link!

Killa-Eyez
Sat, 04-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Chapter Four: The Voice in the Night | Torrent (http://www.demonoid.ph/files/download/2917732/6865532/)

Archangel
Sat, 04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Isn't there a single group or dude releasing these in 720p? I'd like to make an archive until the BDs are ripped.

Killa-Eyez
Sat, 04-28-2012, 10:16 AM
There is this dude on Demonoid who released up to ep 3 in 720p. His username is Daman4Life.

Archangel
Sat, 04-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks bro.

Kusanagi
Sat, 04-28-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm slightly disappointed to see that metal bending and lightning bending appear to be so prevalent in this series. If I recall correctly, Iroh said that lightning bending was rare even among the talented, and Toph was the only metal bender ever.

At least bloodbending hasn't become popular...yet.

Y
Sat, 04-28-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm actually really into the great talents passing down into common use. Think about Avatar: TLA. The cast were heroes of myth and legend in their own lives. The show built up the mythology of the Avatar and his compatriots so it seemed natural that they were the only ones in the world who possessed such powers. They were the world's saviors fighting against the greatest living evil on Earth, so of course they had legendary abilities that no one else could replicate.

Now we arrive at the present. The Avatar is more like a superhero than Buddha or Jesus, even to herself. The world is no longer oppressed by insane dictators and the evil villain is actually a revolutionary for the proletariat. The press corps badgers and hectors Korra, which is unthinkable of even the weaker modern politicians or leaders, having her come off as more of a celebrity. Modern technology and governance leave little room for an all-powerful avenger to muscle nations around. The Avatar is adrift in a world that is out of balance in a way that no longer makes sense. As a symbol of the deconstruction of the mythology of the Avatar world, normal people being lightningbenders or metalbenders (or, more pointedly, metalbending now being a tool of the oppressor and lightningbending now being something the oppressors can steal from you) makes perfect sense.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-29-2012, 05:16 AM
Y's really thinking about this...good stuff. I do like the fact that far more than great battles of power, turnabouts, and saving entire villages (or neighborhoods in this case), LoK has largely been about Korra fumbling through public relations and political intrigue. Being isolated at the poles with the White Lotus Society has left her completely unable to maneuver through the difficulties and dangers the more modern life. She's spent a lot of the series thus far being manipulated by the movers and shakers of the city. She made the smart move of shooting down that council guy when he came to visit, only to get ambushed into joining later at the party.

It is interesting that Korra has already made most of the progress in terms of developing her powers, and it doesn't help her solving the issues Republic City has one bit. If anything, each showy display makes things worse.

On a lighter note, the introduction of a 1930s style pinup/bombshell character, wavy hair, one hand on the hip pose and all. Woohoo! Who happens to be the heiress of the richest man in the city, a Chinese Henry Ford. In nearly every way the opposite of Korra. Is it a side plot, or is Asami more than she seems? Still, Mako's behavior makes me hope that Korra's romantic interest shifts to Bolin. Mako's too much of a player, or too greedy to find an easy way out of the life he's been dealt.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 04-29-2012, 11:08 AM
watched the episode, great one.

Chinese henryFord or manipulative waterbending councilman, who's your bet for amon's true identity now?

Y
Sun, 04-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Y's really thinking about this...good stuff. I do like the fact that far more than great battles of power, turnabouts, and saving entire villages (or neighborhoods in this case), LoK has largely been about Korra fumbling through public relations and political intrigue. Being isolated at the poles with the White Lotus Society has left her completely unable to maneuver through the difficulties and dangers the more modern life. She's spent a lot of the series thus far being manipulated by the movers and shakers of the city. She made the smart move of shooting down that council guy when he came to visit, only to get ambushed into joining later at the party.

It is interesting that Korra has already made most of the progress in terms of developing her powers, and it doesn't help her solving the issues Republic City has one bit. If anything, each showy display makes things worse.

On a lighter note, the introduction of a 1930s style pinup/bombshell character, wavy hair, one hand on the hip pose and all. Woohoo! Who happens to be the heiress of the richest man in the city, a Chinese Henry Ford. In nearly every way the opposite of Korra. Is it a side plot, or is Asami more than she seems? Still, Mako's behavior makes me hope that Korra's romantic interest shifts to Bolin. Mako's too much of a player, or too greedy to find an easy way out of the life he's been dealt.

Again this represents another savvy turn away from the established elements from A:TLA. The White Lotus Society used to be the intellectuals and pacifist rebels who cannily manipulated events in A:TLA in order to bring peace to the world. Now they are the established order in the world, and while they have trained Korra pretty well in fighting techniques they left her woefully unprepared for the real world.

The love triangle (quadrangle?) elements are pretty well done. Notice that when Tenzin's daughter asks Korra if Mako is the Firebender she can't stop thinking about, she doesn't answer, and Mako fell pretty hard for Sato's daughter. Ryllharu expressed some dismay at growing romance elements from the pilot but I think the writers have enough credit in my book to do whatever they want.

watched the episode, great one.

Chinese henryFord or manipulative waterbending councilman, who's your bet for amon's true identity now?

Neither one is voiced by Steven Blum and Sato weighs way too much. I think we, the audience, will probably find out early on some pretty obvious signs of who Amon is, but the characters won't know. It would be totally absurd for him to be someone we already met.

anime nomad
Sun, 04-29-2012, 06:35 PM
I think its rather interesting that metal bending and fire bending are more prevalent. Both techniques are what I would term "inventions" or discoveries in bending - the result of research and training if you will. knowledge of these techniques was not widely available during A:TLA's time. the fact that they are in common use shows that the world has progressed since A:TLA not just in traditional science, as evidenced by the automobile industry, but also in bending. I would love to see if the creators have thought up any new branches of bending - particularly in the Air bending department as that was the only school that did not have a 'specialty' like lighting and metal bending in A:TLA.

koppayana
Tue, 05-01-2012, 04:01 AM
I think its rather interesting that metal bending and fire bending are more prevalent. Both techniques are what I would term "inventions" or discoveries in bending - the result of research and training if you will. knowledge of these techniques was not widely available during A:TLA's time. the fact that they are in common use shows that the world has progressed since A:TLA not just in traditional science, as evidenced by the automobile industry, but also in bending. I would love to see if the creators have thought up any new branches of bending - particularly in the Air bending department as that was the only school that did not have a 'specialty' like lighting and metal bending in A:TLA.
Don't forget waterbending had bloodbending.

Just a thought, air bending is closely related to energy bending(air being the breath of life).

rockmanj
Tue, 05-01-2012, 05:45 AM
It was kind of weird to see adult Aang looking so serious. I am looking forward to those flashbacks.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 05-01-2012, 06:06 AM
I can understand how some techniques became more common place, it's the effect of living between many types of people.
it's like how learning a different language becomes much easier when you're around people who speak that language constantly. Lightning was rare because no firebender was willing to get to know the waterbending culture, and I suspect that metal bending involves some firebending elements.

IMO, the series isn't about the growth of Korra, it's about the growth of the modern city. we are currently seeing how tradition can't keep up with the modern life anymore. the nobles (councilmen) can't control the new forces in society: the new modern guilds - the corporations of different young benders in crime or in sports. and the industry tycoons aren't under the control of any bending fraction (as they were committed to the firenation empire - mercantilism). the equalist rebellion is a natural feeling by the unrepresented masses. AMON, of course, is something else.

I still suspect that he's trying to remove all the benders but him, and then reveal himself as the 'new avatar', and maybe claim himself as the new phenoix-king. we haven't seen Korra being a spirit avatar, so I think it's going to be a battle of who's the true avatar.
Of course, I'm looking forward to see Tenzin going all out and whooping ass. sure, he might not be as strong as Aang (which is probably causing him some issues), but he is the son of the avatar and of a skilled water-bender. I think he's the strongest bender in town for now (maybe more than Amon).

Archangel
Tue, 05-01-2012, 08:05 AM
By the way, i forgot to mention it but Amon being a energy bender pretty much confirms he's one of Aangs other sons.

darkshadow
Tue, 05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Amon wasn't energy bending obviously.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I still suspect that he's trying to remove all the benders but him, and then reveal himself as the 'new avatar', and maybe claim himself as the new phenoix-king. we haven't seen Korra being a spirit avatar, so I think it's going to be a battle of who's the true avatar.

Of course, I'm looking forward to see Tenzin going all out and whooping ass. sure, he might not be as strong as Aang (which is probably causing him some issues), but he is the son of the avatar and of a skilled water-bender. I think he's the strongest bender in town for now (maybe more than Amon).Didn't Korra just experience a flashback of Aang's adult life? Doesn't that kind of imply that she is the legit Avatar?

I wouldn't say he's weaker than Aang in terms of airbending, he's just much more serious and in tune with the Airbending culture, something Aang wasn't able to experience (from what we saw) due to not only being the Avatar, but also being so young. Tenzin is a lot more like Aang's airbending masters 150+ years ago.

As we all found out, the Avatar can learn all the elements, but he/she may not be able to reach the same levels of mastery that regular benders were capable of achieving (most notably Toph). Unless they're in the Avatar state,...but that's something else entirely. Korra will learn airbending, but given her personality, do you ever think she'll be that good? Aang had similar problems with firebending.

