PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 554

Marik
Wed, 09-07-2011, 09:09 AM
[/URL][MangaStream & Binktopia] Naruto c.554: [url=http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3j9uvacl2wrwh5w]MediaFire (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/30146172/1) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VUWEKINF) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/hqddqu) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/30146172/1)

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 09-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks Marik :D

Interesting chapter I thought he was done for sure after that nuke went off in his face. But this whole... "Oh attack didn't work? Onto the next one." is starting to get old.

I enjoyed the colored pages at the end more than the chapter.... that first one goddamn. The serious fanboys really came out of hiding along with Sasuke huh

darkshadow
Wed, 09-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Hellbringer...Raikage's are the fucking best.

toonice714
Wed, 09-07-2011, 10:28 AM
o.O these raikages are strong.....
I'm kinda annoyed that every lighting user has stumbled on a chidori like technique. It just kind of cheapens the move. I'm feeling like most of these techs from here on out are gonna be palm strike-esque moves that are just enhanced with chakra. I hope we get to see more unique jutsus with effects

Death BOO Z
Wed, 09-07-2011, 10:49 AM
am I the only one finds it silly that someone can survive getting cut by the rasenshuringankendisc without a scratch?
not just not dead, actually no scratch. the thing didn't register on his body.

seriously, what is he made of?

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 09-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I thought that thing destroyed you at a cellular level. Oh well. Naruto will bomb him and it will be over.

Archangel
Wed, 09-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I figured that the attack did indeed cause damage ( how the fuck could it not ) but due to the Raikage's iron body and stamina the resurrection curse was able to heal his wounds almost instantly.

At least that's the shit i like to come up with in my mind to make this drivel make a little more sense.

FireEmblem
Wed, 09-07-2011, 03:47 PM
You'd think the fact that wind>lightning would actually be used to nullify his legendary stamina. I guess not.

And why the hell does he have a Raikiri too!? Give him like a lightning kick or elbow drop or something at least...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 09-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Right?? I cant stand this contradictory to the original arc's. That Chidori was Kakashi's one and only homegrown jutu.

Assertn
Wed, 09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Well the chidori is still unique in that it allows Kakashi to execute a technique otherwise reserved for raikages. The raikages have pure strength and speed behind their attacks, but someone slower and weaker like Kakashi would be exposed when trying to perform the same technique, hence why he needs the sharingan to compensate.

Archangel
Wed, 09-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Is Kakashi really slower than the Raikage? Sasuke could sort of kind of keep up with him and i'd hate to think that he's faster than Kakashi.

The way i see it he just has a shit amount of chakra within his own body which forces him to be more strategic and less of a powerhouse but his speed and jutsu shouldn't lose to any Kage, not easily anyway.

Inb4 Darkshadow and (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

poopdeville
Wed, 09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Not having much chakra means his speed can't be so good. At least compared to the Raikage and Sasuke (and Naruto, and Jiraiya, and all the other high chakra guys).

There are two competing factors: how much chakra do you have, and how much chakra can you use at once. If you don't have a lot of chakra, you can't use a lot at once, because you have to conserve it. The Raikage can move as fast as Kakashi for a longer time, or they can move faster for the same amount of time Kakashi can be at his peak speed.

Assertn
Wed, 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Kakashi stated when chidori was first explained that the technique requires a linear movement that's easy to predict and dodge.
The current Raikage doesn't seem to ever have that problem with his attacks.

Archangel
Wed, 09-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Kakashi stated when chidori was first explained that the technique requires a linear movement that's easy to predict and dodge.
The current Raikage doesn't seem to ever have that problem with his attacks.
Maybe he does, but his iron body makes counterattacks worthless thus nullifying the jutsu's weak point

darkshadow
Wed, 09-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Is Kakashi really slower than the Raikage? Sasuke could sort of kind of keep up with him and i'd hate to think that he's faster than Kakashi.

The way i see it he just has a shit amount of chakra within his own body which forces him to be more strategic and less of a powerhouse but his speed and jutsu shouldn't lose to any Kage, not easily anyway.

