PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 655

Marik
Wed, 02-01-2012, 07:46 AM
[MangaStream] One Piece c.655: SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/erae0u) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?ivfq1dvp46euogv) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/59626333/1)

Kensee
Wed, 02-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Smoker definitely got his promotion, hope he gets to fight one of the strawhats this arc.

As soon as I read the end of this chapter I kept thinking Skyrim. I need to lay off that game, its starting to influence how I look at everything else.

Archangel
Wed, 02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Of course Dragons exist, Ryuma (the Samurai in Thriller Bark) was renowned for having killed one.

Might be Zoro's turn, assuming an evil one shows up.

rockmanj
Wed, 02-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Is robin really wearing high heels? She must be a masochist of some sort.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 02-01-2012, 11:45 AM
anyone recognizes the 3rd (center) emblem in the warning sign? maybe one of the four empires?
it looks like a helmet of some sort, maybe even a guard's helmet...

"I used to be a pirate, just like you..."

Carnage
Wed, 02-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Looks kind of like Oz, maybe thats why the skull was larger than a giant's.

Tofu #2
Wed, 02-01-2012, 01:02 PM
isnt ryuma from the samurai country?

Assertn
Wed, 02-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Oh but wait, Luffy already knew dragons existed because of the filler arc involving dragons herp derp.

Carnage
Wed, 02-01-2012, 02:44 PM
As I thought, having so many crew members is ridiculous. These chapters are becoming more a mesh of random panels of crewmates joking around with eachother rather than coherent developments coming from each.

Assertn
Wed, 02-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Just treat it like pokemon, bro. Luffy, Usopp, Zoro, Robin, I choose you!

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Nah Luffy would be the Master and he chooses 3.

UChessmaster
Wed, 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM
As I thought, having so many crew members is ridiculous. These chapters are becoming more a mesh of random panels of crewmates joking around with eachother rather than coherent developments coming from each.

OP has been like this since chapter 1.

dragonrage
Wed, 02-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Don't really see the problem, if smoker is on his way and attacks someone has to be there to defend the ship besides, it isn't really smart to leave a ship anchored alone at sea nor is everyone needed on an expedition like this. Interesting turn of events, at first I thought this might have been the island where Aokiji and Sakazuki fought but since the incident on the island (Punk Hazard) happened four years ago, that couldn't possibly be it.

edit: Clarification

Carnage
Wed, 02-01-2012, 06:54 PM
OP has been like this since chapter 1.

No, its been a part of the series since chapter 1. Now every chapter is composed mostly of this, and with 9 characters to get around to it gets old.

Assertn
Wed, 02-01-2012, 07:00 PM
What exactly would be a coherent development that's missing from the crewmates?

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Its only been 2 years since they fought. Though that would make perfect sense. Though this does seem like the island the Skypiea crew landed on after Marineford.

Assertn
Wed, 02-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Its only been 2 years since they fought. Though that would make perfect sense. Though this does seem like the island the Skypiea crew landed on after Marineford.

No, I'm thinking the island the Skypia crew landed on was the one Smoker expected Luffy to go to.

Carnage
Wed, 02-01-2012, 10:21 PM
What exactly would be a coherent development that's missing from the crewmates?

I meant development of the plot of each chapter. Before it would be like a joke every page or two; now every panel is filled with like 3 characters talking to eachother in the background its muddled and annoying.

dragonrage
Wed, 02-01-2012, 10:52 PM
I agree with you, it does feel like it's a bit over saturated. But remember there hasn't been any significant progress since they split up two years ago and Fisherman Island didn't really help all that much. Franky does seem to be a bit to forced, but that could go away at anytime. I think it will get much better as everyone progress in there own way. Maybe the author is a little overzealous trying to showcase everyone at once. It could also be it's more geared towards the anime now since all those comments will happen in mere seconds. Still hold a lot of possibilities anyway you look at it.

Tofu #2
Wed, 02-01-2012, 11:09 PM
what skypeia crew?

Assertn
Thu, 02-02-2012, 12:38 AM
The only character that I feel is still fairly forced into the mix is Brooke. He's really got like just 3 shticks that he uses over and over throughout the series.

@Tofu #2: That really strong supernova guy with the wings.

Edit: By the way, I forgot to ask. Since when did the strawhats have a baby den den mushi?

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 02-02-2012, 04:31 AM
what skypeia crew?

I'm trying to look for it. Its the Monk Pirates. A bunch of the Supernovas headed to the new world ASAP and he went to the lightning island. A picture reminded me of that place. I dont know, its what popped into my head when I first saw this island.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Urouge

chambers
Thu, 02-02-2012, 01:34 PM
the island is obviously an experiment from vega punk gone wrong

dragonrage
Thu, 02-02-2012, 03:34 PM
That's very possible, and it fits well. If that's the case the Dragon could be a mythical awaken zoan type that was experimented on as well.

toonice714
Fri, 02-03-2012, 12:13 PM
This definitely must've been the site for Aokiji and Sakazuki's battle. The guy on the den den mushi did say it was really cold in one portion of the island. They also did say that the island was remote. What could be more far off than an island that isnt even supposed to be on the WG's scope of islands than somewhere they aren't allowed to be for a simple fight? I bet they just werent betting on the battle taking days to finish.
I have a feeling that Zoro is going to potentially fight a large majority of the battles in these upcoming arcs. With the presence of this samurai nation and the heavy amount of sword wielding pirates, i think zoro will gain fame very quickly towards his dream.
That last emblem cant be the yonkou or revolutionaries. I think that last emblem might represent the shichibukai. When they glanced at the warning sign it did have all WG affiliations. If it was revolutionary then robin would have noticed it. The yonkou are just 4 unbelievably strong pirates who aren't united so it cant be their seal either.
Random prediction: I bet Aokiji shows up next chapter to help w/the dragon. I have this suspicion that not only is he still on this island but that this dragon isnt really an enemy.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 02-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Man people are bitching about straw hat antics. Feels like just yesterday everyone was bitching about the core crew being split up for such a long period of time. I do understand the lack of patience seeing how after the lousy fishman island arc kind of want to see the straw hats encounter some new world heavy hitters. But then again some of the best arcs have started off pretty boring. One of my favorites the Shabody Archipeligo started off pretty weak with camie and the flying fish riders, but then went into awesome thanks to appearance of Reileigh and the super novas.