PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Ep. 097

Marik
Sat, 09-17-2011, 01:06 AM
[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail 97 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=245966) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/Ez4FGrm/[HorribleSubs]%20Fairy%20Tail%20-%2097%20[720p].mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail 97 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=245967) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/ppNbNtD/[HorribleSubs]%20Fairy%20Tail%20-%2097%20[480p].mkv)

Kraco
Sat, 09-17-2011, 05:53 AM
Gajeel didn't need to say a word to make those two goons back off from Levy and give up... How fitting. Levy also didn't seem unhappy to gain the attention of a real asskicker instead of the usual weaklings.

This was a funny episode, even with Juvia distressed over a new "rival".

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Levy x Gajeel :D

I was kinda hoping for Lisanna to appear when Natsu was in the snow. Yeah, I know this isn't that kind of show... but seeing their 'history' together when they were kids... I kinda expected that. She seems to know everything about him... seeing as she explained about Igneel to Lucy (who should have known about it at this point, but seems to remain oblivious)

Kraco
Sat, 09-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Lisanna only knows who Natsu used to be and his background. Lucy knows who Natsu is at the moment, including all of his latest heroics. If she so wanted, she could certainly tell Lisanna a lot.

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Lisanna only knows who Natsu used to be and his background. Lucy knows who Natsu is at the moment, including all of his latest heroics. If she so wanted, she could certainly tell Lisanna a lot.

Well... its only been 6 months since Lucy met Natsu... while probably most of Natsu's big adventures have been as of late... I doubt she may know more than Lisanna. They knew each other since they were kids. Of the 2 years Lisanna has been away, Lucy only has account of the last 6 months.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-17-2011, 12:58 PM
A Chuunin Exam? FUCK YEAH!!

Who the hell is Mest!? Stop introducing new guildmembers dammit!!

Lol, I don't remember ever seeing Natsu's house before.

Kraco
Sat, 09-17-2011, 01:02 PM
I doubt she may know more than Lisanna.

I didn't say she would know more than Lisanna. I merely said there's already an aspect of Natsu Lucy knows and Lisanna doesn't. Don't make a competition out of everything!

Penner
Sat, 09-17-2011, 04:05 PM
What the... Mest has been in Fairy Tail all this time? and he is Mystogans apprentice? and this is the first time we've heard of him -.-

And who the f is the random dude in the forest with a "death aura" that apparently knows Natsu?

Is this filler or was this in the manga?

I was also looking forward to the whole exam when they mentioned it until that chick started going all emo because she's failed 4 times already... i'm hoping she doesn't pass this time either for the sole reason that it would be the most obvious outcome of this whole thing >_>

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Is this filler or was this in the manga?

Not filler. But seriously... stop asking if every little thing is filler =/

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-18-2011, 02:43 PM
And who the f is the random dude in the forest with a "death aura" that apparently knows Natsu?
There's no problem with them introducing new characters man.

The problem is when they talk about someone in the guild and everyone acts like they've just been hanging around in the background the whole time and nobody has ever mentioned them till now.

And then once they've been introduced, they are hanging around CONSTANTLY.

It's like, why the hell was this person invisible up until now?

I was also looking forward to the whole exam when they mentioned it until that chick started going all emo because she's failed 4 times already... i'm hoping she doesn't pass this time either for the sole reason that it would be the most obvious outcome of this whole thing >_>I kinda feel the same way.

Naturally the audience is expected to root for Natsu, cause, FUCK YEAH NATSU!

But if Canna has some long sob story(btw, wtf was with giving Lucy the backstory but not letting the audience hear, Lucy is supposed to be our standin) where it's vital for her to win, it sucks all the fun out of routing for Natsu.

Archangel
Sun, 09-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Holy shit, we're at the S rank test already?

This is still the current arc for the manga... filler hell is inevitable, brace yourselves. That said this arc is awesome and you should enjoy every minute of it anyway.

RyougaZell
Sun, 09-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Holy shit, we're at the S rank test already?

This is still the current arc for the manga... filler hell is inevitable, brace yourselves. That said this arc is awesome and you should enjoy every minute of it anyway.

