PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Ideas?

Deadlift
Wed, 11-16-2011, 06:47 PM
So I was thinking of getting my family crest as a tattoo, but can't decide where on my body to get it done, looking for any suggestions, or even opinions on the matter.

- also does anyone else have any ink?

- or does anyone have any cool tattoo ideas, maybe even anime oriented?

here's a pic of my family crest

Xelbair
Wed, 11-16-2011, 07:21 PM
make a command seal tattoo on top of your hand. pure awesomeness.
That crest would look best on shoulder imho.

Sapphire
Wed, 11-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Yuki convinced me out of getting a tattoo because he said my tastes might change in five years. I offer you the same advice.

Deadlift
Wed, 11-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Yuki convinced me out of getting a tattoo because he said my tastes might change in five years. I offer you the same advice.

I had considered that but I figured my family crest was a safe bet because it's part of my identity that will never change, though when I consider how it will look when im a wrinkly old man yuki's advice does seem convincing

Animeniax
Wed, 11-16-2011, 10:10 PM
You should get this tattoo'd on your back:

Deadlift
Wed, 11-16-2011, 10:22 PM
You should get this tattoo'd on your back:

aha I could never get any tattoo with a vertical dagger on it, reminds me way to much of Brock Lesnar's dagger tattoo, which incidentally looks like a giant wang on his chest :p

Animeniax
Wed, 11-16-2011, 10:36 PM
aha I could never get any tattoo with a vertical dagger on it, reminds me way to much of Brock Lesnar's dagger tattoo, which incidentally looks like a giant wang on his chest :p

The guns and skull will reduce the phallic distress.

Personally I don't like tattoos. They seem like such a superficial way to "enhance" oneself. We discussed before how women in particular get tattoos to make themselves stand out or appear more interesting. I think if you wanted to enhance yourself in a meaningful permanent way, you'd learn a second language or some skill.

Deadlift
Wed, 11-16-2011, 11:26 PM
The guns and skull will reduce the phallic distress.

Personally I don't like tattoos. They seem like such a superficial way to "enhance" oneself. We discussed before how women in particular get tattoos to make themselves stand out or appear more interesting. I think if you wanted to enhance yourself in a meaningful permanent way, you'd learn a second language or some skill.

I hadn't actually thought of it like that, but now considering it, I see what you mean by "enhancement" I have a lot of female friends who have gratuitous flower tattoo's or things of that nature for the sake of aesthetics. Though the original intent of my tattoo was more of a memorial to the pride I have in my family and heritage, that being said your advice to learn another language effectually could achieve the same results (my German isn't as good as it could be :p). thanks for the advice

Archangel
Thu, 11-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Here's a tip, don't have it anywhere where you can't hide it away with clothing so you don't hurt your chances in the job market.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 11-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Deadlift, I'm starting to think you're incredibly white-bread. are you?

anyway, Don't get a tattoo.there's nothing that you like now that you won't think is stupid five years from now.

your family crest might look good if you print in on a shirt, as part of a spiderweb or something.

Deadlift
Thu, 11-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Deadlift, I'm starting to think you're incredibly white-bread. are you?

anyway, Don't get a tattoo.there's nothing that you like now that you won't think is stupid five years from now.

your family crest might look good if you print in on a shirt, as part of a spiderweb or something.

yes im "white-bread" ? I'm first generation Canadian and my family is all German.

Sapphire
Thu, 11-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Just don't get publicly naked in Japan if you get a tattoo.

Deadlift
Thu, 11-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Just don't get publicly naked in Japan if you get a tattoo.

Damn public nudity is the best part of my day .. :p I thought it was only the bath-houses that didn't allow tattoo's?

Sapphire
Thu, 11-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Tattoos are linked with yakuza in them there parts.

Which makes me wonder about that 日本人 I know covered in sexy tats...

You will most likely not be seen as a "normal" gentlemen by the conservative population, (well maybe it's different for 外国人...)

Deadlift
Thu, 11-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Tattoos are linked with yakuza in them there parts.

Which makes me wonder about that 日本人 I know covered in sexy tats...

You will most likely not be seen as a "normal" gentlemen by the conservative population, (well maybe it's different for 外国人...)

I'll already be considered 外国人 I'm 6 feet tall and white I'll definitely stick out. That being said I think if I do end up getting the tattoo I would follow Archangel's advice and get it somewhere I can conceal it easily.

Oh and thanks everyone for the advice, it's nice to get an objective opinion. :)

Sapphire
Thu, 11-17-2011, 12:33 PM
A Japanese guy in my class who's already been in America for like five years told a horror story about a girl he worked with who had a tattoo on her shoulder.

Yeah, that was the scary part. She had a tattoo on her shoulder.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-17-2011, 12:37 PM

Pretty much "What kind of decent person would get a tattoo?" mentality.

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Here's a tip, don't have it anywhere where you can't hide it away with clothing so you don't hurt your chances in the job market.

This is important.

Think upper or lower back, shoulders, pecs, or upper-arms. If I ever decided to get a tattoo it would be somewhere on my back, so I could conceivably pretend it wasn't there if I ever realized that getting the tattoo was a dumb idea.

Sandldan
Thu, 11-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Got a friend who's getting quite good at tattooing will definitely get one myself at some point. Though I'm not in a hurry, no idea what I would get yet either, would want to consider the picture quite some time before really deciding.

Here's a pretty decent berserk tattoo from a friends friend facebook (stalker confirmed) :)

Archangel
Fri, 11-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Damn that's a skinny arm

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Makes sense with the skinny body.