PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 248-249

Marik
Thu, 02-09-2012, 07:14 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 248: 1080p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=285498) | 720p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=285495) | 480p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=285494)

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 249: 1080p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=285549) | 720p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=285547) | 480p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=285545)

Leader had to come on and release it manually.

9 Feb 12, 07:43 AM
HorribleSubs Leader: naruto will be released in a bit

Kraco
Thu, 02-09-2012, 08:46 AM
HorribleSubs' script hasn't released 249 yet.

Maybe they just didn't notice it's two eps this week.

Anyway, Madara really robbed awesome parents from Naruto. The fights in these couple of episodes were excellent. I liked this a lot more than Third Hokage's death match. Hardly any standing around talking in parts where there shouldn't have been any. Only the very end showed some unlikely long talks considering how lethally wounded those two were, but since they were already doomed to die, it was okay.

Jolly good stuff, and I don't even like flashbacks. But what the hell was the preview promising? Can that even be canon? I hope it won't take the whole ep.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Awesome episodes.

1. So the 9-tails wasn't going berserk, he was straight up being controlled at the time. That's interesting.

2. Kushina...gaping holes in her stomach AND vagina at the same time...poor woman.

3. I don't like the visual effect on Minato's teleportation move. There's no "yellow flash" about it. It looks much cooler in the video games.

4. Ewww! Wtf is wrong with Madara's body?

5. Minato's plan seems....stupid. I'm gonna have Naruto grow up without a dad so that he can talk to his mom's ghost for 5 minutes later.

I know he gave a bunch of excuses about the balance of power and all that...but if he was really concerned that the 9-tails shouldn't die with Kushina, why didn't he just seal it inside himself?

6. Marik's avatar is...distracting...

Penner
Thu, 02-09-2012, 04:38 PM
God damn this was some good shit, awesome fighting parts, then some more emotional stuff towards the end, loved all of it.

Kraco
Thu, 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM
3. I don't like the visual effect on Minato's teleportation move. There's no "yellow flash" about it. It looks much cooler in the video games.

I thought he was Yellow flash because of teleporting and his hair colour.

5. Minato's plan seems....stupid. I'm gonna have Naruto grow up without a dad so that he can talk to his mom's ghost for 5 minutes later.

I know he gave a bunch of excuses about the balance of power and all that...but if he was really concerned that the 9-tails shouldn't die with Kushina, why didn't he just seal it inside himself?

I got the impression from their talks that if you "kill" (destroy might be a better term) Kyuubi, it will reappear soon after. So, sealing it with the death seal might have only resulted in what they were more afraid: It would soon return and this time with nobody to control it (or even worse, in evil hands). Perhaps sealing half of its power didn't trigger such a reaction plus made it possible for Naruto to endure the demon better.

I personally think the plan was sound and seemed very much like something Minato would do, though with as little as we know of him, I guess that's a shaky judgement at best. Nevertheless, to be Hokage at such a young age, he might have been full of will to protect the village. I doubt he could predict Naruto's shitty treatment at the hands of the villagers.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I got the impression from their talks that if you "kill" (destroy might be a better term) Kyuubi, it will reappear soon after. So, sealing it with the death seal might have only resulted in what they were more afraid: It would soon return and this time with nobody to control it (or even worse, in evil hands).So why wouldn't he just seal it inside himself using the regular seal instead of the death seal and become the Jinchuuriki?

He lives. Naruto has a father. The village still has it's tailed beast. There's no reason he shouldn't have been able to do this.

unandpw
Thu, 02-09-2012, 06:28 PM
So why wouldn't he just seal it inside himself using the regular seal instead of the death seal and become the Jinchuuriki?

He lives. Naruto has a father. The village still has it's tailed beast. There's no reason he shouldn't have been able to do this.

He probably didn't have enough chakra to seal the full Kyuubi. Assume the dead demon seal uses only a little bit, but could reduced the Kyuubi's power in half. What Minato has left could have been just enough to seal what remained of the Kyuubi into Naruto.

Kraco
Thu, 02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Kushina was from the clan of sealing masters, not Minato. For all we know, he might not even have been able to seal it by ordinary means. It took a bunch of Akatsuki guys to pull a tailed demon from a jinchuuriki and transfer it into the statue. So, it might take a few people to seal a tailed beast normally. The death seal was obviously a haxor's way since it claims the user's very life.

All in all I very much doubt he'd have chosen to die if there was another way to ensure the village's safety and Kyuubi's imprisonment.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
He said so himself that he was low on chakra. Also Kushina was going to kill the Kyuubi with her, but he would resurrected at a later date.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-09-2012, 11:42 PM
He said so himself that he was low on chakra.He had enough chakra to seal it inside Naruto, so clearly he had enough chakra to perform the jutsu. What difference does it make who he uses it on?

Kagari
Fri, 02-10-2012, 12:52 AM
He had enough chakra to seal it inside Naruto, so clearly he had enough chakra to perform the jutsu. What difference does it make who he uses it on?

I think he was only able to seal it after he took away half with the death sealing jutsu... otherwise too much chakra.

Awesome double ep, I hope they don't mess up the pace again and keep up a few good eps..