Y
Tue, 05-01-2012, 04:06 PM
By the way, i forgot to mention it but Amon being a energy bender pretty much confirms he's one of Aangs other sons.

Amon isn't anyone we've seen, not even in pictures, because his skin color and eyes do not match any existing adult male character. Also he isn't an energybender.

anime nomad
Tue, 05-01-2012, 04:14 PM
.... Lightning was rare because no firebender was willing to get to know the waterbending culture, and I suspect that metal bending involves some firebending elements....

there seems to be a misconception here that bending Lightening came from studying water benders. it did not. The defensive technique that Iroh used to redirect lightening came from studying water benders, but generating lightening was never said to have come from that source.
The specialties of the different schools of bending come from a extremely fine grained control of that bending school - when taught to Azula lightening was reinforced by rigid and precise forms where even one hair out of place was considered a defect. in Tophs case she had to "see" even deeper into the form of the metal to detect the earth particles therein (possible human bending technique for earth here as well?)

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 05-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Some great action and funny comic relief made Chapter Five (http://www.demonoid.ph/files/download/2923560/3432766/) pretty sweet!

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-06-2012, 11:12 AM
not a big fan of romance heavy episode. although Bolin did rock that battle...

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
As did Korra's turnabout. A rather clever use of waterbending and skill. She diminished the ability of the other two by blocking them with their own teammates which gained her the time she needed to use one of those big flashy bending moves that while extremely effective, usually gets her hit in the middle of it.

I wasn't too keen on them spending the majority of the episode on romance, but Bolin running away in huge gloopy anime tears, then sobbing uncontrollably and overeating to the point where he threw up mid-match was pretty funny.

But they generally accelerated time to get into the finals and whatever is coming out of the pro-bending side of things. The champion team are pretty nasty if they are shattering face-shields. I'm guessing concentrated waterbending made that hole, since anything a firebender or earthbender could do to make that kind of hole is against the rules and would be a foul.

Archangel
Mon, 05-07-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm also guessing we'll have a love triangle somewhere down the line as well.
Well that came into play way sooner than i expected

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-13-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm glad we're done with the pro-bending story. a bit sorry that the wolfbats were a cheating team in black uniform (rather than just unsportsmanlike and insanely skilled). Tenzin and Beifong didn't click with me, but I'm glad Korra figured it out as soon as it was clear to the audience (instead of drawing it long).

Next episodes should be amazing

Carnage
Tue, 06-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Damn this show really is better than the last one. The animation is much better as well, I wonder if they have more funding now than before? And its been completely unpredictable so far.

Archangel
Tue, 06-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Damn this show really is better than the last one. The animation is much better as well, I wonder if they have more funding now than before? And its been completely unpredictable so far.
More resources along with better connections and greater technology.

Y
Tue, 06-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Calling this show better than TLA is a stretch and lauding it for unpredictability even moreso.

Carnage
Tue, 06-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Calling this show better than TLA is a stretch and lauding it for unpredictability even moreso.

Well of course we have to wait until the end to give a final verdict, but at the pace its going I really wouldn't be surprised. And come on, there had to have been some good moments when you were surprised.

darkshadow
Tue, 06-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Y and Ryll and I have been pretty accurately predicting what would happen in IRC for weeks now, though right now Y and I are kinda disagreeing on what's coming next ;P.

deadlydreamx
Wed, 06-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Y and Ryll and I have been pretty accurately predicting what would happen in IRC for weeks now, though right now Y and I are kinda disagreeing on what's coming next ;P.

Well lets hear your theories.

Carnage
Wed, 06-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Not my theory but I found it interesting:

Bloodbending:

You can use it to control another persons actions.

So, with bloodbending, you can make a person unable to move and even cause physical harm on themselves.

With bloodbending, you control that person. You can dictate what they can't and cannot do.

With bloodbending, it should be possible to block the flow of blood to the necessary areas that are the focal point for bending. With bloodbending, it should be possible to prevent another person from bending.

Because of this, Tarrlok is now Amon.

Y
Wed, 06-06-2012, 02:56 PM
That's really dumb as hell.

Archangel
Wed, 06-06-2012, 03:13 PM
That's really dumb as hell.
This. .

Carnage
Wed, 06-06-2012, 04:43 PM
I certainly dont buy that Tarlokk is Amon at all, but its interesting to think that Amon is using some form of the original 4 element bending techniques to physically block someone's chi paths rather than energy bending it out of them.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 06-06-2012, 05:02 PM
hell of an episode. really a lot going on.
torlacks putting a wedge between benders and non-benders, and tries to create a gap between them that will ensure that benders support him (because if they give up, the non-benders will have their rightful revenge) and position himself above the other councilman and the avatar, he's already got the police in his hands (probably blackmailing the new head of police, and the rest of them are the most likely to follow his ideas, as they know they'll put to trial if things are changed).

an awesome bending battle, amazing water attacks, and great comeback for korra, until stuff happened.

Archangel
Wed, 06-06-2012, 05:11 PM
I certainly dont buy that Tarlokk is Amon at all, but its interesting to think that Amon is using some form of the original 4 element bending techniques to physically block someone's chi paths rather than energy bending it out of them.
I still say it's energy bending.

poopdeville
Sat, 06-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Tarlock is the big-bad. Ammon is incidental, and will probably join Team Avatar near the end. Ammon's rebellion is war between Ammon and Tarlock.

deadlydreamx
Sat, 06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Tarlock is the big-bad. Ammon is incidental, and will probably join Team Avatar near the end. Ammon's rebellion is war between Ammon and Tarlock.

Well the last episode seems to prove that idea wrong...

Y
Sat, 06-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Well the latest episode certainly puts a lot of things to rest. The flashback sequence with Aang was exactly what everyone assumed it was, Tarlok is exactly who he appeared to be, etc. The most interesting reveal was Aang removing someone's powers without a light show (only his tats glow) making it all but confirmed that Amon is using a different version of the same technique. His plan is, I suppose, pretty much exactly what he said it was - to replace the Avatar with himself by removing her powers and being the strongest (and possibly the only) remaining bender.

Archangel
Sat, 06-09-2012, 03:52 PM
The light show was never a thing, what we saw was most likely just a metaphor for the internal struggle that went on as Aang was attempting to seal the fire lord's bending forever.

Y
Sat, 06-09-2012, 04:25 PM
The light show was never a thing, what we saw was most likely just a metaphor for the internal struggle that went on as Aang was attempting to seal the fire lord's bending forever.

Yeah an "internal struggle" that exploded the cloud cover away for miles.

Archangel
Sat, 06-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Metaphorical cloud, it signified Aang's ambivalence in taking away another person's ability to bend.

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Where were you weeks ago Ark, when I was getting chewed out on IRC by Y and DS for saying the exact same thing?

They take it literally, while it is clear that it was spiritual and metaphorical.

Archangel
Sun, 06-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Their faggoty combo is ruthless, especially when they're wrong. But yeah i've always defended this point as well, and the latest episode proved it.

Y
Sun, 06-10-2012, 04:11 PM
It doesn't prove anything, especially since it was super obviously NOT just in their heads. It caused an earthquake and blew the clouds away. That can easily be explained away as Aang only having such great difficulty because it was the first time he attempted it.

Archangel
Sun, 06-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah that's it, he was struggling so hard that the world around himself shook. Ignore the fact that nobody else mentioned seeing a light show or that we've witnesses the same technique being used plenty of times without it.

poopdeville
Sun, 06-10-2012, 04:27 PM
There's no such thing as "metaphorical clouds".

Why would Aang have an "internal struggle" over taking Ozai's powers away? He not only ended a reign of terror and restored balance to the world, but he did it as a pacifist and with a clean conscience. That's obviously what a Buddha-like avatar of God is supposed to do.

Archangel
Sun, 06-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Murder was just as justifiable and yet he struggled with that as well.

poopdeville
Sun, 06-10-2012, 04:35 PM
There is no "as well". The result of the struggle with "justifiable murder" was the realization that he could take Ozai's powers away.

So how exactly is his "inner struggle" supposed to part the "metaphorical clouds" when the struggle was already concluded by then?

Y
Sun, 06-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah that's it, he was struggling so hard that the world around himself shook. Ignore the fact that nobody else mentioned seeing a light show or that we've witnesses the same technique being used plenty of times without it.

I don't get why someone would have to mention it. Yes, his powers caused a real effect in the world. Every single time someone uses bending, it is both literal and symbolic. Bending is an allegory for the bender's approach to the world, which is why Aang has all the bending powers. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that, just this one time, the special effects were not "real" within the context of the world. Like I said on IRC (where you bizarrely refused to respond to these same points) do you believe his tattoos glowing is not real? If so, why? No one that I can recall has ever said "Aang, your glowing tattoos in Avatar State are awesome".

Archangel
Sun, 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM
The fact that his tattoos glow has been previously mentioned, yes.

This form of bending, unlike other, is internal; a bending of your inner energy and not of the visible elements. It's the original form of bending ( that we know of at least ) and is essentially different. I don't see how this point is so hard for you to understand.

