Sun, 01-08-2012, 11:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/N3aqX.jpg

Alternative Title: ハイスクールD×D

Type: TV
Episodes: 25
Source: Visual Novel
Producers: Genco, Lantis, TNK, AT-X
Genres: Comedy, Demons, Ecchi, Romance, School

Synopsis: Issei Hyodo is a second year high school student who has got an enormous sexual addiction and very lascivious behavior. He lives a peaceful life until he is called for a date with a girl named Yuuma. At the conclusion of the date, Hyodo is brought to a local park and Yuuma asks him if he wants to know what her wish is. Under the impression of recieving a kiss from the girl, Hyodo is shocked when Yuuma whispers the words "Can you die for me?" and transforms into a fallen angel. Hyodo is brutally attacked and killed by Yuuma. Hyodo wakes up the next morning believing the events that occured were all just a dream. Immediately afterwards, he notices Rias Gremory (a fourth year student at his high school) naked in his room. Rias reveals her identity as a devil to Hyodo and claims that she has reincarnated Hyodo as a devil that serves as an underling to her and the Gremory devil family.

Resources: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13558) | AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8660) | MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/anime/11617/Highschool_DxD)

---

Hiryuu - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=274699)

I could have done without the fanservice, but lets see how this goes.

I'm surprised marik didn't start the thread himself considering the amount of tits involved.

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-08-2012, 12:04 PM
It's a tits show, but it isn't very good. It's like a poor man's Kore wa Zombie Desuka, without the quirky humor, likable characters, and the protagonist comes off exceptionally whiny.

But it's a tits show, possibly the only one this season, so I'm watching it. The evil girl was pretty, hope we see her again.

Kraco
Sun, 01-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Based on the first ep this hasn't got a chance against Daimaou, but like Ryll said, as a boobage show it seemed passable. Unlike the letdown main character, at least the girls seemed more interesting.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 01-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Atleast he is honest in wanting a harem.

Kraco
Sun, 01-08-2012, 03:24 PM
If he kicked ass and was honest about wanting a harem, he could rise higher on my list of jolly male main characters.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 01-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Well let's just see what happens. Ending shows him having a Gauntlet so he might kick ass. Al though that would most likely be in the final battle or so.

Kraco
Sat, 01-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Episode 2 - SubDESU-Katana-subs (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=276334)

- - - - - - ---

While it's unarguably jolly comedy how single-minded and simple-minded Issei is in his perverted fantasies, it overshadows everything else in this show. I can't be bothered to think about the bigger picture at all when I know Issei won't likely be capable of much more than comedy and scripted feeling victories in battle, once he gets to that point. But then again, if that's the whole idea of the show, it's naturally wrong to expect anything else from it. At least the comedy and fanservice so far are good.

Yukimura
Sat, 01-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Two episodes in and so far we haven't had any uptight female characters smacking the main char around for being an unabashed pervert. This is actually looking slightly above average for me since that's my least favorite aspect of the tits and ass and fighting in high school archetype. More redheaded, sophisticated skank clan leader please.

Kraco
Sat, 01-14-2012, 06:52 PM
I can't deny that's a really good characteristic of this show. All those stereotypical girls you'd expect to behave like that are in the background chorus appearing once or twice in an ep and doing nothing concrete.

Idealistic
Sun, 01-29-2012, 08:18 PM
So what's the deal with this show? Where is ep 3?

Animeniac77
Sun, 01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
I'll be honest...i torrented all version of most episodes from most subgroups doing this project (anime)...and either the subs are good but video quality is bad, or video quality is good and subs are bad...haven't seen a subgroup that has both yet Q_Q (yes i know Hiryuu is the best one so far, and they're subs are better then the others tryin to sub this) but i compared the video quality to "Hadena's" and seemed to me Hadena had the better vid quality *sigh*

Yukimura
Mon, 01-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Eps 3 and 4 are out by various groups, search on tokyotosho (http://www.tokyotosho.info/search.php?terms=high+school+dxd&type=1) as I'm too lazy to post links to specific eps.

Nothing particularly smashing happened so far, but the show has been faithfully checking off all the expected boxes and has been an enjoyable pastime. Issei has found out he's got the same situational battle superiority power of every shounen hero ever instead of just being worthless canon fodder, plus his hurts get healed by a hawt demon babe, things are looking fairly up for the guy. It's too bad he had to catch feelings for the nun girl though it's also inevitable given the nature of the show. Nothing but strife and angst will come of his affections for her but that's all part of the fun of this particular roller coaster ride so we may as well hang on and enjoy it for what it is.

Kraco
Mon, 01-30-2012, 02:47 AM
Yeah. This certainly has been faithfully following the shounen textbook. Fortunately the better routes through it, though, and not the emo main character route. I find this enjoyable despite the fact nothing has surprised me thus far. I don't even consider falling for the nun to be too bad. He had a dream of having a harem, so it's given he needs to get on good term with girls. The desire to save the girl also gave him the motivation to get stronger, which fixed the initial weak main character flaw - in a typical shounen manner, once again.