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 02-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Awesome. I teared up as Kushina faded.

They outdid themselves translating these ones into animation.

Marik, whats your avatar's source material?? Point me in the direction of that doujin

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Anyone else think it's weird that nobody seems to balk at the notion that the 4th gets to spend eternity in the Death God's stomach?

It's like when Kushina said, "Now I can finally go and be with Minato". Um, no you can't. You're presumably going to go wherever it is people go when they die in the Naruto universe. But Minato isn't going to be there waiting for you. That motherfucker is being Sarlaac'd.

I wonder if that will be a future arc. Naruto embarks on a spiritual quest to free his father from the Death God, and at the same time, reunite both halves of the 9-Tails.

I think he was only able to seal it after he took away half with the death sealing jutsu... otherwise too much chakra.I suppose that makes sense.

Kraco
Fri, 02-10-2012, 03:45 AM
It's like when Kushina said, "Now I can finally go and be with Minato". Um, no you can't. You're presumably going to go wherever it is people go when they die in the Naruto universe. But Minato isn't going to be there waiting for you. That motherfucker is being Sarlaac'd.

I wonder if that will be a future arc. Naruto embarks on a spiritual quest to free his father from the Death God, and at the same time, reunite both halves of the 9-Tails.

If Death God claims your life, don't you die? I'm not so sure there's any difference whatsoever. Even more so because Oro didn't live the rest of his bizarre life armless, only until he possessed another poor sod. So, rather than being held captive, his arms died due to being devoured by Death God. If the jutsu meant eternal imprisonment in a separate place, Minato could have sealed Kyuubi wholly with it, freeing the world entirely from its presence. But apparently that would have merely meant killing Kyuubi and thus only ensuring it reappears randomly later.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-10-2012, 11:41 AM
If Death God claims your life, don't you die? I'm not so sure there's any difference whatsoever.If that's the case, then it conflicts directly with what was stated before. They were pretty clear originally that the user and his target spend eternity being devoured by the Death God.

IEven more so because Oro didn't live the rest of his bizarre life armless, only until he possessed another poor sod.It's possible that the justsu that allows him to use the owners body as his own, also allowed him to use the owners soul as well.

Frankly, this part definitely feels like a bit of a retcon. We were told originally that the Death God Seal was the one used to seal the 9-tails. And while that's technically still true, we were led to believe it's what sealed it inside Naruto. Now there's TWO seals, each one used on half the 9-tails.

Honestly, it feels like Kishi created the badass Death God Seal, and then later realized, "Wait, if it drags you both into the Death God, the 9-tails would be dead, not inside Naruto. I better think up something else."

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 02-11-2012, 01:00 AM
And I'd say if this is his biggest mistake in the entire series he came out in the black in my eyes.

What was that other writer's name.... the guy who made that pretty cool show that ended up spiraling into a world of deus ex machina?

Kubo or something? Yeah I'd say comparatively I can let this one slide and just go back to not trying to study it like a science. As long as it keeps consistent enough for me to not call bullshit every episode then I can love it all the same. Albeit thorough work is a more interesting work.... if it was something like Evangelion then I could see myself delving deep and wanting it to all be perfect. But its naruto, and so it is.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-11-2012, 11:36 AM
And I'd say if this is his biggest mistake in the entire series he came out in the black in my eyes.
Well, I think he also makes a lot small poor choices in the ways certain powers work , when if he'd planned them out better beforehand, everything would be a little more intuitive.

But yes, on the whole, it's come out much better than Bleach.

Artris
Sun, 02-12-2012, 05:18 AM
Anyone else think it's weird that nobody seems to balk at the notion that the 4th gets to spend eternity in the Death God's stomach?

Well at least he is in good company. The third Sarlaac'd the 1st, 2nd and himself. Basically every Hokage except the 5th, who is still alive, has been Sarlacc'd. Sarlacc has good taste. Look out, 5th!

Kraco
Sun, 02-12-2012, 06:10 AM
To be honest, Death God doesn't look tough enough to keep them all in store, especially if half of Kyuubi is in the mix as well. They must be flowing straight to their afterlife, despite having died using the seal.

gos27
Wed, 02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Great episode, the animation when Kyuubi started to attack the village was cool. The fight between Minato and Madara was sick, his "Level 2 Hiraishin" was unreal, class move!

Parkalash
Wed, 02-15-2012, 05:44 PM
This Episode get's me hopeing for a new Naruto Soundtrack. The song that started playing after minato hit Madara/Tobi with rasengan.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 02-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Wow...I actually teared up at all this. This series has its moments.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Wow...I actually teared up at all this. This series has its moments.

Yah. Sasuke's mum is hot, but Naruto's mum rocks.

I was waiting for Naruto to mention Sakura when he was reflecting on how he's been carrying out his mum's last(?) words. He likes the same type of girl as his dad, and is just as stalkerish/persistent!

Madara's body keeps reminding me of a powerful Zetsu-clone with all the white goo and all.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Madara's body keeps reminding me of a powerful Zetsu-clone with all the white goo and all.This...actually makes a lot of sense. They even have, like, the same hair style.

I wouldn't be surprised if Madara is just his spirit inside a Zetsu clone.