PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 579

Marik
Wed, 03-21-2012, 05:37 AM
[Dragon&Fly] Naruto c.579: Online Viewing (http://dragonflyscans.org/manga/naruto/579/)

EpyonNext
Wed, 03-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Kabuto...sage mode.

I approve.

MFauli
Wed, 03-21-2012, 06:36 AM
I like it.

But I still donīt see how that ability gives Kabuto the power to defeat two Sharingan/Susanno-users. Really, Iīm rooting for Kabuto.

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 03-21-2012, 08:17 AM
I like it.

But I still donīt see how that ability gives Kabuto the power to defeat two Sharingan/Susanno-users. Really, Iīm rooting for Kabuto.

Well considering that they can't kill him that puts him at a huge advantage. Itachi's Susanno is fully handicapped as its weapons are locked (can't kill him). Genjutsu is out of the question since Kabuto has all the snakes. Sharingan seems useless as sage mode offers him heightened reflexes and awareness. All in all it seems Kabuto has all the cards atm.

MFauli
Wed, 03-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Though Iīm still trying to figure out the outcome of this battle, or rather, what a possible outcome would do to the plotīs progression.

Itachi losing is a non-matter, heīs already dead. Sasuke wonīt die here. But Kabuto dying now would suck balls. I guess the ideal outcome would be Itachi finding a way to cancel Edo Tensei, but Kabuto still getting away thanks to his abilities. Would grant Itachi a victory, but keep Kabuto relevant, which I hope he really is.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-21-2012, 09:10 AM
I like that they finally explained a few more of Orochimaru's creepy abilities. And of course, this is how Sasuke beats Naruto in their coming fight. By then, he'll already know what sage mode is about.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Doesn't really matter, Kabutoro's sage mode is clearly as imperfect as jiraiya's was.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 03-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Also..Karin an Uzumaki?

MFauli
Wed, 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Wait, do you guys think this actually explains Orochimaruīs facial appearance? Basically, he had this snake-like face because he had already obtained the imperfect sage-mode of Ryuchido? But ... shouldnīt Oro have been a lot stronger then?

As for Karin being an Uzumaki: Just donīt think about it. lol

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 03-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Also..Karin an Uzumaki?

Heh, I thought that was hilarious but ignored it.

EinReB23
Wed, 03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Heh, I thought that was hilarious but ignored it.

people with red hair suddenly becoming an uzumaki.... wait...gaara has red hair, right?

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Doesn't really matter, Kabutoro's sage mode is clearly as imperfect as jiraiya's was.

It's enough that he'll become familiar with the general abilities of sage-mode. Besides, I don't see anything that indicates what Kabuto's mastery level of sage-mode is.

Wait, do you guys think this actually explains Orochimaruīs facial appearance? Basically, he had this snake-like face because he had already obtained the imperfect sage-mode of Ryuchido? But ... shouldnīt Oro have been a lot stronger then?

As for Karin being an Uzumaki: Just donīt think about it. lol

Judging by what Kabuto said, it doesn't look like Orochimaru was able learn sage-mode because he couldn't find a body that had that potential. Orochimaru has some crazy snake powers they still didn't fully explain, but the ability to melt into what looked like goo, and his crazy ability to not get killed by things that actually hit him were well explained.

One thing I'm a little off on: are they saying that Juugo's ability comes from the absorption of nature energy, and that it drives him insane?

darkshadow
Wed, 03-21-2012, 12:56 PM
The frog sage explicitly stated that the less perfect your control is, the more "animal" like your appearance will be.
So far Naruto's has been the most perfect state since only his eyes changed, kabuto's skin has changed ( just like the froglike warts/lumps jiraiya had), his face is more gaunt, and he has freaking horns or whatever growing out of his head/neck....yeah imperfect.

unandpw
Wed, 03-21-2012, 01:02 PM
You know...in order to keep the Uzumaki clan alive, Naruto and Karin are probably going to hook up. 0_o

DB_Hunter
Wed, 03-21-2012, 01:39 PM
If Kabutoro is such a badass sage, why does he still need specs?

