PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 578

Marik
Wed, 03-14-2012, 06:03 AM
[MangaBurn] Naruto c.578: Online Viewing (http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/80915_the-weak-point-of-despair/page_1)

[Dragon&Fly] Naruto c.578: Online Viewing (http://dragonflyscans.org/manga/naruto/578/)

[MangaZone] Naruto c.578: Online Viewing (http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/578)

DB_Hunter
Wed, 03-14-2012, 06:30 AM
Does Kabuto seriously stand a chance against

a) A normal 'alive' Itachi
b) An undead Itachi with unlimited chakra, healing and no death
c) A Sasuke that defeated Oro without MS
d) A Sasuke who gained MS and defeated Danzo
e) A Sasuke who has now gained EMS
f) A combination of b) and e)?

SilentSnake
Wed, 03-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Does Kabuto seriously stand a chance against

a) A normal 'alive' Itachi
b) An undead Itachi with unlimited chakra, healing and no death
c) A Sasuke that defeated Oro without MS
d) A Sasuke who gained MS and defeated Danzo
e) A Sasuke who has now gained EMS
f) A combination of b) and e)?

Nope. But he still behaves as if he was going to go to a very good party. Perhaps his funeral party? ;)

bigmarkg2
Wed, 03-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Itachi and Sasuke Vs Kabuto.
the picture, which the brothers meet kabuto is so interesting~

Judging by the dialog, Kabuto doesn't seems to know about the truth about Uchiha clan massacre, since he still think Sasuke hate Itachi. Look like there's a limit to what he can spy on. 

rockmanj
Wed, 03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Did Sasuke really try to use shuriken against Kabuto?

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM
He clearly has an extra coffin or something.

Possibly the one Orochimaru was going to use on the fourth.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 03-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes thats a good guess Felix, its obvious he has some sort of trap card lying in wait for just such an occasion.

If next week its 10 pages of the Kage's fighting wood clones again and Madara saying the same shit he's said for the last 5 weeks I'm going to be severely annoyed. We have Itachi and Sasuke together in possibly the greatest fanboy moment ever and they only get 3 pages a week.

yapchagi
Wed, 03-14-2012, 12:01 PM
damn naruto is getting interesting and more interesting.

UChessmaster
Wed, 03-14-2012, 12:23 PM
He clearly has an extra coffin or something.

Possibly the one Orochimaru was going to use on the fourth.

???????????

If you meant the third, that coffin was supossed to summon the fourth, it failed cause he was already sealed.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I liked the first chibi page that showed all the match-ups. It's interesting that Kakashi is there facing "The Man in the Mask." I'd imagine it's so when the mask comes off, Kakashi can identify him as Obito.

MFauli
Wed, 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Whatever it is, it better be some powerful trump card. Taking on Itachi and Sasuke at the same time, well, youīd have to be series end villain material to manage that. Though I kinda find it bs that Itachi and Sasuke are teaming up. Itīs just not believable.

Anyway, I wonder what Kishimoto is going for here. Obviously, Sasuke isnīt going to die. Zombie-Madara should be unbeatable now that he created a bunch of clones that are 100% copies of himself, capable of all his jutsu and having infinite chakra. Fake-Madara, however, wonīt be defeated since heīs the main villain. So, as I see it: Itachi "kills" Kabuto, which cancels Edo Tensei, thus saving the Kages and ending the fight between Fake-Madara and Naruto/Kakashi/Gai. That leaves only one event: Fake-Madara awakening the Juubi, be it with or without the inclusion of the Kyuubi. And then weīre about to see the end of this manga.

Which, if Iīm right, sucks, because I really donīt want to see Kabuto go down against a stupid zombie-Itachi. I still have hopes that somehow Orochimaru returns :/

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-14-2012, 01:43 PM
God. put the two Uchihas together and I hate them even more...

maybe if Sasuke sacrifices himself to give Itachi an openning to seal away Kabutoro...

and yes, I find it hard to believe that Kabuto doesn't know about the Itachi story. he was a spy for years... and an Akatsuki spy.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Nah Kabutomaru will summon Orochimaru and freak Sasuke out.

