PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 648

Marik
Wed, 11-30-2011, 10:41 AM
[MangaZone] One Piece c.648: Online Viewing (http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/648)

[MangaStream & Binktopia] One Piece c.648: Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/99312992/1)

Carnage
Wed, 11-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Of course, nobody dies in One Piece.

Assertn
Wed, 11-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Big deal. One piece isn't the kind of series that needs that, anyway.

I totally called it on Noah being one of the void era ships.
And we all saw Jimbe joining the crew.
Wonder how far Caribou is going to get, though.

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-30-2011, 01:05 PM

Ace died...

rockmanj
Wed, 11-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Big deal. One piece isn't the kind of series that needs that, anyway.

And we all saw Jimbe joining the crew.

There were some doubters...

Carnage
Wed, 11-30-2011, 03:28 PM
I had been hoping the series would take a darker turn for the New World, and it really seemed as if Vander Decken had died.

And yes, Ace and Whitebeard did die, but they were about the only two important characters I can recall that have died outside flashbacks. This has never bothered me before, but given the opportunity to steer the series with a more serious tone I thought Oda might change up his style a bit. I mean it has been over 10 years.

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Why fix what`s not broken?

Archangel
Wed, 11-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Fuck yearh, Jimbei is a straw hat!

This chapter was awesome, my sole complain is how these parallels between Roger and Luffy ( general attitude, hat, hearing the voice of all things ) are becoming increasingly forced and somewhat annoying.

Assertn
Wed, 11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Didn't luffy talk to the dragons in that shitty filler arc? Damn, those writers knew something about him that nobody else did!

dragonrage
Wed, 11-30-2011, 08:51 PM
I am skeptical about Jimbie being a Straw Hat Pirate. The only thing I can see him really being useful for is his knowledge of the new world and well the fact that he is a fisherman adding diversity to the crew. Still don't think it is worth it though, he has already had his hay day and there is very little more he can grow.

And yes they have been hinting at the many similarities between Luffy and Gold D Roger since the beginning of the damn story, from the Hat (a few incidents in between) the doctor at the beginning of the grand line and many others. Only an idiot would think it's forced.

Carnage
Wed, 11-30-2011, 10:08 PM
I also dont think Jimbe will join, aside from Brook so far every crew member has a signifcant role on the ship. And even Brook is musician, of which Luffy needs. It would be kind of stupid to have him there just to serve as a lifejacket for the devil fruit users. I would be surprised if Jimbe doesnt come up with some excuse to stay home on fishman island and help rebuild it.

Archangel
Wed, 11-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Has anyone ever refused Luffy yet?

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 11-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Wasn't there mention of wanting 10 people from the start?

Carnage
Wed, 11-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Has anyone ever refused Luffy yet?

Vivi? He asked some zombies on Thriller Bark, although it wasnt serious. There were others too, I can't remember who, although not quite as serious as Vivi. Again Im saying for joining the ship, not just being a nakama.

Edit: He actually asked Ace at one point as well.

kyubisrage
Wed, 11-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Don't think it would have served a purpose for anyone dying in a arc like this considering the enemy wasn't all that powerful and the only thing that fucked luffy was a giant ass ship.

Assertn
Wed, 11-30-2011, 11:45 PM
A fishman pretty much fills the only remaining niche that the strawhat crew is missing. Why not an ex-schichibukai while we're at it?

Besides, Jimbei does have a reason to keep going with the strawhats. If it wasn't for his promise to Ace, Jimbei would've just sacrificed himself a long time ago.

dragonrage
Thu, 12-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Assertnfailure, you have a point but I don't think joining the crew is the only solution to his promise, time will tell. Personally, him joining the crew will make it a bit boring, but who knows, it all depends on how Oda spins it.

Also is weakahoshi going to set sail on the giant ship and become a Pirate Queen(not anytime soon, maybe). It seems that the Giant Sea Kings are heading to the grave yard for repairs, are the Strawhat pirates going to be on fisherman island until the Giant ship has been repaired (by Franky and the other Guy). When is Fisherman island going to be destroyed, or is this the extent of the prophecy?

Tofu #2
Thu, 12-01-2011, 12:47 AM
I totally called it on Noah being one of the void era ships.

where did you get that?

rockmanj
Thu, 12-01-2011, 01:44 AM
where did you get that?

It isn't much of a stretch. I think Jinbei fits in well; and it shows that humans and fishmen can coexist, which I think would be important for Jinbei to prove.

Assertn
Thu, 12-01-2011, 02:22 AM
I read "The power that can destroy the world" and immediately thought pluton (or other such ship), but I suppose the fish king dude could have meant Shirahoshi's ability to control seakings, since he said "at last, it's awakened."

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 12-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Ughhhh hard to say if jimbei is going to join them. I mean a while back didn't they release some collectors coins in japan with all the strawhats and jimbei as well? Pointing heavily that if the marketers and licensees know that Jimbei is going to be part of the core crew maybe it's something oda's intended for a while.

He could do the whole ohhh jimbei's dream is to promote tolerance for fishman across all of the seas. Other then that I can't think of any good reason why he'd leave fishman island behind. Especially in wake of the recent civil war seems like there's even less reason for him to leave. He has about as many reasons as Vivi did to stay behind.

Although if he does join he'd probably be the most powerful new recruit. Might even shake things up in terms of the Monster Trio Hierarchy cutting sanji out of it.

Tofu #2
Sat, 12-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Ughhhh hard to say if jimbei is going to join them. I mean a while back didn't they release some collectors coins in japan with all the strawhats and jimbei as well? Pointing heavily that if the marketers and licensees know that Jimbei is going to be part of the core crew maybe it's something oda's intended for a while.

He could do the whole ohhh jimbei's dream is to promote tolerance for fishman across all of the seas. Other then that I can't think of any good reason why he'd leave fishman island behind. Especially in wake of the recent civil war seems like there's even less reason for him to leave. He has about as many reasons as Vivi did to stay behind.

Although if he does join he'd probably be the most powerful new recruit. Might even shake things up in terms of the Monster Trio Hierarchy cutting sanji out of it.

yea I can see him even taking zoro out, which is why I can't see him joining

really curious about roger's ability to "hear the voice of all things" now

Assertn
Sat, 12-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Why can't a new recruit be stronger than Sanji/Zoro? When Nico Robin joined, she had the second highest bounty of the group, and could probably fare quite well against Sanji and Zoro, at that time, anyway.

Tofu #2
Sat, 12-03-2011, 10:04 PM
yes but bounty doesn't equal strength, and her devil fruit is a little tricky to put in terms of how strong she is

just doesn't seem to right to change the monster trio