It's a very sad state of affairs a titties show feels refreshing due to not having celestial beams of light or unexpected steam censoring everything.

Archangel
Mon, 01-30-2012, 07:26 AM
What bothers me is that, apparently, the novels have all that without being nearly as trashy.

Animeniac77
Mon, 01-30-2012, 06:20 PM
this somewhat reminds me of Queen's Blade -.- or Seikon no Qwaser...just slightly less Ecchi

which subgroup do you guys DDL/Torrent from?

-Hiryuu
-Shikkaku
-AFFTW-Hatsuyuki
-SubDESU
-Hadena (lol?)
-NicoNico

^ if anyone has "actually" dl'd all to make an honest "opinion" which is better overall? (subs+vid quality)

Kraco
Mon, 01-30-2012, 06:33 PM
SubDESU. They have been readable without glaring errors. Quite honestly, this isn't the kind of show where I'd look for amazing quality in either the fansubs or the anime itself. You are only supposed to look for the boobs anyway...

Animeniac77
Mon, 01-30-2012, 09:20 PM
it's based off a Light Novel, hence the story is there, and it's developing quite well lulz, how's subDESU's video quality though? compared it to hiryuu's yet?

Idealistic
Mon, 01-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Ahh didn't know about tokyo... I've only been using nyaa.

Animeniac77
Tue, 01-31-2012, 01:40 AM
I would still like to know what Subgroup you guys use, and wether or not you are satisfied with them, or which subgroup is the way to go (which group for "Archiving?")

Kraco
Tue, 01-31-2012, 03:48 AM
how's subDESU's video quality though? compared it to hiryuu's yet?

Sorry, but I have only watched the show from SubDESU, so I can't compare it to others. The video has good colours, the sharpness isn't what you'd get from BDs but looks pretty standard aired clarity to me. File sizes aren't humongous, so at least I'm not "paying" for any quality that wouldn't be there in any case, in aired eps.

Based on ji-hi's fansub comparison (http://www.ji-hi.net/wi11/hsdxd/) the video quality is comparable to Hiryuu. However, the translation is better than Hadena's, which barely makes sense based on the shots on the comparison page (certainly I can already see why you'd say Hadena has good video but bad subs).

Animeniac77
Tue, 01-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Sorry, but I have only watched the show from SubDESU, so I can't compare it to others. The video has good colours, the sharpness isn't what you'd get from BDs but looks pretty standard aired clarity to me. File sizes aren't humongous, so at least I'm not "paying" for any quality that wouldn't be there in any case, in aired eps.

Based on ji-hi's fansub comparison (http://www.ji-hi.net/wi11/hsdxd/) the video quality is comparable to Hiryuu. However, the translation is better than Hadena's, which barely makes sense based on the shots on the comparison page (certainly I can already see why you'd say Hadena has good video but bad subs).

*tears of joy* finally...someone who too does research T_T *hugglez Kraco* but yeah i've only been getting Hiryuu subs (all 4 episodes of it) as i cannot find someone with at least slightly better video quality but up the quality of the subs as well, i still i rather have better subs then vid. quality since the story is what actually matters to me and wouldn't want unintended misinterpretations, on that note, if there was only a way for a subgroup to take some raws from wherever Hadena seems to be taking them from (maybe the do all the sharping themselves?)

Kraco
Tue, 01-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Why don't you take Hadena's video (or the best raw) and Hiryuu's subs? Remuxing the better subtitle file in and the worse out and adding any fonts (plus making a small systematic timing adjustment, if necessary) are the most basic and easily learned of the various skills needed in fansubbing.

I wouldn't say I'd do much research, though. I used to do a bit more, I suppose, but nowadays it seems easy to choose the one to watch and/or archive. Fansubbing has yielded so much room to crunchy. Only a few good real fansub groups are left, unlike years ago.

Animeniac77
Tue, 01-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Remuxing Huh?...might have to google how to do that, or youtube it (if any), on that note i agree only a certain few fansub groups are left, and also a few dropping projects here n there due to lack of people, i'd prolly contribute somehow or apply to a subgroup should i gain the skills to do so, hence...it's more research time, not to mention i'd actually have to find sites with the text subs and whatnot, might look up Nyaa or something

Kraco
Tue, 01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
As long as the subs in a release are soft subs (you can turn them on/off), like they usually are in the releases of the real groups, you can steal them right out of an episode. No need to look for them separately unless bandwidth is an issue for you.

But yeah, though it's nothing complicated, you still need to study a bit, then just trial and error.

Idealistic
Wed, 02-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Well no wonder I couldn't find the shows on nyaa.... I typed highschool dxd instead of high school dxd.

Idealistic
Mon, 03-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I declare this to be one of the top shows of the season.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
I declare this to be one of the top shows of the season.