Keno
Wed, 03-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Kabutomaru summoning Orochimaru seems like the most obvious scenario, but that somehow doesn't seem enough to me. Maybe also summoning Itachi and Sasuke's parents (although very lame) could prove more dificult. Dunno, something that could challange Itachi I guess. Also, dunno why, but I've always had the feeling we would see Jiraya summoned as well. Can't have that happen if Kabuto is dealt with here. So dunno what will really happen.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
But Kabutomaru say that he was unable to find Jiraya's corpse?

Tofu #2
Wed, 03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
orochimaru can't be summoned since he resides with nagato
itachi already killed his parents once, doubt he would have to blink to do it twice
kabuto already said he couldn't summon jiraiya since his body&dna are in the sea, though tobi could make it possible

Whatever it is, it better be some powerful trump card. Taking on Itachi and Sasuke at the same time, well, youīd have to be series end villain material to manage that. Though I kinda find it bs that Itachi and Sasuke are teaming up. Itīs just not believable.

how is it not believable that 2 brothers (1 who gave up everything for the other) are teaming up?

redcat
Wed, 03-14-2012, 05:06 PM
sasuke: itachi i want to talk to you
itachi: ok let me end edo tensai first

:facepalm:

MFauli
Wed, 03-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Kabuto summoning Orochimaru would be fantastic, but I donīt see how this would help against this pair of opponents theyīre facing. I could see Orochimaru beating Itachi, maybe having figured out stuff by intentionally letting part of his soul be sealed by Susanoo. But thereīs no chance Orochimaru would be able to keep up with Sasuke. Yes, yes, Orochimaru was in a weakened state when Sasuke "killed" him, but I donīt see Oro being an equal opponent even in full health. Only chance is that Kishimoto gives Oro one of those non-sensical power upgrades that everyone received during this war, lol.

Just to be safe: We assume that Kabuto himself doesnīt stand a chance in a fight against Itachi and/or Sasuke, right? That leaves Edo Tensei only. Of all the dead ninjas, I can only think that Kabuto might summon Shisui, Itachis former best friend, whoīs afaik supposed to have been one of the strongest Uchiha. Other than that, he might go for the shock value and summon Itachiīs parents. If itīs for raw power, he might also pull the Rikudou Sennin-card out of his ass, wherever the hell he got his DNA from.

orochimaru can't be summoned since he resides with nagato

You mean Itachi. Itachi sealed Orochimaru inside his Susanoo-jutsu. At least thatīs what we have to assume.

how is it not believable that 2 brothers (1 who gave up everything for the other) are teaming up?

I dunno, when said brothers fought to death the last time they met and when you consider how blinded by rage Sasuke was all the time, itīs hard to believe. For me, anyway.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM
sasuke: itachi i want to talk to you
itachi: ok let me end edo tensai first

:facepalm:

Scumbag Itachi.

Archangel
Wed, 03-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Bloody hell... hasn't a group with a better translator popped up yet?

Carnage
Wed, 03-14-2012, 06:27 PM
I think that Kabutoro knows about Itachi's past, the translation was probably just wack. Perhaps he will summon whoever it was in the coffin that surprised tobi (assuming maybe it wasn't madara in the first place).

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-14-2012, 06:46 PM
The Manga Zone translation seems to be decent...relatively speaking.

I've got to say, I'm a big fan of Madara's sense of humor. "Now it's 5 vs. 1, please don't call me coward." lol xD.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-14-2012, 07:00 PM
...ugh...
Itachi did not seal Oro in susanoo; it doesn't have those properties.
Itachi used the sword of totsuka to seal oro in a genjutsu like world for all eternity. Meaning he isn't really dead, he's just sealed away; no edo tensei.