Dude. You aren't the only one of us reading the manga. Can't you shut up about which current arc we are and leave the anime-only watchers alone already? As it stands already people keep asking about if every damn little things is filler without you coming and saying the manga is near.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Guess this answers my prayers for seeing some more Mirajaine action, more Lisanna, and more Cana.

But if Canna has some long sob story(btw, wtf was with giving Lucy the backstory but not letting the audience hear, Lucy is supposed to be our standin) where it's vital for her to win, it sucks all the fun out of routing for Natsu.

I liked how they witheld the story from us. I'm sure it'll be expressed in tears and such to the audience and the rest of the contestants during their exam. Cana's definitely the one winning. They can't make it out like she needs to win no matter what, then have to fail. Only, say if the guy she needs to meet is dead, will it work out. I guess the Master could come around and say "Everybody Passes!" too, but that's just bullshit.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-19-2011, 10:11 AM
I liked how they witheld the story from us. I'm sure it'll be expressed in tears and such to the audience and the rest of the contestants during their exam. Cana's definitely the one winning. They can't make it out like she needs to win no matter what, then have to fail. Only, say if the guy she needs to meet is dead, will it work out. I guess the Master could come around and say "Everybody Passes!" too, but that's just bullshit.It just doesn't make much sense from, like, a realistic standpoint.

We've seen Lavi and Canna fight before. They're terrible. Or at best, mediocre. Unless they plan on whipping out some serious shit we've never seen before, there's no way either one of them is S-Rank.

Frankly, I thought Juvia and Garjeel were already S-Rank in Phantom Lord. Unless Phantom Lord didn't have those kinds of ranks. If it did, then there were NO S-ranks in Phantom Lord besides Jose himself.

And if that's the case, all of Jose's bitching about "Why are we being surpassed by Fairy Tail!" Um, maybe it's because they have 5 S-Rank wizards and you don't have any?

Archangel
Mon, 09-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Levi does suck when it comes to power but she has other assets (the main one being she's cute and popular). As for Canna, she's not so bad, she just got a raw deal with her opponent in the Laxus arc.

Gajeel and the elemental 4 were S rank mages within their own guild but these aren't universally recognized titles like in naruto, it just means the guild recognizes their ability and allows them to take S rank missions

Basically, Fairy Tail has higher standards than Phantom Lord

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-20-2011, 01:14 AM
Levi does suck when it comes to power but she has other assets (the main one being she's cute and popular).I'm sure those will come in handy when she's on an S-Rank mission with her team of losers and runs into one of Zeref's demons...

Kraco
Tue, 09-20-2011, 01:50 AM
I'm sure those will come in handy when she's on an S-Rank mission with her team of losers and runs into one of Zeref's demons...

Her assets could actually be very beneficial if she drops her old team of losers and starts to take missions with Gajeel. Gajeel seems like a dude who has lots of raw power but not too much brains when fighting opponents and solving other more tricky situations.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-20-2011, 03:40 AM
Basically, Fairy Tail has higher standards than Phantom Lord

Not necessarily. As you explained, each guild sets their own exams. Gajeel wasn't an S-rank in Phantom, and Juvia hadn't been able to take Fairy Tail's S-rank exam until now.

You could say that Phantom had lower standards since all of their Elementals got owned by FT.. but that's also some protagonist-perk at work.

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-20-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm sure those will come in handy when she's on an S-Rank mission with her team of losers and runs into one of Zeref's demons...

If Levi can re-write Freed's runes, as seen on the Laxus arc, she just needs to write a rune owning them all. She's the only reason Natsu and Gajeel managed to fight that day.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-20-2011, 10:10 AM
If Levi can re-write Freed's runes, as seen on the Laxus arc, she just needs to write a rune owning them all. She's the only reason Natsu and Gajeel managed to fight that day.But the point is, without a Natsu or Garjeel there for her to free, she'd have been useless.

She's a support wizard, like Wendy, only unlike Wendy, there's no one on her team that can finish the job with her support.

Her assets could actually be very beneficial if she drops her old team of losers and starts to take missions with Gajeel. Gajeel seems like a dude who has lots of raw power but not too much brains when fighting opponents and solving other more tricky situations.Absolutely. But in that instance, is she really the one enabling the team to take on S-Rank missions, or is Garjeel?