Inb4 Darkshadow and (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GAMMA TSUNAMI!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ┻━┻︵ ┻━┻︵ ┻━┻︵ ┻━┻︵ ┻━┻

Anyway no Sasuke couldn't keep up, Raikage disappeared and he just put up his gay defence since he knew he couldn't keep up.
Though I'd say Kakashi is probably, if not most definitly, the faster ninja. But it's as steev said, Raikiri is utterly useless without sharingan to even Kakashi because it's easily intercepted; Raikages don't suffer from this interception problem because their speed is just ridiculous compared to anyone else's and they have that lightning armor to protect them.

I don't think Kakashi has every used raikiri by just charging at anyone either, he's always tried to trap them somehow.

Kakashi charging at you with a raikiri would be akin to someone charging at you with a spear.
Raikage charging at you with hellbringer is more like a jet fighter that is simply out to ram you...an unbreakable jet...made out of razorblades....

Archangel
Wed, 09-07-2011, 08:02 PM
I'd accept Kakashi's loss should such a fight actually happen thanks to the Raikage's superior defense but i don't really see any solid evidence that he's and slower or his attack is any less powerful

The raikiri's destructive power went through kakuzu's earth element like it was butter while the Raikage took his sweet time getting past a couple of nobodies. Granted there were a lot of them, but fooder is fooder

As for speed... i ain't seen the Raikage cut a lightning in 2 yet!

MFauli
Wed, 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM
lol this chapter is such pure bullshit.

Raikage is hit with rasenshuriken and doesnŽt have a scratch. Yeah, sure. I mean, IŽd accept lessened damage, but nullifying it? Is he immune or what?!

All these up-popping legendary shinobis and their power that could match a bijuu reeeally cheapens the whole manga. IŽm so sad how we went from "Akatsuki are monsters" to "Bijuus are monster" to "thereŽs actually a fuck-ton of other ninjas that can keep up with all of them".

Oh, not to mention that no strategy at all is involved in this battle. Which is ironic, because Naruto actually attacked the Raikage with a realy plan in mind. And now the only solution seems to be pure power by using the tailed-beast bomb. sigh

February
Thu, 09-08-2011, 08:33 AM
GAMMA TSUNAMI!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ┻━┻︵ ┻━┻︵ ┻━┻︵ ┻━┻︵ ┻━┻

Anyway no Sasuke couldn't keep up, Raikage disappeared and he just put up his gay defence since he knew he couldn't keep up.
Though I'd say Kakashi is probably, if not most definitly, the faster ninja. But it's as steev said, Raikiri is utterly useless without sharingan to even Kakashi because it's easily intercepted; Raikages don't suffer from this interception problem because their speed is just ridiculous compared to anyone else's and they have that lightning armor to protect them.

I don't think Kakashi has every used raikiri by just charging at anyone either, he's always tried to trap them somehow.

Kakashi charging at you with a raikiri would be akin to someone charging at you with a spear.
Raikage charging at you with hellbringer is more like a jet fighter that is simply out to ram you...an unbreakable jet...made out of razorblades....

I think you need to stop having a boner just because you finally got to see a black anime character that's strong. Sorry for assuming you're black but it's probably true.

But I do believe that both Sasuke and Kakashi are slower than the Raikages. (At least the 4th Raikage)

That being said, we know that the 4th Raikage was faster than the 3rd one. Sasuke couldn't keep up with the 4th Raikage, but who knows if he was able to keep up with the 3rd?

So speed-wise, I think Raikages are faster.

But that doesn't mean they would win the fight. Yes they also have strength & endurance but we know that Sharingan users are masters of genjutsu and amazing hax techniques.

For example, let's say Sasuke used Amaterasu on the 3rd Raikage. The Raikage should have a body that endures and regenerates but the black flame is said to never go out until it extinguishes its target. So what's going to win? Your body that has limits / stamina or a never-ending fucking badass black flame?

Archangel
Thu, 09-08-2011, 08:40 AM
http://oi56.tinypic.com/33vhf94.jpg

>Amaterasu
>Hitting the 3rd Raikage

Wat?

February
Thu, 09-08-2011, 09:45 AM
http://oi56.tinypic.com/33vhf94.jpg

>Amaterasu
>Hitting the 3rd Raikage

Wat?

That's the 4th Raikage that dodged it.

It was explained recently that 3rd Raikage was slower than 4th Raikage.

darkshadow
Thu, 09-08-2011, 10:08 AM
I think you need to stop having a boner just because you finally got to see a black anime character that's strong. Sorry for assuming you're black but it's probably true.

That the most racist thing I've read all day.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 09-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Itachi would just Tsukuyomi all the Raikage's asses and then we would see where their speed gets them.