Archangel
Wed, 03-14-2012, 07:15 PM
I think that Kabutoro knows about Itachi's past, the translation was probably just wack. Perhaps he will summon whoever it was in the coffin that surprised tobi (assuming maybe it wasn't madara in the first place).
It was obviously Madara.

Assertn
Wed, 03-14-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't get how Kabuto can't just dispell the edo tensai on Itachi.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks for adding mangaburn, so much easier to read.

Archangel
Wed, 03-14-2012, 07:30 PM
That's the thing, maybe he really can't dispel them.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 03-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Then I would consider that a weakness. Unless he saw this coming and decided to alter the jutsu so that it can't be dispelled just so he couldn't be controlled to end it. Gonna be interesting to see what Itachi has planned.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 03-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Kabutoro can't summon Shisui, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten so happy at the thought of seizing Itachi's crow with Shisui's eye in it. The most likely thing is that he will summon their parents in an attempt to throw them. Itachi won't have a problem killing them again, but it might be enough to sway Sasuke as all he wants to do is talk to the family he never had. That could lead to conflict between the parents and Itachi and ultimately (and ironically) Sasuke having to fight his parents has he decides all his family are dead and that his brother is right in what he is doing thus deserves to be helped. As Sasuke 'kills' his own parents he realises the sacrifices that Itachi had to make were correct for the greater good, hence they end up defeating Kabuto. As Itachi see's this realisation dawn upon Sasuke he makes peace and his soul departs, leaveing Sasuke to join the battlefield on the side of Konoha.

Edit: And knowing Itachi, he probably has already placed Kabuto under genjutsu without the fool realising.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-14-2012, 09:20 PM

The jutsu was broken. If he can't control him, then he shouldn't be able to dispel him either. He basically has no power over Itachi of any kind.

Obviously, Sasuke is there to forgive Itachi after Kabuto is defeated, and that will give Itachi closure so he will dissolve and rest in peace.

yapchagi
Wed, 03-14-2012, 09:48 PM
kabuto can just summon both orochimaru and Shisui Uchiha.
But maybe he can't, coz orochimaru is still trapped inside that sword from the fight with itachi.

Assertn
Wed, 03-14-2012, 10:44 PM
The jutsu was broken. If he can't control him, then he shouldn't be able to dispel him either. He basically has no power over Itachi of any kind.

Obviously, Sasuke is there to forgive Itachi after Kabuto is defeated, and that will give Itachi closure so he will dissolve and rest in peace.

I'm pretty sure the mind control is a separate jutsu, as evident by how Orochimaru did it to the former kages after summoning them. Of course, this won't be confirmed until Kabutoro finally does release the jutsu, which will result in Itachi fading away as well.

kyubisrage
Thu, 03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
can anyone point out the chapter itachi and oro fought.. I thought sasuke killed oro..

Tofu #2
Thu, 03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Of all the dead ninjas, I can only think that Kabuto might summon Shisui, Itachis former best friend, whoīs afaik supposed to have been one of the strongest Uchiha.
also can't be summoned.

You mean Itachi. Itachi sealed Orochimaru inside his Susanoo-jutsu. At least thatīs what we have to assume.
no i mean nagato. since they were both sealed.

there was even a flashback, showing it was madara...

Assertn
Thu, 03-15-2012, 11:59 AM
can anyone point out the chapter itachi and oro fought.. I thought sasuke killed oro..
Oro was absorbed into Sasuke's body when Oro tried to execute the transfer technique. Itachi coaxed Oro to reveal himself from within Sasuke's subconscious, which Itachi then extracted Oro and sealed him up in Susanoo's sword technique.

darkshadow
Thu, 03-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Again, the sword isn't part of susanoo, it's a special weapon; a treasure.

