PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 657

Marik
Wed, 02-15-2012, 07:44 AM
[MangaZone] One Piece c.657: Online Viewing (http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/657)

Death BOO Z
Wed, 02-15-2012, 08:46 AM
didn't one of the rookies have an ability like that? i think it was Trafangler Law (or Kidd).

last page was kindof shocking. the place is messed up.

Xscatic
Wed, 02-15-2012, 10:26 AM
yeah, one of the supernova rookies does have a ability like that, but it was never shown if Law's DF ability would let a person live while separated in parts/pieces. the only other character i can think of who could do this is don flamingo.

From the look of things, this island is probably a lab/test area of Dr. Vegapunk. I mean, just think about it. The name of the island [punk hazard], the weird rooms/conditions/collections [a dragon!, the half burning, half freezing weather, a room full of giant kids (who are either being examined on or raised to be navy officers), and the guys who are running around in hazmat suits. Another example of this is the gate with all of the different symbols and warnings from a few chapters back.

sorry if all of this has been discussed before, just trying to catch up.

Archangel
Wed, 02-15-2012, 11:09 AM
It does seem like Law's ability

Carnage
Wed, 02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
I have a hard time believing Sanji couldn't kick down that door.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Maybe Franky just wanted to show off?

Assertn
Wed, 02-15-2012, 03:54 PM
yeah, one of the supernova rookies does have a ability like that, but it was never shown if Law's DF ability would let a person live while separated in parts/pieces. the only other character i can think of who could do this is don flamingo.

I'm pretty sure the person lives while separated. Remember when Law was holding just the head of one of the marines and it was talking?

Edit: Now that you mention it, the fullbody suits those soldiers were wearing is somewhat reminiscent of Law's crew. Maybe they've been tasked to do something for him and the strawhats were captured unbeknownst to Law.

LaZie
Wed, 02-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Maybe Law is now a Shichibukai? It's a possibility.

Kensee
Thu, 02-16-2012, 03:16 AM
Late at night, i hold both my hands together and pretend I too could shoot a radical beam...

Some of these definitely remind me of some of the older supernovas that were introduced before. I hope we get to see more of them soon.

Assertn
Thu, 02-16-2012, 12:13 PM
This island totes reminds me of the freezeflame world from super mario galaxy, btw.

toonice714
Thu, 02-16-2012, 08:50 PM
This whole atmosphere screams Law. I doubt he wanted to be a shichibukai though. It doesnt seem like his bag. Especially with how his last encounter with the WG ended. I also want to say that i am so psyched that zoro might end up fighting a ton more in this arc. Was i the only one who got hype to hear about an entire island of swordsmen? Finally some back story or a flashback fight to how zoro lost that eye!

Xscatic
Fri, 02-17-2012, 12:42 AM
and now for something completely out of late night left field............. It could be BUGGY!!!!

what if, just what if, buggy was summoned by WG to become a shichibukai, and he accepted. But then he is considered too weak, and he can't just disappear/ secretly be put away since his "cover" [everyone saw his face and heard his back-story on the den-dens] was blown during the war. So "they" force him into fights were he can't run from and as a result, he gets "stronger" to the point were he can use his DF on others against their will. To test it out, "they" (WG) use this samurai as bait.

I mean it has been two years since then, it could happen? We saw what happen to coby, helmappo, tashigi, even ussop. Why not the same happen to buggy? Of course he won't be anywhere near the level of the other shichibukai, and who in the hell would/ could get caught in something like that unless it's a surprise attack. Plus I could see Buggy playing at the same angle Moria was; having his crew in secret while he looks/steal treasure from both sides.

(not likely, but i'll expect anything from Oda at this point)

we now return you to your programming already in progress.........

ruccus
Fri, 02-17-2012, 01:12 AM
This island looks awfully similar to the island Blackbeard has Jewelry Bonney captured on.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v61/c595/5.html

It is described as a burning island in the New World which would only make this half plausible, what with the second part being snowy mountains. Not even sure what the significance of that would be.

kyubisrage
Wed, 02-22-2012, 07:25 PM
no one piece?

Carnage
Wed, 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM
No its on break this week.

Archangel
Wed, 02-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Wut? I don't remember that...

UChessmaster
Wed, 02-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Carnage is right, there`s no episode this week.

Carnage
Thu, 02-23-2012, 12:06 AM
It was on the last page last week, wasnt translated though.

bigmarkg2
Thu, 02-23-2012, 04:01 AM
no one piece?

no one piece (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/) , it is breek this week, maybe oda should need a rest. He is a hard working man, as far as i know.