Patriot
Thu, 09-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I figured that the attack did indeed cause damage ( how the fuck could it not ) but due to the Raikage's iron body and stamina the resurrection curse was able to heal his wounds almost instantly.

At least that's the shit i like to come up with in my mind to make this drivel make a little more sense.

et tu Archangel? I thought I was the only one that did that!

Archangel
Thu, 09-08-2011, 02:26 PM
That's the 4th Raikage that dodged it.

It was explained recently that 3rd Raikage was slower than 4th Raikage.

State your source or kindly fuck off

Itachi would just Tsukuyomi all the Raikage's asses and then we would see where their speed gets them.

Oh absofuckinglutely, i don't even think the Shinobi army would be needed for anything if Itachi was still alive and at full strength

Confused_Yamato
Thu, 09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Well, thanks to the not-so-subtle foreshadowing, I'm sure the next chapter is where Bee and the eight-tails come in and explain that scar in a way that Naruto can take advantage of it.

Archangel
Thu, 09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Well, thanks to the not-so-subtle foreshadowing, I'm sure the next chapter is where Bee and the eight-tails come in and explain that scar in a way that Naruto can take advantage of it.
Really? I think it's all just an excuse to have Naruto perfect the Bijuu rasengan before Sasuke and his amaterasu sword show up.

toonice714
Thu, 09-08-2011, 03:25 PM
I think you arfe both on the money for predictions. The only thing that's kinda bothering me is that if all these previous hokage were soooo strong and they died in the ninja wars. Why aren't the 1st thru 3rd hokage reputed to be more fierce from the leaf village? If these monsters were out there and they existed during any of these periods, why isn't kushina the previous 9 tails host more reknowned in the ninja world? Because clearly to compete with ninja that have A)nearly indestructible bodies B) never been seen w/atom smashing jutsu and C)ninjas with speed comparable to the 4th(btw the strongest ninja KONOHA has ever produced). How doesn't this speak volumes for only possesing a small clan of unique sharingan users(btw only a select few have ever been mentioned on a large scale I.e. kakashi, itachi, shisui, and madara) and the nine tails jinchuriki? Its like saying you 5 countries all have a bunch of guns and men, we at leaf have only two guys but they are carring rocket launchers that explode into magic which burns the air......

poopdeville
Thu, 09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Oh absofuckinglutely, i don't even think the Shinobi army would be needed for anything if Itachi was still alive and at full strength

Itachi is stronger now that he's undead.

In any case, somebody needs to kill Madara, and Itachi wasn't strong enough.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 09-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Itachi is 'stronger' now in the sense his illness isn't going to get in his way. Other than that his limitless chakra is negated by the limitless chakra of the others who have been ressurected, like the 3rd Raikage.

And an Amaterasu sword has to be the dumbest weapon ever, considering the flames would appear anywhere Sasuke wants to look and at the speed of his eye movement.

darkshadow
Thu, 09-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Well shooting amaterasu isn't chakra free, why not have some on a blade instead. He can still shoot you with it if he wants to.
The sword just means you won't be doing any blocking, a swing from that has to be dodged.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Yeah but he could manipulate the flames anyway, why make it in to a sword and give them some sort of motion predictability?

Besides, I just realised how dumb the 3rd Raikage not being damaged by the Rasenshuriken is. In the previous chapter you can see he is damaged by Temari's fan attack, yet being hit by an uber wind enhanced rasengan powered by kyuubi chakra does nothing.

darkshadow
Fri, 09-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Manipulate the flames? You mean use chakra to move them around?

Archangel
Fri, 09-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Because now he can burn a whole army without dropping dead from chakra exhaustion

And if you look closely he was already disintegrating after being hit, if it wasn't for his zombie regeneration powers that attack would have done it.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Manipulate the flames? You mean use chakra to move them around?

Oh is the sword of wild unruly flames of death being held together by some other form of magic now?

rockmanj
Fri, 09-09-2011, 09:54 AM
I think the point he was making was that it would probably be really difficult to do advanced shape manipulation of amaterasu. Although with the EMS, who knows?

That the most racist thing I've read all day.