Garjeel and Levi are probably an S-Rank team. The question is, can Levi do S-Rank missions without Garjeel, or can Garjeel do S-Rank missions without Levi.

The latter seems far more likely to me.

Kraco
Tue, 09-20-2011, 03:25 PM
If it's an S-rank mission without much fighting, she might be able to. For example some region pestered by a magical plague that kills everybody, including any mages carelessly approaching. In such a case it would be extremely dangerous and deadly, yet no matter how tough a fighter the mage was, it wouldn't matter. Only brains and certain kind of skills would. I suppose such missions could be rare, and most extremely difficult missions not requiring fighting wouldn't be S-rank at all because trying and failing wouldn't be fatal.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-20-2011, 06:29 PM
I suppose such missions could be rare, and most extremely difficult missions not requiring fighting wouldn't be S-rank at all because trying and failing wouldn't be fatal.That's what I assume. That S-Rank missions are S-Rank because they're the most dangerous. And most of the time, the danger is going to come from something that needs to be battled.

Archangel
Tue, 09-20-2011, 07:04 PM

What i meant is that that is why she's here, not because of merit in her own ability but because it opens the door for the author to cater to dem shipping fanboys (see Zell). She's a backup defense player, she might be a good one in time but that's all she's ever going to be.

Not necessarily. As you explained, each guild sets their own exams. Gajeel wasn't an S-rank in Phantom, and Juvia hadn't been able to take Fairy Tail's S-rank exam until now.

You could say that Phantom had lower standards since all of their Elementals got owned by FT.. but that's also some protagonist-perk at work.

Yes he was

And yes they were, tremendously i might add.

If Levi can re-write Freed's runes, as seen on the Laxus arc, she just needs to write a rune owning them all. She's the only reason Natsu and Gajeel managed to fight that day.

She's a hacker, we're yet to see any evidence that she is capable of such rune magic herself.

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-20-2011, 10:47 PM
but because it opens the door for the author to cater to dem shipping fanboys (see Zell).

Sue me =P

Kraco
Wed, 09-21-2011, 03:05 AM
To put things in a bigger and more relevant perspective, the S-rank is a trifling thing in the end. It serves no purpose except that the guild will allow the mage to accept the very few S-rank missions that are, most likely, dangerous fighting missions. So, the rank is only highly relevant to no-brains fighters like Natsu and Gajeel, who think being a great mage is to be able to kick anybody's ass. However, I'm not so sure in the bigger picture just accepting missions from others will make anybody great. I doubt Zeref acquired his outlandish fame by such deeds. Rather he apparently did what he wanted, summoning demons and creating weird magical devices. Even though Natsu has kicked many such a person's ass, but I still respect more those characters who had their own goals and purposes and weren't just guild dogs doing nothing but earning money from missions. I'd respect Natsu more as well if he actually was looking for Igneel and not just whining about it.

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-24-2011, 11:57 AM
There seems to be a flood of trolls this week... anyone knows if there's even a fairy tail episode this week?

Marik
Sat, 09-24-2011, 12:04 PM
lol, every HorribleSubs release has been Kamisama Dolls 12. NarutoBase one is legit.

Splash!
Sat, 09-24-2011, 12:22 PM
^^ Yes. The episode was up on crunchyroll at least.

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-24-2011, 12:36 PM
lol, every HorribleSubs release has been Kamisama Dolls 12. NarutoBase one is legit.

Ok. Getting that and renaming to horriblesubs for name consistency then. Seems they decided to troll hard this week. Thnks Marik.

Kraco
Sat, 09-24-2011, 01:03 PM
I downloaded and watched a release by "Backup". It was legit as well.

Marik
Sat, 09-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Yeah, Backup is legit, but the video quality was crap, so I didn't mention it. It was pretty much this...

Mave (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrents&user=128254) on Sep 24 2011 at 10:03 GMT

This is just absolutely horrible. Framerate sucks, quality is shit, hard subs.

Kraco
Sat, 09-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I intended to replace it with Horriblesubs later, assuming they intend to release it at some point.