I'm ready to agree to disagree, i don't see much of a future in this discussion.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-10-2012, 06:07 PM
I didn't like this episode, most of it seemed too simple.

super blood bending, a super villains' son that returns for revenge, a sudden witness... it feels like they've decided the show was getting too mature and had to end that plotline as soon as possible.
also, republic city really is a class-based society - Sokka wasn't a bender, but was made councilman (due to his connections with Aang and the founding of the city). and now, merely a generation after that, every major position in the town is held by a bender. sucks for the lower classes, they can't even join the civil service as cops or soldiers if they can't bend.

Amon being immune to blood bending is a bit of a puzzler, mostly because there aren't any limitations to bloodbending. it can actually make people float! My first guess would be that amon is a robot of some sort, but that's just stupid. so maybe a fire bender can cancel bloodbending by increasing his blood temperature? although, it might be a a double canceling bit. maybe being unable to bend (because one has been energy bended) renders you immune to inner bending? because Yakkon was able to BloodBend aang, so it has to be something conscious it.

as usual, sky bisons as taxis suck

Archangel
Sun, 06-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Btw, who the fuck was the guy wearing air nomad clothes sitting left of Sokka?

Y
Sun, 06-10-2012, 09:32 PM
My first guess would be that amon is a robot of some sort, but that's just stupid.

Too bad you rejected this, because Amon is a cyborg.

Y
Sun, 06-10-2012, 10:30 PM
The fact that his tattoos glow has been previously mentioned, yes.

This form of bending, unlike other, is internal; a bending of your inner energy and not of the visible elements.

Yeah, if you simply say the visible elements aren't real.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-17-2012, 03:10 PM
so, episode ten.

Return of admiral Zuko? taking back bah-sing-sei? it's going to be alot harder to convince the city to follow through another war than it was to defend the city.
I liked Tenzin battles this episode, he was kinda awesome, blowing that mecha to the air. wasn't too fond of his children winning fights or with Asami kicking so much ass (but both mostly because I don't like 'spirit' winning against 'experience' in general). Lin taking down an airship was probably a call back to Suki ("Did boomerang come back?" "No, Suki did!"). I felt that the son should somehow be named after her, but oh well.

I have a suspicion that the city clerk is working with the bad guys. maybe he's coloring his mustache black whenever he puts on his uniforms and goes moonlighting as an equalist.

Archangel
Sun, 06-17-2012, 04:46 PM
It wasn't really a matter of spirit, Asami has been training in self defense since childhood while these equalists are probably just john does picked off the streets trained in a hurry in the chi blocking techniques, and the kids are airbenders. The equalists have no idea how to deal with airbenders, that much is obvious.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 06-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Found this today. Kind of interesting. I haven't seen every single episode of the original so this is new to me. But what I can gather from this image is that you can't actually take away someone's bending. Merely having them believe it is gone by suppressing it for some time. Kinda like hypnosis perhaps?

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-18-2012, 03:06 PM
that's interesting...
It's one of the last episodes of season 2, I think.
If true, it's really good writing.

Archangel
Mon, 06-18-2012, 05:27 PM
It would be phenomenal storytelling and it would make a lot of sense.

The moment Lin "lost" her bending i was convinced they would find a way to return it to everyone eventually. Makes sense that this particular blocking of the chi is one that can be surpassed through sheer willpower, she has plenty of that.

Archangel
Thu, 06-21-2012, 08:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IMKzv.gif

Death BOO Z
Fri, 06-22-2012, 02:18 AM
there's no conservation of land mass in that clip.

other than that, it's awesome.

Y
Sat, 06-23-2012, 09:20 PM
I hope no one will disagree with me when I say the writing in this series is much weaker than any season of Avatar: The Last Airbender now.

Assassin
Sat, 06-23-2012, 10:16 PM
yup.

I kinda felt like the final stanoff was rushed. there was alot of build up for a somewhat lackluster battle, and then amon gets blown up. end of story. It also seemed weird how everyone got their bending back all too easy....i knew at some point we'd get an aang reversal with regards to the bending, but they could've made it more then 4 seconds.

I was actually thinking that Korra would only be able to air bend, and the next 3 books would be about her relearning all the other bending styles all over again.

Also, some explanation of how she could air bend right after the other bending abilities were taken away would've been nice. infact, the general process of how amon was using bloodbending to take peoples bending would've been nice to have.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Man, pretty great season. The next season is going to have to come up with entirely new plot threads though, because they really didn't leave any hanging from this season.

I hope no one will disagree with me when I say the writing in this series is much weaker than any season of Avatar: The Last Airbender now.I think it's too early to tell. Some of the stuff in the last two episodes seem like ass-pulls now, but it might make perfect sense if they explain it later. Just because it doesn't make sense to you yet, doesn't automatically make the writing bad.

I was actually thinking that Korra would only be able to air bend, and the next 3 books would be about her relearning all the other bending styles all over again.I was kind of disappointed they undid it at the very end as well as, like you, I thought it would be the core conflict of the next season.

I'm not even sure why Aang's method worked. Assuming Aang's method isn't the same thing as Aman's, I'm not sure why it would be able to fix what Aman did. Unless Aang was Bloodbending all along instead of using Spiritbending.

Also, some explanation of how she could air bend right after the other bending abilities were taken away would've been nice. infact, the general process of how mon was using bloodbending to take peoples bending would've been nice to have.Here's my theory:

Since we know from the previous series that it's possible to physically block the chakras that control bending, that Aman's power was using his Bloodbending to manually block those chakras.

It would also fit in with the original description of the chakras, how the first four each correspond to Earth, Water, Fire, then Air. I believe Aman probably blocked them at the point between Fire and Air, which would explain why Korra could still Airbend. And the reason he didn't block Korra properly was because he'd never actually blocked an Airbender before.

Munsu
Sun, 06-24-2012, 12:51 AM
I personally really enjoyed this season, but have to say the last episode left me quite underwhelmed. The way Korra came about her spiritual awakening was quite lame in my opinion. I also have to say that Mako sucks as a character, really hope they find some other jackass for a love interest.

As for the second season, I hope we get to see more of Tenzin's brother.

Archangel
Sun, 06-24-2012, 05:41 AM
This season was shit, everything good it had was canceled but this completely and utterly crap ending.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-24-2012, 06:10 AM
"you're a wise and noble hobo..."

yeah, Not exactly what I hoped for. many wasted characters (forget Bumi, was there really a point to bring Iroh?), the only character that gained my respect this episode was Tarlok. it really seems like he didn't want to bloodbend his way to ruling the city. also, I loved what he did in the end.

at first, I thought Amon really scarred himself to make the story seem right, but it turns out it was make-up. does he apply it every morning when he wakes up? it doesn't seem very water resistant, does he carry a make-up purse to strengthen it when he goes to the bathroom?
I agree that he probably doesn't know how to block air-bending because he never had the chance to practice.
"I ain't late, AMON time exactly. amirite?"

I understand that they can't finish the season on a bad note that everyone can't bend anymore, but I think a reasonable middle-way would be to say that Katara can only break the blood-bending block under full moon, and even then, only one person each month.

still kind of bugs me that brothers can have different bending styles, first Bolin and Mako (whom I thought weren't blood-brothers) and now Tenzin and Bumi. I think it opens up the possibility of non-avatars having multiple bending styles.
really didn't connect to Mako, he tried to be Zuko, without having gone through Zuko's bad life. compared to his good natured brother Bolin, he comes across as kind of a jerk. what kind of women would want that? (oh, wait. EVERY WOMAN). also, his fire-bending skills seemed to depend more on the plot than on anything else. it's like he's a 7th level character that uses 20th level abilities. far too powerful compared to what we've seen of him.

of course, my main problem with the season is that the bad guys are right.

republic city (and the world it governs with the UN ARMY) is an oligarchy controlled by benders, and mostly by descendants of Aang and his friends. the council (Tenzin, and before that - Sokka), the Police, the army (general Iroh and Commander Bumi) and even the order of white lotus is the personal bending guard. you can't join the police without being a bender, the most popular sport is a benders only event. The economy seemed kind of rough for everyone, so it was probably worse for non-benders.
the average man probably wouldn't feel the difference between living under Amon's rule and the current situation. at least Amon directed the technology change, which would probably facilitate economy growth.

still, a bad Avatar episode is much better than most.

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-24-2012, 07:14 AM
republic city (and the world it governs with the UN ARMY) is an oligarchy controlled by benders, and mostly by descendants of Aang and his friends. the council (Tenzin, and before that - Sokka), the Police, the army (general Iroh and Commander Bumi) and even the order of white lotus is the personal bending guard. you can't join the police without being a bender, the most popular sport is a benders only event. The economy seemed kind of rough for everyone, so it was probably worse for non-benders.
I'm hoping that Lin (if she takes her job back) pulls in Amon's former lieutenant as the first non-bender on her police force as a part of his sentence, a kind of community service. He'd be able happy to keep misbehaving benders in line, which was really his whole purpose in life. The Equalists certainly showed that non-benders with the right training and tools are more than enough to stop a hostile bender, even though we knew that from the numerous examples in TLA (Jet, Suki, Mai, Ty-Lee and even Sokka).