EpyonNext
Wed, 03-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Specs of Awesome (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpecsOfAwesome)

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-21-2012, 02:16 PM
specs make you stronger, duh.

I liked this chapter, it was a bit of a wrap-it-up for Sasuke's team, but it still worked for me.
if Kabuto is a sage-mode, it distinguishes him from Orochimaru, and makes him a fighting character on his own. it gave him a bit of an "Aizen" vibe, becoming a perfect being and such.

I really wish that Itachi would lose, maybe Kabuto still needs information from him, and then he'll release the edo-tensai (to mess with Tobi). Sasuke still has a fight left with Naruto, I think.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-21-2012, 02:19 PM
people with red hair suddenly becoming an uzumaki.... wait...gaara has red hair, right?

It's not sudden at all. Naruto's mom had said that red hair was a trademark of the Uzumaki clan. And Tobi commented on Nagato's red hair reflecting his Uzumaki blood when he went to collect the Rinnegan from his corpse.

MFauli
Wed, 03-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Can we really assume that Kabutoīs sage mode is imperfect? Didnīt he say that he mastered the Ryuchido-sage mode by turning himself into not just a snake-sage, but a, well, "dragon"? Unless that was some bullshit-self-praise, it sounded like he perfectly mastered the whole thing. Maybe thereīs more than just "the more you perfect the sage-mode, the less you look like an animal". Maybe thereīs something like a Boost Sage-mode, where your powers transcend the powers that your sage-training is based upon. So, for example, maybe Naruto could transform himself into a salamander if he truly mastered the frogsī sage-mode (I have NO idea whatīs the fitting equivalent to the "snake -> dragon" evolution, lol)

You know...in order to keep the Uzumaki clan alive, Naruto and Karin are probably going to hook up. 0_o

I didnīt realize that incest was needed to keep your clan up.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
I like that the snake sage was smoking a cigarette in a holder. I wonder how it lit it. I thought it was mentioned somewhere else that Karin might be an Uzumaki, or maybe I imagined that.

yapchagi
Wed, 03-21-2012, 07:12 PM
karin is uzumaki. Nice. Naruto should get together with her then. Karin is hot!!! Don't need to care about Sakura. She acts like a bitch, so she's a bitch. As for Hinata, well..maybe Naruto can have 2 girlfriends and choose one of them for a wife.

viperwasp
Wed, 03-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Well considering that they can't kill him that puts him at a huge advantage. Itachi's Susanno is fully handicapped as its weapons are locked (can't kill him). Genjutsu is out of the question since Kabuto has all the snakes. Sharingan seems useless as sage mode offers him heightened reflexes and awareness. All in all it seems Kabuto has all the cards atm.

You have some point but don't forget both Sasuke and Itachi can still use there defensive capabilities and at least Sasuke won't let himself die if it comes to it he will be more then willing to kill Kabuto. And sage mode should have a limit.

kaigan
Fri, 03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
sweeeeeettttttttttt... nothing like meeting a white snake who's smoking a joint. What's next? a slug who's doing heroin. To think of it..... yes, i would like to see that

Y
Sun, 03-25-2012, 03:57 AM
I pointed out last chapter that it was ridiculous for Kabuto to stand against the Uchiha brothers, but with this reveal it does make sense. Sage Mode + Snake Buddies + the fact that they can't shoot to kill makes it very difficult for them to defeat him, despite the fact that he has no chance of taking both of them out. Itachi should be pretty good at beating people without killing them, though, considering how long he had to fake being the bad guy.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 03-25-2012, 07:53 AM
I don't get why the snakes prevent Genjutsu from working, what's the deal with that?

UChessmaster
Sun, 03-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Their spider-sense tingles when a genjutsu is coming so they can evade like they evaded Susanoo`s arrow.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 03-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't get why the snakes prevent Genjutsu from working, what's the deal with that?

