PDA

View Full Version : Playstation3 Move

Animeniax
Sun, 01-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Does anyone game with the PS3 Move? I want to get Heavy Rain and Infamous 2 to play with the Move but for some reason I'm getting the feeling the move support isn't worth it and not widely adopted.

For one, I can't seem to find the Playstation Eye for sale online at major shops like Amazon and Gamestop. Maybe it's because it's just after Christmas and they were all sold out?

Does anyone have experience with these games played with Move controllers?

Marik
Sun, 01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Why are you trying to get an Eye by itself? It better to get a bundle with the Move and Eye together. The Move controller is $50 alone and the Eye is $40 alone. Amazon is selling the Deadmund's Quest bundle (Deadmund's Quest, Sports Champions, Move, and Eye) for $79.99. ($20 off)

http://www.amazon.com/Deadmunds-Quest-Move-Bundle-Playstation-3/dp/B005T5OCAK/ref=br_lf_m_1000732951_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1341434022&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000732951&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YMAWRQEV654SPCFD427

Animeniax
Sun, 01-08-2012, 05:22 PM
To start, that bundle is out of stock and doesn't include the navi controller, and I don't really have any interest in Deadmund's Quest or the sports game. I priced the 3 components at $75 on Amazon except they ran out of stock on the main controller and you have to order the Eye from some 3rd company and pay $10 shipping. Now it's closer to $80-90 for all 3.

I might get the Little Big Planet 2 bundle with all 3 components, but I don't really care about LBP2:
http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-Special-Move-Bundle-Playstation-3 (http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-Special-Move-Bundle-Playstation-3/dp/B005JQWEXQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1326061383&sr=1-1)

Marik
Sun, 01-08-2012, 05:31 PM
If you want the Navi then get the Mayhem Bundle (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+-+PlayStation+Move+Mayhem+Bundle+for+PlayStation+3/3991358.p?id=1218444836601&skuId=3991358) at Best Buy for $99.99. You get all 3 of those + the Sharp Shooter + 2 games.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh man, you rule! I just placed the order. Been meaning to play KZ3 and Resistance3 but I don't like shooters on consoles. With the sharpshooter, I should be able to enjoy them.

But it still remains to be seen, is the Move worth it? Does it make games like Heavy Rain and Infamous 2 more enjoyable? Do you have Move, Marik?

Marik
Sun, 01-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Yes, I have Move. I bought it mainly for Light Gun type games. House of the Dead: Overkill, The Shoot, and Time Crisis: Razing Storm. It works well for those kind of games. I don't use the Sharp Shooter, though. I use the Shooting Attachment. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PlayStation+Move+Shooting+Attachment+for+PlayStat ion+3/1122202.p?id=1218223234185&skuId=1122202&st=shooting atatchment&cp=1&lp=1) I got it for $7.99 at GameStop.

Also, House of the Dead 3 and 4 are coming to PSN. (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/05/house-of-the-dead-3-and-4-becoming-psn-neighbors) I love those kind of games, so Move was worth the $58 I paid.

I don't know how well it works for the two games you mentioned. I bought the Director's Cut of Heavy Rain for $14.99 on Black Friday, but I haven't played it yet.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I pulled the trigger on the sharpshooter bundle and Heavy Rain DC. I plan to paint the sharpshooter black.

Psyke
Mon, 01-09-2012, 05:42 AM
I have 2 move controllers, 1 nav controller and the sharpshooter. Haven't used them in ages. :p

Animeniax
Mon, 01-09-2012, 06:56 AM
I have 2 move controllers, 1 nav controller and the sharpshooter. Haven't used them in ages. :p

Did you buy them for specific games, Psyke? Have you played Heavy Rain or Infamous 2 with Move? Might be time to pick them up again :cool:.

Psyke
Mon, 01-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Nope. I have Sports Champions which is decent I guess, and KZ3. It's not easy getting used to the sharpshooter, but it's pretty interesting. For a while.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I haven't got any of the Move stuff, but I'd think I'd enjoy the pistol more so than the MP5 device. It just seems so much easier to use instead of rotating your hips and everything.

Animeniax
Mon, 01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Best Buy now has the mayhem bundle for $89.99!!! Go Go Go! I think I've seen someone buy these from BB and then sell then online for $160.

I ordered it for $99.99 yesterday, they gave me a $10 refund on the price when I picked it up since it's now $89.99.

Psyke
Tue, 01-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I sprayed my sharpshooter black by the way.

Animeniax
Tue, 01-10-2012, 09:18 AM
That looks awesome! If doesn't look like you covered anything up with tape, or did you disassemble it before painting? Did you have any problems with buttons sticking?