Y
Thu, 03-15-2012, 04:12 PM
The hardest part of this fight should be Itachi and Sasuke holding back from killing Kabuto. They should absolutely curb stomp him. Itachi is fucking invincible for christ's sake. I hope the next 3 chapters are just him looking creepy under his hoodie while the Sharingan kids beat the unholy hell out of him.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM
I can see Itachi being absolved by his parents or something like that, forcing Sasuke to step up to the plate.

Archangel
Thu, 03-15-2012, 06:39 PM
What if Kabuto ressurects the whole Uchiha clan?

SilentSnake
Thu, 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM
What if Kabuto ressurects the whole Uchiha clan?

Itachi kills them all again?

Archangel
Thu, 03-15-2012, 08:32 PM
I know! That would be hilarious!

Tofu #2
Fri, 03-16-2012, 01:09 AM

kind of irrelevant, doesn't really matter or change anything

Kensee
Fri, 03-16-2012, 01:28 AM
I know! That would be hilarious!

Quite hilarious!

Itachi: This again? *one shot clan*

Anyhow, yeah the only reason Kabuto thinks he has the advantage is because he knows they "can't" kill him without letting the edo go crazy and kill everyone. So they have to beat him to a pulp, which will hopefully be enjoyable.

Assertn
Fri, 03-16-2012, 01:45 AM
If you're merely going by the fact that Oro was looking for it, then I don't see a case for you here. Just because he knew it was a legendary artifact doesn't mean that it wasn't an extension of susanoo.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 03-16-2012, 07:26 AM
The sword is not a Susanoo specific item. Zetsu's commentary on when Itachi used it to seal Oro seemed to indicated Itachi hunted out both the sword and Yata's mirror, not developed them as part of Susanoo.

UChessmaster
Fri, 03-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Hmmmm, what about Sasuke`s Susanoo? i doubt Sasuke had a huge legendary crossbow just in case.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 03-16-2012, 12:19 PM
The crossbow is probably what a standard Susanoo has. Maybe not not a crossbow but some sort of weapon like a sword, spear, club etc but certainly not legendary level weapons like Itachi's Susanoo possesed. Madara's Susanoo seems to have standard gear also and nothing special.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-16-2012, 02:42 PM
I really don't get WHY do we need magic items in Naruto.
they were never used by a good character, and never lasted for more than one fight...

although, the concept could be used in anime fillers, I guess.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sat, 03-17-2012, 05:23 AM
???????????

If you meant the third, that coffin was supposed to summon the fourth, it failed cause he was already sealed.

I was pretty sure it failed because the Fourth threw some kunai at it. Really, how could we be sure it was the Third anyways. Also, I'm pretty sure Oro would've at least had the sense to test those summons as Kabuto did, so maybe he had a way to summon the Third with him being sealed. Then again, Kishi changed all the rules on us.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 03-17-2012, 06:52 AM

HAHAHHAHA

UChessmaster
Sat, 03-17-2012, 10:02 AM
I was pretty sure it failed because the Fourth threw some kunai at it. Really, how could we be sure it was the Third anyways. Also, I'm pretty sure Oro would've at least had the sense to test those summons as Kabuto did, so maybe he had a way to summon the Third with him being sealed. Then again, Kishi changed all the rules on us.

There are four hokages, the 1st coffin had the 1st hokage, the 2nd coffin had the 2nd hokage, the 3rd hokage was alive, who would you GUESS was supossed to be on the 4th coffin assuming it came out. Go on, take a shot. Oro didn`t tested anything, by the Hokage`s reaction, it was clear that this was the first time they were summoned.

darkshadow
Sat, 03-17-2012, 10:09 AM
The 3rd coffin was never even summoned...it failed outright.

Sidnne
Sat, 03-17-2012, 10:13 AM
There are four hokages, the 1st coffin had the 1st hokage, the 2nd coffin had the 2nd hokage, the 3rd hokage was alive, who would you GUESS was supossed to be on the 4th hokage. Go on, take a shot. Oro didn`t tested anything, by the Hokage`s reaction, it was clear that this was the first time they were summoned.