Despite the rushed, bad, deus ex machina ending, there is still a ton of resentment in the city between benders and Equalist sympathizers, like you said. They're going to have to resolve that.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-24-2012, 10:07 AM
still kind of bugs me that brothers can have different bending styles, first Bolin and Mako (whom I thought weren't blood-brothers) and now Tenzin and Bumi. I think it opens up the possibility of non-avatars having multiple bending styles.Why do you think Bumi is a different kind of bender? Just because the character looks and acts like the original Bumi doesn't mean he's an Earthbender. They've already specifically stated that Bumi isn't a bender at all.

Bolin and Mako makes perfect sense as long as one of their parents is an Earthbender and the other is a Firebender.

of course, my main problem with the season is that the bad guys are right.

the average man probably wouldn't feel the difference between living under Amon's rule and the current situation. at least Amon directed the technology change, which would probably facilitate economy growth.While the council and the police all being benders are valid points, if regular folks don't like being excluded from Professional Bending, then they should just watch a different sport. It's not like Republic City forces Pro Bending to be popular. As for the technology thing, again, the benders weren't doing anything to slow the progress of technology in the first place. Republic City was already, like, the most advanced city in the world. Benders being in charge wasn't preventing Sato or anyone else from inventing mechs and airplanes. In fact, even the council being Benders isn't neccesarily and issue, because it just happens to be that way now. As Sokka is a former council member, you obviously don't HAVE to be a bender to have a seat on the council.

My primary problem with the Equalist ethos is that bending was somehow unnatural, and that benders should be stripped of their powers. Benders aren't unnatural. They're born that way. Yeah, it sucks you can't do it too, but stripping someone of their bending just because you can't is like a blind person taking away everyone else's sight so that they'll all be equal to him.

rockmanj
Tue, 07-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Good news, all:http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-legend-of-korra/22055/the-legend-of-korra-renewed

Carnage
Tue, 07-24-2012, 09:59 PM
The finale of the last book was so god awful Im actually not even excited about this. Lets see how next season goes.

darkshadow
Tue, 07-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Sounds great, can't wait; now they can actually make a show without having to write around and ending that's based on: "to be renewed or not?".

Y
Sat, 08-04-2012, 06:14 PM
The beauty of Avatar: TLA is that the whole series really told one big long story - there's obviously going to be no such arc continuing from S1 of Korra into S2. Now they know they WON'T be renewed (AFAIK the plan was for, at most, two seasons) so this season will be another standalone arc. The writing in Korra was troubled long before the goofy as fuck final episode.

Assassin
Sat, 08-04-2012, 08:50 PM
yup. they should've just pitched it as one single story line that continues over the 4 books. Oh well, im still looking forward to this.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Uhh I think you misread Y, it has been renewed for 40 more eps/3 more books.

Archangel
Fri, 07-19-2013, 04:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftLm52V1y0

Season 2 trailer. I'm probably repeating myself here, but i don't really see where they can go with this now. She's mastered the elements and arguably the avatar state in the first book, what more is there? If she's basically already all powerful then what meaningful challenges can be presented to her from here on out?

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-19-2013, 04:28 PM
I thought they made it fairly plain where Korra's greatest weaknesses lie. While she is very powerful even without the Avatar state in the physical realm, she is ruled by her emotions far too easily. Aang's worst moments of control are Korra's everyday status. Except at the magical dues ex machina ending of last season.

We're used to seeing Aang enter the spiritual realm in a placid state, deal with what he finds there, and return. He spent years training as a monk before he was frozen in the ice. In many ways, he was often quite familiar and comfortable with the spiritual realm. He could be there in moments with little need to prepare for meditation.

Korra, in stark contrast, spent her years in the North avoiding any kind of spiritual training. She has no concept of self control, is swayed by her emotions non-stop, and struggles with even the most minor spiritual efforts. Even Tenzin's children operate more easily that Korra does in spiritual matter, as the shots with Jinora show.

Think about the episode with Koh the Face Stealer (http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Koh). Aang really didn't have any trouble with it at all. Korra would have lost immediately.

This is actually one of the smartest things they could be doing with seasons that weren't originally planned to exist. She may have mastered all elements, she may be able to beat anyone in bending combat, but she's pathetically weak when it comes to stuff like this.

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-19-2013, 04:50 PM
double post as the result of a networking hiccup - mods please delete

Archangel
Fri, 07-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Well the avatar is supposed to bring balance, so far its been humanity the ones disturbing it so maybe we'll get to see the other side up to no good in the following books.

I'm keeping my expectations really low though, last season's ending was just too awful.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-19-2013, 05:08 PM
I liked all the really big creatures. and Tenzin shocked face is gold.
not big on bringing back the two brothers & Asami. but I guess that's what we get..

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-19-2013, 06:01 PM
They at least have to bring Asami back. Her part of the story and involvement in their little love triangle was left completely unresolved. It ended up being more of a "Oops, guess you like her better, oh well..." half-assed thing instead.

Korra still should have gotten together with the other brother.

Archangel
Fri, 07-19-2013, 06:12 PM
They at least have to bring Asami back. Her part of the story and involvement in their little love triangle was left completely unresolved. It ended up being more of a "Oops, guess you like her better, oh well..." half-assed thing instead.

Korra still should have gotten together with the other brother.
Nu-hum, she totally should have gotten together with Zuko 2.0.

Honor > *

darkshadow
Sun, 07-21-2013, 02:10 AM
http://youtu.be/7ftLm52V1y0

Archangel
Sun, 07-21-2013, 09:34 AM
...retarded?

Munsu
Sat, 09-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Anyone watched the premiere? Think I will do so tonight.

lelouch
Sat, 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
It was pretty good, but I don't like this "haxx0r spirit blobs running around" shit...

Looks like the North have come for the "cleansing"...

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-15-2013, 01:43 AM
loved it, of course.
I think it's a bit odd that an outcast from the north can become a southern chief so fast. and it's even weirder that he knew all about spirits getting mad for trashing with their holy spots, and still refused to listen to his brother.. did he learn nothing from the incident 20 years ago?

speaking of which:
I'm not buying this. seems too rush.
suddenly there's an evil spirit attacking! and now's the only chance to do the avatar ceremony. and quickly, we must rush to that place, and then to another~!

if I've ever seen a guy trying to monopolize the avatar, then this guy (her uncle? name?) is the guy.
my first guess: that guy is trying to become the new avatar (along with his creepy twins). they got water, spirit, and now each of them is going to attach to an element bender and learn how to bend a new element. we already saw the creepy girl shadowing Bolyn.
when they reached the air temple, the monks were expecting to see that Aangs' other children were also air benders. they're not, but who's to say that the can't learn it as well? shouldn't it be in their blood?
I'm even going on a stretch here, and point out that people from the city council no longer wear themed outfits. unless they're foreigners, you can't tell who's a firebender and who's an earthbender, boundaries are getting mixed.

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Loved the score the most. They're really outdoing themselves on the music in this series.

I'm not buying this. seems too rush.
suddenly there's an evil spirit attacking! and now's the only chance to do the avatar ceremony. and quickly, we must rush to that place, and then to another~!

if I've ever seen a guy trying to monopolize the avatar, then this guy (her uncle? name?) is the guy.
when they reached the air temple, the monks were expecting to see that Aangs' other children were also air benders. they're not, but who's to say that the can't learn it as well? shouldn't it be in their blood?
That's something I've always kind of liked about Korra's series. It's less of heroic epic, and more about Korra as the Avatar being used and manipulated. The isolation imposed on her by the White Lotuses has been hurting her a great deal, and it continues to do so. Now we're getting hints that her father is part of the reason, and possibly lied about Aang being the one to suggest the method his successor was to be trained.

It seemed that Jinora was getting the first hints to whatever Korra's uncle is really planning. The statue she found had a clear depiction of spiritual mumbo-jumbo around it, but it was also interesting to note that it was defaced. Was this perhaps a rogue avatar, one who felt the need to dominate spirits rather than communicate with them? The philosophy is that avatars are both responsible for maintaining balance, but they're also individuals. Some are more subdued, some are more warlike.

Jinora should probably be Korra's real spiritual teacher. Korra likes her, they're more similar in age, and Korra respects her and doesn't but heads with her like she does constantly with Tenzin.

Doesn't work that way. Bending is a hereditary trait. It's why the Fire Nation rounded up all the water benders of the militarily-weak Southern Water Tribe and imprisoned or killed them all. Katara was the last bender still in the tribe because it was a recessive trait in her father (her grandfather being a waterbending master). Katara's mother lied to protect her, saying she was the last one, dying in the process.

Tenzin is the airbender like their father, Kya the waterbender like their mother, and Bumi has no bending abilities at all (but is probably quite the tactician). In a way, he almost takes after Sokka.

lelouch
Sun, 09-15-2013, 07:48 PM
but who's to say that the can't learn it as well? shouldn't it be in their blood?