And yea, that is out of line. I don't know why he would say something like that.

darkshadow
Fri, 09-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Really you are just trying too hard to sound like an idiot now.
Susanoo uses energy sure, but the fucking flames don't fucking disappear after being fucking conjured up; he doesn't have to move the flames around anymore cause they are just sticking to susanoo just like when he defended himself from Raikage.
And no the flames stick and burn to anything they touch, once they are out there it only costs energy to manipulate them or make them disappear.

Archangel
Fri, 09-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Gonna play the devil's advocate for a bit, but for all we know sustaining susanoo is way more costly in terms of chakra than using the amaterasu.

I can see this being of use if it helps avoiding the whole emo eye bleed situation, but is that even an issue anymore now that he has an Eternal MS?

Oh and for the record, Itachi's uber genjutsu sword still kicks way more ass.

darkshadow
Fri, 09-09-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm pretty sure this was just to show his "most powerful" form to us, not something he would just use constantly, kinda like the susanoo arrow thing he used.
Using susanoo and enflaming the sword once is still less power hungry than using susanoo and just shooting amaterasu or manipulating it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-09-2011, 10:28 AM

I'll have to ask you (and others in the future) to refrain from using the race card in your discussions please.

I don't actively monitor this subforum, so do continue to use the report function to highlight future posts to bring to our attention, or the PM myself or other mods if anyone wishes to discuss this issue further.

-Buff

toonice714
Fri, 09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
o.O wow I didn't think the mods would get invovled but its good to see.
Back on topic:
I gotta say outright that I just plain don't like sasuke. I think he is the first fictional character I have hated this much aside from griffith in berserk. I can however say I can't deny when some things he does are cool or slightly interesting. With that said, I'm a sasuke hater and again I'm calling BUULLLLSSHHHHIIITTT on this power up. Where does it say ems gives you a chakra boost? When this manga started it was implied that he had an impressive amount for a genin to be able to use advance tecniques early on. Then the manga stated that his chakra control got better as an advantage to have obtained the sharingan. Also another plausible explination. Then they stretched his chakra meters by letting him "die" once to gain cursed seal lv2. Again it wasn't that hard to suspend my disbelief. And I'm sure once you get older your control and overall chakra levels grow naturally, but come on. Now he has obtained a myraid of techniques that are extremely taxing. He has also LOST the cursed seal. How is he able to fight these endurance matches with hokage and use heavy MS techs without being constanly on the verge of death? His growth is soooo unrealistic for even the setting we are in at this point of the manga. Even if it is just to put him on par with naruto for story progression it is utterly ridiculous for him to be so advanced. The only thing I can say about some of his new advantages is that Orochimaru(being damn near immortal himself) taught him some ways to stretch or limit his chakra consumption to prep his body for when he planned to take it. Aside from that the only other arguement is kishi is another illogical sasuke fanboy.
Rant over...

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Really you are just trying too hard to sound like an idiot now.
Susanoo uses energy sure, but the fucking flames don't fucking disappear after being fucking conjured up; he doesn't have to move the flames around anymore cause they are just sticking to susanoo just like when he defended himself from Raikage.
And no the flames stick and burn to anything they touch, once they are out there it only costs energy to manipulate them or make them disappear.

Oh noes, the F word, you win teh argument and the internet.

My point was its a dumb weapon because he loses the element of surprise in terms of manouverability of the flames. In a sword they are compressed in one line, it takes away the whole awesome effect of him just looking at something and it burning up. They both use chakra, but a sword is a rubbish way to use it.

And I didn't call you names, so don't do so to me. Its childish.

darkshadow
Fri, 09-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Oh noes, you didn't fucking read what I fucking wrote.

Whatever you may feel looks "awesome" is completely irrelevant to how efficient it actually is. The fact remains that the flames don't use energy once they are out; sticking them on the susanoo armor/sword/arrow/whateverthefuck thus is a one time energy drain, shooting them out just because you think it's cool and shit doesn't mean it's good way to use energy while fucking susanoo is already draining that.

And no I didn't call you names, you may very well not be an idiot; I just said you tried very hard to sound like one, like you did just now again.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Whatever you may feel looks "awesome" is completely irrelevant to how efficient it actually is.

Not only did that make me lol, but it summed up what is wrong with this discussion; you apparently knowing what is and what isn't efficient. We are both speculating but you seem to think what you say is gospel. Now either you what are saying can be backed up by facts because

a) You have read something somewhere in the managa that I missed which says an Amaterasu sword is more efficient than Amaterasu flames

b) Failing this, you have got a private line to Kishi which enables you to be privy to information others, including myself, are not

or c) You are speculating (aka talking out of your ass) like I am but unlike me you are taking what you say too seriously. Not going to speculate on why that is, as that might be a bit unkind to you.