I'm almost compelled to agree with you. Although this season has been great on the community with really awesome shows like Mirai Nikki and Another... I did like Guilty Crown although I know a lot of people have been coming down hard on it due to some major flaws. All in all I think it had good intentions.

But this series was really easy to come into, and the character galary was actually a lot of fun, as some mentioned none of the stereotype "aaa, sukebe!!!" girls in there, which was a bliss. I just hope the make a second season! More boin boin ^^

Archangel
Mon, 03-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Issei confirmed for alpha as fuck.

This show is just the right amount of cheesy, will eagerly hope for a possible second season.

Kraco
Tue, 03-27-2012, 01:55 AM
I almost dropped this show when Issei kept failing at everything but the few decisive fights; that's such a cheap plot device. I was told the show got considerably better again towards the end, and indeed it did. I'm glad I finished it.

The dude developed a real killer secret move. He should try again to make a familiar out of the clothes dissolving slime. It would be fitting.

DDBen
Tue, 03-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Honestly this deserves a second season and while at time I think the fan service was well over the line. I'm glad they at least bothered to have a actual plot and character development in what at first glace could easily have just been another RosarioXVampire.

I for one think this is definitely one of the best shows from this season if you can get past the absurd amounts of random and plot related nudity.

KrayZ33
Thu, 04-05-2012, 04:34 PM
wow, can't believe how good this show got.
the first 2 episodes were 'meh' at best, but it got better and better.

I for one think this is definitely one of the best shows from this season if you can get past the absurd amounts of random and plot related nudity.

I agree
on a sidenote, after seeing his sacred gear, I was waiting for him to be engulfed by some kind of Dragon Armor... and guess what happened, such a stylish piece of armor he got there, I'm waiting for some awesome fanarts to pop up sometime.

how well did the show in japan? is a second season possible, or did it get poor ratings.

Archangel
Thu, 04-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Who cares about ratings? The blurays sold ok so it's totally possible.

KrayZ33
Thu, 04-05-2012, 06:26 PM
The blurays sold ok

thats what I meant to ask

Marik
Wed, 09-05-2012, 07:41 AM
High School DxD TV Anime Gets 2nd Season (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-05/high-school-dxd-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season)

Archangel
Wed, 09-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Fuck yeah~

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Awwwww yeah. Day just got better.

glitch
Wed, 09-05-2012, 01:43 PM
The tagline from the Blu-ray's promotional video reads, "Let's go!! Boobs!!"
:o
Anyone care to speculate when we can expect the 2nd season to air?

Archangel
Wed, 09-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Eventually.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 09-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Most likely the next season, the season after that, the season after the season after that, or the season after the season after the season after that.

I may be wrong though.

infoleather
Tue, 09-18-2012, 01:52 AM
For me is actually slightly higher than the average, because this is my least favorite aspects of tits and ass and fighting in high school prototype. While cwmalls aim to offer you a broad range of fashion White Pointed Toe Stilettos (http://www.cwmalls.com/women-s-classics-embossed-leather-white-pointed-toe-stilettos-shoes-cw284087), we also recognize the importance of a good fit from cwmalls.com Since you will be wearing your Point Toe High Heels Women (http://www.cwmalls.com/women-s-leather-bow-front-point-toe-high-heels-shoes-cw280483) nearly all the time they need to fit perfectly.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 10-21-2017, 06:57 PM
Incoming Oppai!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-10-21/high-school-dxd-hero-anime-promo-video-streamed/.123018

I'm looking forward to a 4th season. :)
Geeze, 2012 the last time this was commented on, wow....

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 10-22-2017, 03:10 PM
Quite looking forward to it actually. Dunno why they had to chance designs of the face but hey. Not complaining that we're getting another arc.

Kraco
Sun, 10-22-2017, 04:20 PM
Yeah, gotta see if Rossweisse has finally found a husband.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 10-22-2017, 04:37 PM
That's gonna be Issei. Has to be.

Kraco
Sun, 10-22-2017, 05:03 PM
I doubt Issei is going to marry anyone, being unable to choose like all harem MCs. Rossweisse, I seem to recall, really wanted a hubby, though.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 10-27-2017, 03:45 PM
Issei would be so proud of this

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/this-annual-contest-picks-the-most-beautiful-boobs-in-all-of-japan/

Munsu
Thu, 04-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Should I go ahead and watch this series, and then get into the new one? Seems like it may be at least somewhat entertaining.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 04-19-2018, 05:48 PM
Yeah, it's surprisingly good. At least I like to think so. Sure there's heavy amounts of fanservice but it's quite entertaining.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 04-19-2018, 06:36 PM
You don't understand the power of BOOBS or the IMPORTANCE of BOOBS until you watch this series.

Munsu
Tue, 04-24-2018, 11:19 AM
So, I've watched most of the first season... and I don't know how the heck they air this show on TV, 90% of it must be censored.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 05-23-2018, 06:44 PM
Ahh it's so ..so stupid but I love it.