PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Ep. 093

Marik
Fri, 08-19-2011, 09:32 PM
[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail 93 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=238540) | DDL (http://uploading.com/files/bfmbe8e4/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%2BFairy%2BTail%2B-%2B93%2B%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail 93 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=238536) | DDL (http://uploading.com/files/46m5222f/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%2BFairy%2BTail%2B-%2B93%2B%5B480p%5D.mkv)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Wendy even looked good with a slight dosing of dragon scales. I'm impressed.

The whole "world is ending OMG!!" took too long I reckon. The whole shock factor just wasn't there anymore, especially since Erza just made a whole speech about being-alive-is-enough last episode.

edit: sky dragon looks like shit..like some fish/shark/gekko/mass-production EVA.. :(

Kraco
Sat, 08-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Wendy even looked good

Wendy even looked good? She always looks good.

I don't think the shock factor (for the characters) was as such missing. It's not like the sky was raining fire, making the end of the world instantly evident (for all the two seconds they would live before burning to death). It's more like if electricity suddenly stopped working for us. You would first be baffled, thinking it was just your own house, then the whole town, before you realised something tremendous had happened, yet still not being sure what it was and if it was permanent. Only after a while you'd realise there would be no more anime and Gotwoot.

However, if you were talking about us viewers... Then I doubt there could have been a shock factor in the first place. After all, we have only been waiting for the heroes to prevail and return to Earthland. Who cares what happens to Edolas?

I felt the end to the Droma Anima fight was very intense and successful. I'm glad it wasn't stretched any longer. For some reason I also enjoy greatly seeing Wendy fight. It's so funny when the wondering, sympathetic, little healer girl has to give her all to be violent and destructive.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Wendy even looked good? She always looks good.

Okay, true that. Perhaps "dragon scales even looked good on Wendy."?

I was wondering for a little while about what significance those huge pillars had when Gajeel impaled the dragon. My first idea was that it was part of his move since the texture looked similar, but then I thought perhaps it's pieces of metal from the dragon's foot since he punched the shit through it. Only after a while did it occur to me that it was this:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2614/unledfbw.jpg

That's some five-star locking mechanism.

Penner
Sat, 08-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel should form a team instead of Lucy and Gray, the combinations of 3 dragon slayers fighting in synergy would be retardedly powerful if they worked more on it, easily fairy tails strongest team right there :P

Kraco
Sat, 08-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Natsu and Wendy aside, since Wendy is so amiable she could work with anybody, but Natsu and Gajeel are so incompatible under normal circumstances they wouldn't get anything done. They only manage to pull it off when the alternative would be a catastrophe for the whole guild otherwise. I doubt they could change that either without changing their basic personalities as well - and if they changed those, they might not be so formidable anymore. They basically kick so much ass because they are full of self-confidence from believing they are the best and strongest and nobody can oppose them. Two such people can't stand each other unless united by an unspeakable horror. Normal missions don't offer such adversaries. Gajeel seems to be a lone wolf anyway.

That might change once they grow up and become more responsible. Who knows. But in such a future they wouldn't really need to move around in teams.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Gajeel seems to be a lone wolf anyway.

That will change as soon as he gets his cat. :P

RyougaZell
Sat, 08-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Too bad the triple Dragon Roar didn't hit. It was an awesome attack.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah, nice Zero Requiem there Mystogan...

Wendy even looked good with a slight dosing of dragon scales. I'm impressed.I don't remember seeing this.

edit: sky dragon looks like shit..like some fish/shark/gekko/mass-production EVA.. :(No. What it looks like is a Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Gajeel seems to be a lone wolf anyway.Pretty sure he's normally teamed up with Juvia.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-21-2011, 01:04 AM
No. What it looks like is a Blue Eyes White Dragon.

It doesn't even look as good as that one. The head is flat, for one, and at least the blue eyes looked like it had a some armour/scales. That one there just looks like a dragon-ised, disgusting white EVA.

I don't remember seeing this.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/899/horriblesubsfairytail93.jpg
"Don't you dare forget."

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-21-2011, 01:08 AM
I think you might be looking into it too hard. She just looks scratched up to me.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-21-2011, 02:26 AM
I think you might be looking into it too hard. She just looks scratched up to me.

Only dragon-slayers have scratches like that that are near perpendicular with each other, from my observation.

For some reason I also enjoy greatly seeing Wendy fight. It's so funny when the wondering, sympathetic, little healer girl has to give her all to be violent and destructive.

I dunno, but I think Wendy being violent brings out my inner M or something..

Penner
Sun, 08-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I didn't think of those as dragon scales either (still don't), just your regular battle bruising/scratches.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Only dragon-slayers have scratches like that that are near perpendicular with each other, from my observation.You realize that in the very picture you posted she has some on her sleeves right?

I think if they were scales, they'd be connected to each other the way they are when Natsu and Garjeel change.

Kraco
Sun, 08-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Pretty sure he's normally teamed up with Juvia.

Which is probably just for old times sake since they knew each other from the olden days. Considering the master of their previous guild, I very much doubt teamwork was in high regard. Juvia only cares about Gray and Gajeel only cares about himself (and a cat he doesn't yet have). Quite a functional team to fulfill a team requirement and to allow both to do whatever they can and want.

Archangel
Tue, 08-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Those aren't scales, the only old style Dragon Slayer to have ever achieved Dragon Force so far has been Natsu

edit: sky dragon looks like shit..like some fish/shark/gekko/mass-production EVA.. :(

You look like shit

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-24-2011, 04:34 AM
Those aren't scales, the only old style Dragon Slayer to have ever achieved Dragon Force so far has been NatsuEr, I don't mean to argue, but Garjeel is CLEARLY scaley when he gets his iron skin.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Those aren't scales, the only old style Dragon Slayer to have ever achieved Dragon Force so far has been Natsu

I'm not talking about actual scales from powerups. I agree that they're scatches. What I also said was that they're an aesthetic thing that I have only noticed on dragon slayers. Everybody else from memory always got your "regular" battle-damage scratches.

@Darth regarding shirt marks: there's an X on her shirt, yeah. I was referencing to the near-joined # above her right eye.

Treat it as me talking nonsense if you will, since I can't see myself digging up anything pics (if possible). The easiest way to disprove this point would be to find a non-dragon slayer with the above battle damage mark.