PDA

View Full Version : Music Production

Sapphire
Sun, 09-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Anyone here interested in music production?

I'm getting into it.

List of programs I'm seeing being used are:

Reason 5
FL Studio
Audacity
Pro Tools 8

Kraco
Sun, 09-04-2011, 04:17 PM
The program I've always used for sound editing, shaping, and cleaning for various purposes over the years is Goldwave. No idea how well it still compares to Audacity (or vice versa). But my needs haven't been that fancy (although it can do some very nifty things, and lots more in any case than my skills and understanding allows) and I grew up with that program.

Music production has never been among the sound related things I've done, though, but I thought to mention the software.

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 09-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Ahhhh, Fruity Loops... Good times.

I think Pro Tools is as "Pro" as you can get. I've heard many great productions from FL and Reason just the same. It's not so much the program as the producer making the music. So it is up to him/her to find his/her suitable program in which they feel most boundless in creativity. Haven't had/heard any productions made with Audacity (not that I know of, anyway) so I can't judge it. I'd try them all out to see which one works best for you. Some are easier to work with but might not provide the same functions as the other. My 2 cents.

darkshadow
Mon, 09-05-2011, 10:26 AM
My brother uses:
Goldwave
Reason
Cubase

Xelbair
Mon, 09-05-2011, 12:15 PM
goldwave and audacity are used for post-production etc right?
I find it easier to compose stuff, well compose might be too big word for my riffs, with instrument in hands(in my case guitar or drums) than writing down notes in guitar pro.

enkoujin
Mon, 09-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I only used Audacity to remove vocals from my music if there's a lot of incessant talking or dialogue inside a song.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 09-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh, that's a GREAT idea! I love this band called "The Gathering" but I find their second album to be thoroughly not listenable because of the singer they hired. Terrible vocals even for alt-rock layered over beautiful, melodic doom metal...no thanks. Looks like I'll be using the audacity install on my computer now.

Sapphire
Tue, 09-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Wow, the guitar part in Chain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqf077N1GrQ) at the beginning is a template in Logic called 2-step Poolside Guitar. Coincidence, or the people who did Chain used Logic??!?!