No they can only have one. That's why the avatar is so OP. They're the only ones who can know more than one.

If the series wanted to take a real good turn, they should make different villains for the first 3 books and then for the last book, have Aang not really be dead and running all of this behind the scenes (like anakin skywalker). Star wars bending nyoguhh

Archangel
Mon, 09-16-2013, 04:53 PM
It started well enough, but then again so did the first season. They won't trick me again, i don't just want an interesting premise i want a satisfying conclusion as well.

Hopefully the northern chief will either turn out not to be a villain after all or at least be an interesting one, his daughter Mai 2.0 already grabbed my attention though. Hoping the twins and Tenzin's brother and sister ( gilf? ) will be prominently featured.

Yukimura
Thu, 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
The world is still the best aspect of this show for me but if the premier is an indication of what's to come it looks like the most prominently featured characters will the most bland, uninspiring and irritating ones.

Korra couldn't be more of a petulant whiny brat if she tried, and while the show looks like it's going to try to explain away why she is that way it doesn't change the fact that I am not interested in seeing her behave the way she does. Aang's behavior in the first part of Book one of A:TLA was immature and offputting but by the later parts of of season one he had mostly learned to grow up and take the world at least somewhat seriously. Korra doesn't feel the slightest bit wiser or more mature from her experiences in season one and, while unsurprising, really let me down.

I'm going to remain hopeful that we'll see interesting stories surrounding Tenzin and his family and Asami and Bolin's adventures in free enterprise. The Northen Fuehrer's daughter (let's just ignore the totally superfluous trap brother) seemed like she could be entertaining playing off Bolin at least until the inevitable reveal that the siblings are actually daddy's little soulless hatchet men and they pick up the antagonist ball.

Also, for my money Mai did deadpan silent type way better than those two knuckleheads.

Edit: Another possible source of goodness looks to be the interplay between Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi. Kya is probably the hot older woman to replace Lin Baefong, and Bumi looks he could take on an Uncle Iroh like role with a combination of lulzy antics and seroius battle commander experiance informed wisdom.

Archangel
Thu, 09-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Korra couldn't be more of a petulant whiny brat if she tried, and while the show looks like it's going to try to explain away why she is that way it doesn't change the fact that I am not interested in seeing her behave the way she does. Aang's behavior in the first part of Book one of A:TLA was immature and offputting but by the later parts of of season one he had mostly learned to grow up and take the world at least somewhat seriously.

And Aang was way younger than Korra, he was entitled to more than a few tantrums but for the most part he was the ideal avatar always striving to do better and was accepting of any help he could get.

What really gets to me is Korra's underserved sense of accomplishment, she manages to air bend and the next week already thinks she's mastered the art and no longer has anything to learn from the only remaining airbending master in the world. Up until the last episode Aang was still training with Toph, Katara and Zuko to improve himself and his bending.

Plus the chauvinist in my tends to yell out "BITCH" every time she acts out, i'd probably be more understanding if it was Aang.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Avatars are informed of their avatarness when they grow a bit up. usually 16, aang was 12 and korra was about 7 when people told her "well, I guess you're about to be the boss of the world". it makes quite a dent on ones' personality.
It's aangs' fault, in a way. his definning years as an avatar were times in which no one believed in him, and he had next to no support. so he made sure that the next avatar would get a personal cheering squad. Korra best times were when people (the public in general, not her friends) didn't believe in her or when she was treated as an equal (pro-bending boxing).

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Don't forget that Aang had been a monk most of his life. Tenzin is very similar to him, except he had siblings that obviously picked on him. Korra has been exactly like a brash, temperamental toddler since we first saw her as a brash, temperamental toddler. She's a waterbender-Avatar who primarily uses firebending...

That's her personality, and why the spiritual side of things has always been so alien to her. She's about the least emotionally placid bender we've ever seen. She's on the level of early-Zuuko and Azula really.

Agree with Yuki regarding the female twin. Mai did deadpan so much better.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-19-2013, 05:01 PM
because mai had deadpan as an trait, not a character description. same way that zuuko did teen angst much better than mako.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-21-2013, 02:18 PM
episode three: unity and divisiveness, old wounds that didn't heal. and what all that.

Tenzin and family was pretty straight forward, starts subtle and escalates into the normal family routine. "who did dad love more? who takes care of old mom", the usual. nothing wrong with this part, but all out in the open.

as for the water tribes... I don't think it was really a rebellion attack. it looks like a wounded gazelle gambit. the south seems to have enough people that nobody knows every person in the village (compare it to Katara's old village, which was less than 100 heads), so it's possible that Unaloq got some of his men to stage the attack, have the avatar stop it, and then use it as an excuse to drop the cops on all his political enemies. classic.
I suspect that the fast talking merchant Howard weight Hugh guy is working with him.

I guess that opening all the portals (both poles, and maybe one in republic city) will get spirits running in the cities, and then unaloq could control them and conquer the world. because, seriously, "the world will be united" is exactly what the first Leviathan king will say.

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-21-2013, 05:04 PM
I thought his line about opening the northern portal to connect the two, "allowing spirits and man to move freely between the north and south" was what he was going to use to bring his full occupation force down to the south to conquer it completely.

Sometimes I wish Korra wasn't so gullible.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-22-2013, 03:55 AM
that's stage one, an appetizer, or even less than that, a cover.
the north water tribe is the only superpower that survived the 100 years war. all the other powers from that era (Umashu, Ba-Cing-Ce and the fire nation) were defeated. only the north lived through the war. the south was a mess and needed to rely on the north for provisions and population (I'm even going to say that most of the south tribesmen have northern grandparents). the deal with the south is having the center subdue the separatist. it's interesting, but not the big picture.
Unalaq is going to war against republic city. and the greatest weapon of this war will be spirit. (note: tagline for a movie, if they ever make one).

now, I'm going on a stretch here, so bear with me:
everybody knew that the next avatar is going to be from the water tribe. what if Unalaq sent his men to raid the city (and steal something spiritual) and to the forest so he could temper with the spirit world and stack the odds at his favor, so that the avatar could come through him? and then tonraq ruined his plans by going into the forest and fathering the avatar. In some perspectives, the north might be pissed, it lived through out the entire war, it lent it's best men to the invasion (day of black sun) and was the first nation to stand behind the avatar, and they never got their chance to shine after the war.

I think Unalaq planned to use the avatar (which was supposed to be eska and deska, the creep~twins), and position the water nation as the new superpower.
and if my previous allegations about Varrick secretly working with Unalaq (contrary to what we saw so far in the series), then it makes even more sense. both the 100years war and Amon's rebellion were based on technological progress. Unalaq planed to combine the worlds of man, spirit and machine and crown himself as the "Levithan Lord".

as for Korra, maybe you can trick her into sleeping with you by saying that's its' her duty as the avatar. Pow!

lelouch
Mon, 09-23-2013, 01:26 AM
as for Korra, maybe you can trick her into sleeping with you by saying that's its' her duty as the avatar. Pow!

Korra! Tenzin said you would probably be the worst female avatar in history to give blowjobs. But I believe in you. And with my training, you will give the greatest avatar blowjobs in history.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-28-2013, 12:56 PM
episode four.
hmmf, I thought unmasking Unalaq as the villain would take longer.
"it's a trap!"

I still believe Varick is working with Unalaq. I think that they decided together to let Korra find the truth about Unalaq (by using the 'judge') and get her to call the republic army to stop the northern invasion. and then Unalaq and Varick could crush the fleet with the combined powers of spirits and technology.

still no confirmation for my "Unalaq is trying to become the avatar himself" theory.

Archangel
Sun, 09-29-2013, 05:21 AM
I hadn't noticed this, this might be why Korra's avatar state feels so weaksauce

http://i.imgur.com/rOslsI1.jpg

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-05-2013, 08:24 AM
episode 5.
first of all, I don't remember republic city having a president in the first season.
most of the episode was showing how ill-equipped korra (and her friends) are in dealing with this 'adult war' situation. Asami and Bolyn are being played by Varrick, and Korra is played by both Varick and Unalaq.
Tenzins' bits were annoying as hell, it's obvious that he needs to learn humility in order to make himself worthy to teach the avatar, but unlike the bit about the sibling rivalry, this one is just superficial.

Bei-Fhong was great, though, she had about two lines (what are you doing in my office and the line about breaking up with tenzin) and both were amazing.

Archangel
Sat, 10-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Is an irrational bitch to him 24/7, breaks into his office and throws his desk over the room shouting and yelling through the whole thing.

- Omg r u breaking up with me??! *cries*

Very realistic writting

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-09-2013, 09:19 AM
first of all, I don't remember republic city having a president in the first season.Because it didn't. They said in the opening of Season 2 that the Bender Council was disbanded and a president was elected to replace it.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-09-2013, 01:37 PM
oh, I didn't notice it.
that kind of transition never ends well...

Roko
Sat, 10-19-2013, 01:57 PM
episode 7/8.
Now THIS is the avatar I fell in love with; I've not had such feelings of wonder since ATLA. The artwork was breathtaking, and the origin story of Wan/the avatar was amazing. Loved the various callbacks to Miyazaki as well, especially with the bridge to the oasis.