If the answer is either a) or b) then I'm indeed an idiot. If its c), then guess what...?

On topic, you don't know if it is a one time energy drain to shape the flames or to keep them in one shape. Adjectives aside, restricting the flames in a narrow space to make a sword/spear/phallus takes away the random element of flames appearing outta no where which would at least take away the element of surprise normally associated with an Amaterasu attack. Plus it needs Susanoo to wield the sword, which I guess isn't a minor chakra spend to say the least. If Sasuke had attacked Madara with a sword in the hands of Susanoo instead of just by looking at him, there would probably be a much lower chance the flames would have touched him.

poopdeville
Fri, 09-09-2011, 02:36 PM
a) You have read something somewhere in the managa that I missed which says an Amaterasu sword is more efficient than Amaterasu flames

I don't agree with darkshadow often, but this one is pretty obvious. Way back when Itachi attacked Naruto and Jiraiya rescued him, Itachi shot Amaterasu at a wall to make an escape. The black flames stayed on the wall even after Itachi left. (Surprise! Fire keeps burning!) Indeed, somebody said the flames will burn anything, and will do it for seven days and nights.

So: Sasuke can set fire to his sword with a small flash of Amaterasu. The sword will burn and not stop burning for a week. The sword can spread the flames to anything it touches.

Yes, this is obviously more efficient on chakra usage than using eye-lasers to start multiple black fires.

It is much less efficient on Sasuke's pocket book. Wouldn't Amaterasu melt any sword, including his own?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm not questioning Amaterasu's ability to keep burning but to keep the flames restricted in a specific form for a prolonged period of time. I don't think it's like a candle i.e. use Amaterasu to light something. Like you said, that the flames would burn through everything, unless he has set fire to Susanoo itself, which would seem stupid and self defeating. It seems to be a bunch of flames forced in to the shape of a sword. So to keep something that is inherently wild and unstable in a tight form like a sword would seem like a big chakra drain to me.

Sidnne
Fri, 09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Any time I want to see people arguing hypothetical points on an imaginary topic, I just visit Gotwoot.

Archangel
Fri, 09-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Any time I want to see people arguing hypothetical points on an imaginary topic, I just visit Gotwoot.
After all, what would be the point of anime forums without these?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 09-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Funny thing is he still comes here and reads it at least once a week.... for how many years now? But clearly only bothers to post when he has some serious gold to contribute.

Sidnne
Mon, 09-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Funny thing is he still comes here and reads it at least once a week.... for how many years now? But clearly only bothers to post when he has some serious gold to contribute.

No, the funny thing is how you took what I said as a personal insult. I was only pointing out the humor in two people cursing and calling each other names over something that doesn't even really exist.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 09-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Well thats not what you said. I was responding to what you posted, not to what you were thinking as you did.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 09-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks for neg repping me guy who lurks here and only posts to show how much smarter he is than everyone else who actually have opinions and enjoy expressing them.

Sidnne
Mon, 09-19-2011, 10:52 PM
You're welcome, random kid on the internet who cries about rep.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 09-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Its not the rep I care bout so much as the act of you doing it. And apparently it matters to you if you actually went and took the time to click it and write me a douchey message.

fireheart
Tue, 09-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Well on to something completely different someone may have pointed this out already and I might just have missed it but how is it that Naruto can make his rasenshukriken in his nine tailed mode? I mean didn't he need the clones that can concentrate on mixing the wind chakra into the rasengan since he couldn't do it on his own. Unless those extra arms of his got their own minds that can concentrate on doing all kinds of stuff for him doesn't that mean he should be able to do all the different rasengans on his own without the clones now?

Archangel
Tue, 09-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Well on to something completely different someone may have pointed this out already and I might just have missed it but how is it that Naruto can make his rasenshukriken in his nine tailed mode? I mean didn't he need the clones that can concentrate on mixing the wind chakra into the rasengan since he couldn't do it on his own. Unless those extra arms of his got their own minds that can concentrate on doing all kinds of stuff for him doesn't that mean he should be able to do all the different rasengans on his own without the clones now?

Yes and yes, on both accounts.