How many times are people going to continue to argue about this when it has already been established, several times, that the Fourth's coffin was only in the anime as filler material, and was never in the manga?

UChessmaster
Sat, 03-17-2012, 10:16 AM
How many times are people going to continue to argue about this when it has already been established, several times, that the Fourth's coffin was only in the anime as filler material, and was never in the manga?

http://www.narutopod.com/manga/Naruto-Chapter-117/Naruto+-+117+-+19.jpg.php

Sarutobi: The third one... didn`t worked, it seems...

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/520/11

Kabutoro: That`s why Orochimaru-sama`s attempt to summon the fourth hokage failed... The fourth sealed his own soul in the belly of the death god with the dead demon soul.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Impure_World_Resurrection

"In chapter 117 of the manga, when Orochimaru first performs the technique, he tries to summon a third coffin. When the coffin is not summoned, he comments on its failure. Years later, in chapter 520, Kabuto explains that Orochimaru's attempt to summon the Fourth Hokage had failed due to his soul not residing in the "pure world". In episode 69 of the anime, when Orochimaru used this technique, the coffin briefly appears, with "four" (四, Yon) written on it; though the summoning of the Fourth Hokage still fails."

The 3rd coffin was never even summoned...it failed outright.

Correct, and it failed because it was the fourth who he attempted to summon... who was already sealed...

darkshadow
Sat, 03-17-2012, 11:17 AM
You forgot that the ritual kabutoro showed, basically means that summoning the 4th would've failed then and there.
Minato is sealed nobody is debating that, or why the "coffin" failed.
The "third coffin" with the minato in it should've never even existed, and since it was never shown we can assume it never actually did exist.

Sidnne
Sat, 03-17-2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.narutopod.com/manga/Naruto-Chapter-117/Naruto+-+117+-+19.jpg.php

Sarutobi: The third one... didn`t worked, it seems...

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/520/11

Kabutoro: That`s why Orochimaru-sama`s attempt to summon the fourth hokage failed... The fourth sealed his own soul in the belly of the death god with the dead demon soul.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Impure_World_Resurrection

"In chapter 117 of the manga, when Orochimaru first performs the technique, he tries to summon a third coffin. When the coffin is not summoned, he comments on its failure. Years later, in chapter 520, Kabuto explains that Orochimaru's attempt to summon the Fourth Hokage had failed due to his soul not residing in the "pure world". In episode 69 of the anime, when Orochimaru used this technique, the coffin briefly appears, with "four" (四, Yon) written on it; though the summoning of the Fourth Hokage still fails."

Neat. But there is still no 3rd coffin in the manga. I'll say it again, it did not exist in the manga.

UChessmaster
Sat, 03-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Neat. But there is still no 3rd coffin in the manga. I'll say it again, it did not exist in the manga.

A) I`m the one that said that there was a coffin, i answered because i presumed that other person saw the anime and decided not to nitpick.

B) My argument was never about the existence of a damn coffinc, just that Oro intended to summon the fourth and failed.

Sidnne
Sat, 03-17-2012, 01:02 PM
A) I`m the one that said that there was a coffin, i answered because i presumed that other person saw the anime and decided not to nitpick.

B) My argument was never about the existence of a damn coffinc, just that Oro intended to summon the fourth and failed.

What does this have to do with you? Insecure much?

My comment was not directed at an idividual, it was directed at the pointless discussion of a 3rd coffin/summoning the 4th. I only quoted your post because it was the most recent comment when I had posted.

UChessmaster
Sat, 03-17-2012, 02:27 PM
What does this have to do with you? Insecure much?

My comment was not directed at an idividual, it was directed at the pointless discussion of a 3rd coffin/summoning the 4th. I only quoted your post because it was the most recent comment when I had posted.

You quoted me specifically, so i figured your answer was directed to me, crazy huh?