When it comes down to it, the avatar world at its core revolves around maintaining the balance between yin/yang|light/dark. I think the most compelling stories are produced when the show goes back to this foundation.

lelouch
Sat, 10-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Agreed. That one hour special was a more enjoyable watch than all of Legend of Korra combined. This show would have so much more potential if they replaced half the amount of comedy they try to throw in there with good, serious, quality material.

darkshadow
Sat, 10-19-2013, 07:47 PM
It was indeed certainly excellent this week.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 10-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Not big on wan as a character, but great episodes non the less.
everything clicked together, which is awesome, I think I even saw Koh (thefacestealer) back in the oasis, but not too sure 'bout it.

lelouch
Sat, 11-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Some damn good episodes lately -- gotta say they trump ATLA

darkshadow
Sat, 11-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah last 4 episodes have been great.

Archangel
Sun, 11-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Korra shall go down in history as the "Fuck up" avatar

lelouch
Mon, 11-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Korra shall go down in history as the "Fuck up" avatar

What's worse -- accidentally opening the spirit portals and plunging the world into darkness? Or running away from home and getting caught in a ball of ice and plunging the world into darkness?

Archangel
Mon, 11-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Yes because if he hadn't ran from home Aang would surely have vanquished evil with no control over the avatar state and only airbending. If he had stayed he would have been the youngest dead avatar in history.

lelouch
Mon, 11-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Yes because if he hadn't ran from home Aang would surely have vanquished evil with no control over the avatar state and only airbending. If he had stayed he would have been the youngest dead avatar in history.

No he could have fled to the earth and water tribes and learned bending before the countries collapsed. If he fought alongside them they might have never gotten to the ruined states that they were in.

Roko
Sat, 11-16-2013, 04:40 AM
So the last 4 episodes of Book 2 have been released in one day; made my day.

I definitely have some mixed feelings on how the book ended. I think the main thing that put me off was the whole giant energy spirit fighting at Republic City; that was just over the top and confusing as to how it was possible. Shooting energy beams at each other? Really? I felt like I was watching Ultraman or something. Also, what did Jinora do? That wasn't really explained.

All that being said though, the last 4 episodes were still quite epic. I did like many of the smaller scale fights though, Mako and Bolin working together especially, as well as the waterbending fight between the 2 brothers. Even the avatar duel was not too shabby, though I found it hard to believe that Korra's ability to bend 4 elements put her on equal/slightly lesser ground with Unalaq's sole waterbending ability.

Bumi was great comic relief, per usual. Really wish BeiFong had been featured more prominently; too bad she didn't join them in that last battle. Seems like she's been pushed off to the side this season, which is quite unfortunate. The direction they're taking the series is definitely interesting. Lots of possibilities and potential on where they could go for the next 2 books; let's hope they don't mess it up.

Archangel
Sat, 11-16-2013, 10:28 AM
A whole lot of ass pulling and tween relationship drama, fuck this show.

lelouch
Sat, 11-16-2013, 06:32 PM
though I found it hard to believe that Korra's ability to bend 4 elements put her on equal/slightly lesser ground with Unalaq's sole waterbending ability.

A teenager with body armour, an AK-47, and a trove of grenades can't necessary beat an experienced army man with just a pistol.

deadlydreamx
Sat, 11-16-2013, 06:55 PM
A teenager with body armour, an AK-47, and a trove of grenades can't necessary beat an experienced army man with just a pistol.

Avatar mode should give her all the knowledge of the past avatars. If your saying is correct then Aang should've never beaten the fire lord since he was known to be the best fire bender.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-17-2013, 05:23 AM
Good stuff.

This season started out really rocky, but picked up with the Avatar Wan stuff and then ended really strong.

The status quo is certainly changed, and I'm curious what exactly they plan to do for the next two seasons now that they've defeated the spiritual embodiement of evil.

I'm curious as to whether the Dark Avatar is going to be reincarnated the way the Avatar is.

And, I'm still waiting for Sound, Light and Thoughtbending to be introduced.

vejita613
Sun, 11-17-2013, 05:39 AM
Avatar mode should give her all the knowledge of the past avatars. If your saying is correct then Aang should've never beaten the fire lord since he was known to be the best fire bender.

Fire Lord didn't have a spirit backing him up though.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-18-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't know where you all got to see the last 4 eps but I've only seen up to the 3rd to last on TV and all I can say after watching it is Holy Shit, Fuck Mako. Of the many, many problems I have with this show the way the writers treat Mako has finally taken the crown of unglory from Korra and hers stupid shenanigans. With the end of the 3rd to last episode Mako was presented in an semi-messianic light just for not sucking completely at his job like everyone else in Repubic City has been this season. What really should have happened is everyone else should have felt shame for being so stupid and dismissive but Mako didn't need to be made out to look like some super sleuth.

But the last straw was what happened when Korra came back, now we have the bullshit writers giving her selective amnesia just so they can have bullshit Mako can do the same thing he did at the end of season one and screw over Asami for the sake of Korra because yay teenage relationship drama.

At least this time they had Bolin spell out how douchey Mako was being (big impact coming from the character they've been building up as the dumbest in the show) and he almost came clean, but then got scared and ran away from the truth yet again. Now I do think it's a fair worry that Korra might roast him for telling her (which I must admit is probably a legitimate fear), but to me that's just the writers forcing the situation to continue enabling Korra's horrible personality. I feel like this whole dramatic relationship tension crap takes a lot away from the show because it tarnishes the good qualities of characters for seemingly no reason other than to make sure every other character has some big personality flaw, possibly to ensure that no one can legitimately call Korra out for her bullshit with clean hands.

lelouch
Tue, 11-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah I think Korra is probably the worst and dumbest avatar in history.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Yeah, Korra is definitely the worst avatar ever.

I'm also disappointed that Korra chose to rebind herself to Rava, and not tie the two of them together again, undoing Wan's major mistake. The only possible outcome now is that there will be a Vaatu Avatar born. To do otherwise would further ruin any remaining continuity this series has.

I didn't really mind the "ultraman shit," because Vaatu has been shooting beams this whole time. It was Korra's soul shouting out her frustrations about how much of a fuckup she is. :D

Ultimately, my major complaint about this season is just the way bending was treated. In TLA, it was always drawn with great care. The movements all fit with the outcome of the attack in terms of style. Even in Season 1, Bolin and Mako use a distinctive boxing style to their bending, and it was drawn with care. In this season, it has generally been thrust-flame/earth/water, generic punch-flame/earth/water, wave arms-stronger flame/earth/water. There was no gravity or build up to the really fantastic displays or attacks.

You never really feel captivated by any given attack, the way that you knew Azula's attacks were going to be nasty before she even finished moving, or that Aang was going to blast someone off their feet. Or even that Mako was going to just dodge the attack and then deliver a decisive counter-attack. I think the only time we did get that was Bolin defending the president. Both Bolin and his opponents did it.

But the last straw was what happened when Korra came back, now we have the bullshit writers giving her selective amnesia just so they can have bullshit Mako can do the same thing he did at the end of season one and screw over Asami for the sake of Korra because yay teenage relationship drama.
Thankfully, they not only redeemed that in the final episode, they fixed the bullshit issue with the season 1 ending where they were paired. Korra and Mako finally broke up for good, recognizing that it just doesn't work. Unfortunately, this still means that Asami is being treated like a rebound, but hey, no more bullshit happy endings. They almost ruined it with Bolin and Eska, but they let that one go too. With any luck, we'll get back to the way the first season should have worked with Bolin (but I'd guess he's over her too), so it'll be the way that it must be, with Korra being miserably alone.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 02-09-2014, 05:37 PM
finally got around to watch the final episodes.
Didn't I call it? I called it. Now that modern times are upon us, everybody wants to be the avatar. everyone wants 15 minutes of fame. no respect for tradition.

Felt that the spirit world was pretty much a mess. at ATLA:LOA, spirit world was always a 'metaphor' it was spiritual as spiritual should mean. but if spirit world is just a different world, then it shouldn't change it's properties based on who comes to visit. Iroh was a complete curveball as well.

Tenzin almost got his stick removed, but not quite. Bumi got a moment of awsome, but it doesn't count because it was slapstick. Kaya was just 'there', without doing anything important to resolve her personal shit.

Angel Jinora... oh, who cares?
Desna and Eska, again with trying to make them mai 2.0, only without anyone to play them off, Bollin doesn't count because at no moment did I believe he has real feelings towards her.
Bollin was the joke, just as expected, and his mover career hardly lead to any real growth, so that's another waste. he had the cool fight in the mover premiere, but it lacked an emotional punch, due to him fighting no one important without any consequences. Mako, again, as expected, was treated like a damn super~hero, blasting the defenses from the plain against hundreds of water benders, and generally being "better than anyone else!!!" in every damn scene of his. and how did those two assholes become detectives anyway? they aren't even benders, so that can't be an excuse.