Animeniax
Wed, 01-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Started playing Heavy Rain with the move controllers... definitely a different experience than the standard wireless controller. Still getting used to them so they feel more natural and less deliberate so I can enjoy the game itself.

The sharpshooter feels too light. I want to open it up and add some weight internally. Also want to improve the grip with a real grip mod.

Psyke
Wed, 01-11-2012, 08:00 AM
I originally taped up the orange parts of the sharpshooter, but in the end I figured it looked cooler with everything black so I resprayed it. As for the weight, it's much much lighter than an actual rifle, but in the game you have to use it to look around so it's not practical to have it too heavy. In fact, my arms were rather tired after playing the game for a while.

UChessmaster
Wed, 01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Started playing Heavy Rain with the move controllers... definitely a different experience than the standard wireless controller. Still getting used to them so they feel more natural and less deliberate so I can enjoy the game itself.

The sharpshooter feels too light. I want to open it up and add some weight internally. Also want to improve the grip with a real grip mod.

Have you played Heavy Rain with the regular controller?

Animeniax
Wed, 01-11-2012, 04:16 PM
I originally taped up the orange parts of the sharpshooter, but in the end I figured it looked cooler with everything black so I resprayed it. As for the weight, it's much much lighter than an actual rifle, but in the game you have to use it to look around so it's not practical to have it too heavy. In fact, my arms were rather tired after playing the game for a while.Did you have to tape up the openings/crevices to keep buttons from sticking from the paint?

Have you played Heavy Rain with the regular controller?
No, first time with both the Move and the game. I wonder if I'd actually enjoy the game more without playing it while trying to learn the Move moves.

Psyke
Sat, 01-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Did you have to tape up the openings/crevices to keep buttons from sticking from the paint?

I did initially but it was hard making the tape perfect so I took it out halfway and it was still good.

Marik
Sun, 02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
The Mayhem Bundle (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+-+PlayStation+Move+Mayhem+Bundle+for+PlayStation+3/3991358.p?id=1218444836601&skuId=3991358) dropped down to $59.99 at BestBuy.com. You may be able to get another $30 back, Animeniax.

Animeniax
Sun, 02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
The Mayhem Bundle (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+-+PlayStation+Move+Mayhem+Bundle+for+PlayStation+3/3991358.p?id=1218444836601&skuId=3991358) dropped down to $59.99 at BestBuy.com. You may be able to get another $30 back, Animeniax.

What the crap, are you trying to save me more money or something, Marik??? Thanks again for the heads up, I will be visiting a Best Buy since it's been less than 30 days since I made the purchase. Hopefully they'll price match and I can get the $30. You rule man!

edit: Just made the call since it was an online order, got my $32.48 back to paypal. Just that easy. I love these forums.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-06-2012, 08:17 AM
What the crap, are you trying to save me more money or something, Marik??? Thanks again for the heads up, I will be visiting a Best Buy since it's been less than 30 days since I made the purchase. Hopefully they'll price match and I can get the $30. You rule man!

edit: Just made the call since it was an online order, got my $32.48 back to paypal. Just that easy. I love these forums.

That's good for you Ani, but I think the allowing of this type of price-matching is pretty BS.

Animeniax
Mon, 02-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Why? Technology changes so much and it's the worst feeling paying for something only to see it drop in price just days or weeks later. This discourages people from buying, opting to wait instead for lower prices. This hurts the economy and businesses, so it's better to have guarantees to protect consumers to encourage them to buy. That's how it works in America anyway.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Why? Because it sounds like second dips to me. You decide on a transaction and go through with it. If the transaction didn't go according to terms (eg, the cheque was bounced, or the merchandise wasn't as described) then retracing it sounds reasonable.

Returning it because you found a better deal elsewhere is like "cheating the system" in that it's not equal. If the seller could decide in 30 days to withdraw your product after they sold it to you, then it would be equal.

Animeniax
Mon, 02-06-2012, 05:38 PM
I think you have the idea of consumerism and capitalism all wrong. The customer is always right.

The price matching isn't indefinite, only for 30 days after purchase. With the speed of technological change, it's only fair.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-12-2012, 02:10 AM
I think you have the idea of consumerism and capitalism all wrong. The customer is always right.

You're right in that I don't agree with the "The customer is always right." mentality - at least when the sentence is taken very literally.

I watched this Disney episode when I was small about how a bellboy Donald Duck copped so much shit because he had to conform to this ideology.

Animeniax
Sun, 02-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Actually I don't agree with it either, but in business, without customers you won't have a business. Like I said, a price protection guarantee encourages consumerism, especially in these tough economic times.

As for the PS3 Move, I suspect that the price drop will coincide with an announcement that something new is coming out to replace the Move, or that future game support for the Move will end.