I assume because they act as his eyes. In a sense he is like Pain that each body can see through each others line of sight. Unless they can Genjutsu all the snakes at once then it's useless.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 03-25-2012, 02:00 PM
I assume because they act as his eyes. In a sense he is like Pain that each body can see through each others line of sight. Unless they can Genjutsu all the snakes at once then it's useless.

That's what I was thinking. It shouldn't be difficult for someone of Itachi's level to, especially considering he is a strong genjutsu user with eyes made for this stuff, to put everyone and everything in a genjutsu. Plus Sasuke is there as well who despite seemingly showing greater affinity for ninjutsu would still provide some sort of genjutsu backup.

Carnage
Sun, 03-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Even if Itachi can only catch Kabutoro in genjutsu for only a second, can't he make a second last over 3 days with the mangekyou?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 03-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Exactly. By the time the snakes actually snap Kabuto out of Tsukuyomi he would have been battered for days. This point is what is supposed to set Tsukuyomi apart from all other types of genjutsu.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 03-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I thought that the snakes protected him from genjutsu because they saw infra-red for him, and he didn't need to use his eyesight anymore.

rockmanj
Sun, 03-25-2012, 08:29 PM
I am also guessing that the snakes provide some sort of extra-sensory abilities that allow him to move around without using only his senses and brain.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 03-26-2012, 12:46 PM
His eyes are still open

Y
Mon, 03-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Kabuto isn't looking into their eyes to get Tsukiyomi'd, and Sasuke even says in the chapter that the snakes are using senses other than sight. I'm assuming the snakes can't get mindcontrolled themselves. And a garden variety genjutsu isn't going to work on a guy who's been smoking Orochimaru's snake scales.

ForteCross
Mon, 03-26-2012, 05:15 PM
wasnt genjutsu about changing the chackra flow from an enemy to dull their senses?
if so then the snakes should be able to restore kabuto's chackra flow as they must be connected in some way so he can control them

also inb4 sakura learns some kind of sage mode from the big slug summon

Assertn
Mon, 03-26-2012, 06:21 PM
wasnt genjutsu about changing the chackra flow from an enemy to dull their senses?
if so then the snakes should be able to restore kabuto's chackra flow as they must be connected in some way so he can control them

also inb4 sakura learns some kind of sage mode from the big slug summon

If Sakura or Tsunade underwent the slug sage training, I imagine we would've seen them during this war, if not back when Pain was destroying everything.

Carnage
Mon, 03-26-2012, 09:44 PM
I would think their strategy should involve catching his sight. Even if the snakes snap him out of Tsukiyomi, Itachi doesn't even need half a second.

Kabuto isn't looking into their eyes to get Tsukiyomi'd, and Sasuke even says in the chapter that the snakes are using senses other than sight. I'm assuming the snakes can't get mindcontrolled themselves. And a garden variety genjutsu isn't going to work on a guy who's been smoking Orochimaru's snake scales.

Sidnne
Mon, 03-26-2012, 10:19 PM
When Itachi put Naruto in the Tsukiyomi, he said eye contact was not necessary. Itachi put him in it with just a movement of his finger. I don't see why it matters now if Kabuto makes eye contact or not.

Unless it wasn't Tsukiyomi and was just an ordinary genjutsu that he trapped Naruto in...

DB_Hunter
Tue, 03-27-2012, 12:30 PM
For every snake Kabuto has Itachi could create genjutsu primed crows that could deal with everything on the field

TwisT
Tue, 03-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Itachi used a regular genjutsu on Naruto. That is why Sakura and Sand-Granny was able to snap Naruto out of it. Also since it wasn't the real Itachi but a controlled body Kakashi noted that something was wrong. He even looked Kakashi directly in the eyes. That suggested that Itachi wasn't even able to use his ocular powers with the controlled body.