Korra should have sealed Vato inside herself as well, but at least she opted to change the status quo.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-28-2014, 07:48 PM
There's a new season. already a 3rd episode of it.
love how people aren't lining up to change their lives, it's pretty obvious that air bending civilization can't resurface just because some new dudes can blow wind around. it merges into the theme of worlds becoming one. just like how Bolin and Mako are a family even if they bend differently - someone who was born in earth civilization won't become a monk just because he suddenly fits the qualifications.
I hate the kid.

The earth kingdom story seems more interesting so far than the escaped convicts, I suspect that the earth queen might be an air-bender herself.
the prison breaks... welll, maybe if there were some explanations about them, who they were, what are their crimes, and so on. I think Yakone's dad as the mob boss was enough milking of that story, but it can still work out.

plots so far:
1. cosmic level: spirit world taking over Republic city.
2. nation level: earth nation setting out to start a war.
3. personal level: the new bending quarto and their messahic streak (which I think will take over plot 1 while our heroes are clearing out plot2).

vejita613
Sun, 06-29-2014, 04:04 AM
In truth, those air benders should have received at least some training, if only to control their powers. I think Tenzin should have offered them some basic training at Air Temple Island when they can make the appropriate arrangements.

Based on this weekends episodes and those that have already been leaked, I have a feeling this is going to be a much better season than the previous two. Animation looks so much better. Fight sequences seem to have much better choreography. The distraction of relationship issues seem to be at a bare minimum. And on top of all that, we get to have an airbending villain. Should be good times.

lelouch
Thu, 07-03-2014, 12:52 AM
I'm still hoping for them to just kill off Korra and make a new character with a less douchy personality. For once it would be nice for a protagonist to be smart and calculating instead of acting like Peter Griffin doing roadhouse impressions.

Also, serious question: is Tenzen slightly autistic? Telling people to leave behind their families and become a monk just because they can bend air now? Is he honestly retarded?

That kid is honestly a scumbag too. If i was Korra (double crossed twice now by the chump), I would just take away his bending ability for the good of mankind.

Looks like Communist China Sing Sei still has the Dai-NSA-Li working to ensure "proper" media coverage, maintained "order" and mutually assured poverty among the lower class.

vejita613
Fri, 07-04-2014, 08:49 AM
In all truth, Korra feels like shes grown somewhat this season. Kudos especially for helping that one guy out that wanted to jump. She's still a bit hot headed, but I think Tenzins training is finally getting through to her.

FYI, the first three episodes are on again today (I believe at 7 est again), and then starting next week we will be getting two episodes per week. It is speculated this is to last through the rest of the season.

Source. (https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/484364075015884800)

As nice as it is to get double the fix of Korra each week, I feel like the season will go by too fast and we will be suck waiting forever again for the next season.

edit: Korra is apparently at 8 pm for the rest of the season.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-15-2014, 05:52 PM
episode four.
I still hate that little piece of shit Kai, it's like how I don't like Mako, but worse, because he's a shit head brat.
I didn't like the air vs air fight with the dai-lee, their methods seem a bit too focused on the pincer hands, and the air moves are boring as shit (not to mention, way too OverPowered).
Mako and Bolin against Dai Lee was pretty cool, though, small space constraints are great for earth battles.
I still think that earth queen is an airbender herself, her sneezing screams 'one day i'll sneeze a gust of wind!', it seems like a build up towards a revelation. I'm more interested to see how the Republic City- Earth nation conflict plays out. Republic city doesn't have a true leader (tenzin is shit in that department), so they're bound to make some horrible mistakes.

renegade Benders.. well, the kidnapping was curveball, but it doesn't change much so far, controlling the avatar always means controlling the world, so i'm not very interested in the 'why'. I'm sure they are going to be the main villains of this season, but I'm still not sure how.

vejita613
Wed, 07-16-2014, 03:03 AM
I'm more interested to see how the Republic City- Earth nation conflict plays out. Republic city doesn't have a true leader (tenzin is shit in that department), so they're bound to make some horrible mistakes.
Republic City has the president. Granted, he's pretty terrible, but not as bad as the Earth Queen. Tenzin no longer as anything to do with the leadership of the city, but he was clearly the best of the council when it existed. I doubt the Earth Kingdom will be able to do much against the Alliance forces, but I am interested to see if the Queen will make good on her threat.

Kya vs Zaheer fight was the highlight of last weeks episodes for me. A very rare treat to see such fluid styles go up against each other in combat. One other thing that did catch my attention about Zaheers crew (apparently called the "Red Lotus") was the fact that Sokka was alive during the time when Korra was discovered to be the Avatar. If that's the case, and he was apart of the group that captured them, what if one of the Red Lotus killed him in the process? Would add to the dramatics I think.

vejita613
Sun, 07-20-2014, 05:44 AM
Episode 6: The fight between Lin and Suyin was decent, but Lin wasn't in any shape to battle. I would've preferred to see them fight when both are at full strength. I guess that won't be happening any time soon though. Did anyone else find it strange how Korra picked up metal bending so easily. I get that she's the Avatar and I get she was using meteorites, but to do it on the first try?

Episode 7: Not going to lie, I was kind of bored this episode. More Tenzin throwing around the iron fist a bit too much. Although, this time we have Bumi to thank for that. I find it hard to believe that Aang was like that while training Tenzin.

Also, I still don't care much for Kai.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-20-2014, 05:00 PM
I still hate Kai.
I guess it's kind of a personality thing.

I might write more about the rest of the episodes later, but mostly, I want to ask:
Does anyone else think Opal might be Lin and Tenzin's daughter?

rockmanj
Mon, 07-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Episode 6: The fight between Lin and Suyin was decent, but Lin wasn't in any shape to battle. I would've preferred to see them fight when both are at full strength. I guess that won't be happening any time soon though. Did anyone else find it strange how Korra picked up metal bending so easily. I get that she's the Avatar and I get she was using meteorites, but to do it on the first try?

Episode 7: Not going to lie, I was kind of bored this episode. More Tenzin throwing around the iron fist a bit too much. Although, this time we have Bumi to thank for that. I find it hard to believe that Aang was like that while training Tenzin.

Also, I still don't care much for Kai.

I liked the fight between the Bei Fong sisters; it was interesting to see how, even though they had presumably identical training, they fought so differently. Like, how Suyin (a dancer), had a much more solid and grounded style and Lin (who is all straitlaced) was more acrobatic.

Hmm, I don't think Tenzin has any kids out of wedlock but I did find it to be a bold choice for Lin and Suyin to be explicitly stated to have different fathers in a Nick show. That sort of thing happens in real life all the time, but I don't ever remember hearing something like that in a kid's show.

I agree re: Kai.

vejita613
Thu, 07-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Book 3 moving to digital release (http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/92735712934/book-3-moving-to-digital-release)

TL: DR Tomorrow there will only be one episode at 8 and then one new episode each week after which will be posted online.

Kind of sad really. First Nick drops four episodes online, then rushes to get the other episodes out without any sort of advertising before or during airing, and now they've practically given up and thrown everything online. I didn't think anyone could be even worse than CN.

lelouch
Mon, 07-28-2014, 01:04 AM
Episode 8:

No comment, other than great episode. This is turning out to be an excellent season.

rockmanj
Tue, 07-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Episode 8:

No comment, other than great episode. This is turning out to be an excellent season.

Yeah, it seems like the action is getting better by the episode.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-01-2014, 09:28 AM
great action episode, no doubts.
more than how awesome the outlaws were, I was impressed by the 'lowly joe' soldiers, they were actually effective. and how each bender style was unique: Mako and Boling were fighting like boxers, but when bolin was earthbending to move dirt around, he had different posture.
lava bending is awesome, and so are curved laser beams.

amazing season, I really want the plot to hold up.

P.S: just figured that 'criminal turned over who is also a master of a magic style who built a perfect nation and city with totally awesome crew of ex-cons and has loving family and is also an artist' is a markpoint of a Mary Sue character, and she just 'happens' to be called Sue.

edit: episode nine. it seems like they are a libertarian bunch. interesting.

lelouch
Sun, 08-03-2014, 02:11 AM
Episode 9:

-------------------------

Oh Korra... why are you such a fucking shitty avatar...

I hope they do a Gaiden series back to Roku, and do to that series what Fate/Zero was to FSN. More intense serious version.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 08-03-2014, 03:49 AM
?
I didn't get the 'shittyavatar' vibe from this episode.
a bit naive, yes. rush and immature, still yes. but it wasn't the colossal fuck-up of season 2.

again, it's aangs' fault: before him, the avatar wasn't considered to be representative of the people for the people by the people . when the air avatar killed the land lord and created Kyoshi island, it was a personal act for the good of the land, not for the good of the people.
ever since aang started building up cities and nations, people got the strange idea that the avatar is one of them, and that he should consider their benefit when he acts.
so Unaloq wanted to use the avatar to open up the spirit world, and she was cool with it. and Republic city wants the avater to be accountable for her actions, and she's cool with it. and Tenzin wants the avatar to help him build a dead nation, and she's cool with it. so what's the surprise that other groups think the avatar should help push through their ideology?

lelouch
Sun, 08-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Chasing a group of the strongest bending villains with no help other than 2 decent benders is just a Shitty idea and asking to get captured.

rockmanj
Sun, 08-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Interesting take on Nick's move to take Korra exclusively online: http://observationdeck.io9.com/the-sad-saga-of-korra-or-how-a-network-screws-over-its-1614451326?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Death BOO Z
Mon, 08-04-2014, 01:30 AM
that article had nothing of interest other than a whole info-dump about shows that I don't watch and don't care about.
sure, it's nice to know that dan schnider had made lots of money by becoming the pillar of the network for several years, but that doesn't explain the decision to go 'online only' with Korras' episodes.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-08-2014, 10:20 AM
episode ten..

I'm really waiting on Bolin to lava-bend or sand bend, more than just metal bend. maybe give him echolection (ability to sense stuff through vibrations).
either that, or that he's movie career, natural charisma when meeting his family, quick pai-sho skills and the prisoner talk to earth&water pair is going to pay off with some masterful manipulation of people.

Zaheer was so messed up with his vision of the 'free men' that he forgot that most people aren't perfect like he believes himself to be.

lelouch
Fri, 08-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Wow, definitely the best season of Avatar yet. Yeah I think Bolin won't be able to metal bend but will learn to Lavabend and the moral will be like everyone has different talents, you just have to find your own, or smth.

vejita613
Fri, 08-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Now that I'm back from my two week hiatus....

episode 11vcs=social_20140815_29831156&xid=LOKFB (http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-211-full-episode.html?vcs=social_20140815_29831156&xid=LOKFB)
Probably the best episode yet. That airbender battle. So crazy.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-16-2014, 12:46 AM
really was a great episode..
the scene with Tenzin was what I wanted to see all along, him taking on the three of them but losing when a fourth is added to the mix makes him actually seem powerful, which is something that we didn't see in the series yet. water spider attack was also amazing, and it's even better against water benders because it's monopolizing the water in the area. Wished to see a bit more of serious Bumi.

laser beams is actually the easiest enemy to deal with (for an air bender). just bend some dust in their general direction and let them explode it. it's speedgrapher 101.

lelouch
Sun, 08-17-2014, 12:27 AM
Did Tenzin gain a massive powerup since the previous seasons? He definitely did not seem to be this good of a fighter in previous season fights.

vejita613
Sun, 08-17-2014, 05:39 AM
Tenzin was always good. He was the first one to land a good hit on Amon back in season one. It's just he was never really given an opportunity to shine like he did this episode. Plus, it makes sense he would have the upper hand on Zaheer. Tenzin has had a lifetime of practical experience.

There's a lot of speculation that Tenzins going to die next week, based on some of the stuff some of the staff has said. I don't have any sources so take this with a grain of salt, but episode 11 certainly doesn't make things look good for him.

rockmanj
Wed, 08-20-2014, 01:51 PM
That was some BOSS fighting from Tenzin...too bad it looks like he might have bitten it. You know, it would actually make more sense for Bolin to use lavabending since one of his parents is a firebender.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-22-2014, 06:26 PM
12 & 13.
spoilers!!!!!

so, Kai served his purpose, don't know what good it was, but that's all there is to it.
a new character got named (metal girl captain), maybe there's a behind the scene reason for that.

it looked alot like the final battle in ATLA, only this time it was reversed.
Bolin got his groove on, although, seeing how much transportation is done by earth bending, he should't have even reached that state.
nitpick: avatar state draws on the knowledge of past avatars, there has been no metalbending avatar. how did half dead korra know to metal bend?
nitpick2: red lotus, they actually had someone who could metal-bend? that's pretty rare! and was this their plan all along? that means they had a metal bender even 15 years ago? impressive!

vejita613
Fri, 08-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Best season by far. Korra really showed her stuff, especially these last coupe of episodes. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out next chapter.

a new character got named (metal girl captain), maybe there's a behind the scene reason for that.

The biggest reason (so far) is that she was voiced by Zelda Williams, daughter of Robin Williams.

nitpick: avatar state draws on the knowledge of past avatars, there has been no metalbending avatar. how did half dead korra know to metal bend?
nitpick2: red lotus, they actually had someone who could metal-bend? that's pretty rare! and was this their plan all along? that means they had a metal bender even 15 years ago? impressive!

Korras been metal bending for the last few episodes now. No reason why she wouldn't be able to when she goes to avatar state.

Red Lotus had Suyins assistant. No telling who else in her faction work for the Red Lotus. For a while, I had suspected her of working for them.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-22-2014, 07:48 PM
ok, that might be the reason for naming her. I'm cool with that.

my problem with the red lotus is their plan. when they first wanted to abduct Korra (pre-story time), they wanted to raise her themselves, with them as her masters. that's a decent plan, I can see why some people would go for that. but then that got fucked up, and everybody went to prison. and now he's out for about a month (more, less?) and he managed to find people who are willing to kill the avater and one of them is a metal bender (who are quite rare!). all while running?
impressive!

(of course, maybe they are all spiritually gifted folks, and he recruited them over the spirit world.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-23-2014, 01:34 AM
I was wondering if Mako was ever going to Lightningbend against the Waterbender. Seems like a no-brainer.

and now he's out for about a month (more, less?) and he managed to find people who are willing to kill the avater and one of them is a metal bender (who are quite rare!). all while runningThe Red Lotus was clearly a larger organization that simply the 4 people that went to prison. For example, Unalaq from last season. These people were probably in the organization already.

nitpick: avatar state draws on the knowledge of past avatars, there has been no metalbending avatar. how did half dead korra know to metal bend?I don't think she did Metalbend, given that the platinum shackles are unbendable even with Metalbending. I think everything she did with the shackles was either physical, or the chains being pushed by one of the other elements.

Like when she first freed herself, she didn't bend the chains, she bent the stone of cave wall that the chains were attached to.

Ryllharu
Sat, 08-23-2014, 10:26 AM

I think we have to assume that platinum is considered "pure" enough that it can't be moved with metal bending, which relies on the tiny flecks of earth imbedded in most alloys.

Personally, I thought she used airbending and muscle to move the chain.

Korra has no past knowledge anymore. When she goes into the Avatar state, she's only tapping into Rava's power. She's the first of the new lines of avatars. That's why she wasn't doing anything fancy like she used to or Aang often did. She was just supercharged Korra. Her moves were the same raw blasts lacking in any finesse from season 1. Korra just blasting away with fire breath or throwing rocks. She didn't even really airbend much (because it is her worst skill).

Like vejita said, she did learn metalbending on her own, so she could use that.

What I really liked from the finale is that it makes Korra look downright broken. It's not so much the injuries, her spirit was crushed. She looked like she couldn't carry on for the first time ever, like she was a true failure. As if she finally realized that everything she'd done has only made the world more chaotic, a worse place. Sure, the air nation is back, but their resolution to stand in her place while she recovers only shows her how little an avatar is needed. They will be able to do more good in the time it takes her to recover than she had done across years.

I think this is a bigger change than anything else Korra has done. Vast improvement on the series if they keep up with this theme in season 4.

Also:
- That and Mako finally remembered he could bend lightning.
- Explosion lady is taller than Zaheer! How rare for a couple in any form of fiction.

vejita613
Tue, 09-16-2014, 06:52 PM
So, in case no one has heard yet, season 4 will start October 3. Here is a small clip from the first episode. (http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/korra-215-clip.html)

vejita613
Fri, 09-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Trailer for book 4. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCEFMY4TWGw)

Way to mess with everyone in the last two seconds of a trailer guys. You make me angry and yet pleased all at the same time.

lelouch
Fri, 09-26-2014, 05:45 PM
YAAAASSSS

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-27-2014, 03:04 AM
Green isn't a good color for her, especially with short hair. it's hard to tell her apart.

vejita613
Fri, 10-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Book 4; episode 1 (http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/the-legend-of-korra-214-full-episode-o2s3.html?vcs=social_20141003_32786056&xid=lokfb)

lelouch
Fri, 10-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Yup, great fucking start.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-04-2014, 06:14 AM
I guess we know the real reason they named Kuvira last season now. She's become a bit of a military dictator. While Suyin was always more of an advocate for harmony, as a former guard Kuvira prefers order.

Pretty interesting start. Kuvira seems like the obvious threat this season, but she's not technically an evildoer. The bandits seem rather sophisticated from what we're used to seeing. It reminds me a lot more of Jet's old crew.

It looks like Korra ran off to try to find her fighting spirit (or at least her rhythm) again, but it doesn't seem to be working out too well for her. I assume the physical rehabilitation was over in the first two years, and in the last six months she's still trying to get over her mental hurdles.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-04-2014, 01:15 PM
A. Loved seeing how the bandits aren't rolling over to the airbenders and actually have planes this time. it's good progression for them. Kai and Opal have suits that look like superboy.
B. Who runs that train? there's only one track and it seems to be too hi-tech, Cuviora has a private train but she isn't affiliated with republic city.
C. Prince Green is the same as Bolin. I would have liked seeing Mako actually being besties with him.
D. Quick re-cap on who is who in the metal city soap opera drama? I remember five brothers, Opal, the emo metal statue maker and no one else.
E. Korra searching for her groove is nice.
F. Too much green this episode.